Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by Zdenek »

One thing that really struck me as odd were the Feysal chooses early in the game. I don't think that Feysal comes across as particularly town, and if he were to flip scum I'd probably look into those choose votes pretty carefully.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 1599, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 1594, Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm not sure I like Benmage's idea to use the jailkeep as a doc ability...seems like a good way to render a PR useless for the night.

Meh...or a good way to keep a strong town read alive who might otherwise be killed.

I think it's too risky...the only way to make this work would be for everyone to vote without revealing who they chose, and just *hope* that the majority choose a good target. If we made choices public, scum would just avoid killing them and it wouldn't be all that effective. If we make use this aggressively, we can try to target scum and use it to stop them from being able to kill tonight. With 1 scum down (and presumably another in bvoight), we have a lot of information to work with and imo should use this information aggressively to take advantage of the day's mechanic.
Permanent V/LA.
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Shinori »

I misread shadows saying Staeg instead of BVO. I don't know why.

I'm fine with BVO lynch, however if Bvo flips town we look at staeg and shadows because of weird stuff i got in my pm last night.

##Vote: Bvo
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 892, Regfan wrote:Lyanna, I'll admit the fact the hydra-partner of Shinoris isn't 'new' does weaken the town-tell but while he may be nervous and weak as scum I don't think his solution to counter that would be bringing into it another player he has to have hydra-interactions with since they'd have to fake read disagreements ect.

Regfan could be scum because of this. He's maintaining a town-read for an absolutely ridiculous reason.

On a related note: the hydra dissonance has to end, and if it doesn't we start lynching them. We have to eventually be able to hold these slots accountable for their reads.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:25 pm

In post 1602, Shinori wrote:I misread shadows saying Staeg instead of BVO. I don't know why.

I'm fine with BVO lynch, however if Bvo flips town we look at staeg and shadows because of weird stuff i got in my pm last night.

o.O?
Permanent V/LA.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Zdenek--at best you are skimming my posts, at worst you're scum.

I jumped off greenknight because he claimed masons. I didn't go back to Feysal because I was not convinced Feysal was scum. And I was the first on a wagon that result in the death of scum. What the hell are you criticizing here? Don't I have a right to start wagons too? Unless you're claiming that I jumped off a mason onto my scumbuddy and pushed that wagon until the end (which was a wagon I had been supportive of
from the beginning due to redFF
, I have no idea how you think it makes sense for me to be scum at this stage.

And yes, I 'blather' a lot. That's who I am and how I play. Deal with it.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 1602, Shinori wrote:I misread shadows saying Staeg instead of BVO. I don't know why.

So, you have information that potentially clears Bvoigt and implicates Staeg and Shadow somehow and you're just fine lynching Bvoigt in case? If that's not what you mean, what do you mean?
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by Zdenek »

MoI forgetting about bbmolla being in the game was weird, and his self-choose felt contrived.

In post 785, MagnaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: Snowstorm. The level of crap being posted by yours truly has reached the point of no return.

This is just incredibly bad for MoI - he's voting some one for posting crap rather than for being scum.

MoI's attack on Minimum bothers me too. It reminds me of his attack on Twilight Sparkle in ASOS, where he attacked another Mina-hydra. I kind of think that this is a scum strategy of his because it can give him potentially days worth of time wasting arguments. I also didn't really like when he backed down on that argument and eventually resorted to sniping.

Frankly, I don't think that any of this is all that conclusive, but I don't certainly think that the town reads on MoI aren't warranted.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1605, Tyene Sand wrote:And yes, I 'blather' a lot. That's who I am and how I play. Deal with it.

I'd like rope to deal with it.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1605, Tyene Sand wrote:I jumped off greenknight because he claimed masons. I didn't go back to Feysal because I was not convinced Feysal was scum. And I was the first on a wagon that result in the death of scum. What the hell are you criticizing here? Don't I have a right to start wagons too? Unless you're claiming that I jumped off a mason onto my scumbuddy and pushed that wagon until the end (which was a wagon I had been supportive of from the beginning due to redFF, I have no idea how you think it makes sense for me to be scum at this stage.

The point was that you had the opportunity to Vote for DC and there were votes on him, but instead you decided to push for him to be chosen, when there were no choose-votes on him.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by Benmage »

I am down to quicklynch
.. I dont see this day yielding much other than "yeah vote bvoigt cool"... "yada yada yada **nothingness**"
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Benmage »

Explain said PM.. much easier.

Can someone dig up that other message we saw before (yesiamthislazy)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 1307, BBmolla wrote:Shit I just realized I forgot to take something out of my notes :x

So apparently I recieved a letter from someone, it says that Aegon Targaryen's forces are split up so that some do not know who the others are. After some extensive research(AKA, googling Aegon Targaryen) I've come to the conclusion this is probably good knowledge for the town to know because they look like bad guys.

Unsatisfied with the lynch today, fine with the choose.

UNCHOOSE
CHOOSE: DLCXVI

L-1 for choose

I still think Sapo is scum btw. Will switch to Shadow to prevent no lynch.
Winter is Coming

Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1594, Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm not sure I like Benmage's idea to use the jailkeep as a doc ability...seems like a good way to render a PR useless for the night.

