Mini 1370: Possessed Pastors in a Paranoid Parish: Who Won?!

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:40 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 369, rapidcanyon wrote:
I am a fairly active player. If it seems as though Iceguy isn't going to get lynched, I can still switch my vote when the deadline comes or at least a few hours before deadline. My scumread on Iceguy is stronger mainly for how he reacted to the votes on him as well as poor justification for his initial vote on Seilkops. He has yet to show why having a disclaimer is necessarily scum, nor does he seem interested in proving it rather pushing the burden of proof on me to show why it isn't scummy.

Your reason for voting me is a big pile of fluff. I've explained why it's scummy, you haven't explained why it's not. You have also not shown that how I reacted to the votes on me is scummy in any way, you just claimed it with no justification.
seilkops
seilkops
Goon
seilkops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:13 am

Post by seilkops »

@IceGuy
Right after you vote Tierce earlier, I comment on our difference of style and you say

Gosh I want to vote you so bad right now.

Curious, what do you define as "solid reasoning"?

What is this supposed to be? A rhetorical question? You ask
me
a question, and I answer it. I can only assume that you are asking about play style, since my "solid reasoning" phrase is when I am talking about our play style differences.

You really, really deserve a wagon right now

What the hell. You're blatantly leaving a backup to save yourself if Tierce flips town. If she does flip town, I'm expecting something like "I
knew
I should have voted Seil" from you.

This is a very unprompted defense. I never accused your playstyle of being scummy. I accused myself of having an unconventional method of getting reads. Now Seil is indicating that I am accusing HIM of being scum for having a different style than me. When really I was saying that my style is different than pretty much everyone elses. Seil's is defending himself from nothing. Really dislike the over-defensiveness.

This is completely prompted! You asked me a freaking question, and I answered it! Don't get all pissy because you don't like the answer. I seriously don't understand where the hell you're coming from.

FOS: AP

Seil out of nowhere decides to talk about how he doesn't like gut reads, likes solid reads in response to me.

This didn't come out of nowhere. I'm responding to your talk of "gut reads". I'm not saying that gut reads are bad, I'm just saying I don't use them. I even note that it is a weakness of mine!

Post 323: I am curious as to what sparked 322, so I ask him what he considers good scum indicators (since I tend to find a lot of common ones are saturated with WIFOM)

It looks really good when you put it like that. Here, lets go to what you
really
said

Gosh I want to vote you so bad right now.

Curious, what do you define as "solid reasoning"?

I answer your question, in case you didn't notice.

@ seikops; if deadline hit, would you vote for Amrun? I don't see IceGuy's wagon picking up, not when we're 3 days away from the deadline.
Also, even if Hiraki likes to tunnel, it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'd like to see his opinion on Amrun tbh. Along with Tierce's, and Quilord's.

Hopefully, the IceGuy wagon will pick up. If it doesn't, and the Amrun wagon needs votes, I'll go ahead and vote him. I don't want a no-lynch, and nobody else is compromising.
I'd like to see Hiraki's opinions too, I don't know if we'll be getting it though.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 376, seilkops wrote:What is this supposed to be? A rhetorical question? You ask me a question, and I answer it. I can only assume that you are asking about play style, since my "solid reasoning" phrase is when I am talking about our play style differences.

Ya, I was going to debate with you lightly about how most common scumtells are riddles with WIFOM. I wasn't making a case on you.

AND NO IT WASN'T PROMPTED. YOU IMPLIED MY QUESTION WAS A CASE AGAINST YOU. IT WASN'T. THE FACT THAT YOU ASSUME IT WAS IS INCREDIBLY DEFENSIVE> ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU ARE THE ONE THAT STARTED THE WHOLE DISCUSSION IN THE FIRST PLACE BY RESPONDING TO MY POST ABOUT MYSELF.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by Amrun »

@DW: Yes - I think it was pretty fucking clear from context, but as I have said, I'm sure I could have phrased it better. What's your point? You did the thing you say I have done when I was actually quoting you. Are you saying what you did was scummy?

