Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 am

Post by Eidolon »

that lynch did happen really effin fast.

let's just hope pasch's last post was an annoyed scum being caught on something he didn't think was scummy.

if he ends up being town, i'd like to take a closer look at mcstab, and everyone else on the wagon as well, to be honest.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:00 am

Post by Eidolon »

^the reason why i say mcstab is because he apparently knows pasch's meta really well.

i don't really like whiskers and om saying "if he's town, look at these people" but i can see why they might think that from a town perspective.

I'd be shocked if RC was mafia, even if he flipped town. If he flips chosen, i'd have to think about it.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:36 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Let's hope Pasch flips scum. If he flips VT, we don't really have a lot of leads. If he flips chosen, sure I'd understand why people would suspect me since the odds that a townie went after a chosen townie are 1 in 3 - which isn't very small. But I really am town and I will defend why I thought Pasch was scum. Needless to say, if he flips chosen, some of the people on his wagon are likely scum. If he flips VT, I am assuming most people are town since scum won't really have a motivation to add to an inevitable lynch unless they have something to gain and he did play scummily. His last post claims that I threw around the word "misrepresentation" when it wasn't true. However, it is true and he never actually defended against it.

Whiskers, what do you mean by the bolded part (emphasis mine)?

In post 99, Whiskers wrote:If he flips chosen, I'm going after Eilo first. She started the wagon with very little reason and stayed on. Considering the stuff like, "I can read RC like a book," if Pasch flips chosen, I'd think it's more likely to be something like,
Eilo is directing RapidC to wagon on that player

I went after Pasch because he was scummy not because Eido told me to. Her reasoning for going after him was I believe independent of mine.
Mortontfrh
Mortontfrh
Goon
Mortontfrh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:08 am

Post by Mortontfrh »

Final Vote Count:

Vote Count 1.05

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Paschendale (5 - Lynch): Eidolon, Rapidcanyon, Mcstab, Whiskers, Om of the Nom

Realgodfather (3): Greywing, Paschendale

Not Voting: crypto, Realgodfather

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-09-01 17:14:00)

Paschendale the
Vanilla Townie
was lynched. Night one deadline is until (expired on 2012-08-23 14:07:00) from now.
Mortontfrh
Mortontfrh
Goon
Mortontfrh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:33 am

Post by Mortontfrh »

Going to be in class when the deadline ends, so i'll open this two hours early rather than open it late.

Om of the Nom the
Vanilla Townie
was killed Night One.

Current Vote Count:

Vote Count 1.06

With 7 players alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Not Voting: crypto, Realgodfather, Greywing, Eidolon, Rapidcanyon, Mcstab, Whiskers

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-09-06 11:32:00)

I'll update the front page when I get home from class this afternoon.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:41 am

Post by Eidolon »

I think since someone on the wagon was killed, it's reasonable to assume that 1 person on the wagon is scum with greywing.

Yesterday was a blunder and I am willing to defend why i thought the case was legit at the time.

My biggest suspect on the wagon is mcstab but to a lesser extent, whiskers and rc.

And i think whiskers wouldn't have killed his buddy om.... rc probably would have killed whiskers for revenge.

but i realize that is not solid evidence.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:43 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

They killed Om. Interesting choice. How do mafia generally choose their kills in a setup like this one? Do they go for the most skilled players? Om has about 3500 posts so I am guessing he is relatively skilled and experienced. Om was also the hammer so that might have brought some suspicion on him if he wasn't killed. As far as my experience playing in other games on mafiascum (ongoing so can't talk about them), players never hammer for ages, possibly due to it being seen as scummy?

Anyways, the lynch did come fairly quickly but as everyone pointed out, Pasch was acting scummy so I don't know if anyone of the bandwagoners could be scum. I'd be far more suspicious of the bandwagoners had Pasch flipped chosen.

Whiskers, can you clarify my question above in post ?

Other than that, crypto was inactive but yet to be replaced. Is this indicative of scum who participated in the mafia PM or town who did not have a night action and hence did not need to be replaced?
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:45 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Eidolon, why do you assume that someone on the wagon is scum? If scum were on the wagon for instance, they would want to kill outside the wagon, would they not?

