Open 444: Nightless Vengeful Mayhem! OVER, MVPs!

Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 am

Post by Eidolon »

Wait, wait, wait. did i miss something. ARE THERE NO FLIPS IN THIS GAME? O.o gahhhhh
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Eidolon »

oh, nevermind, i think i misunderstood what whiskers said. there are no flips
yet
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:40 am

Post by Eidolon »

I see that it's getting no where by dismantling rapids case, so i'm just going to point out why RBD has done townie things and why RBD should not be lynched today. it won't be a long post and it'll be later, but HOPEFULLY we can move on because Rapid is the only one supporting this lynch so far and we need to get a scum lynched. lurkers will have a hard enough time catching up as it is.

Rapid, consider that. You made your points already so don't argue them anymore. If they stand up on their own, latecomers will argee with them, if not, they won't.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:02 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

I am not letting Yabba get lynched today and will do absolutely everything in my power to stop that lynch from happenning.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:07 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

We need more inactives to lon on and vote RBD.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:08 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 327, Eidolon wrote:I see that it's getting no where by dismantling rapids case, so i'm just going to point out why RBD has done townie things and why RBD should not be lynched today. it won't be a long post and it'll be later, but HOPEFULLY we can move on because Rapid is the only one supporting this lynch so far and we need to get a scum lynched. lurkers will have a hard enough time catching up as it is.

Rapid, consider that. You made your points already so don't argue them anymore. If they stand up on their own, latecomers will argee with them, if not, they won't.

You just said you were going to argue why RBD is town. She is not.

I'd settle for a Johnny or Whiskers lynch though. See how Whiskers was defending RBD? That's not town.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:19 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Oh, and Eidolon, please do elaborate on how she has done "townie things." Her second post was mediocre at best but you were practically drooling over it because she voted the person who insulted you. You can't be serious. Go back and think logically about her motivations for doing it. We can come back to Yabba later if necessary. Lynch RBD, if she flips town, we can consider Yabba, but if she flips mafia, agree to let it go.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:20 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Or whiskers or Johnny. Their behavior speaks for themselves.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:21 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:I was just about to Unvote and Vote whiskers but here comes RBD's next post which doesn't serve to alleviate my suspicion but only increases it.
Alright, here we fucking go.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:At this point, RBD is flailing as can be seen by her usage of emotive language and characterization of scumhunting as "upset." For instance, when I call her scum, she says I am "upset" at her in order to discourage scumhunting and also to minimize the FOS on her.
Wrong. You are upset. Or, at least, you look upset. RD says you're scum, so you have this explosion of why she must be scum. It boils down to, she suspected you.
In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:She also misuses the word OMGUS. I pointed out that the reasoning she uses to FOS me was invalid but she tries to characterize it as OMGUS because she accused me first. A scumread doesn't become invalid if they accuse you first. It is the reasoning that matters.
Wrong. You are OMGUSsing hard. Pretty hard. Look-- when another player disagrees with you, you attack her, too! Yeah, call it discrediting, whatever, but you OMGUS like crazy in every game I've ever seen you attacked in.
In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:She also uses the word "complaining" about a wagon to undermine what I was trying to say.
You
WERE
complaining! You voted Yabbaguy in one post and said, "We shouldn't quicklynch!" in the next, even though you were contributing to the wagon that was a candidate for quicklynch. Like others should move their votes so you can have yours on him, but not lynch.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:I too could start using emotive language and start saying "RBD is whining and complaing and crying about her beloved quicklynches" but I won't.
But, see, she's not.
In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:I bring this up to alert readers to the emotive language she is using and to disregard arguments of that nature that she makes.
This is the definition of discrediting.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:She downplays her comments on associative tells. She had previously said that one of me or Shaded flipping scum means that the other would need to be snap-lynched. Under pressure, she now modifies it to mean that she was merely pointing it out for others after she was dead.
She gave a read. Also, it's not an "Associative tell" until one of you flips scum. She drew a connection between you. In this game, you don't just give your reads [at the end of the day], because you could die at ANY time.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:Regarding her definition of a quicklynch - just because she says something is a quicklynch wagon doesn't mean that it is. I specifically said that my vote was not for a quicklynch. I can call it a regular wagon if I like. Her response does nothing to refute this analysis. I voted because I thought Yabba was scum. He did nothing to convince me otherwise. Only a more obvious scummy - RBD showed up.
Do you really not get this? If a player is being "quick-waggoned," and you hop onto that wagon as it's going up, then you are on the quickwagon. It's not as though you're unaware of how fast the wagon is moving-- if you really don't want a lynch on that player at that point in time, then you really shouldn't vote for him.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:Also, notice how in the last post, she says I need to stop accusing her and Whiskers because she might later push a lynch on me? She is threatening me as opposed to voting for me. It is a good mafia tactic if the townie doesn't know what he is doing or if the townie isn't competent enough. It is attempt to discourage me from FOSsing her as opposed to an accusation.
That is not what she said. She said that you need to stop OMGUSsing (even if you find reasons for it, the two players you've attacked are the two players who have doubted or suspected you), because the stupid pushes will get you lynched. Remember Siv? Only this time, you're NOT confirmed town. Someone was willing to lynch you when you were confirmed town because this (thing you do) is so bad.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:As to why I think Whiskers is scum, it is because of the tone of the response, not just the response itself. Also, RBD is minimizing and ignoring large chunks of analysis. Let's take a look at this: "Now you are attacking Whiskers because she also disagrees with your case."

