Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Blech.

unvote

I agree with Tyene, I guess, that his attitude fits someone who knew they wouldn't be lynched, but it still doesn't make too much sense to me. I've seen Shadow in GvE have a town PR, one of the few, and engage in the game without antagonizing everyone in the game and behaving in a way that would get him likely to be lynched and night killed. Regardless, just like the masons, this will be resolved in time.

I'm more confident in DCL flipping town though and am at a bit of a loss of what to do about that. The next closest choose wagon is Feysal, and I don't like that wagon either. I don't have a read on Feysal right now, which is frustrating. In GvE, he was my second strongest town read behind MoI day one, and my strongest town read the rest of the game after MoI died night one. However, I got that strong town read due to his theory of how to approach the game at the beginning and his helping me get over a bit of confirmation bias of another townie day one, and I attribute his honesty with me as one of the major reasons why I stopped pushing for the lynch of someone I had gotten into a townvtown argument with. I don't have that type of interaction right now to help reinforce my read though his behavior is similar. I guess one thing that has thrown me off is his giving MoI a town read so quick. He just seemed so legitimately paranoid of him as a player that I wouldn't expect that. In GvE, he kept his vote on MoI for all of day one despite MoI being pretty obvious town in that game, because of his paranoia. However, this is not near enough for me to give a choose vote for Feysal for. The first day of GvE was nearly 6 months ago though, so it's perfectly reasonable that he doesn't have the same paranoia. Also, his continued push on Starbuck even though others are not suspicious is in keeping with how he treated his MoI suspicions in GvE.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

The Age of Heroes, an era during the history of Westeros which takes its name from the great men and women who lived in the years of peace that followed the forging of the Pact, to which many noble houses trace their family histories and many stories, Songs, and legends are told about.

Day 1, Votecount 47

Saporerint (5) - Mastermind of Sin, Shadow1psc, BBmolla, Shinori, Albert B. Rampage
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
Shadow1psc (8) - Benmage, kortul, Saporerint, Mockingjaye, Plums Yo Mamma, Staeg, bvoigt, StefanB

bvoigt (7) - greenknight, SnowStorm, Pandora, Seraphim, Plessiezarus, Dolorous Edd, MagnaofIllusion
StefanB (1) - Regfan
Regfan (1) - DCLXVI

Not Voting (5):
Jal, Feysal, Minimum, Tyene Sand, Lyanna Stark

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 5th September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-05 18:59:59)
  • Starbuck/Benmage/MOI/Lyanna Stark/Mastermind of Sin are all V/la.

CHOOSE TO DREAM OF SPRING
Feysal (8) - Bvoigt, greenknight, Shinori, DCLXVI, Benmage, Albert B. Rampage, Saporerint, Mastermind of Sin
Minimum (2) - Mockingjaye, MagnaofIllusion
Starbuck (1) - Starbuck
greenknight (1) - Seraphim
kortul (1) - Shdow1psc
DLCXVI (12) - Tyene Sand, Plessiezarus, Regfan, Pandora, Feysal, Lyanna Stark, Kortul, Plums Yo Mamma, Staeg, Dolorous Edd, StefanB, SnowStorm

Not Choosing (3):
Jal, Minimum, BBmolla

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'. Once a choose has 15 votes it will be locked in but not end day.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1349, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Die in a fire. You seriously need to either actually read the game or shut the fuck up.

I made my case and pushed hard on Miniscum early on. I'm not going to waste my time railing for a lynch when we have a combination of stupid, lazy, and self-interested working against it.

Here's my question - who have you pushed in a non-artificial way? I've seen tons of "Oh, player Z is Town" crap out of you but absolutely no actual credible pushes on anyone.

Yea. This is the problem.

You made a case. No one really listened. But it seems like you kept there while everyone moved ahead.

You didn't really try to make anyone listen anymore, nor did you move on yourself.

It's like "Let me camp here and look like I still believe in what I'm doing".

