Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:49 am

Post by Benmage »

Tierce you should choose Redff with me.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Valar Morghulis translates to '
all men must die
' in High Valyrian.

Day 1, Votecount 9

MagnaofIllusion (1) - Shadow1psc
Mastermind of Sin (1) - sword_of_omens
Starbuck (3) - Plum's Yo Mamma, Feysal, redFF
SnowStorm (2) - Plessiezarus, Regfan
Minimum (6) - MagnaofIllusion, Salamence20, Hasdgfas, Lyanna Stark, StefanB, Benmage

Petyr Baelish (1) - Mastermind of Sin
Benmage (1) - SnowStorm
Salamence20 (5) - pappums rat, Staeg, Minimum, BBmolla, Dolorous Edd
Feysal (2) - Starbuck, Pandora
redFF (1) - Tyene Sand

Not Voting (5):
Mockingjaye, Petyr Baelish, Hyperion, Bvoigt, Jal

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 3rd September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-03 18:59:59)
  • redFF is V/la until Friday.

CHOOSE PASSIVE AGRESSION

MagnaofIllusion (3) - Minimum, sword_of_omens, MagnaofIllusion
Tyene Sand (1) - Feysal
Dolorous Edd (2) - Hasdgfas, Plum's Yo Mamma
Feysal (4) - Dolorous Edd, Salamence20, StefanB, BBmolla

Hasdgfas (1) - Shadow1psc
Petyr Baelish (1) - Mastermind of Sin
Minimum (3) - Pandora, Regfan, Tyene Sand
Starbuck (2) - Starbuck, Staeg
redFF (1) - Benmage

Not Choosing (10):
Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Petyr Baelish, Hyperion, redFF, pappums rat, Bvoigt, Plessiezarus, SnowStorm, Jal

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'.

Point out any mistakes that you see.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:56 am

Post by Tyene Sand »

That would require me trusting him with a gun. All things being equal, I'd rather the better player gets Chosen over Lynched. Yes, if they are scum they'll make a better shot for their faction, but I find it very unlikely that the scumteam(s) are all composed of idiots who can't pick out a good N1 extra kill even if we Choose derpscum. Therefore, I want to pick a good player who has a decent chance of flipping scum, as that gives us a better chance of hitting scum if the suicide bomber is actually town.

Ergo, Minimum is a far better Choice than redFF and
you
should have your choice/vote flipped around, not I.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

I have to head off to class, so I'll be finishing catching up later.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 223, Benmage wrote:
OR simply I am a sfum team of 3 there must be another team.... Something like that would make more sense.

This too.

In post 232, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Nope. You need to read for comprehension BB. The point is that Dol Edd is inventing reasons to attack which indicates to me the odds are higher that he is indeed scum who knows / suspects (from team size) it is Multiball and thinks he has ‘caught’ other scum slipping.
--

How come you always manage to find a ridiculous reason to just throw shit my way?
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 208, MagnaofIllusion wrote:While on the subject – what is your read on Minimum and why is it that?

Hmm. Our take on Minimum is a bit confused. I can't read CES at all, personally. But Zar tells me that he thinks CES fits his scum-meta better than his town-meta at the moment. In particular, Zar doesn't like Minimum's #21, which he reads as an attempt to sound helpful while giving bad advice (the sort of people you'd policy lynch aren't really the sort of people to trust with a free vig-kill, so the idea to make the choosing a policy-lynch seems backwards). We'd both have a better take on that slot if Mina was posting more. We think.

(Lyanna, I think it was us who speculated that Minimum was mostly/entirely CES. Mina was pretty good at signing her posts when she was a hydra in SOS -- plus, of course, Minimum's posts so far have been pretty short...).

In post 159, SnowStorm wrote:No, I haven't read any games modded by Eddard Stark.

Oh. You should? Or skim them, maybe. A lot of the people in this game were in one or more of them, so it might give you a good read on people you've not seen before. Plus they're quite fun to read?

~ Pless
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 226, Starbuck wrote: Dolorous Edd said the same in his first post:
Dolorous Edd wrote:And if we pick town, it will at least narrow down the scum pool, and at the same time, the town person is making a town-minded decision (or we can even pre-determine who they should shoot if they're town).

Umm, misrepmuch?

Nice crop there. But the whole post was:
In post 14, Dolorous Edd wrote:
Also, question. How about picking a suspicious/scummy person to send to kill Jon Snow or whatever. I mean, mathematically, if we do pick scum, then all they will really do is kill a town person, vs a scum dying. And if we pick town, it will at least narrow down the scum pool, and at the same time, the town person is making a town-minded decision (or we can even pre-determine who they should shoot if they're town).