In post 357, rapidcanyon wrote:Amrun never seemed to be really scumhunting. She is simply voting for the biggest wagon at the time. I have yet to see an analysis from her as to who she thought was scum

Are you fucking serious? No one called this out before now? This is BLATANTLY, TOTALLY, 100% FALSE.

Even if you agree with a wagon, for whatever reason - why is NO ONE looking critically at the attacks being made? I mean, this is just complete bullshit, and at first, I was looking at people who didn't call it out, as I was inclined to think it was scummy, but since no one did, I'm not sure what to think. Just note this for after I flip, I guess - please look back at my wagon.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Book of Vote Counts, Chapter One, Verse Nine

Amrun (4): Eidolon, DeasWave, MagnaofIllusion, Empking
IceGuy (2): seilkops, rapidcanyon
seilkops (1): Amrun
rapidcanyon (1): Tierce
Eidolon (1): Hiraki
Empking (1): Quilford
AngryPidgeon (1): IceGuy
Tierce (1): AngryPidgeon
Not Voting (1): Maemuki

With 13 alive, it's 7 to excommunicate and 7 to have no excommunication.

The deadline is currently set for 7:00 am Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on Wednesday, September 5.

As MOI's #353 is, in fact, the same thing verbatim as seilkops' quote flagged by IceGuy, I am led to believe that was a quote-tag fail on the part of seilkops and have edited his #365 accordingly. I would not have deleted it regardless.

As ever, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
seilkops
seilkops
Goon
seilkops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Post by seilkops »

Thanks Mod, appreciate it!

Ya, I was going to debate with you lightly about how most common scumtells are riddles with WIFOM. I wasn't making a case on you.

I was wondering whether you were making a case or not after you say you really want to vote me. Figured you were making a case on me based on play style, and that pissed me off. My bad.

AND NO IT WASN'T PROMPTED. YOU IMPLIED MY QUESTION WAS A CASE AGAINST YOU. IT WASN'T. THE FACT THAT YOU ASSUME IT WAS IS INCREDIBLY DEFENSIVE> ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU ARE THE ONE THAT STARTED THE WHOLE DISCUSSION IN THE FIRST PLACE BY RESPONDING TO MY POST ABOUT MYSELF.

IT KINDA WAS PROMPTED. I SEE SOMETHING LIKE "I REALLY WANT TO VOTE YOU RIGHT NOW" AND I TEND TO THINK THAT MEANS YOU ARE MAKING A CASE ON ME. SO THE FACT I ASSUME YOU WERE MAKING A CASE IS NOT INCREDIBLY DEFENSIVE AS YOU DO NOT CLARIFY AT ALL THE REASON YOU WANT TO VOTE ME FOR. ALSO.
I'M ALLOWED TO COMMENT ON YOUR OPINION OF YOURSELF, NO?

We can still have the debate if you want. I'd like to keep up the exchange with you.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Post by Maemuki »

@ Amrun; don't be so damn defeatist. Besides it's kind of in
your
interest to point it out if it was false - the case is against you, after all.

In post 335, Maemuki wrote:@ Amrun;

In post 287, Amrun wrote:I don't actually - I have very distinct reasonings for each of my moves, even if I have decided not to be totally transparent this game.

Well why the hell not? Why in this game, specifically?

- but don't like her [Tierce] recent response about IceGuy.

That sounds so much like easy 'go-back-to-if-Tierce-is-liable-to-be-lynched' it kinda hurts.

^ I'd still like an opinion on the above. You're missing a lot of the case on you anyway, Amrun, and acting like you've already been lynched isn't helping the town in the least. If you're town,
prove it
DeasWave
DeasWave
Goon
DeasWave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:18 am

Post by DeasWave »

In post 380, seilkops wrote:We can still have the debate if you want. I'd like to keep up the exchange with you.

