Mini 1370: Possessed Pastors in a Paranoid Parish: Who Won?!

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 am

Post by Tierce »

I suppose I could word this more harmoniously.
In post 398, Tierce wrote:I see plenty of motivation in saying stuff like "prove you're Town" as scum--you
(scum-subject)
are leaving town in a position of helplessness, because there is little you
(as town)
can do that you
(town-subject)
are not already doing.
The pronouns are not on the same subject; that should clarify it.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Regarding Maimiki

335, she slightly FOSses Amrun and says that she thinks I am town despite not agreeing with my reasoning. Her read was pretty blatant "rapidcanyon is town."

But then immediately turns into uncertainty and questioning when I ask her why she thinks I am town.

389, she tries to appease Tierce by claiming she wants to see her point of view as well, in other words buddying.

I also agree that if Maemuki were town, she should be questioning players she had uncertain reads on as opposed to town reads, but it could be the case that she simply wants my opinion.

@ Tierce, I get your reference to Vi now, so don't worry about it./ I don't remember where but someone mentioned that you are really good as scum.

Anyways, I agree with most of Tierce's case against Maimuki in 398.

UNVOTE: Iceguy

VOTE: Maimuki
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 399, IceGuy wrote:
In post 397, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Subtle defending/buddying of Tierce noted.

More like, "Not-so-subtle attacking of main scumread AngryPidgeon for once again posting something that's very unlikely to come from town noted."

Iceguy is officially a legitimate wagon.

Tierce/IceGuy gogogo.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:18 am

Post by Maemuki »

In post 398, Tierce wrote:In addition to the order making no sense, those questions are just out of place--why is Maemuki questioning
you
more than she is questioning people she has uncertain reads on? Why the waste of time on a slot she's so convinced is town, and then going "well, player X has not posted since I made my post, so it's not my fault I don't have a better read on him"? She spends more time on you, who are a townread (I agree with IceGuy's notion of 'safe townreads'--after your wagon collapsed, Maemuki calls you town at will (on 'gut'); you're apparently not getting lynched today and it's not an avenue worth pursuing for scum), than on actually trying to figure out who is scum, and pins the blame on not having better reads on others' lack of posting, while showing little effort to actually get better reads from the stuff that
has
already been posted.

This sounds a lot like a sales pitch. Like the repeated use of you. Like you're trying to make rapidcanyon, specifically, vote for me. Mmmm.

Also my 'prove it' comment was along the lines of 'you could try to do some pro-town things', since she had a defeatist tone to her post, but nobody seems to take it like that, and probably won't after this so - *shrug* After all, if she is town, wouldn't it be better to give the town the most information possible? It just seems strange, that's all.

Okay, this is what I wanted from Amrun. Why is she not being transparent, why is she being so defeatist when there's still time, she was leaving subtle clues about everyone so she could go back to them if a wagon changed, which is a definite scumtell in my book, and she ignored these and another points against her.

Look. Tierce. Not everybody has the attention span to make a large wall of text, talking about everything that went through my mind as I read the game. And
especially
not me. Those were just the things that stuck out the most and the ones I remembered. Okay, so fine, I didn't post so many of my opinions. What do you want me to do, post a 5 page Word document with all my reads and reasoning? ...Sorry to say, but that's not how I play. Grab a chair if you're going to wait for it.

It's not Hiraki's fault that he can't answer (actually, I forgot it was Labour Day, too, so there's that), but even before that, he was way too focused on simply one subject. Amrun had already been brought up when he lasted posted - he at least should have acknowledged it, no?
On Empking, there is really not much to do to draw content from him, aside from 'Hey could you please comment on pretty much everything? kthx'.
MoI is a subtle thing I found scummy and that I actually remembered to post.
Just because I don't post it doesn't mean I'm not trying, Tierce. I don't have to endlessly question everyone on the game, I can think about their posts without writing it down, can't I?

So having town reads is buddying now? Let me just write that down.

