DoomYoshi
Goon
DoomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by DoomYoshi »

VOTE: Solidstate

The case that mcstab presented on me, which you agreed with included two parts I would like to draw your attention to:
A) Elmo quicklynch. Defender was anti-Elmo wagon AND so were you!
B) I was lurker voting. Since you can't be voting for defender for the anti wagon comments, you must be voting him for lurking. If i am scummy for lurker voting, why is it ok when you do it?

Basically, you seem to be jumping on any wagon with wheels.
solidstate
solidstate
Goon
solidstate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by solidstate »

@Seil: Keep in mind Yoshi isn't confirmed town, and don't call him that. We have no evidence at all that he is town, and any scum at L-1 is going to make a PR claim in his situation. Its just that its safer for the town to lynch someone else. But if you die, the town will be well-advised to lynch him. If he is still alive in a couple days, the town will be well-advised to lynch him (because if he's really a doctor, the scum will have to kill him to get to you). Applejack alluded to this as well, I think. There's really no reason to treat him as any less scummy, he's just more or less lynchproof for the day.

@Yoshi: See how easy actually voting instead of threatening to vote is? Your reasons are still shit, though.

First, there are elements in mcstab's case that have nothing to do with A or B above. For instance, his commentary on 130, which wasn't in earlier cases. I've also mentioned my suspicion in terms of your buddy attitude toward me, which you refuse to address (being sure someone is town is scummy because only scum knows for sure).

As for wagon timing: For a long time I wasn't on a wagon, I was on RBD by myself due to the whole pony-vibe. But eventually, its productive to join a wagon. Its called contributing to moving the game along. Ba-ba-ba until you fall asleep for all I care, but if everyone just stubbornly sat around on their own votes, the game would go nowhere and eventually the NKs would kill us all. No one should feel pressured to avoid wagons they agree with; THAT is antitown for sure.

Otherwise, your attitude is also becoming even scummier. Threatening votes isn't real scum-hunting. Voting is scum-hunting. If you think someone is scum, you vote for them. Instead, you got mad and threatened me, and that approach just makes it look like really bitter OMGUS ('I called solidstate town and he voted for me? *rage*).
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Post by McStab »

In post 134, DoomYoshi wrote:Hmm, so Elmo, PB, seilkops, mcstab, defender and Sivure are all in various stages of inactivity.

Of the 7 players left: bitmap, inte, myself and the ponies don't interest me.

Which leaves soldistate or demon core as interest points. Demon core is onto me for unspecified reasons. Still waiting on more clarification there.
Soldistate seems more town than anyone
. Willing to bet that our 6 inactives contain the scum. Also probably why Sivure wanted to replace out, no?

I am watching that slot like a hawk now. Maybe we should just lynch the slot to save yabba the work?

Why the sudden change of heart?

I don't care if he claimed doc, I want to lynch him now. He's scum. There's no point in letting scum live.
Applejack
Applejack
Goon
Applejack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Post by Applejack »

In post 174, seilkops wrote:I've never played with either of these ponies (RD,AJ), but I don't like their buddy buddyness.

We've played together in several games, with the most recent two as opposite alignments. I'm hoping we're on the same side this time because a pony alliance would make this game at least 20% cooler; it might be the same with Rainbowdash.

In post 166, DoomYoshi wrote:You weren't even here so you can't say "oh doom yoshi isn't scumhunting". you know who isn't scumhunting? The 6 inactives we had!!

Does this mean the other 7 active players were scum hunting and that you thought they were all town?
Now listen here. What I'm sayin' to you is the honest truth.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by inte »

hey yoshi man this isn't looking good
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
DoomYoshi
DoomYoshi
Goon
DoomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by DoomYoshi »

In post 177, McStab wrote:
In post 134, DoomYoshi wrote:Hmm, so Elmo, PB, seilkops, mcstab, defender and Sivure are all in various stages of inactivity.

Of the 7 players left: bitmap, inte, myself and the ponies don't interest me.

Which leaves soldistate or demon core as interest points. Demon core is onto me for unspecified reasons. Still waiting on more clarification there.
Soldistate seems more town than anyone
. Willing to bet that our 6 inactives contain the scum. Also probably why Sivure wanted to replace out, no?

I am watching that slot like a hawk now. Maybe we should just lynch the slot to save yabba the work?

Why the sudden change of heart?

I don't care if he claimed doc, I want to lynch him now. He's scum. There's no point in letting scum live.

I have presented in two posts why the sudden change in heart.

In post 178, Applejack wrote:
In post 174, seilkops wrote:I've never played with either of these ponies (RD,AJ), but I don't like their buddy buddyness.

We've played together in several games, with the most recent two as opposite alignments. I'm hoping we're on the same side this time because a pony alliance would make this game at least 20% cooler; it might be the same with Rainbowdash.