Why?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:57 am

Post by Tierce »

So I massively fail at this sleep thing. Skim skim skim skim. This is sarting to give me Mini 1333 flashbacks and it isn't pretty.

MoI--in this game, claims frankly mean little to me. With that said, though, bodyguard claims have a way of sorting themselves out quickly enough
unless your name is Empking and you're playing AFFC
, and there's no sign anyone will agree to a rapidcanyon lynch today, nor am I that interested in it after Maemuki replaced in.

Amrun's seilkops vote is terribad. I don't think she's scum, but it's such a ridiculous vote.

The hydra is probtown. I have to check Delta's scum meta in Team Mafia, though.

Quote stripes good grief I hate all of you. I am not reading those Today.

Empking--what games of mine have you read? I believe we've only played once together, so the "I ca't
(sic)
read
[Tierce]
generally" seems out of place.

AngryPidgeon--I'm female.
In post 354, AngryPidgeon wrote:Also, he is blatantly interpreting RC's derpness as a scumtell. Following quote is Tierce taking dumb things that RC says and passing them off as scummy inconsistencies. Its the worlds easiest case. Someone who was genuinely concerned about gettign the right person lynched is going to at least wonder if the person they are pushing was just being derp
This is blatantly false. Let me remind you of this:
In post 178, Tierce wrote:
In post 153, rapidcanyon wrote:Overall, the posts that struck out to me the most was Tierce. There were already 4 votes on me and he still thinks I "need more votes." Also, he doesn't put in any effort but just bandwagon's on MoI.
The above is not an honest post from someone who is allegedly experienced at playing mafia:
In post 172, Eidolon wrote:To MOI,

1. http://www.debate.org. We've played probably at least 15-20 games together over the past year.
2. it doesn't say he's scum, because he puts effort into being scum. he's too experienced at it to avoid a game because he's scum. It's null to me. He just seems disinterested.
3. Being stubborn is the reason why he keeps bringing up the rvs thing and focusing on that. He's one-tracked.
Putting rapidcanyon's posts in context to what Eidolon claims to know from him makes the situation highly dissonant. In this game, he is acting like he's much the newbie to mafia, and it seems contrived given Eidolon's information. And if rapidcanyon proves to be as inexperienced as he's acting like in this game, Eidolon's defense becomes highly suspect.

@Eidolon or rapidcanyon
-- Please link me to actual games in debate.org you were both part of, if they are available.
With that said, looking atthings in context and skimming the linked games, I'd say they are just not that experienced and have a different view of their skill level compared to MS. (This is not intended to bash the debate.org mafia games, it's just that they don't seem as intense as ours.) Eidolon thinks rapidcanyon is experienced, rapidcanyon thinks Eidolon can be 'vey smart scum', but by our standards, they act pretty newbish. That explains the apparent inconsistencies that I brought up in 178, which is
why I asked them for game links
--moreso than to get a feel for their meta reads, it was to get a feel for their
experience level
(fake edit: I don't like how rapidcanyon is now calling himself a noob, though).

I'm one of the first to say stupid != scum, though I do tend to get lost in tunneling on stupid play. Accusing me of not trying to figure out rapidcanyon's alignment is a wild misrep, though.

In post 354, AngryPidgeon wrote:In no way should that RVS vote itself be a scumtell. Contributing to wagons is content, like it or not. Tierce is pushing a BS point about the RVS vote because a lot of people have found it scummy already. No one ever bothered to call Tierce out on essentially saying here that an RVS vote is scummy.
I wasn't calling out the RVS vote to begin with, I was calling out the disclaimer that he saw people out of RVS and didn't bother to contribute himself.