Then take a look at . See how the justification I provided is butchered by RBD? This is the sort of thing that makes me believe she is scum - mis-representing analysis.

But, look at 286. You point to one game of mine, you tell me I'm defending Rainbow Dash. Well... it's true! I'm defending Rainbow Dash because you're being destructive in attacking her. The things you're attacking her for don't really make sense, aren't really scummy.
I disagree with your case.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:RBD, it is time we stop going back and forth without any real substance.
Great, since you're the one that started the whole thing...
In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:If you think I am scum, vote me.
Why? Why can't she do something else? Why does everything have to be about you, RC? But look: She didn't say you were scum, she said that there's a link between you and SM.
In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:Her backing off when I accuse her is proof that she is scum scared that she might be killed. Would a townie not be willing to take that chance? I am okay with the chance of getting killed because I am convinced RBD is scum.
A townie wouldn't stupidly push once her mind has changed. RBD looks at your reaction and your play. It's not that you accused her or something: If you look, her reasoning was along the lines of, "I don't think scum would even play this bad."

Now, here is a great idea. RBD thinks she is absolutely awesome at finding scum which justifies lynching her on day 1 because even on the off-chance that she is town, she will likely catch scum. She is our best lynch target for today.[/quote] Actually, it would be cool to lynch scum, or, like you want, to try to scumhunt and maybe get some reactions from, oh, idk, running somepony up to L-1.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:45 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 333, Whiskers wrote:
In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:I was just about to Unvote and Vote whiskers but here comes RBD's next post which doesn't serve to alleviate my suspicion but only increases it.
Alright, here we fucking go.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:At this point, RBD is flailing as can be seen by her usage of emotive language and characterization of scumhunting as "upset." For instance, when I call her scum, she says I am "upset" at her in order to discourage scumhunting and also to minimize the FOS on her.
Wrong. You are upset. Or, at least, you look upset.

Wrong. I am not upset. I think you are scum and you are desperate.

RD says you're scum, so you have this explosion of why she must be scum.

I made a clear case for why she is scum. You are trying to discredit it because you have no good response.

It boils down to, she suspected you.

No, her reasoning for suspecting me doesn't add up. That is why I think she is scum. Even on the off-chance that she is town, your voracious defense points to you being scum.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:She also misuses the word OMGUS. I pointed out that the reasoning she uses to FOS me was invalid but she tries to characterize it as OMGUS because she accused me first. A scumread doesn't become invalid if they accuse you first. It is the reasoning that matters.
Wrong. You are OMGUSsing hard. Pretty hard. Look-- when another player disagrees with you, you attack her, too! Yeah, call it discrediting, whatever, but you OMGUS like crazy in every game I've ever seen you attacked in.

I was already suspicious of you and Johnny. Your defence of RBD solidified and already existing scumread. Did you read that part or are you, like most scum, ignoring and misrepping information?