Warn me if I skipped over any arguments of yours - which I probably have.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:28 am

Post by Hiraki »

amrun is prob scum(but I have more faith in Eidolonscum)

and maemuki is null/leaning town by a hair

now let's go already doods
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 am

Post by Empking »

In post 404, Hiraki wrote:amrun is prob scum(but I have more faith in Eidolonscum)

Don't be an egocentric so and so, we've only got two days left.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:31 am

Post by Hiraki »

you should realize by now

that i am only egocentric
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok, Im partway through the Tierce/Mae ISO. NO We aren't voting Mae today. RC please explain to me the scum motivation behind generating a solid town read on a townie (YOU) and then pelting that person with questions????????????? Oh right, there isn't. Scum like to have a solid town read on someone. Mae is clearly not doing that.

Amrun/Mae. You should join me on this Tierce wagon. Rc, you too.

Mae's last post is towntown. I would no lynch before lynching Mae.

Gosh this Tierce wagon is lonely.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:51 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 407, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok, Im partway through the Tierce/Mae ISO. NO We aren't voting Mae today. RC please explain to me the scum motivation behind generating a solid town read on a townie (YOU) and then pelting that person with questions????????????? Oh right, there isn't. Scum like to have a solid town read on someone. Mae is clearly not doing that.

The scum motivation for generating a solid town read on a townie is buddy up with them and make them less likely to suspect you. Scum do this often. If they do it well enough, they wouldn't be suspected. If they do it poorly, they will quickly be accused of buddying. I am thinking Maemuki is the second case. More telling was her response to asking me why she thought I was town. It looked as though she was caught buddying and went back on her clear townread to one of uncertainty. She initially asked a couple of questions and emphasized them even more after I accused her of buddying. She never explained why she thought I was town.

In post 407, AngryPidgeon wrote:

Mae's last post is towntown. I would no lynch before lynching Mae.

How so?
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by Eidolon »

ehh, after a skim, i'm not sure on amruns affiliation. might be town.
unvote.
i'll post more tomorrow.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Guys, we only have two days left. We need to lynch Maemuki. Quickly. We can't waste this Day with a no lynch.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Post by IceGuy »

In post 407, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Gosh this Tierce wagon is lonely.

That's because it's stupid.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Post by IceGuy »

As a deadline lynch, I'd vote for Maemuki first and Amrun second, but I'm not really confident in either one being scum.
DeasWave
DeasWave
Goon
DeasWave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:01 am

Post by DeasWave »

@Tierce: What use is it for scum to buddy to rapidcanyon?

Also, reason for slight townread on Zyrocnium was because of all the questions he asks in . I thought it likely that scum would feel uncomfortable asking so many, when they could just ask one or two instead (and it's kind of pointless for them too). This, as well as the next post, which I was never really sure on, but I thought that it's the type of thing scum would think was scummy and try not to do, but again, not sure, and my townread wasn't very strong.

Maemuki is possible scum in my mind, but I don't have a strong read either way, so I'll probably go with whatever DW thinks for now.

@AngryPidgeon: Do you usually have such strong/confident reads?

@Eidolon: What about Amrun's posts make you think she's possible town?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 413, DeasWave wrote:@AngryPidgeon: Do you usually have such strong/confident reads?

Ask MoI.

I will not be voting Maemuki even as a compromise.

RC: SHE IS NOT BUDDYING YOU. OR LISTING YOU AS A FIRM TOWNREAD. STOP READING INTO WHAT THAT ISN'T THERE
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:11 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 414, AngryPidgeon wrote:
I will not be voting Maemuki even as a compromise.

Assume it is exactly one minute before the deadline and Maemuki is the only player on L-1. What do you do?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:21 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Catching up now ….

So Empking and Hiraki are completely useless … joy.

Amrun has pretty much ignored the game since I left and shows no interest in actively trying to find scum. She’s pretty much happy to lurk and let others post and draw attention as a means to evade the rope. Stop letting her do it.

Deadline is under 24 hours at this point. If you aren't voting or aren't voting a wagon that has more than 2 votes you are either scum or terrible Town.

--

Eid wrote: ehh, after a skim, i'm not sure on amruns affiliation. might be town. unvote. i'll post more tomorrow.

Anyone who has the power to kill at Night and wants to claim Town affiliation had best shoot this dead at first chance.
This is not a Town oriented post.

--

AngryP wrote: Note: I get reads slightly unconventionally. I like to read into tone of voice, flow of posts, and sentence structure. I can usually get a good idea if someone's posts are forced or flow well. This makes it difficult for me to read players like Seil, RC, Eidolon because I don't think along the same lines they do and their posts sound forced/scummy to me. Weird, I know, but a lot of common tells are WIFOM imo.