In post 354, AngryPidgeon wrote: MoI asks about RC's Tierce vote. RC says that he felt the wagon must have one scum on it and Tierce is likely scum for not explaining the vote. Then we get this gem:
In post 263, Tierce wrote:3. You have not answered the question as to why you think lack of explanation in votes is scummy. Why is a lack of announced reasons scummier than what you're calling 'very minor reasons blown out of proportion'? This reads as scum caught for the wrong reasons--and
I don't have to make a case for you to defend yourself if I think you're scum.
Ok Tierce. So if I suddenly switched my vote to MoI and parked it there without ANY EXPLANATION, that wouldn't be odd to you? You wouldn't find that in the slightest bit scummy? Also, RC said he was doing this out of PoE mainly. Tierce is totally ignoring that and focusing on things that are more construable as scummy.
PoE on D1 is pretty much nonsense--and this is coming from someone who is a better townhunter than scumhunter. Chain yourself to your process of elimination and it's a game loss. More to the point--I was not calling rapidcanyon scum over that section, I was making questions. The section you emphasized is game theory--I don't have to discuss with my scumreads if I'm convinced they are scum; cases are not intended to allow people to defend themselves, they are intended to convince others and get your scumreads lynched. I don't have any obligation to make a case for rapidcanyon to defend himself from. Yes, he can find it odd, but my question was
why is a vote without an explained reason scummy

In addition, the way you've taken my quotes out of context is pretty awful, as the whole set shows I'm trying to figure out rapidcanyon's playstyle to see if this whole thing makes sense. But anyway, rapidcanyon can wait until later Days and I'm done worrying about rapidcanyon. I still want his read on IceGuy, because there was a point to that one (fake edit: if it's somewhere in those inane quote stripe walls, I'll get to it later).

Still haven't read IceGuy's games nor, frankly, anyone's I haven't played with before other than hardcore skimming of the debate.org games. From the hread alone, IceGuy is making the same kind of pointless arguing that got him lynched on Warlocks and Werewolves as town, and I know he is a fairly abrasive player, but I don't really know if that's indicative of alignment, so I have to check. Again, probably not Today because there's something far better to be looking at.

Maemuki is scum. amounts to no definitive reads on anyone but a townread on rapidcanyon. She criticizes a lot of people, but there is a marked lack of taking a stance. She's not voting, either, which isn't doing anything to fix her 'meh' reaction to several players or the "I don't like X" reads in any Town/Scum axis. And then we have this gem:
In post 381, Maemuki wrote:If you're town
[Amrun]
prove it
How on Earth do you expect ANYONE to prove that they are Town? This is a pile of empty posturing meant to rile up someone who is frustrated with the wagon on them. You're not even trying to figure out Amrun's alignment.

UNVOTE: rapidcanyon (who is obvtown if Maemuki flips scum)
VOTE: Maemuki

MoI, DW, seilkops and rapidcanyon should get over here. We can get this lynch going in 48h.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 am

Post by Tierce »

I have to read the case on Amrun, I suppose. But we really should be lynching Maemuki instead.
DeasWave
DeasWave
Goon
DeasWave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:18 am

Post by DeasWave »

As far as I know, Delta's not particularly fussed over the Maemuki slot, but I was slightly leaning town on Zyrc and while I don't like 335 much either, I don't have a scumread at the moment.

I am pretty sure I can say that we prefer the Amrun wagon anyway.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:22 am

Post by Maemuki »

In post 383, Tierce wrote:Maemuki is scum. amounts to no definitive reads on anyone but a townread on rapidcanyon. She criticizes a lot of people, but there is a marked lack of taking a stance. She's not voting, either, which isn't doing anything to fix her 'meh' reaction to several players or the "I don't like X" reads in any Town/Scum axis. And then we have this gem:
In post 381, Maemuki wrote:If you're town
[Amrun]
prove it
How on Earth do you expect ANYONE to prove that they are Town? This is a pile of empty posturing meant to rile up someone who is frustrated with the wagon on them. You're not even trying to figure out Amrun's alignment.

UNVOTE: rapidcanyon (who is obvtown if Maemuki flips scum)
VOTE: Maemuki

MoI, DW, seilkops and rapidcanyon should get over here. We can get this lynch going in 48h.