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:She also uses the word "complaining" about a wagon to undermine what I was trying to say.
You
WERE
complaining! You voted Yabbaguy in one post and said, "We shouldn't quicklynch!" in the next, even though you were contributing to the wagon that was a candidate for quicklynch. Like others should move their votes so you can have yours on him, but not lynch.
[/quote]

Giving my views about whether the wagon should be a quicklynch one or not is not "complaining." She uses that emotive language to discredit my argument and you are supporting her language. There is just no way, I can think of that you are town.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:Regarding her definition of a quicklynch - just because she says something is a quicklynch wagon doesn't mean that it is. I specifically said that my vote was not for a quicklynch. I can call it a regular wagon if I like. Her response does nothing to refute this analysis. I voted because I thought Yabba was scum. He did nothing to convince me otherwise. Only a more obvious scummy - RBD showed up.
Do you really not get this? If a player is being "quick-waggoned," and you hop onto that wagon as it's going up, then you are on the quickwagon. It's not as though you're unaware of how fast the wagon is moving-- if you really don't want a lynch on that player at that point in time, then you really shouldn't vote for him.
[/quote]

You just don't get this do you? I voted Yabba because at the time I felt he was scum. I don't give a fvck if other people quickwagon. I speficically asked that he not be lynched quickly. I had no fear that he was going to be hammered. Why? Because I told people not to quicklynch. This doesn't make his wagon a "quicklynch wagon."

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:Also, notice how in the last post, she says I need to stop accusing her and Whiskers because she might later push a lynch on me? She is threatening me as opposed to voting for me. It is a good mafia tactic if the townie doesn't know what he is doing or if the townie isn't competent enough. It is attempt to discourage me from FOSsing her as opposed to an accusation.
That is not what she said. She said that you need to stop OMGUSsing (even if you find reasons for it, the two players you've attacked are the two players who have doubted or suspected you), because the stupid pushes will get you lynched. Remember Siv? Only this time, you're NOT confirmed town. Someone was willing to lynch you when you were confirmed town because this (thing you do) is so bad.

Siv made a really dumb move voting a townie over a mafioso. He later reached LYLO and lost the game. I can't defend his skill in mafia. I on the other hand almost never lost a game at LYLO/MYLO as town on DDO and the only game on mafiascum where I have reached LYLO as town, town won.

In post 289, rapidcanyon wrote:As to why I think Whiskers is scum, it is because of the tone of the response, not just the response itself. Also, RBD is minimizing and ignoring large chunks of analysis. Let's take a look at this: "Now you are attacking Whiskers because she also disagrees with your case."

Way to ignore my analysis. You are desperate and you are answering before she has a chance to look through my case.

Then take a look at . See how the justification I provided is butchered by RBD? This is the sort of thing that makes me believe she is scum - mis-representing analysis.

But, look at 286. You point to one game of mine, you tell me I'm defending Rainbow Dash. Well... it's true! I'm defending Rainbow Dash because you're being destructive in attacking her. The things you're attacking her for don't really make sense, aren't really scummy.
I disagree with your case.

You quoted background information I gave as a preview to my case and started screaming "not scummy, not scummy." Of course it won't be. The mere fact that you chose to quote it and say that it is not speaks to how invested you are in defending RBD.

A townie wouldn't stupidly push once her mind has changed. RBD looks at your reaction and your play. It's not that you accused her or something: If you look, her reasoning was along the lines of, "I don't think scum would even play this bad."

That is a coverup reason she is giving so she can cop out on pushing a lynch on me Day 1. She knows that if she goes after me and I go after her, there is 100% certainty that she will be dead. If town, she should be willing to take that chance in hopes of catching a mafioso.

Now, here is a great idea. RBD thinks she is absolutely awesome at finding scum which justifies lynching her on day 1 because even on the off-chance that she is town, she will likely catch scum. She is our best lynch target for today.
Actually, it would be cool to lynch scum, or, like you want, to try to scumhunt and maybe get some reactions from, oh, idk, running somepony up to L-1.

She is scum. I am postive. This will just be our insurance policy in case she flips town.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:46 am

Post by Eidolon »

Rapid, stop being a prick.

If your case is as strong as you think it is, it will stand up on its own. There is no need to drag it into the grave and make the whole town hate you in the process.

Whiskers, stop responding to him. it will just clutter everything up and make it more difficult to get any lynch to happen. You know that arguing with him like that is futile.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

I am not being a prick, you are. You are not seeing the obvious scum here and are drooling over a mafioso's posts. If you are not going to vote RBD, there is no point driving your Yabba case either. He is not getting lynched today. Maybe tomorrow but not today. I will do everything I can to stop it from happenning.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:49 am

Post by Eidolon »

Whiskers, if you keep arguing with him, I
will
take it as a scum tell. you were scum last game that you did this with him. you know it just f*cks things up for town by making everything cluttered and gets people unfocused on scum hunting.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:50 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

I don't mind lynching Whiskers today.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:51 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 336, rapidcanyon wrote:I am not being a prick, you are. You are not seeing the obvious scum here and are drooling over a mafioso's posts. If you are not going to vote RBD, there is no point driving your Yabba case either. He is not getting lynched today. Maybe tomorrow but not today. I will do everything I can to stop it from happenning.

