NY Mafia 155 - New Age Mafia II - Game Over!

scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:47 am

Post by scooby »

In post 905, scooby wrote:I just want people to tell me two thinbgs:

umoms: 8 (
Staeg, iamausername
, Rhinox,
nhammen
redFF, Quilford
, Glork, Tierce)

Who is the scujm here?

singersigner: 6 (
JDodge
nhammen
Staeg
, Flameaxe, Simenon,
bv310
)
nhammen: 6 (
Primate
iamausername
, Rhinox,
redFF
singersigner
Quilford
)

Bonus question, who is the scum bussing for town cred?

Simenonx and Rhynox for last scums

GG

You can thank me later
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 am

Post by Hoopla »

Why are you quoting that particular vote count? Why not the one that includes you as the hammer vote on nhammen?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:01 am

Post by scooby »

I think that particular votecount shows precisely they way scum distributed when they had no idea who was going to be lynched.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:04 am

Post by scooby »

In post 619, OhGodMyLife wrote:
Vote Count:
10 to lynch

nhammen: 10 (redFF, singersigner, Quilford, Glork, Hoopla, Flameaxe, Staeg, Quagmire, bv310, scooby)
singersigner: 5 (nhammen, Simenon, Rhinox, JDodge, AGar)
Staeg: 1 (Tierce)
Quagmire: 1 (Bella)

Not Voting: 2 (Psyche, Primate)

[/b]

Im not sure what can we get from this votecount.... late wagoners are pretty much town reads
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Glork »

I'd vote Sim('s replacement).

Still not sold on Rhinox.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:10 am

Post by Glork »

In fact, I kind of forgot that I was in a neighborhood with him, and reading his neighborhood posts (especially overnight tonight), I will never ever vote Rhinox in this game ever.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:13 am

Post by scooby »

Can I have reasons with that aseveration? I mean, anyone can play the town game...

I could for Sableheart as well.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:28 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1052, scooby wrote:I think that particular votecount shows precisely they way scum distributed when they had no idea who was going to be lynched.

Seems like the logic you're using is pretty arbitrary. Why are the players off those wagons at that point in time exempt? I'll point out that during the lead up to that vote count, activity was quite low, so some players may not have had an opportunity to bus even if they wanted to before then. Key example being you:

This is the vote count you're using to make your point:

JDodge
nhammen
Staeg
, Flameaxe, Simenon,
bv310
)
Primate
iamausername
, Rhinox,
redFF
singersigner
Quilford
)

Which was post 472, yet your last sign of meaningful activity was post 385, when the leading wagons were this:

singersigner:
4 (
Quilford
, JDodge,
nhammen
Staeg
)
Rhinox: 3 (umoms, Tierce, redFF)
Glork: 3 (Rhinox, scooby, Quagmire)
umoms: 3 (AGar, Rhinox, Glork)
redFF: 2 (
Flameaxe, iamausername
)
nhammen
: 2 (
Primate
singersigner
)

My point being, some may not have had an opportunity to bus at the earliest sensible time even if they wanted to (ie; you) - the above isn't a drastic scenario for scum that requires heavy bussing. Why should you be getting credit for not being on a double scum wagon, when you weren't even around for its development? And why should it make others more likely to be scum on it at that particular time (at 6-6)?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:30 am

Post by scooby »

I never asked for credit for not being on the wagons.

Both wagons tied at 6 means scum had no idea who was about to be lynched, so I'm expecting a 2-2 distribution, simply following "scum don't put all eggs on one basket" theory.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:42 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1058, scooby wrote:I never asked for credit for not being on the wagons.

Both wagons tied at 6 means scum had no idea who was about to be lynched, so I'm expecting a 2-2 distribution, simply following "scum don't put all eggs on one basket" theory.

You're indirectly giving yourself credit for being in a contrary position to those you accuse. If we're to expect a scumteam of four (which is most likely), you're suggesting that all the scum were on either nhammen or singer at this stage;

JDodge
nhammen
Staeg
, Flameaxe, Simenon,
bv310
)
Primate
iamausername
, Rhinox,
redFF
singersigner
Quilford
)

When realistically, it was the fourth, fifth and maybe sixth votes on each wagon that locked those players in as realistic candidates. If anything, the players providing those tilt votes deserve minor credit for essentially locking it into a nhammen vs. singer race.

I'm planning to do a bit of wagon analysis today, but I'm not really seeing anything you're seeing at the moment. A third scum could have been on those two wagons there, but I think its likelier that scum bundled on after it became obvious it was only going to be singer or nhammen, and I don't think it was set in stone when players like Rhinox, RedFF (and to a less extent Simenon) jumped on.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:47 am

Post by scooby »

Let me see what you get.

PD: Thoughts on Sableheart, aka Simenon?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

He's my next choice.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:43 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1056, scooby wrote:Can I have reasons with that aseveration? I mean, anyone can play the town game...

I could for Sableheart as well.

Despite me defending him, he told me that I might be better off just lynching him, because he's a mislynch waiting to happen later on in the game, at a more critical juncture. He's also been pretty crystal clear in his opinions. I've played with scum-neighbors and town-neighbors before, and just the wording/sincerity/openness of his posts makes it pretty clear that he's a town-neighbor. He has never seemed the least bit interested in "convincing" me that he is protown -- he just let it happen naturally, which is major bonus points.