I'm waiting for Amrun's reaction to my points, which, by the way, she failed to deliver. I'm not voting somebody if I'm depending on their answers. Hiraki, the only other person I'm not fond of, hasn't posted since I replaced in, I already said that rapidcanyon is pretty town in my books (which....I still don't know how he's obvtown if I flip scum and I'd like to see your justification on that one).

And I expect Amrun to prove she's town by the good ol' 'justify actions, prove somebody else is scummier, ????, PROFIT' method. That argument is just what. But whatever floats your boat. Frustration is a null-tell in my books, by the way.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:26 am

Post by Empking »

In post 383, Tierce wrote:Empking--what games of mine have you read? I believe we've only played once together, so the "I ca't (sic) read [Tierce] generally" seems out of place.

I've actually read all the Large Themes you've been in (that have finished) but to be completely honest I thought we'd been in more games together. I think it might be rthat your name is mentioned in games you're not in, weird though, do you get compared to Feysal a lot? As I think I might have confused you two for some reason.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:38 am

Post by Tierce »

How about the very, very obvious buddying to rapidcanyon, Deas?
Why did you have a townread on Zyrconium?

Maemuki, did you seriously just wonder how your strongest townread, who you've been so very gentle with to garner a townread from him in return, is obvtown if you flip scum? It's textbook buddying, which you called out as scummy behavior. Why are you questioning my townread on someone you're calling town, anyway? And based on something that should be an impossibility for you (i.e. you flipping scum)?

Empking: I forgot you were in Chrono Trigger, actually
I'm trying to block that game from memory
. And... no, not to Feysal, not that I know of. We're both analytic players, but we have quite different styles.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:44 am

Post by Maemuki »

@ Tierce, I want to see your point of view, obv obv. I know why I think rapid is town, I don't know if you have the same reasons as me. And, because, frankly, I don't think I've had so much interaction with him (or anybody else to be honest) to call it buddying, I just have a town read on him. I'm questioning your townread because it depends strongly on me flipping scum, and I simply want to know why? Just buddying? Or something else?
DeasWave
DeasWave
Goon
DeasWave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:25 am

Post by DeasWave »

In post 378, Amrun wrote:@DW: Yes - I think it was pretty fucking clear from context, but as I have said, I'm sure I could have phrased it better. What's your point? You did the thing you say I have done when I was actually quoting you. Are you saying what you did was scummy?

So I misinterpreted your post, don't fly off the deep end about it.

In post 385, DeasWave wrote:As far as I know, Delta's not particularly fussed over the Maemuki slot, but I was slightly leaning town on Zyrc and while I don't like 335 much either, I don't have a scumread at the moment.

I am pretty sure I can say that we prefer the Amrun wagon anyway.

I'll look over Maemuki and share some thoughts.

~ DW
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:42 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 389, Maemuki wrote:@ Tierce, I want to see your point of view, obv obv. I know why I think rapid is town, I don't know if you have the same reasons as me. And, because, frankly, I don't think I've had so much interaction with him (or anybody else to be honest) to call it buddying, I just have a town read on him. I'm questioning your townread because it depends strongly on me flipping scum, and I simply want to know why? Just buddying? Or something else?
He claimed bodyguard and is not going to be lynched today. As I've said, that's enough out of that slot for me for now, and with any luck he eats a nightkill for MoI or myself before I have to worry further about it. I'm giving him the Vi treatment--see if it dies, come back to it later if it doesn't.

Your interaction is not scum-scum, and I have a scumread on you. That makes rapidcanyon town pending a scumflip from you.

In post 340, Maemuki wrote:I'm not really certain, I never am, rapidcanyon, but so far you simply seem like the most town out of everyone. It's kind of a gut read. Although I do have some questions that you didn't address and that I had mentioned previously:
Also, from what I get from your analysis, why you think that people who have solid reasoning are more likely to be town? Why do you mention that Eidolon was the only one to defend you? Does that make her more townish to you?
(If you did answer those and I was simply too blind to see them, I'm sorry in advance!)