Also, my reason for the "picking town" is picking a suspicious person, and if they
happen
to be town, then at least it narrows down the suspect pool + still puts the vig in hands of a townie.

Your reasons on the other hand seem to make no sense. You want to give it to someone we suspect is town?! But who we will somehow magically determine to be VT? In hopes of them shooting scum? Instead of trying to catch scum with it, so we can guarantee we would be killing of a scum?
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:07 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 247, Tyene Sand wrote:How sad that this thread would ignore redFF's scumminess. Minimum is a bad lynch and, moreover,
we wouldn't want to ruin CES's record of not getting lynched
, now would we?

Um, that's the stupidest reason I ever saw to justify not voting for a scummy player. I'd love to see your reasoning why they are a bad lynch because any person worth Choosing is frankly worth lynching.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 255, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 159, SnowStorm wrote:No, I haven't read any games modded by Eddard Stark.

Oh. You should? Or skim them, maybe. A lot of the people in this game were in one or more of them, so it might give you a good read on people you've not seen before. Plus they're quite fun to read?

Did your question have any more motivation that just this?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 am

In post 239, BBmolla wrote:MoI do you think I'm scum

Stop dodging and answer the question - why is Sala scum in your own words?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Starbuck

Sorry if for an instance I thought she might've been town. She's not.

Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:12 am

Post by Tyene Sand »

MoI: I was being facetious; picking up on tone in that sentence should not be that difficult. And I've explained why I think Choosing Minimum is far wiser than Lynching them. Please try to keep up.

Edd, you're going down a dreadfully wrong track. It's going to end in blood, pain and a lot of defeatist thoughts at the edge of the world. Starbuck is not scum, she's town with an idea on how to play that differs from yours.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:13 am

In post 254, Dolorous Edd wrote:How come you always manage to find a ridiculous reason to just throw shit my way?

Calling out your behavior is hardly a 'ridiculous' reason to suspect you. Fact stands that it is more likely for Town than scum to be the first to broach "Multiball" and more likely Scum to be the one who jumps on them for bringing up the possibility.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14 am

In post 261, Tyene Sand wrote:MoI: I was being facetious; picking up on tone in that sentence should not be that difficult. And I've explained why I think Choosing Minimum is far wiser than Lynching them. Please try to keep up.

I see your reasoning. I don't really say I agree as Minimum is by far the scummiest slot in thread and doesn't need access to the kill IMO. Please continue with the patented 'Tierce condescension'. It suits you!

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 247, Tyene Sand wrote:I find it curious that you have null reads on three of the weakest players in the game.

How sad that this thread would ignore redFF's scumminess. Minimum is a bad lynch and, moreover, we wouldn't want to ruin CES's record of not getting lynched, now would we?

UNCHOOSE: Feysal
CHOOSE: Minimum

This is a really bad post in pretty much every respect.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Tierce at this point Minim is more likely to be lynched.. I'd worrry less about the 'aim' of people... and more concerned with getting those we want dead, dead. So you should switch.

Plus red if scum.. doesn't matter.. and if town, there's much worse shooters out there.. Mina for instance.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 261, Tyene Sand wrote:Edd, you're going down a dreadfully wrong track. It's going to end in blood, pain and a lot of defeatist thoughts at the edge of the world. Starbuck is not scum, she's town with an idea on how to play that differs from yours.

Not anyone with an original idea is town though.

And her idea makes zero sense. And she hasn't attempted to explain it either.

I am perfectly fine with people having different ideas. As long as I can see where they're coming from. And I can't see where she is genuinely coming from.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 256, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 226, Starbuck wrote: Dolorous Edd said the same in his first post:
Dolorous Edd wrote:And if we pick town, it will at least narrow down the scum pool, and at the same time, the town person is making a town-minded decision (or we can even pre-determine who they should shoot if they're town).

Umm, misrepmuch?

Nice crop there. But the whole post was:
In post 14, Dolorous Edd wrote:
Also, question. How about picking a suspicious/scummy person to send to kill Jon Snow or whatever. I mean, mathematically, if we do pick scum, then all they will really do is kill a town person, vs a scum dying. And if we pick town, it will at least narrow down the scum pool, and at the same time, the town person is making a town-minded decision (or we can even pre-determine who they should shoot if they're town).

