they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:46 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

hehehehe

panzer claimed it too <.<
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 1849, MattP wrote:OK BUT CMON WHO CLAIMS "FRED THE VT" FOR GOD SAKE

Blame zor, who GAVE me FRED THE VT.

That, for the record, was why I was asking if anyone else had a Name.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:51 am

Post by MattP »

Sorry NS, it was dum cuz I had like a SUPERDUPERTOWNREAD on you and then panzer came and mucked it all up, added onto your Fred claim, which didn't match the OP. Was that a mistake or was that supposed to be a confirmable town role Zor?
SlappyKrust
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:13 am

Post by zoraster »

Fred had the power of fredness, which made him appear as not vt to the vanilla cop
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:14 am

Post by MattP »

Ahhh
SlappyKrust
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:42 am

Post by GreyICE »

Reckoner, I won't /in to any games you are in for. If you have a scrap of honor, you will do the same. I believe that's all that needs to be said.

Zoraster, interesting mechanic, and I'm sorry to /out, but I didn't feel I could remain in the game and not start an excess of drama.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:34 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

LOLOLOLOL told you I could read you molla you scummy mcscumfuck.

Also, for those of you that were hella confused, the reason I
knew
there were only 2 scum left is because I was the vig and I would not be able to shoot anyone once there were 2 or less mafia alive. zoraster forgot about this stipulation and flipped Reck anyway, when the only reason I killed him in the first place is because I thought I was still hunting for 3-4 remaining scum and I second-guessed myself.

High five to everyone who worked with me to engineer the last few days, that was fucking awesome. I'm kinda pissed that DRK got a no result on Nacho, because I didn't completely believe his doc claim to me so I made DRK investigate him to see if we could clear all the remaining power roles. I was banking on scum not being able to kill me because either Nacho was a doc and protected me nearly every night in the game, or he was scum and couldn't kill me without revealing himself as a liar (because he didn't know who else I had told about his role). It's really hilarious that not only was he scum, but he wasn't the scum making the kill. Molla, why the hell did you not *ever* try to kill me as a confirmed power role? I had everyone's claims by like 3 game days ago, and that made it really easy to narrow things down, because it basically guaranteed one of them 7 town power roles was lying (Nacho, in this case).

I thought Nacho played really well all things considered, but this setup was just really imbalanced. There weren't enough scum, and there weren't enough sicilians. That recruiting mechanic was a fucking red herring for everyone, which is pretty annoying.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:35 am

Oh, and also, MattP totally called GreyICE out as scum D1 because of his replacing out, and I don't see why people kept telling me they read Molla as town, either. That was pretty silly.
Permanent V/LA.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:39 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1856, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Molla, why the hell did you not *ever* try to kill me as a confirmed power role?

Didn't sound like you were anything gamebreaking, and killing you would be an obvious move from Scum-Me.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

MOS was obviously a vig from skimming.

Fun mechanic, well done zoraster. What was the thinking behind the mechanic w/ the scum team recruitment zoraster? It's hard to get something new like this exactly balanced, town played well and had the stronger players. But this type of game will get harder for scum even if they start well anyway. Keeping up a townie facade all the time for a long time would be tough as hell. (I thought it might be 3-3 in terms of mafia groups btw)
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:50 am

In post 1851, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 1849, MattP wrote:OK BUT CMON WHO CLAIMS "FRED THE VT" FOR GOD SAKE

Blame zor, who GAVE me FRED THE VT.

That, for the record, was why I was asking if anyone else had a Name.

To be fair, the Fred VT roleclaim basically cleared that slot for me as soon as I found out about it. NS had been playing to his town meta all game, and as soon as I found out that he claimed Fred and had it backed up by Panzer when he replaced in, I was 95% sure he was town and protected the hell out of him whenever Nuwen and DRK wanted to kill him.

Had this conversation with Amrun at one point:

MoS: especially since we did the same thing in The League mafia when we made the setup
MoS: 1 named townie
MoS: zoraster strikes me as the type of mod to do that

Outguessing the mod FTW!

P-Edit: I see where you were coming from Molla, but as a confirmed PR I was able to collect the entire setup without having to do a mass claim, and it left you guys completely in the dark.

jhawk01b: I just came to a revelation while talking to someone else
jhawk01b: it's actually in our best interest
jhawk01b: to stifle as much discussion as possible in the main thread
jhawk01b: and only do votes at this point
jhawk01b: because we're holding so much information that the scum can't get ahold of

Double P-Edit: It wasn't really a new mechanic if you think about it, ES. We were just led to believe it was. In reality it was just a mafia traitor that could be recruited, which has been done many times before and can be balanced for. It's just the way zoraster presented it made everyone think it was much more central to the setup than it really was.
Permanent V/LA.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:51 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Yeah, I did think it'd be more integral (like 3-3).
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1819, MattP wrote:One thing that actually pinged AGar scum to me was that in hangouts he would keep the lights off so that you couldnt see his face.

My light was on...
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Yeah, I had that issue in the first google hangout. I was in a lit room, my camera just wasn't good enough to pick up that fact.

At least I had reck/brock/pie there to back me up that it wasn't intentional.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by AGar »

Also..

I didn't C/P from Hito. Legit only grabbed Sup son from a SeleCT page on TL.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1860, Mastermind of Sin wrote:P-Edit: I see where you were coming from Molla, but as a confirmed PR I was able to collect the entire setup without having to do a mass claim, and it left you guys completely in the dark.

Like I suggested we do :P

I didn't really care if town knew setup, all I knew is I was claiming VT.