P-Edit: I don't think so, but things might've changed since the last time I played.
In post 342, Maemuki wrote:1) You said that right - on average. After all, townies still do scummy things (otherwise the game simply wouldn't work). Really, in my view, in most games, scum simply need to push the mislynches while trying to keep their buddies alive. Any reasoning might seem solid on the surface. But if we follow that we'll just end up discussing theory.

2) Buddying is a common scum tactic. My question now is, how can you be sure it was genuine, and not simply a scum tactic? I mean, sure you have meta (/shudders) and all, but it still seems strange how you're so sure. Besides, even if she is town, if she tried to derail your lynch, odds are that she'd get lynched for buddying, so. (Besides, the last part is a pretty common (and surprisingly effective) scum-tactic.) My problem with meta is that, in my experience, some people play deliberately against their meta, that's why I don't really like to have it as basis of any reasoning.
This is really blatant buddying and WIFOMing, down to the lampshade you're hanging on that last paragraph in 341.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:50 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 391, Tierce wrote:He claimed bodyguard and is not going to be lynched today. As I've said, that's enough out of that slot for me for now

Tierce needs to die. She is the most likely to flip scum out of everyone here.

I did not "misrep" her. Shes shunning me off and trying to ignore me. Also the above quote is hilarious. Why did she continue to push him after the claim and the wagon busted then?

PLEASE TO BE VOTING TIERCE NOW. SHES SCUM
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 am

Post by Tierce »

What on earth are you talking about? How am I trying to ignore you?

I continued to push rapidcanyon because my scumread did not simply go away. The claim or the collapsing wagon don't mean I'll suddenly go "oh, he's town", and suggesting I should do so is nonsensical. Are you saying it would have been a better use of my time resources if I had looked at other players immediately? Perhaps, but I don't really care if about other people's reads if those reads amount to "he claimed, let's wagon someone else". Neither the claim nor the collapsing wagon addressed my concerns.
However
, MoI has a point in that lynching a claimed bodyguard D1 can be pointless--it's the type of claim that has a tendency to solve itself. And I have a read that excludes him from a potential scumteam. These factors mean I'm no longer interested in rapidcanyon today.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:06 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 392, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 391, Tierce wrote:He claimed bodyguard and is not going to be lynched today. As I've said, that's enough out of that slot for me for now

I did not "misrep" her. Shes shunning me off and trying to ignore me. Also the above quote is hilarious. Why did she continue to push him after the claim and the wagon busted then?

Are you people sure you don't want to follow me on AngryPidgeon?
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

I am conflicted on how to balance my biggest scumread with the more practical one. I did find Maemuki's posts odd. She came in announcing that I was town. When I asked her how she knew it to be the case, she immediately backed off of her town read and started questioning me. I wonder: shouldn't the questions come before a read? Why give a read first and ask questions later? It seemed to me like she realized I knew she was buddying me and immediately changes her stance. She had no reason to believe I was town in the first place. When I answered the questions, she agreed with those. I don't get why you would question people who you apparently have "town reads" on as opposed to questioning first and deducing your read based on the responses to your questions.

The only thing keeping me from voting Maemuki is Tierce. Her push on me and the accompanying name-calling (VI) is quite frankly irritating and stupid. I don't know if I agree with Angry's case completely though - maybe Tierce is scum. Maybe Tierce is bussing Maemuki knowing that a maemuki lynch is unlikely and to get town-cred in case Amrun is llynched and flips town. Maybe Tierce is Amrun's partner and is looking to avoid attention. I find this unlikely though since Tierce is supposedly really good as scum.

@ Angry, what is your opinion on Tierce's case against Maemuki?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 383, Tierce wrote:Maemuki is scum. Post 335 amounts to no definitive reads on anyone but a townread on rapidcanyon.