In post 166, DoomYoshi wrote:You weren't even here so you can't say "oh doom yoshi isn't scumhunting". you know who isn't scumhunting? The 6 inactives we had!!

Does this mean the other 7 active players were scum hunting and that you thought they were all town?

No, I was pointing out the hypocritical mess of an argument, not trying to defend active players.

In post 179, inte wrote:hey yoshi man this isn't looking good

Agreed.

Mcstab, soldistate, I'm sorry I was mean to you. Now that I have dropped the attitude, i still think a)soldistate is mindlessly bandwagoning and b)mindlessly bandwagoning is scummy.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by McStab »

All other things aside, I didn't take anything personally, I hope you haven't taken anything I've said personally either. It's all in good fun.
DoomYoshi
DoomYoshi
Goon
DoomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by DoomYoshi »

K.

Could you address my replies to your points for the reasons I am scum? Or do you concede all open points?
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by McStab »

In post 121, solidstate wrote:
In post 117, Applejack wrote:
However, for the sake of actually being on a wagon since no one is on RBD with me, I'll
UNVOTE:
VOTE: inte

And this wasn't shamelessly bandwagoning? Solidstate's behaviour hasn't changed, you've just started attacking it because he's bandwagoning against you.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by inte »

In post 121, solidstate wrote:
However, for the sake of actually being on a wagon since no one is on RBD with me, I'll
UNVOTE:
VOTE: inte
Show

solidstate
solidstate
Goon
solidstate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by solidstate »

Mcstab, while I agree his behavior is not good, I don't think we should lynch him today and I'm not going to move my vote back. Seil is extremely valuable to the town, and so keeping around a potential doctor is important. Also (and I think this is what Applejack was implying) having more claimed/known identities will make our hunting more accurate. Yoshi will be under suspicion as long as he lives (and more so the longer he lives, in fact) so locating another suspect is efficient.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by inte »

ima go ahead and put you into my town pocket

for now
Show

seilkops
seilkops
Goon
seilkops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by seilkops »

It would take a counter-claim for me to move my vote back to DY. I really don't think we should try and make him our main wagon today, McStab. A doc is a doc, no matter how bad you think he plays.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 186, inte wrote:ima go ahead and put you into my town pocket

for now

How? I completely fine lynching soild right now, his last few posts have been beyond awful.

@Mcstab - Why a PR lynch? You saw how that worked in the past when I got the "scummy PR" lynched, leaving DY alive tells us a lot about the setup that only scum would know at this point.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Cartographer
Cartographer
Goon
Cartographer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:34 am

Post by Cartographer »

I am back after a brief vacation. I will make a post after 5 o'clock today. Perhaps earlier, if I can find time.

Thank you.
You make your own path
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 am

Post by inte »

In post 188, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 186, inte wrote:ima go ahead and put you into my town pocket

for now

How? I completely fine lynching soild right now, his last few posts have been beyond awful.

@Mcstab - Why a PR lynch? You saw how that worked in the past when I got the "scummy PR" lynched, leaving DY alive tells us a lot about the setup that only scum would know at this point.

it was a tentative "eh i can see myself saying that as town" moment
Show

Cartographer
Cartographer
Goon
Cartographer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:18 am

Post by Cartographer »

In post 146, Applejack wrote:We seem to agree that solidstate is town, so I don't see what the disagreement is...?

We agree
now
, yes. At the time of your post, you were calling other players town, mentioned DoomYoshi and Solidstate, and withheld your opinion of Solid. I am sorry if this seems too trivial or argumentative, Apple; but what was your read at the time of the post I originally mentioned?

Rainbow, why have you not answered my questions? Moreover, you will explain the "obvious" conclusions you mentioned in this post. Not everyone is used to the formalities or concepts of this site. I hope I am not just saying that about myself.

I am surprised no one said anything about this after you specifically said in this post that you withhold information as scum.

I have a problem with your play, Rainbow. This problem also slightly applies to Applejack as well. However, I fear I may be close minded with regards to Applejack. I just do not trust her. Continuing, Rainbow (and Applejack) you both are calling numerous players town at a very early stage in the game whilst only passively pushing the players you are calling scum. Where is your conviction? Where is your reasoning?

Before I forget, Apple, I very much dislike your comment toward inte. The comment tiptoes the line of sleuthing for his role and contributes largely to the reason that I do not trust you.

McStab, is this your normal behavior?

Seilkops, who are you referring to when you say 2 conf townies? I hope yourself and DoomYoshi?

Yabba
, my second post contains a tag error (a URL tag error to be more specific). Could you correct it, please?
Fixed! ~yabb

Many thanks.