If you were the Vig then I enjoyed your kills thoroughly, I had a theory there was an SK for a while there.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:31 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1841, BBmolla wrote:Oh, mad props to MattP for the best reaction test I've ever seen. He messages me saying GreyIce claimed Bodygaurd to him, and to be on him tonight. I almost went along with it, but decided I'm better off claiming VT to uncomplicate things, so I did. Ended up GreyIce never said shit to him. Was scary.

I had a hand in this as well, btw. :3 Glad it scared you.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:29 pm

In post 1865, BBmolla wrote:If you were the Vig then I enjoyed your kills thoroughly, I had a theory there was an SK for a while there.

Yea, well I was like 60% certain that LLD was town, but she's fucking retarded and forced my hand. Scum could afford to ignore her, but not knowing that there was only 1 sicilian, we HAD to kill her on the offchance that she really was scum. Pretty much every town person I talked to (whether or not they knew I was the vig at that point) told me they were hoping the vig would kill her that night.

As for DeasVail, that was just unfortunate. His playstyle really seemed like he was trying to stay out of the limelight, and he was a consensus scumread for just about every town player I talked to (hilariously enough, Nacho defended him...). It just so happens that he was laying low b/c he was a power role, not b/c he was scum.

The Reck kill I've already explained, so *shrug* on that one.

I didn't see how anyone could possibly think there was an SK after LLD died, though. An SK would have just left her alive to fuck with the town and/or the mafia and not cared one way or the other. Also, the Reck kill would have made no sense from an SK's perspective either, because there were more likely power roles to choose from (especially since I knew everyone's claims by then).
Permanent V/LA.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by zoraster »

by the way, how did the BBMolla lynch come about? It seems like there was a pause and then everyone went "oh. guess we lynch him" but no one got a guilty on BB.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1868, zoraster wrote:by the way, how did the BBMolla lynch come about? It seems like there was a pause and then everyone went "oh. guess we lynch him" but no one got a guilty on BB.

Well, Nuwen said she had some shit on me and probably convinced others to lynch me.

Or it was just a roll over from earlier scumreads. Most of the reactions after I replaced in were "BB is scum, we'll lynch him later." which is exactly what happened.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by zoraster »

yeah. i wasn't surprised by the lynch. just the sort of the autopilot nature of it after it didn't happen right away.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:39 pm

In post 1868, zoraster wrote:by the way, how did the BBMolla lynch come about? It seems like there was a pause and then everyone went "oh. guess we lynch him" but no one got a guilty on BB.

I led the last two lynches (Staeg and Molla) via IM conversations. I pretty much just decided who we were going to lynch and told everyone to post their votes in the thread without saying anything else. The reason there was a pause before I voted Molla was because I wanted to talk to the two replacements (Elmo/Feirei) before deciding what to do. I still had my suspicions that a claimed PR was scum, and Espeonage had claimed his role in part to me, so I wanted to see if CSL's claim held up to that. After he gave me even more details than I had gotten from Espy, I was fairly certain he wasn't lying. That meant that if there was a scum PR, it was DRK or Nacho (or both). Both of their roles were too important to kill off just yet, so I went ahead and told everyone to lynch Molla for having been a cheeky scumfuck basically the entire game.

In post 1683, Mastermind of Sin wrote:First guess, I'd say the sicilian team is Staeg/BBmolla and one of Amrun/Nacho.

Vote: Staeg

In post 1701, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Oh, and a quick iso of BBmolla has convinced me he's the play for today. Just look at his voting history, if nothing else.

Unvote, Vote: BBmolla

In post 1703, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Just ISO him and look at his votes. Also take into account that it's BBmolla and his favorite scum activity is weak bussing.

I feel pretty damn good about this sequence of posts. Only reason we backed off of this was because we thought we had 2 sicilians left, so we went for the no lynch and my bussing read on BBmolla was lessened (due to thinking he had to be sicilian if scum).

In post 1704, BBmolla wrote:You have a strange term for weak bussing then

You cheeky scumfuck. ;)
Permanent V/LA.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:46 am

Post by Nuwen »

The only two scum candidates (in my mind) were the Greyice/BBM slot and Grim/Elmo. I asked both of them to claim to me and forwarded along the responses I received. Both claimed VT (sorta - Elmo's claim didn't come from him directly and Elmo himself resisted, which was a town-just-got-into-this-game-wtf-is-going-on tell). I responded by asking something like "then explain what you did last night." Elmo was flippant. BBM said "nothing" and followed that thought up with a separate PM,

BBmolla wrote:Is this a legit claim or a reaction test?

So yeah. Pretty obv scum there.

I was also waffling on the gunsmith a lot. There were a ton of situations where I could read DRK's motivation and explain his actions from a scum perspective, but he also did a couple things that were exclusively town. For awhile I felt like he slipped by claiming "Sicillians investigate w/guns" for some pretty complicated reasons.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:55 am

Post by Nuwen »

In post 1858, BBmolla wrote:
In post 1856, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Molla, why the hell did you not *ever* try to kill me as a confirmed power role?

Didn't sound like you were anything gamebreaking, and killing you would be an obvious move from Scum-Me.

Wait are you kidding

A lot of vocal people in this game wanted MoS' head until he claimed a confirmable role.

There were two shots N1, after MoS requests his stay of execution.

Suddenly no one wants to lynch MoS.

1+1=?????

If town lost their vig and were left with lots of fodder, the scum team
might
have had a chance to beat the imbalanced setup and survive long enough to control the game. I do like that the recruitment mechanic was spurious, but I think SCUM should have known how many Sicillians they were attempting to find in such a town-sided setup.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:13 am

Post by zoraster »

I think that's probably right, Nuwen. Scum probably should have known the numbers at least.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”