Also, explain your sudden suspicion on me this day when you previously said that you would be surprised if I was scum even if Pasch flipped vanilla townie?
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Eidolon »

aghh. nevermind on the greywing thing. I scrolled up to the voutcount and missed the non-voting part.

but it's likely that at least one if not 2 scum are in the group of: greywing, crypto, realgodfather

and this would give us slightly better odds than lynching among the ones on the wagon.

this is based solely off of who was killed.

thoughts?

PEDIT: rc, i don't particularly think you are scum which is why i said to a lesser extent. you seem to have been acting upon your typical aggressive town meta, but i'm not 100% that you are town.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:01 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 106, Eidolon wrote:I think since someone on the wagon was killed, it's reasonable to assume that 1 person on the wagon is scum with greywing.

Yesterday was a blunder and I am willing to defend why i thought the case was legit at the time.

My biggest suspect on the wagon is mcstab but to a lesser extent, whiskers and rc.

And i think whiskers wouldn't have killed his buddy om.... rc probably would have killed whiskers for revenge.

I was looking over it, having been on the business end of an RC push, to see if the case had any merit. I'd also be willing to defend my vote on Pasch.

RC might have killed Om for revenge too.
I'll have to look over McStab and Greywing, but something about this post feels off. Remember, you were on the wagon too.
Why is Greywing scum? (You say, someone on the wagon,
with Greywing.
)
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:06 am

Post by Eidolon »

^ please read my previous post where i cleared up the grewying thing. that was a mistake on my part. Not necessarily greywing but one of the three players not on the wagon.

I'd like to hear more from them and who they think might be scum (on and off the wagon)
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:09 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 110, Whiskers wrote:
In post 106, Eidolon wrote:I think since someone on the wagon was killed, it's reasonable to assume that 1 person on the wagon is scum with greywing.

I was looking over it, having been on the business end of an RC push, to see if the case had any merit. I'd also be willing to defend my vote on Pasch.

RC might have killed Om for revenge too.
I'll have to look over McStab and Greywing, but something about this post feels off. Remember, you were on the wagon too.
Why is Greywing scum? (You say, someone on the wagon,
with Greywing.
)

Or you could have killed Om to make me look guilty :)

I don't kill people for "revenge" when I play mafia. I usually kill inactives when I played offsite.

Pedit: I would like to hear from the people not on the wagon as well. Crypto has been inactive. Greywing said the wagon was moving too fast and was right about it. RealGF - there was a wagon on him first but then the pasch wagon grew more quickly, so I am not sure. I'd like to hear real GF's thoughts as well.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 103, rapidcanyon wrote:Whiskers, what do you mean by the bolded part (emphasis mine)?

In post 99, Whiskers wrote:If he flips chosen, I'm going after Eilo first. She started the wagon with very little reason and stayed on. Considering the stuff like, "I can read RC like a book," if Pasch flips chosen, I'd think it's more likely to be something like,
Eilo is directing RapidC to wagon on that player

I went after Pasch because he was scummy not because Eido told me to. Her reasoning for going after him was I believe independent of mine.

I mean: It could have been one mafia player signalling to the other mafia player to make a big push and a quicklynch.
I'm assuming this isn't the case, since Pasch flipped Vanilla, not Chosen. It wouldn't necessarily be the case even if he had flipped chosen, but you two have had a bit of interaction/buddying, enough to link you two together, and Eilo voted for Pasch
before
you made your trademark push.

Oh, that reminds me:
Do
you two know each other? Eido,
can
you "read RC like a book"? Even now, you're talking about his town meta, RC claims he hasn't played with you before this game.

[preedit]
But you didn't really clear it up at all. I don't know why you thought he might be scum-- I don't know what you had mistaken.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:11 am

Post by Whiskers »

I also think a RGF/RC team is possible, but I don't have any evidence for it, save that RC derailed the RGF wagon and defended RGF, to build the Pasch wagon instead-- and that's not enough for a lynch.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:17 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

@ Whiskers, I agree that I switched pressure from RGF to Pasch - I just didn't think that RGF was scum seeing as how they were quickly 3 votes on him and Pasch put on the fourth after lurking for a while. I thought Pasch was pushing a lynch based on no reasoning. I'd like to hear RGF's take on this. I will comment more once he posts his analysis.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Eidolon »

Whiskers, yes i know eido from another site and i can read him rather accurately. He can explain why he said he didn't know me. after looking back over the game, i don't think he's scum for what it's worth. im about 95% on him as town. but i'm keeping the possibility open because of the way things happened yesterday.

