Mini 1363: Star Trek Voyager: Endgame (Game Over)

Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Shinori »

I disabled a device that stopped the mafia from MILLERING an innocent.

I don't quite know what to think of this. Want a cop report. But this means that one innocent will return guilty from the Night 1. However they were stopped this night. And I really doubt there are two versions of this role as it seems pretty strong if there were two of them.

##Vote: Drmyshotgun
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by theomoaner »

Zdenek investigated as town - I dropped my scanner and he picked it up and passed it back to me, I then checked the reading. Hologram matches person.
So much for my name/flavour theory.

@Shinori, what is your reasoning on Gunny? Why would Shed have rolecopped one of her own team?

My reads so far:

Town
Yates and Gunny - from Sheds action/investigation.
Shinori and Zdenek - from my investigation (so long as I'm sane, etc...)
LLD - two double votes on scum- very pro town, but might be third party.

MOI - Seems to be town.

That leaves a scum pool of Maestro and PM

VOTE: Maestro
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 pm

Post by theomoaner »

@PMysterious: How come you don't know what your upgrade would give to MOI as in ->
In post 247, PMysterious wrote:Every night, I can give any player a Phaser Upgrade. However, I won't know if they got it and each one is player specific. That's pretty much it in a star beat.

Flavor: You're on MY ship. The Voyager. No one messes with it but me.

In post 250, PMysterious wrote:Well, I am Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres.

I have no idea what exactly the Phaser Upgrade does myself. It doesn't tell me much else. It would be best if I actually knew what it actually did before I use it though.

I'm guessing this game is slightly b*stard?

But you do know that we should lynch MOI if he can kill?

In post 718, PMysterious wrote:It depends on what he has. If he can kill, we'll lynch him. If not, ok.

@Zdenek: I'm curious as to why you accept Shinori as cleared by the cop but you don't accept the cop as town, isn't this a mutually exclusive proposition?
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Maestro...It's plausible I guess. Doc claim sounds pretty easy to fake. And why PM? Lol.

I think Shin and I are both Town.
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:03 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I will be LA starting at 4:45pm EDT today as usual from my family weekend duties til Tuesday morning (due to the Monday Holiday in America). I will have sporadic access but will not be as active as normal.

--

First things first – my Night 2 results from Korlash are as follows (paraphrased of course) …

I come out of Sick Bay (routine visit that is meaningless IMO) to find an active device on the ground. It’s a command module from a species absorbed by the Borg in the past and it contains code meant to fool Voyager’s internal sensors. It’s already active and can’t be turned off.

So scum activated Investigation Immunity according to the Night PM last Night.

--

PMyst wrote: @MagnaOfIllusion: Do you have anything at all? I should have given you something with my Phaser Upgrade.

No. The only message I got from Korlash was shown above. No “You now have this neat toy”. I’ve PMed him to double-check he didn’t miss something based on this post.

--

Shotty wrote: MoI's claim is the most unbelievable claim of them all.

You can detail why if you’d like. The only saving grace you have is that Shed visited you which doesn’t clear you 100% since we have no actual idea what role he had.

--

Zdenek wrote:Town:
Shinori - cleared by cop.
Yates - caught Shed
PM - protected on a no kill night.
Maestro - presumably doc'ed pm

That leaves:
Drmyshotgun
Themoaner
MoI
LLD

So Yates is clear for his claimed Track on Shed yet LLD isn’t clear for power-Double voting two scum?

--

Shin wrote: I don't quite know what to think of this. Want a cop report. But this means that one innocent will return guilty from the Night 1. However they were stopped this night. And I really doubt there are two versions of this role as it seems pretty strong if there were two of them.

Have you considered that these three roles might be effectively Vanilla Town that do nothing given this is a Bastard game? It is possible.

--

Theo wrote: Zdenek investigated as town - I dropped my scanner and he picked it up and passed it back to me, I then checked the reading. Hologram matches person.

I would not lynch him today but based on the small chance my Night PM is valid he shouldn’t be considered 100% clear.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:19 am

So basically I'd like to here what Yates has to say about his Night action before I vote.

I am not voting LLD or Yates unless some bit of information comes out that indicates a Guilty on either of them.
I'm not voting Shin. His claim and Theo's results mean he's Town. Would 100% doubt a Guilty result on him.
I am not likely to vote Zdenek or Theo although it is in the realm of possibility.

That leave PM, Shotty, and Maestro (in rough decending order) of where I will likely place my vote today.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:32 am

Post by theomoaner »

I believe it's unlikely that Yates submitted a night action.

In post 729, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
First things first – my Night 2 results from Korlash are as follows (paraphrased of course) …

I come out of Sick Bay (routine visit that is meaningless IMO) to find an active device on the ground. It’s a command module from a species absorbed by the Borg in the past and it contains code meant to fool Voyager’s internal sensors. It’s already active and can’t be turned off.

