Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

So..Many..Walls...
Just tell me what to do when you guys have made a decision and I'll be all set.
Or stop walling, either one works :P
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 150, Om of the Nom wrote:So..Many..Walls...
Just tell me what to do when you guys have made a decision and I'll be all set.
Or stop walling, either one works :P

Top lynch.

Next two.
Add one if scum.

Go.

@DJD - While I do have that special little something that gets ponies to follow me, im not sure you quite are able to fault me on others unwillingness to put up reads. Instead I have to get very explicit about wanting them. If they wont im totally fine just leading the way when really again, as long as I get the "I am town" across, we should have that win if I have one correct scum read in my top three.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Mala
Uct
DJD
Idk
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:26 am

Post by DoubleJD »

Thats interesting. Why UCT and why me om?
You got me!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 am

Post by DoubleJD »

@RBD: im still developing my reads. IF you were scum, your partner is not UCT, me, or mala. I'd bet matt though because of the preemptive defense stuff. But...i havent decided what i think of you yet.
You got me!
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:21 am

Post by Shiidaji »

{Day 1}

Vote Count
  • uctriton00 (1):
    Malakittens
  • DoubleJD (1):
    Maxous
  • Malakittens (1):
    Om of the Nom
  • Not voting (4):
    uctriton00, Rainbowdash, Mattilou, DoubleJD

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.

- uctriton00 is V/LA until September the 3rd
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:50 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Everypony needs to give the following in their next post

1) Any objections to my plan
2) Who their prefered lynch is
3) Who are the two that should shoot eachother
4) Who the third that gets brought into the loop if the lynch is scum is

There is no "I dont know" option as a response. This is a right here and now thing.
You don't earn
loyalty
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:57 am

Post by Malakittens »

1. None
2. Uct
3. RD shoots Matti? Matti shoots DJ?
4. I think if Uct is scum the team is probably DJ or Matti? Possible OotN. So, I'd say bring in OotN to shoot someone.

I still think Max is town, RD is town and I'm still leaning on a town OotN. Everyone else.. Fair Game..

I might just be bad at helping to gamebreak ):
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 157, Malakittens wrote:3. RD shoots Matti? Matti shoots DJ?

Its to make it simpler...

We lynch A
If A is town
-B shoots C, C shoots B
-D, E, F, G commute
If A is scum
-B shoots C, C shoots D, D shoots B
-E, F, G commute

So I shoot Matt, Matt shoots DJD doesnt work by merits of if DJD is scum and Matt is town, DJD shoots me. That doesnt make sense because if Matt is town and lynchable we at least force DJD to kill a lynchable instead of town.

Given the above plan, everypony needs to say who their A, B, C, D is.
You don't earn
loyalty
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 153, DoubleJD wrote:Thats interesting. Why UCT and why me om?

Earlier in the game I said my scumreads were absta-Mala-Uct-Sala in that order. Nothing has changed since then except my absta read, so I'm curious why you're surprised.
I can give reasons soon though. Let me respond to things first.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 156, Rainbowdash wrote:1) Any objections to my plan
2) Who their prefered lynch is
3) Who are the two that should shoot eachother
4) Who the third that gets brought into the loop if the lynch is scum is

No.
Mala.
Uct/Sala.
Matti (been getting slightly bad vibes from his posts, I'm thinking maybe I was a bit too quick to call him town).

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Though I'm fine with lynching Uct too, they're almost completely interchangeable on that list.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Okay, I'm doing some ISO's and I started out with Matti's. I didn't actually bother with the whole ISO, as just around the 7th post in there she became a scumread.

Mattilou -
Don't like the waffliness in ISO #0. The first sentence is also kinda odd. Not enough to call her scum though.
I don't particularly like the discrediting of absta's vote in ISO #1, but at least she follows up with some questions.
The assumed reason for voting in ISO #2 doesn't sound very good. It looks like she came to a conclusion that is unobtainable with just the information in the thread. I also feel like she's trying to make a few attacks towards absta but she backs off almost straight after she does them (e.g. the first two sentences in that post).
I don't like the obliviousness to almost everything that went on between ISO #2 and ISO #3 in #3. I feel like she could have commented on more of what happened between then.
I don't like how everything in ISO #5 is mainly related to Matti, I feel like she's only trying to respond to things directed at her while not commenting on anything else. Also she changed her assumed reason for absta's vote on her (which she then kinda lead into an attack but backed off again almost immediately). The post feels a little jumbled too, but that's probably just bad formatting.
ISO #6 seems like she's kinda complaining about why she can't do much. It's almost like AtE, but not quite, more like she's just trying to play the Newbie card as an excuse. I don't like the lack of clear opinions about her reads though, she only states what she thinks could be happening instead of what she thinks
is
happening.

I'll do a few more later.

DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

Heres the thing, and it got washed away with all this theory talk. The past reads people have are total shit and based on little to nothing. Like, we're looking at top 3 scum reads people have...but i dont see how they have them. Im paranoid about everyone, but have yet to see anything that firmly said "that guy!".

Theres just not enough arguing and not enough stance taking and not enough scum hunting.