"Oh, and to make it look like I'm trying, let me pop in here once in a while and say that people should be voting Mini."
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:39 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 1322, Starbuck wrote:

I asked for someone to fill me in on what was going on a few days ago and when I checked back while waiting in line for a panel, I saw nothing but a snarky response. Some kind of idea of what is going on (especially at 53 pages) to tell me what is going on would be very much appreciated. I do not want us to end this day in a no lynch/no choose situation because that gets us no where/gets us no information.

I still do believe that I would make a good choose candidate being that I am a VT. I also think that could solve my whole catch up issue. In any case, I'm going to stay in and I know that within the next week, I can get that catch up that I promised.

That was me. I get that you're busy, but your question was a bit annoying. You didn't ask for someone to fill you in on what was happening, you wanted the wagons summed up for you, and the answer I gave you - to iso - was the most correct answer to give. It's something you need to look into yourself. What I found odd was that you just put that question to the crowd, though if I remember correctly you've given exactly one town read - Tyene Sand. The question wouldn't have seemed so odd if you'd posed it to the one person here that you trust, but you asked it to the group. So, you didn't care who gave you their biased opinion of the wagons? You just wanted someone to tell you what they thought? Struck me as off.
Winter is Coming

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by Regfan »

DCL is right in that he didn't bring up meta initally, I did by asking for links to past replace games but I don't see how his catch up post here is similar to either.

Edd, MoI's pushing on Minimum is super understandable, they're actually one of my strongerish scum reads right now and I'm not trying to convince others to lynch them either but am repeating my scum read on them, there simply isn't anywhere near enough traction to get that moving again today unfortunatly, the case is the same with me wanting Nacho lynched, it's a growing in strength scum read but only 2-3 people have him as scum, everyone else have him as town.

In post 1341, Tyene Sand wrote:In the meantime, I really have no idea what to do with this vote.

Join me on Stefan, we can still flash wagon this, really go ISO him and you'll see what I'm talking about. Plus a bunch of people have him as null/scum so he is viable if someone else helps me push this through. (Lyanna, you should join me as well, this is super possible).
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Minimum »

I'm not going to waste my time railing for a lynch when we have a combination of stupid, lazy, and self-interested working against it.

*twitch*

*twitch* *twitch* *twitch*

*locks away chainsaw*

*forces Stepford smile onto face*

(I probably shouldn't have bothered to post this when it's not particularly relevant to the thread, but I'm starting to get annoyed by certain people being dead certain in a read that is dead wrong and being painfully smug about it--and no, this isn't directed only at MoI. That said, I don't agree with Edd's characterization of MoI's push on us.)
Saporerint
Saporerint
Townie
Saporerint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Saporerint »

unvote
Saporerint
Saporerint
Townie
Saporerint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by Saporerint »

I'm still happy with a Shadow lynch. MoI's "dead man" point doesn't work because we already have outed Masons. I think we should stick with Shadow rather than have someone else claim with less than 2 days to deadline.

Feysal's SS wagon position and greenknight iso make me more comfortable with him as the Choose.

- Iec

EDIT: lolwat.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

*groan* 15 votes in 45h, Regfan? I guess we can reach that, but this is such a sad lynch, I don't even have a decent read on him one way or another. And with how late it is at the moment, I'm not about to start now.

Baaa, I guess. Guide us true.
VOTE: StefanB
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 1357, Saporerint wrote:

Feysal's SS wagon position and greenknight iso make me more comfortable with him as the Choose.

Why?
Winter is Coming

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Prodding Shinori!
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Hey Starbuck--sheep someone. At this stage, you're not going to get anything more advanced than that. Skim the thread, pick a townread, follow them. I don't even suggest myself even though you seem to have a townread on me, because I'm in the opposite position--enough people have coughed up town behavior that I'm at a loss and likely to scrap everything and start anew during night.

And yes, MoI, I'm pretty confident that with Masons, a claimed PR, several other obvtown who are actually pulling their weight--I'm an unlikely N1 target. Even if I am to die overnight, I'd still do my reread before D2, because I'm tired of wasting time in larger games not reading during Night.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 1358, Tyene Sand wrote:*groan* 15 votes in 45h, Regfan? I guess we can reach that, but this is such a sad lynch, I don't even have a decent read on him one way or another. And with how late it is at the moment, I'm not about to start now.