We had this discussion in The Murder on the HMS Regalia, when we had a public jailing, like this one except it was on thread instead of PMs. And there was supporters on both sides (to use it to protect or to use it on a scummy person), so it's not really alignment indicative.

I still don't think I really know what to do with it though <_<
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by Benmage »

Like that isn't a possibility anyways?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Faithful was part of Stannis's fleet commanded by Ser Imry Florent during the Battle of the Blackwater. It engaged the Kingslander with the aid of the Sceptre. The Faithful was rammed during the battle. It was engulfed and destroyed by wildfire after the explosion of the Swordfish.

Day 2, Votecount 2

bvoigt (6) - Dolorous Edd, Staeg, Benmage, Shadow1psc Mastermind of Sin, Shinori

Not Voting (18):
Minimum, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Tyene Sand, kortul, MagnaofIllusion, Plums Yo Mamma, Albert B. Rampage, Regfan, Zdenek, Bvoigt, Plessiezarus, Feysal, Pandora, Saporerint, Starbuck, BBmolla, Jal

With 24 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 22nd September at 00:39am Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-21 19:39:47)
  • MagnaofIllusion is V/la
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

Maybe we make like a top 3 townie list... and vote amongst them... so scum really can't kill any of the three.. Me likes this.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1616, Benmage wrote:Maybe we make like a top 3 townie list... and vote amongst them... so scum really can't kill any of the three.. Me likes this.

I think you went inside my mind ._. I was thinking that same
exact
thing. Keep them on their toes, so they either have to take the risk and maybe hit a protect, they can also take the risk and cross-kill with another mafia team, or they can shoot someone that is less town. Works for me.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

I like Benmage's idea.

We might have something like it was on Always On (that was virtually a recruitable traitor) or in Mafia of the Chosen Ones, with the same scumteam, but divided and without knowledge of who the other half are for a while.

I find it curious that, for all practical effects, we only had a kill. DCLXVI's 'faction', whatever that means, knew who he was going to kill, obviously. So: are they responsible for the death of the other mason, or do we have another killing group, or did they doublekill, or do we have successful protections--we're not going to get an answer now, but this is food for thought for later.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1618, Tyene Sand wrote:I find it curious that, for all practical effects, we only had a kill. DCLXVI's 'faction', whatever that means, knew who he was going to kill, obviously.

How? Maybe DCL wasn't allowed any more communications with his scumteam?

Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Eh...Faraday hates recruitable roles so I don't know how strongly I'd buy into that theory.

I'd imagine that DCL's faction is the same as the one who killed both masons. It just would be too coincidental for different scum factions to happen to kill the other mason person. I looked for crumbs to see if DCL left any hint of who he would kill but didn't find any.

Although a double kill of either I suppose is possible. I'm just still surprised they went after either of them at all.
Winter is Coming

Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 1619, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 1618, Tyene Sand wrote:I find it curious that, for all practical effects, we only had a kill. DCLXVI's 'faction', whatever that means, knew who he was going to kill, obviously.

If they do have day talk as Z(?) suggested, that would have been planned before day ended most likely.
Winter is Coming

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 67, redFF wrote:
In post 10, Starbuck wrote:
Vote: MoI
for loving all the same fandoms that I do.

I'm a little surprised at the quick Chooses right out the gate before you can even get a bead on reads.

Are you also surprised about the quick votes out the gate before you can even get a bead on reads?
Pointless observation to look town and like she's really putting 'thought' into the game, when obviously if she was actually thinking she would realize how much of an inane statement this is.
In post 42, Starbuck wrote:
Minimum wrote:What's the difference between a choose before you can get any reads and a vote before you can get any reads?

I guess there really isn't one. I just would rather put my Choose vote on someone that could be trusted to follow through on the action rather than give it scum or a policy lynch.

I know we can gain info from the Choose votes, but I still question those who immediately Chose someone because, again, it should not fall into the hands of the scum.

this is something similar to the above, why shouldn't we choose scum? It's a day 1 lynch and if we do get scum with it I'd always take a 1for1 trade, who wouldn't? Another post to look pro-town where if any town-minded thought was put towards it Starbuck would've realised that a 1for1 trade is always worth it.

vote:starbuck

choose:feysal

I think the multi-scum slip is enough to go off at this stage, see how feysal continues to react.

also I'm
V/LA until Friday
, sorry about the timing but I was pre-inned for this and didn't want to miss out, I leave tomorrow so you might get some more posts from me tonight, just posting this in case i forget.

I was bothered like many by Starbuck's early play, but her later play plus this means that she almost for sure not aligned with RedFF/DCX.
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by Shinori »

In post 1606, Lyanna Stark wrote:

So, you have information that potentially clears Bvoigt and implicates Staeg and Shadow somehow and you're just fine lynching Bvoigt in case? If that's not what you mean, what do you mean?

No I think I actually have info that potentially pegs someone as scum along with BVO. It could implicate bvo as town though but it's also something I don't fele at liberty to discuss because it could just be more beneficial to scum than town.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:27 pm

In post 1621, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 1619, Dolorous Edd wrote:

If they do have day talk as Z(?) suggested, that would have been planned before day ended most likely.

Not to mention that DCLX would probably still be able to see the QT to see who his team was planning to kill, at least.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”