Also, my reason for the "picking town" is picking a suspicious person, and if they
happen
to be town, then at least it narrows down the suspect pool + still puts the vig in hands of a townie.

Your reasons on the other hand seem to make no sense. You want to give it to someone we suspect is town?! But who we will somehow magically determine to be VT? In hopes of them shooting scum? Instead of trying to catch scum with it, so we can guarantee we would be killing of a scum?

Real quick before I go. I wasn't meaning to misrep, but to show that you did have the same idea about using a townie rather than someone who may be scum on the contrary to your previous sentence.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am

Post by Tyene Sand »

MoI--why is the hydra suspect for jumping on Feysal's multiball mention while you are disregarding others who have done the same? Namely, me.

Frankly I think the way they are dismissing scumreads on themselves as ridiculous speaks of Town.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 267, Starbuck wrote:
Real quick before I go. I wasn't meaning to misrep, but to show that you did have the same idea about using a townie rather than someone who may be scum on the contrary to your previous sentence.

But... we didn't have the same idea? Like, not at all.

It seemed like you were just pulling up quotes from people to show that they had the "same idea as you", in a way to say "so why am
I
being suspected for it, and not
them
." Which makes you scummy.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 266, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 261, Tyene Sand wrote:Edd, you're going down a dreadfully wrong track. It's going to end in blood, pain and a lot of defeatist thoughts at the edge of the world. Starbuck is not scum, she's town with an idea on how to play that differs from yours.

Not anyone with an original idea is town though.

And her idea makes zero sense. And she hasn't attempted to explain it either.

I am perfectly fine with people having different ideas. As long as I can see where they're coming from. And I can't see where she is genuinely coming from.

I've attempted to explain it a bunch, please don't blame your comprehension issues on me. I've been repeating myself (it seems) in every frakking post that I make.

Like Tierce said, we have different ideas, but you did express something similar to my idea. You can't deny that. In any case, I don't think your disagreement with me makes you scum.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 256, Dolorous Edd wrote:Umm, misrepmuch?

[...]

Your reasons on the other hand seem to make no sense. You want to give it to someone we suspect is town?! But who we will somehow magically determine to be VT?

I agree with you on how to use the choosing, but you are guilty of some misrepresentation of your own here. Starbuck is claiming VT and choosing themselves. There's no "magical determination" involved in that plan.

In post 258, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 255, Plessiezarus wrote:

Did your question have any more motivation that just this?

Yep.

SnowStorm's vote for Benmage would have seemed odder, to me, if he then claimed to have read some of the previous games. We're actually feeling a bit better about him now. (Zar thinks #194 looks like being a town-tell for SS, for instance.)

~ Pless
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 269, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 267, Starbuck wrote:

But... we didn't have the same idea? Like, not at all.

It seemed like you were just pulling up quotes from people to show that they had the "same idea as you", in a way to say "so why am
I
being suspected for it, and not
them
." Which makes you scummy.

Seems like you just read what you wanted to:

Starbuck wrote:Not deflecting here, but I don't like being treated like I'm fucking insane when I'm not the only person to express the same idea.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:24 am

Post by StefanB »

Ben: Are you calling Mina a worse shoter because you fear for your own live or is there another reason?
Why do you thing, RedFF would be better.

Has: What is so bad about Tyenes Post?
I see a little impatience that is more likly coming from town (and youth).
And a joke.
What was so bad about it.

She wants Minimum dead, just in a different way.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 270, Starbuck wrote:
Like Tierce said, we have different ideas, but you did express something similar to my idea.

This is not "Fake it till you make it". Repeating something over and over won't make it true at some point. I still fail to see how our thoughts were even remotely similiar, except for the fact we were both pondering on what if an innocent was picked. This, OTOH, is what you were possibly aiming for:
In post 269, Dolorous Edd wrote:It seemed like you were just pulling up quotes from people to show that they had the "same idea as you", in a way to say "so why am I being suspected for it, and not them." Which makes you scummy.

In post 270, Starbuck wrote:You can't deny that. In any case, I don't think your disagreement with me makes you scum.

I feel like this is somehow aimed to please me?

In post 271, Plessiezarus wrote:
I agree with you on how to use the choosing, but you are guilty of some misrepresentation of your own here. Starbuck is claiming VT and choosing themselves. There's no "magical determination" involved in that plan.

Umm, no, before she had picked herself, she had it in mind to send a VT.

In post 271, Plessiezarus wrote:SnowStorm's vote for Benmage would have seemed odder, to me, if he then claimed to have read some of the previous games.

Why?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”