I'll give you a recap of his posts then, he's been just about all over the leading wagons today, was on ED initially when people had scummish reads on him, he joined the Feysal choose wagon, joined the Minimum lynch wagon, the shadow lynch and choose wagons, the bvoigt wagon and the DCL choose wagon.

His posts don't show all that much scumhunting at all, he's really just *there* but not doing much other than asking fluffish questions and joining large wagons.
Saporerint
Saporerint
Townie
Saporerint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Saporerint »

Sapo disagrees with me, apparently. <_<

If this is happening, after all, I'll help.

@ Lyanna -- "SS wagon position" refers to the large number of town players on the SS wagon; his non-obvtown wagonmates are only Jal and scumShinori. Doing an iso on your alternawagon (i.e., Feysal -> greenknight) and then voting him is poor town play, or just scummy play, and Feysal is a good player. Refer to notepost 3 or 4 for details.
Saporerint
Saporerint
Townie
Saporerint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by Saporerint »

EBWOP: - Iec
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

UNVOTE:

In post 1358, Tyene Sand wrote:but this is such a sad lynch, I don't even have a decent read on him one way or another.

QFT.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by Minimum »

So Iece, is your position that he's lying about his claim, or that he's a scum torturer?

Wait, uh, Tyene, weren't you the one defending Stefan to the hilt before?

I didn't like Feysal's ISO on greenknight either, FWIW. DC's "You're scummy because you didn't pick up on this obscure tell from both of my games" argument is silly and ridiculously self-absorbed, but in a town way.

We probably would have been better off just quicklynching the first person to claim VT and then waiting for all my town reads to crosskill each other. It's going to be the fifth straight scum win in a row. Yay!

And why the fuck am I even posting in this game?
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Regfan:
Heh, the vote hopping doesn't really say much to me, not n D1, not without any flips yet and when so many of us have been doing giants leaps across the board as well.
You're right in the actual scumhunting bit, but I don't know just how much is his typical MO, how much is scummy attitude, and how much is the fact that this game is 55 pages and 28p in D1. We're all tired at this stage, and we're all better at English than he is. It can be a struggle to go through that many words and still be useful.

That said, as before, hell, I'm fine with purging the thread and getting this playerlist down to manageable levels, so yeah, I can go with that vote to the gallows.

Mina:
See above. I think StefanB has a few townish things, but I'm past caring, I want a lynch, I want a round of night play, and I'm not seeing anything that is particularly making me defend him unlike
all the other failed wagons so far
. You'd laugh at my ridiculous lack of scumreads; at this stage, I'm lynching among nullish reads because
there's nothing lower
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by Benmage »

Well fuckina
Unvote vote Plum

Scum. Nacho lurks as Scum. Plum made case... coasted. Lets do this.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Saporerint
Saporerint
Townie
Saporerint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Saporerint »

In post 1366, Minimum wrote:So Iece, is your position that he's lying about his claim, or that he's a scum torturer?

I don't doubt that scum roleblock + rolecop is feasible, if that's what you mean.

- Iec
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1353, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 1322, Starbuck wrote:

I asked for someone to fill me in on what was going on a few days ago and when I checked back while waiting in line for a panel, I saw nothing but a snarky response. Some kind of idea of what is going on (especially at 53 pages) to tell me what is going on would be very much appreciated. I do not want us to end this day in a no lynch/no choose situation because that gets us no where/gets us no information.

I still do believe that I would make a good choose candidate being that I am a VT. I also think that could solve my whole catch up issue. In any case, I'm going to stay in and I know that within the next week, I can get that catch up that I promised.

That was me. I get that you're busy, but your question was a bit annoying. You didn't ask for someone to fill you in on what was happening, you wanted the wagons summed up for you, and the answer I gave you - to iso - was the most correct answer to give. It's something you need to look into yourself. What I found odd was that you just put that question to the crowd, though if I remember correctly you've given exactly one town read - Tyene Sand. The question wouldn't have seemed so odd if you'd posed it to the one person here that you trust, but you asked it to the group. So, you didn't care who gave you their biased opinion of the wagons? You just wanted someone to tell you what they thought? Struck me as off.