About what i had mistaken - i looked at the votecount from yesterday. For whatever reason i didn't notice the two people in the "not voting" category so I thought grey was the only one living that wasn't on the wagon. That is not the case though and I don't think grey is in any way more possibly scum than the other two.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Eidolon »

i know rapid. lmao. i think i need a break for a bit. :P
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:22 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Also, I wouldn't discount someone on the pasch wagon being scum with rgf who first voted for rgf and then switched their votes when they saw a better opportunity.

How common is bussing on mafiascum? Do players usually vote their teammate as scum?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:38 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 118, rapidcanyon wrote:Also, I wouldn't discount someone on the pasch wagon being scum with rgf who first voted for rgf and then switched their votes when they saw a better opportunity.

How common is bussing on mafiascum? Do players usually vote their teammate as scum?

It varies by player.
This is going to sound bad, but you really should go and /in for a Newbie Game. They'll tell you all this stuff in a pretty mafiascum-standard environment and a player to coach and teach you on common practice. You already understand the game, largely, you just need to adjust to this site-- you'd probably dominate and win a newbie game.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:55 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

There were four votes on RGF in this order - Grey, Om, Whiskers, Pasch. Whiskers, what was your reasoning for voting RGF at that point? You just said "interestingly enough."

After Whisker's vote on RGF, Eidolon votes Pasch and then I vote Pasch. McStab votes Pasch, then whiskers switches to Pasch agreeing with some of my case and disagreeing with other parts. Then Om hammers.

Slight gut feeling on whiskers at this point.

Other than that, nothing more to say until Grey, RGF, McStab, and Crypto post.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 am

Post by Whiskers »

As you may have heard me say before, it will take more than that to lynch me.
Om's hammer is much scummier, imo, than my vote. Why would I kill Om?
-He had a townread on me, so I'd want to keep him around.
-His vote was scummier than mine, so I'd want to keep him around.

However, you knocking off Om, the last vote on the wagon, leaves me, as the last LIVING vote on the wagon, for you to attack.
I'll defend my vote, as I said I think I can. However, it won't be soon, I'm doing other things today.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 121, Whiskers wrote:
Om's hammer is much scummier, imo, than my vote. Why would I kill Om?

You are comparing Om's hammer to your vote. There is no reason to compare the two. My suspicion on your vote is that you were the only one to switch from RealGF to Pasch when you saw that the Pasch wagon was building.

-He had a townread on me, so I'd want to keep him around.

Or you kept him around just so you could write the above sentence.

-His vote was scummier than mine,

That is merely your opinion.

However, you knocking off Om, the last vote on the wagon, leaves me, as the last LIVING vote on the wagon, for you to attack.

Except that I didn't attack you for being the last living vote on the wagon. I pointed out that you initially voted realGF and then switched to Pasch.

If I were scum, and we assume hypothetically that attacking the last vote on a wagon is a sound strategy, why would I kill off the last vote on the wagon in order to attack the second last? I would simply kill someone uninvolved with the wagon and attack the last vote (om) first and after he is lynched, then attack you.

But simply attacking the last vote on a wagon without considering other variables gives us no information. We have to take other things into consideration such as the manner in which the votes are placed and the reasoning supplied for those votes.

I'll defend my vote, as I said I think I can. However, it won't be soon, I'm doing other things today.

Sure. I really want to hear from the others especially crypto who hasn't posted and McStab who said he would give more analysis.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

* Typo - or you killed him just so you could write the above sentence.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by Eidolon »

In post 122, rapidcanyon wrote:

You are comparing Om's hammer to your vote. There is no reason to compare the two. My suspicion on your vote is that you were the only one to switch from RealGF to Pasch when you saw that the Pasch wagon was building.

That suspicion relies on realgf being scum, does it not? so it seems to make more sense to pressure and/or lynch him first.

Return to “Completed Open Games”