So scum activated Investigation Immunity according to the Night PM last Night.

I thought you could tap into the scum communication network - this looks like something different.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 727, theomoaner wrote:@Zdenek: I'm curious as to why you accept Shinori as cleared by the cop but you don't accept the cop as town, isn't this a mutually exclusive proposition?

No, they are not mutually exclusive. Assuming 3 scum, which is a safe bet, if you're scum, he's cleared, and if you're town, you're telling the truth and he's likely cleared.
In post 729, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So Yates is clear for his claimed Track on Shed yet LLD isn’t clear for power-Double voting two scum?

Considering the circumstances of the lynches, no. Shos would have been an incredibly appealing person to bus and Yates has information on Shed/DGB, which made that lynch likely.
In post 731, theomoaner wrote:I believe it's unlikely that Yates submitted a night action.

Why?

MoI, your thoughts on:
In post 712, drmyshotgun wrote:So no-one died? Good!!
I defused a device that enables investigation immunity. Cop's result would be great.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:59 am

Post by theomoaner »

In post 732, Zdenek wrote:
In post 731, theomoaner wrote:I believe it's unlikely that Yates submitted a night action.

Why?

In post 585, Yates wrote:
Also, cheers from London. You probably wont be hearing from me again for a while...

This was eight days ago. If he's not been keeping up with the game then I doubt he submitted a night action.

If there are only 3 scum in the game then one of PM and MOI are lying, otherwise there has to be 2 left in the game, one to activate the immunity, (? unless the investigation immunity is passive, and then it may have been active on night 1, which would make my result on Shinori suspect ?) and one to roleblock PM.

In post 732, Zdenek wrote:
MoI, your thoughts on:
In post 712, drmyshotgun wrote:So no-one died? Good!!
I defused a device that enables investigation immunity. Cop's result would be great.

Good point, I missed this. Shotty, Can you be more specific on why MOI's claim is the least believable?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:34 am

So word back from Korlash is effectively “you got everything you were intended to get” basically in a way that didn’t answer my question directly.

--

Theo wrote: I believe it's unlikely that Yates submitted a night action.

Possible. But not absolutly certain. I’m happy to wait till he gets back in like 4 or so Days to be sure.

Theo wrote:I thought you could tap into the scum communication network - this looks like something different.

It looked different yesterday also … :?

Take it up with Korlash post-game if you want to get hung up flavor.

Theo wrote: (? unless the investigation immunity is passive, and then it may have been active on night 1, which would make my result on Shinori suspect ?)

I disagree in that the manner in which Shin came out with his information Day 2 is pretty Town and the level of detail he gave about the message he received told me pretty clearly he wasn’t making it up (unless he is a Goon that gets messaged just like us in which case GG).

--

Zdenek wrote: Considering the circumstances of the lynches, no. Shos would have been an incredibly appealing person to bus and Yates has information on Shed/DGB, which made that lynch likely.

Well I guess we disagree.

Zdenek wrote: MoI, your thoughts on:

Well my thoughts are as follows –

1. In regards to his “I deactivated the Investigation Immunity” lines I can see it going any of the following ways

A. Town Shotty’s role like mine and Shin’s are actually useless Red-Herrings and thus it is meaningless.
B. Scum Shotty knew he successfully activated Investigation Immunity last Night and decided to try to go the other way for confusion’s sake.
C. PMyst’s targeting of me (be he Town or Scum) resulted in the variance between my Night PM Night 2 and Night 1.

Honestly I’m to the point where I’m not taking anything for granted regarding these roles.

2. The one aspect of that post that does make me wonder is the “No-one died? Good” portion which a minute later he retracts with “That sucks” effectively. On first reading I at Gut level it’s a ‘Congratulate the Doc’ posting coming from scum.

theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:26 am

Post by theomoaner »

In post 734, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Honestly I’m to the point where I’m not taking anything for granted regarding these roles.

QFT.

Is there any conceivable reason that scum Shed would visit scum Shotty?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:57 am

In post 735, theomoaner wrote:Is there any conceivable reason that scum Shed would visit scum Shotty?

Yes. Scum with Doctor protection power (which doesn't make much sense given we don't have a claimed Vig), Scum Enabler, Tailor (reversing scan results). I could go on. Without detailed knowledge of what everyone's roles actual do (especially the scum) it's a crapshoot to play outguess the Mod.

I'll be frank ... we know that 2 scum and 1 third party already dead / gone we are in all likelyhood in a 8-1 scenario. Even if scum do manage to actually make kills every Night from this point forward we still most likely have three full Lynch / Kill cycles until 2-1 LYLO. Meaning that as long as people can gather a list of 4 reliable Town reads ( or reads that will be resolved due to Night action ) then the game should still be winnable for Town (barring 'Lulz, Bastard' wincon shenanigans and the like) even by just haphazardly running through those most likely to be scum via claims.