Well as long as you are prepared to have your reads ignored by players who disagree with the way you scum-hunt …

AngryP wrote: >.>. Activity or apologies therefore are never a scumtell.

Quilford lurks as scum. He’s admitted it in this very thread in an early exchange with me where he said “Oh MoI if I was scum I’d be power-lurking”. And now he’s power-lurking. Case in point ... no Quilford content since my comment.

--

Maemuki wrote:But why? Seriously, dude, you even changed your vote since then and still no justification. What the hell?

I had already laid out my thoughts on why Quil was scummy prior to the vote. I don’t feel the need to rehash it for your edification. You did say you read the thread so you should have seen our exchange.

--

Rapid wrote:@ Magna, explain what you mean by this:

What needs explained? I asked you a question because I wanted to know more about your claim.

Rapid wrote: I would really comments on his town and scum meta.

I’m going to lay this out for you so you have a clear understanding. You aren’t going to distinguish my play via meta. It’s not going to work. Anyone who says they can read me solely by meta has failed. So asking for this is pointless. Look at the thread and look for motivations for posts and actions as opposed to meta.

--

Tierce wrote:How on Earth do you expect ANYONE to prove that they are Town? This is a pile of empty posturing meant to rile up someone who is frustrated with the wagon on them. You're not even trying to figure out Amrun's alignment.

This could not be more wrong, IMO. If anything Mae is giving Amrun too much leeway to explode into activity as an out from here lynch.

That said I'm glad that the 'Tierce got sidetracked by sunlight' posting ended and you have content and thus I don't have to worry about you today.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:28 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 416, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Quilford lurks as scum. He’s admitted it in this very thread in an early exchange with me where he said “Oh MoI if I was scum I’d be power-lurking”. And now he’s power-lurking. Case in point ... no Quilford content since my comment.

I actually checked his meta. He power-lurks as scum and as town.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:42 am

Post by Tierce »

Yes, I am trying to make rapidcanyon vote for you. If you're scum, he's town. Part of my goal is getting my scumreads lynched and that requires the help of other town players.

I don't particularly care what you claim you wanted from Amrun, since my point wasn't that but the moral high ground attitude you took about her. None of those questions are particularly useful in finding scum.

Again, you are exaggerating. I never asked for a 'wall of text', I didn't ask for 'endless questions'. I called you out on the lack of content on your catch-up and its follow-ups in regards to scumhunting. There are more lines in most of your paragraphs in , about defending yourself, than you've had about players you are trying to figure out the alignment of. This strikes me as outright odd, and for someone who finds it suspicious that Amrun has hesitant views, you are doing much the same--so why is it a scumtell for her and not for you when all you say about people is "I don't like X" and don't dig further in it?
Maemuki wrote:I can think about their posts without writing it down, can't I?
I am not a mindreader. I don't see any specific sign you really thought about people's posts. I only have access to your written word, so I really don't see how you can legitimately think that not posting developed opinions should be interpreted as you having them. The way you are grumping about it instead of actually stringing together more than two lines that are nothing but a rehash of your 'reads' (what of the others who were 'meh'? Still no opinions?) shows you have no interest in contributing with actual content that can be analyzed.

It has absolutely nothing to do with 'having' townreads and you know it--it's the way you treated rapidcanyon with that read.

In post 407, AngryPidgeon wrote:RC please explain to me the scum motivation behind generating a solid town read on a townie (YOU) and then pelting that person with questions????????????? Oh right, there isn't. Scum like to have a solid town read on someone. Mae is clearly not doing that.
This is really awkward coming form someone who accused me of poking at a wagon with no pull. With that said, I don't think you are aligned with Maemuki.

Instead of spending time showing us her reads about others, Maemuki is spending virtually all of her content on someone who is not going to get lynched today. Why do you consider that behavior a scumtell with me and not with Maemuki, AngryPidgeon? Why the double standard?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:54 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 418, Tierce wrote:This is really awkward coming form someone who accused me of poking at a wagon with no pull. With that said, I don't think you are aligned with Maemuki.

How are these two ideas connected even remotely?