I was just curious of a quick "this is what's going on, so-in-so made this case on so-in-so". I will be more active once I get home from D*C, but it hasn't helped that the game has basically doubled in pages over the weekend.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

Minimum wrote:(By the way, PlumNacho's hop onto Shadow bugged the shit out of me. They made a huge case on bvoigt that singlehandedly started the wagon, don't ever back down from it...but then when Shadow's wagon gains momentum mostly as a counterwagon to bvoigt...without even mentioning bvoigt, they make another big case on Shadow, and hop over? This was when bvoigt hadn't said a single word in his defence. They don't even seem to have a moment of town "Hmm, should I switch wagons? Both of these are good," self-reflection. Just another giant case to persuade people onto Shadow.)

It was a reread that showed a wagon gaining on Shadow (strong scumread), and seriously stagnating on bvoigt (strong scumread). Considering we had all of about three days left, I didn't think it was a good idea to complain about which of my scumreads was getting wagonned harder. What do you think that my motivation for switching onto the Shadow wagon was as scum? Do you think I was bussing my partner and then suddenly decided "nope, not a good idea"?

Benmage wrote:Don't care much for Shadows claim.

Lynching ScumPlum is still an option.

I'm a little curious how I jumped up in your scumreads so much, especially since you still aren't willing to actually back it up for shit.

In post 1368, Benmage wrote:Well fuckina
Unvote vote Plum

Scum. Nacho lurks as Scum. Plum made case... coasted. Lets do this.

I lurk as scum and town. I lurk more often as scum, but I lurk as scum and as town. I am active as scum and town.
This game is a special case thanks to hydras galore and no strong wagons being built, so I was slow to get into it. Not lurking now, am I?
Plum never coasted on shit, so I don't even know where that bit is coming from.

Unvote, Vote: bvoigt
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

One day, 20 hours.
No time for a new wagon when we have had this much trouble pushing one past 8.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bvoigt

I'm not posting for the rest of the day (game-time) for the benefit of my health.

(Also, on a different note, Alek /outted from the hydra, so it’s only me in DEdd right now, unless I find another poor soul to torture, and Faraday is cool with it.)

DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

@mod BBmolla unchoosed.

Here is what I have for now, I'm not making any promises to finishing tonight but may have time tomorrow afternoon.

I don't have time for reads on everyone, but heres is what I think of my wagon.

Tierce
Tyene Sand
: I think she has some sort of vendetta against me, which initially made me suspect her and I had her as null-scum at the start, but after thinking about it I think scumtierce would act more rationally and she is playing very similarly to otherworld mafia where she was town.
Null-Town

Plessiezarus
:
Null-leaning scum.
Their attempt to over-justify the vote on me seems scummy.

Regfan
:
Scum
, already explained why his vote was bad.

Pandore
:

This attempt to distance himself from the wagon is scummy.
In post 1304, Pandora wrote:I'm really.. surprised the DCL wagon grew so fast. I'm just going to bury my head in the saand and hope that it's not as bad as Shadow1wagon is to me..

However, this is not. Shows he is a townsperson who is trying to keep an open mind about my lynch..
In post 1338, Pandora wrote:People who have experience with DCL from just ended games like Otherworld, does he seem like the kind of townie that would jump up as if enlightened that Regfan (someone who is not getting lynched today) is scum because he 'wouldn't have voted him if he'd read his meta'?

Null-leaning town
then for this slot.

Feysal
: I find it interesting that I am listed as null-leaning scum, and starbuck is listed as scum but Feysal puts his choose on me.
still scum.

Lyanna Stark

In post 1350, Lyanna Stark wrote:I'm more confident in DCL flipping town though and am at a bit of a loss of what to do about that.

Attempts to distance herself from my wagon without attempting to slow it down by unvoting me. Seems like a scummy attempt to get a mislynch without having it attributed to you.
scum.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”