I really, really don't think that Rhinox is scum. I still think that he is an effectively-bulletproof-townie who is also a neighbor.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 am

Post by redFF »

OMFG after that deadline switch to save rhinox we're still not lynching him?

vote:rhinox
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by AGar »

No, I don't think I want to vote Rhinox. I want to vote whoever pushed that god awful Flameaxe wagon yesterday. Because holy shit that looks so bad it's not even funny.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1064, AGar wrote:No, I don't think I want to vote Rhinox. I want to vote whoever pushed that god awful Flameaxe wagon yesterday. Because holy shit that looks so bad it's not even funny.

It wasn't that bad - he needed to die at some point.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Both the Rhinox and the Scooby wagons remain a bad idea.

Rhinox claim is unlikely to be made up by scum, who tend to go for something simpler and more believable. In particular, scum Rhinox could have simply claimed neighbour without any problems. There was no need whatsoever for scum Rhinox to add in the "bulletproof to mafia" part, so if he was scum, he wouldn't have done so.

Scooby is a slightly better lynch, but the fact that he was roleblocked during a night where a mafia kill went through, a lack of actual scumtells made by himand a lack of reasoning by those voting him makes him a poor lynch.

RedFF is my top suspect at the moment. His lack of activity and lack of interest in the game is far more likely to come from someone who lost two buddies in the first two days then from someone who's gotten two steps closer to his wincondition.

Vote: RedFF
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:04 am

Post by Rhinox »

fyi i'm v/la until tomorrow
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:50 am

Post by Bella »

In post 1064, AGar wrote:No, I don't think I want to vote Rhinox. I want to vote whoever pushed that god awful Flameaxe wagon yesterday. Because holy shit that looks so bad it's not even funny.

Glork and Tierce pulled the Flameaxe wagon out of their collective asses. If you had to lynch one, who would you prefer?
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:38 am

Post by JDodge »

My account is fixed! Time for a last thoughts sort of thing since I've been forced to ask for a replacement due to a change in my work schedule this coming weekend and a general lack of interest.

Firstly, completely forgot about deadline - wasn't around because I was doing other shit and missed stuff. The Flameaxe wagon out of nowhere was fucking awful.

Secondly,
vote: redFF
on the way out. The fact that he keeps asking why I'm annoyed when we've caught scum the first two days and continued uberlurking are indicative that he has no interest in actually scumhunting at best, which makes him a safe lynch. Scooby wagon is good. Rhinox wagon is fucking awful given his posts over the past couple of days. Stag's play was disgustingly bad and I take that idea with me on the way out; my initial plan was to wait until later and change more towards deadline when it actually, 100% mattered.

Hoops is town. Quag is increasingly worrying.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:56 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1068, Bella wrote:
Glork and Tierce pulled the Flameaxe wagon out of their collective asses. If you had to lynch one, who would you prefer?
Have you looked at the ?

Both wagons were stalled. Glork and I have townreads on Rhinox. If my townread is being wagoned that close to deadline and the choice is between a no-lynch, lynching a townread or lynching a null read, I'm going for option c).

Also, I want to slap you.
In post 1004, Bella wrote:The deadline is looming. We can let things carry on as they are and no lynch. This nets the town nothing and is pretty much a useless approach to take. We can lynch Scooby, and get a probable town flip which is even worse than a no lynch. We could lynch Rhinox and deal with his awkward claim, thus removing an obstacle to town finding scum and/or netting us a scumbag. Or we could rush to somebody else who needs to die (aka Stag).

Stagwagon seems unlikely to come to pass before deadline. Thus, we should lynch Rhinox at teh very least as a practical matter.
In post 1036, Bella wrote:Good job getting your no lynch, Tierce.
Wake the hell up.
I've been an Innocent Child before, I know it can be frustrating, but ffs, just look at what you've been posting, Izzy. Reread the game instead of going in another inane tunnel like the one on Staeg. Rhinox is very likely town. I can trust your motivations, but I can't trust your reads worth a damn and that is a terrible feeling.

I guess I should take my own advice and reread this too. Let's see if I do it tonight.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Quagmire »

We need to stop floating along, policy lynching VTs. I'm going to do some wagon analysis over the past couple days when I get time (so probably won't be too soon since classes start today) so we have a good idea on who to lynch. I'm still not convinced on Rhinox's towniness either.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Quagmire »

Rhinox, from your conversations with Glork, do you think he is town or scum and why? I'm inclined to vote for him today, although I'm going to wait until I do my analysis referenced in the above post before I make a decision.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:17 am

Post by Quagmire »

I want to think this is more evidence we don't have an SK and instead 5 scums, but again Staeg is just the optimal choice to kill. Or he got lucky last night.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:23 am

Post by redFF »

Nhammen was my biggest scumread throughout the entirety of day 1, I was on his wagon from the start, heck, I was the first on it, and helped push it through. I was one of nhammen's biggest scumreads day 1, especially at the beginning, with him voting me for a long period of time.

We've seen little evidence of there being 2 scumteams or an SK (this could depend on what Rhinox flips) so please tell me why nhammen and I bussed so hard day 1.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”