Gross oversimplification of Maemuki's 335. Accuses Maemuki of not taking stances. Not really true. Maemuki made her opinions known just fine. And why the hell should she be obligated to give us super hard opinions of multiple players in a single post?

Accuses her of not voting. I can't dispute that fact, but I think its a meh scum-tell. Too much WIFOM involved for it to be reliable.

Then Maemuki said: "If you're town [Amrun], prove it." and tierce responds with
In post 383, Tierce wrote:How on Earth do you expect ANYONE to prove that they are Town? This is a pile of empty posturing meant to rile up someone who is frustrated with the wagon on them. You're not even trying to figure out Amrun's alignment.

I disagree. I find the Maemuki quote to be ridiculous obviously, but not indicative of scum in any way.I don't see motivation for either alignment to post what Maemuki did. So its null. Tierce is just construing it as scummy.

Thats pretty much it. Tierce is scum or your money back. And if he flips scum then Maemuki is cleared.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:12 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 394, IceGuy wrote:
In post 392, AngryPidgeon wrote:

Are you people sure you don't want to follow me on AngryPidgeon?

Subtle defending/buddying of Tierce noted.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:12 am

Post by Tierce »

Note: I didn't call you a VI. I said the Vi treatment. Lowercase i. Vi is a player who I have huge trouble reading, but who has the lovely advantage of tending to die N1 (pretty much regardless of alignment). I don't randomly insult people; I think you're inexperienced by our standards, but there's no problem with that. All I'm saying is that your claim may spare me the trouble of having to read you more thoroughly, and at this stage I'm all for that.

I'd like to know where you got the impression I'm good as scum, though, since I'm a rather weak scum player.

In addition to the order making no sense, those questions are just out of place--why is Maemuki questioning
you
more than she is questioning people she has uncertain reads on? Why the waste of time on a slot she's so convinced is town, and then going "well, player X has not posted since I made my post, so it's not my fault I don't have a better read on him"? She spends more time on you, who are a townread (I agree with IceGuy's notion of 'safe townreads'--after your wagon collapsed, Maemuki calls you town at will (on 'gut'); you're apparently not getting lynched today and it's not an avenue worth pursuing for scum), than on actually trying to figure out who is scum, and pins the blame on not having better reads on others' lack of posting, while showing little effort to actually get better reads from the stuff that
has
already been posted.

Let's see:
- Why doesn't she like Hiraki, anyway? She says it's Hiraki's fault that she doesn't have a better read on him, since he has been inactive (btw, it's Labor Day weekend on the US, so I understand the inactivity from the American players). That makes no sense, there are plenty of posts from him she could be drawing info from.
- Empking and no content? Like that's new. Why the chiding with no attempt to draw actual content from him?
- MoI? She doesn't like him for a 'rushed vote' on Quilford.
- She says Amrun is buddying/bussing and--what? What is she actually saying here, other than a theory dumpload of what she thinks is buddying behavior? Who is Amrun buddying, and how? What case is there on Amrun, Maemuki?
- Everyone else is 'meh'. Shows no signs of trying to figure people out.

Her reaction to my dismissal of her catch-up post was "well what can I do", which is unsatisfying following that lackluster analysis.

PEdit: There's your thorough dissection of Maemuki's 335. We don't need super mega hyper developed reads on everyone in one post, but I can certainly expect something that has reads more developed than a gut townread on a player who is unlikely to get lynched and several bleak reads on a few others with little explanation.

I see plenty of motivation in saying stuff like "prove you're Town" as scum--you're leaving town in a position of helplessness, because there is little you can do that you're not already doing. It's the kind of pseudo-motivational push that leaves Maemuki in some kind of moral high ground but does nothing in concrete to figure Amrun out. Why doesn't she state what she actually wants from Amrun instead of making that ridiculous-sounding demand?
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:19 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 397, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Subtle defending/buddying of Tierce noted.

More like, "Not-so-subtle attacking of main scumread AngryPidgeon for once again posting something that's very unlikely to come from town noted."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”