Potentially more when I get home. I have to go now.
Last edited by yabbaguy on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
You make your own path
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 am

Post by inte »

their style of play is ... pro-scum, but is not alignment indicative

you have to wade through the bullshit
Show

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Vote Count:

13 alive, 7 to lynch

D3f3nd3r (4) - Elmo TeH AzN, Rainbowdash, Applejack, solidstate
DoomYoshi (2) - Cartographer, McStab
Applejack (2) - D3f3nd3r, seilkops
Demon Core (1) - Prolapsed Brain
Cartographer (1) - inte
solidstate (1) - DoomYoshi

Not Voting: Bitmap, Demon Core

Deadline: Sep. 25
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Applejack
Applejack
Goon
Applejack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Applejack »

In post 191, Cartographer wrote:We agree
now
, yes. At the time of your post, you were calling other players town, mentioned DoomYoshi and Solidstate, and withheld your opinion of Solid. I am sorry if this seems too trivial or argumentative, Apple; but what was your read at the time of the post I originally mentioned?

At the time of post 117, I had a null read on solidstate but disliked that he was mostly pointing things out but not being proactive about it. By the time you questioned me in post 145, I had a town read of solidstate, as seen in post 125.

In post 191, Cartographer wrote:I have a problem with your play, Rainbow. This problem also slightly applies to Applejack as well. However, I fear I may be close minded with regards to Applejack. I just do not trust her. Continuing, Rainbow (and Applejack) you both are calling numerous players town at a very early stage in the game whilst only passively pushing the players you are calling scum. Where is your conviction? Where is your reasoning?

Quoth Petyr Baelish: Not trusting
me
us was the wisest thing you've done
since stepping off your horse

Anyway, if you'd like reasoning for a specific player, feel free to ask. Early game is one of the best -- if not
the
best -- times to get town reads, as town will be acting naturally, and that's easy to catch; furthermore, as town, one knows how one is acting and can spot that in others, as well.

I'm only passively pushing people because I haven't gotten a scum read strong enough to justify doing so. At the moment, I have a few town reads, quite a few null reads, and a couple of people I'm sitting on (you, after Siveure DtTrikyp's odd behavior prior to replacing out, and D3f3nd3r, who is probably going to flake from this game).

In post 191, Cartographer wrote:Before I forget, Apple, I very much dislike your comment toward inte. The comment tiptoes the line of sleuthing for his role and contributes largely to the reason that I do not trust you.

I worded that poorly. I wanted to know if inte somehow had a town read of D3f3nd3r and, if he did, to explain it because I wasn't seeing it.

I can see what you're saying if inte was trying to defend D3f3nd3r, but he's not; he's basically said to let D3f3nd3r be vigged. Rhetorical question: Can you think of any role where that sort of request is justified?
Now listen here. What I'm sayin' to you is the honest truth.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:35 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 191, Cartographer wrote:Rainbow, why have you not answered my questions?

1) It feels like a town question from a "well maybe it would have worked" standpoint
2) She essentially claimed VT in an earlier post without trying. This is a tell I often work with that is way more accurate than picking at random.

Moreover, you will explain the "obvious" conclusions you mentioned in this post. Not everyone is used to the formalities or concepts of this site. I hope I am not just saying that about myself.

Its a semi-open setup. Conclusions can be instantly drawn about the setup by what happens tonight, will explain if im alive tomorrow but really think about it, this isnt really the complex aspect of this setup. Claiming in tiers is where it gets more heavily theoried.

I have a problem with your play, Rainbow. This problem also slightly applies to Applejack as well. However, I fear I may be close minded with regards to Applejack. I just do not trust her. Continuing, Rainbow (and Applejack) you both are calling numerous players town at a very early stage in the game whilst only passively pushing the players you are calling scum. Where is your conviction? Where is your reasoning?

I dont tend to get too riled up about town reads until they are under attack, then I go all loyalty mode and tend to defend them more then they defend themselves. Defender is scum for continually avoiding taking stances on most of the game, no clue why he is voting AJ right now and the only thing he really has commented on is apparently liking Elmo for town because he was victim of a random wagon.
You don't earn
loyalty
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:45 am

Post by inte »

d3f3nd3r is like PMysterious or Pizzadudes7, but slightly easier to understand
If he is town, let him try to scumhunt and help do whatnot.
Eventually he will need to be picked off though
Its a waste of a lynch
Show

Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

I'm going to move my vote here
VOTE: DoomYoshi

The ponies are not Dying today
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Those of you who want my meta:

Ask Inte. He's played a game with us both town and one with us both scum.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 198, D3f3nd3r wrote:Those of you who want my meta:

Ask Inte. He's played a game with us both town and one with us both scum.

So instead of talking about the game you say we should listen to the player who is saying we shouldnt lynch you today?

Awesome.

Lynch now?
You don't earn
loyalty

Return to “Completed Open Games”