You ARE being a prick. You ARE being an asshole. You are being anti-town and you should be policy lynched. I'm not even going to respond to you any more because you went back into your batshit mode.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:52 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

How am I being a prick?
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:54 am

Post by Eidolon »

You attack and insult anyone who doesn't agree with you.

It doesn't get town on your side.

It doesn't get a lynch to happen.

It's does exactly the opposite.

People will choose NOT to lynch someone just to spite you if you insult them, drive the post count up, and tunnel like crazy.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:57 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

- I haven't insulted anyone so far and don't intend to in this game or in the future. I have merely pointed out my scumreads. How is that pricky?

- You are doing pretty much the same thing. You are pushing a Yabba lynch which I don't agree with and don't want to happen. Everyone has their own goal - push their scumreads and defend their townreads. Why is it only pricky and anti-town when I do it?

- I haven't tunnelled. I gave 3 players I was willing to compromise on. If not Yabba, who will you lynch?

- If Yabba flips town, will you vote RBD the next day?
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:03 am

Post by Eidolon »

You just proved my point. You argue every f*cking thing to the ground. You might not have called everyone "FUCKING IDIOTS" like you did that other game, but you did insult me, called whiskers and johnny scum for disagreeing with you, and probably insulted them too, i'm not sure, cause i haven't caught up yet, because you just continue and continue and don't shut up and any townie will take an eternity to get caught up.

What purpose does your last post serve?

Do you honestly think it helps town?

Those are rhetorical questions, btw. Don't answer them.

I'm not responding to you anymore.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:15 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

I am sorry about my behavior. I just got really caught up in the moment. The responses given by Whiskers were just terrible and I was just itching to reply.

I will drop the issue. If everyone is agreed on voting Yabba, I will do it to speed up the process.

I am shocked that you would policy-lynch me. I don't give a fvck is RBD or Whiskers wanted to policy-lynch me but you saying made me re-consider. I hadn't realized how destructive I was being. It is what you said about taking a break. I sincerely want to be a more cool-headed player like you. It is just hard to put it into practice. So, I'll take the advice you gave me in a PM a couple days ago and not post for the rest of this DP unless to answer clarifying questions.

I'll wait for Klick and 2b1s though. If they want to go with a Yabba lynch, I'll add my vote. But I want to give them the chance to consider that option.

Also, I apologize for saying that you were "drooling over a mafioso's posts". It was uncalled for and offensive. It came out in the heat of the moment before I had time to think. After I said it, I regretted it. I am sorry. I respect your skills in this game very much. I think it came down to the fact that I was ticked off that I put much more effort into this game than someone who made 10 posts, yet you commended their efforts.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:33 am

Post by Eidolon »

Rapid, it's okay. I'm harsh with you because i know how to get through to you.

It's not that you should be inactive, or even back down from your stances when you are sure on them, just don't get so carried away.

I know you are a good player and have accurate reads often. I will consider RBD. But I can only do that with a clear head. I can't have a clear head with constant back-and-forth attacks.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:14 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Unvote

It is completely impossible for all three of RBD, Whiskers, and Johnny to be mafia. Maybe one of them really is mafia. But no way all three of them are mafia. It is completely impossible and I am stupid for believing it even for an instant. Mafia don't all defend each other. And it is just incredibly stupid to believe that a good player like Whiskers would defend the mafia dayvig. Of course it makes sense if RBD was town and I wrongly accused her for scum-Whiskers to leap in and attack the case. It is entirely plausible that I did really pin mafia with RBD but town-Whiskers wasn't convinced. Could be all 3 are town but I don't think so.

Anyways, I am convinced enough to lay off of them and vote Yabba based on Eidolon's initial case.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:14 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

:neutral:

I'm gonna come back in 24 hours in the hopes that someone else says something.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:05 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Mod scene incoming...
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Suddenly, Eidolon falls to the ground.

Upon one player searching the body, you find no evidence that the dead Eidolon was of the Mafia.

Eidolon,
Vanilla Townie
, was dayvigged Day 1.

Votes have been reset.

Kimor replaces ShadedMelee.

The deadline has been extended to 10/5.

It is now six to lynch.

Return to “Completed Open Games”