In post 418, Tierce wrote:Instead of spending time showing us her reads about others, Maemuki is spending virtually all of her content on someone who is not going to get lynched today. Why do you consider that behavior a scumtell with me and not with Maemuki, AngryPidgeon? Why the double standard?

Haha, you are SO scummy. Mae's #1 read appears to be Amrun although she hasn't voted anyone yet. How is Amrun-wagon not possible?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:57 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 413, DeasWave wrote:@Tierce: What use is it for scum to buddy to rapidcanyon?

Also, reason for slight townread on Zyrocnium was because of all the questions he asks in . I thought it likely that scum would feel uncomfortable asking so many, when they could just ask one or two instead (and it's kind of pointless for them too). This, as well as the next post, which I was never really sure on, but I thought that it's the type of thing scum would think was scummy and try not to do, but again, not sure, and my townread wasn't very strong.

Maemuki is possible scum in my mind, but I don't have a strong read either way, so I'll probably go with whatever DW thinks for now.
Why do scum buddy anyone? To get them to vote with them instead of against her, to avoid night actions against them (if rapidcanyon protects Maemuki-scum, the scum don't have to worry about the bodyguard for one night, for example), to work themselves into town voting blocks... really, what are you expecting out of this question, Deas? :/ This is theory and we could go around this for hours without reaching a conclusion. The short answer is "because buddying town helps scum achieve their wincon".

I don't see anything in that is a particularly town mindset; the questions or their amount aren't indicative one way or another, imo, nor are they the type that would reveals a train of thought on figuring out AngryPidgeon's alignment. They seem pointless one way or another, and so they're null to me.

In post 417, IceGuy wrote:
In post 416, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Quilford lurks as scum. He’s admitted it in this very thread in an early exchange with me where he said “Oh MoI if I was scum I’d be power-lurking”. And now he’s power-lurking. Case in point ... no Quilford content since my comment.
I actually checked his meta. He power-lurks as scum and as town.
IceGuy is right. Remember Maf.Maiden? Quilford lurked a lot as town and got lynched for it. I don't think you're on to something there.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 am

Post by IceGuy »

AP: I asked you a question. Answer it.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:01 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 420, Tierce wrote:Remember Maf.Maiden?

Nope. Have no idea what you are talking about. And I don't care to look it up.

Yes I'm serious. I've had all bad memories expunged.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:06 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 419, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 418, Tierce wrote:This is really awkward coming form someone who accused me of poking at a wagon with no pull. With that said, I don't think you are aligned with Maemuki.
How are these two ideas connected even remotely?
The extreme lack of compromise you're going for here does not match partner behavior. You are giving up any chance at towncred should Maemuki flip scum, so it seems natural town behavior. I want to slap you, but that doesn't make you scum.

In post 419, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 418, Tierce wrote:Instead of spending time showing us her reads about others, Maemuki is spending virtually all of her content on someone who is not going to get lynched today. Why do you consider that behavior a scumtell with me and not with Maemuki, AngryPidgeon? Why the double standard?
Haha, you are SO scummy. Mae's #1 read appears to be Amrun although she hasn't voted anyone yet. How is Amrun-wagon not possible?
I was talking about rapidcanyon, who is Maemuki's #1 interest, not Amrun. She's waiting on Amrun and twiddling her thumbs about it when she has shown she is capable of interacting with people--why is she trying to figure out rapidcanyon much more actively than Amrun? She doesn't need Amrun to react, she doesn't need a stream of posing 'endless questions'--she needs to read what info there is from Amrun and cast a vote. We're 24h for deadline and her reason is that "I'm not voting someone who hasn't answered me". How does this make sense? How is this townie proactive behavior when consolidating wagons is an urgent matter? She is, essentially, blaming her lack of advance on other people's inactivity and saying she has thought about things--but doesn't post those thoughts. This isn't town trying to hurriedly get a solid read before deadline.

@DarthYoshi: Can we have an extension due to Labor Day weekend?

PEdit: Fair enough. >.> But Quilford lurks regardless of alignment.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:18 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 423, Tierce wrote:

@DarthYoshi: Can we have an extension due to Labor Day weekend?

That's fair, I suppose. I'll grant a 48-hour extension to the deadline.

The deadline for Day One is now currently set for 7:00 am PDT (GMT-7) on Friday, September 7.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”