The L-1 wagon, im down with killing all of them. Theres a chance a scum is on it if its a mislynch, also theres a chance to bus if it wasnt. From just theory...thats solid. But we cant be justifying that...taking away one player...throwing me in...and then still saying its solid on the other two.

blah blah blah

@OM: I dont like matt either.
@RBD: im ok shooting mala. i dont get utc.

my tops are probably om, matt, mala, max though
You got me!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Welp, that's odd. You complain about how nobody is scum hunting or arguing at all and then list me as your scumread despite being a large driving force (or at least taking parts in arguments) of the early game arguments/scumhunting.
You discredit all the past reads in the game without even bothering to provide reasons as to why they are shit or based on nothing or even bothering to provide your own reads and reasons (this is just based on the post above me, I wasn't paying attention to anything else you've really said so I might be wrong).

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Post by Maxous »

phone posting and stuff.
first I need to properly re-read Matt when I can, I have been going back and forth in my mind about a couple of posts. more specific is the comment about uct being bussed if he's scum - which looks town and the comment about the lynch being unnecessarily long - I was'nt delighted with the explanation given.

uct said little about who is scum and town in his mini wall post. not a happy bunny.

JD's volunteer plan is anti-town. will get to his reads later

The interactions between the OM and RBD slots bug me. I do have both on the town side individually atm though.

for now Uct lynch and JD to shoot I guess, based on Sal really, from what I read JD's posts are null to me
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:26 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Back from V/LA, let's rock.

Reading and will answer people's questions later today.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:52 am

Post by Shiidaji »

- Prodded MattiLou.
MattiLou
MattiLou
Townie
MattiLou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:15 am

Post by MattiLou »

Alright, several of you want to get a read on me, where do you want to start?
Also, to RD's questions,
1)No objections
2)Mala
3)Uct and Om
4)RD or DJD, I'm not sure which yet.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:18 am

Post by DoubleJD »

@Max: Do tell, based on what from sala? Your iso has your suspicion of him come out of nowhere, and then you back it up with him replacing out :/ Do tell how my plan is antitown, as it seems like you're just sheeping rbd. My plan has 0% scum influence, at worst my plan is random. This is opposed to shooting a list of reads that makes no sense together!

@Om: What im doing is scumhunting :) So many people have sala as a read, but there is no justification for it at all, and no one is bothering to question why. Thats silly.

Also, you're scummy becasue this is nowhere near how you played in masons and mafia. Mala is scummy becasue she called you town given the same information and her sheeping of the RBD read flip.
You got me!
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Maxous »

my ISO#2 is directed at Sal and #3 elaborated on why. I think he was picking for a reason to vote rather than genuinely thinking motovations through.

your plan is to have somebody volunteer to be shot ther than the town forcing two people to shoot each other. the former guarantees one of the shooters is town cause scum ain't gonna volunteer ergo reducing the chance of hitting scum. the latter does not.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:18 am

Post by uctriton00 »

I'm still a little skeptical of the plan, because we have no idea what the non-tribute players are going to be doing at night (4 at night, since 2 are facing off in the ring). What if people don't use their commutes, and then save it for the next time they're in the ring?
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:39 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Caught up reading the rest of the posts.

The more work I see RBD put into it, the more confident I am moving him to a town read. He's honestly trying to work out a plan to just out-shoot the scum. I don't see scum benefitting from that. I still think that there need to be kinks worked out, but it's good progress on a pro-town plan.

DoubleJD's objection to it doesn't mean JD is scum; he's trying to save the town from screwing it up. I have him as town as well.

Still unsure of Mala's reaction test. I've seen town use it, but it's not fair to assume scum can't use it. Nice to see Maxous at least try to question it also.

Matti could be playing the newbie card. I too have a "gut" feeling about one post though. The post about "day 1 is taking too long" type thing. How could a pure newbie know that? He's my scum candidate.

Vote: Matti
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

DJD actually hit the mane point I was waiting for somepony to hit for town points so I need to think about that one.

Still really happy with uticon death... Mala less so but happy with it. The last post from Max sets off all sorts of alarm bells though.

He seems to set up a OOTN-RBD false dilemma thing a bit but backburners it, attacks DJD for "anti-town" things (not always scummy), and then takes waffley stances on uticon and Matt. Thats basically a post that I expected scum to make where they lay out stuff that can lead them in any direction they want.

Im almost willing to say if Uticon is town Max-Mala becomes the shooter pairing.
Uticon scum I almost want to just say keep OOTN-Mala alive now because I dont think there was any awkward looking bus if this is the case.

Acutally yeah

FoS Uticon

Town Shoot: Max and Mala
Mafia Shoot: Max, DJD and Matt

Everypony should vote like that for the time being. Accidental lynch right now would be disasterous because it destroys all im working for.
You don't earn
loyalty
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Maxous »

what does a false dilemma even mean? your interactions are'nt impressive and if one of you flip scum I would strongly consider lynching the other

there is hardly any waffling on uct given I proposed to lynch him and all, ergo calling him scum.
I have indecision on matt but w/e I'm thinking it through and I explained why.

I called JD's plan anti-town because the plan would be detriment to the town but not neccessarily scummy imo. what's the issue?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Open Games”