Questions I have
-

Why is Maestro still alive if he is a Town Doc? Yeah, just on WIFOM alone it's not enough for me to want to lynch him immediately today but we have enough players confirmed or quasi-confirmed as Town that it doesn't make sense to just skip killing him if he can stop their kills on said confirmed / quasi-confirmed.

Why would PMyst-Town be the scum's choice for kill? I mean a variable Inventor / Enabler (which I am more leaning towards him being if Town) hardly looks like the most dangerous possible Town role out there for scum. Hell ... LLD -Town means scum still can be screwed in LYLO if LLD beats them to the punch.

PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by PMysterious »

In post 729, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
PMyst wrote: @MagnaOfIllusion: Do you have anything at all? I should have given you something with my Phaser Upgrade.

No. The only message I got from Korlash was shown above. No “You now have this neat toy”. I’ve PMed him to double-check he didn’t miss something based on this post.

Are you kidding me? That's all you have? Did you have a Phaser before hand?
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

In post 587, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
My claim
– I am
Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One
. Flavor says I am adjusting to my existence as non-Borg and feel my fellow crew-mates are my new ‘collective’ who I will protect without hesitation.

I have a Passive ability called
Whispers of the Past
. Flavor for it says that one of my implants is still active and I can tap into the scum’s communication network to get some information on them (as long as I actually make my activity check that is).

N1 I got a result PM with the following flavor – I awoke from my regeneration cycle and found something amiss in my regenerators. There was a hidden subroutine that would have allowed another individual to take lethal damage at Night but remain alive. I disabled this routine and took some pride in knowing that I prevented them from being Bulletproof.

This sounds as if it could be actually made up.

Scum Doctor? Come on. We don't have a fucking Vigilante around here, do we?
My GTKAS!
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Apply Occam's razor. Scums thought I was Vig cuz I purposely reeked of being one.
Yates tracked Scum Roleblock. Why is that hard to get?

Speaking of Yates, an activity claim would be nice.

Why the H-E-double hockey sticks Maestro didn't protect Theom but chose PMyst, is still not getting into my head.
My GTKAS!
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Unless, Shin, you find a very plausible explanation as to why Shed would have visited me Night 1, I suggest you look in another direction.
Hmm, MoI's role is now sounding more plausible. I myself had some change in my ability over the night.
So did Shinori. His ability kinda changed.

Okay. I'm definitely looking at Maestro's direction. His role seems simplest and easiest to fake.
My GTKAS!
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by Shinori »

##Unvote:
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by PMysterious »

Um, is anyone concerned about what Hyperion's Win Condition was? I just thought I ask.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Who cares. That's for endgame chatter. Be on two scum lynch wagons perhaps? Doesn't matter really. I want to win this as Town.
My GTKAS!
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by PMysterious »

Unless you're scum.

Wait a minute. Why the f**k have we not killed him just yet. Let's do it!

VOTE: drmyshotgun
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Yeah, you're an irrational dumbass who is useless and distraction. Just like junglypuffs themselves.
Why do I even bother, but care to tell my just what Shed was doing visiting me at Night 1?
My GTKAS!
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Post by theomoaner »

Here is my thinking at the moment.

As Shotty points out, as a protection target PM makes little sense so I'm thinking it's possible Maestro roleblocked PM under the disguise of "protecting" him. This is why MOI didn't get his upgrade. He needed a plausible reason to visit PM in case he was tracked by Yates so the need for the protection story.
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

The setup is most probably 1:3:9 at this moment.
With 2 scums down consequtive days, and 1 3rd party leaving the Town, with only 1 NK, chances of Scum winning are astronomical.
This isn't even counting the credible claims, cop confirmations, VCA and more.
Maestro definitely needs to go imo.

Although I'll be just as happy to lynch Jigglypuff.
/inb4 Oh look, he's proposing PL on Day 3!!
Yeah right. We're winning this anyways with or without Jungluffs.
My GTKAS!
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:05 am

Post by Shinori »

Drmyshotgun you have flawed logic.

If it was 1:3:9 then why the fuck have both me and you had abilities that hinted at 4 different scum members?

Yeah. I'm still not liking drmyshotgun at the moment. But Idk.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:16 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 745, drmyshotgun wrote:Yeah, you're an irrational dumbass who is useless and distraction. Just like jigglypuffs themselves.
Why do I even bother, but care to tell my just what Shed was doing visiting me at Night 1?

You really don't like me when I am super f**king angry. And since I'm a claimed girl in this game, I have all of the right to b**ch-slap you like a Jigglypuff can. We ARE lynching you whether you like it or not.

Come on guys. We can afford a mis-lynch at this point. Let's use it on the more useless player.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”