micro 38: 7p micro normal

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by TwoUpstandingGentlemen »

That last post was by Majiffy.

-Majiffy.
If you're not sheeping us, we're obviously not being sarcastic enough.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

@TUG
I never said that it wasn't a lie.
I never said that he was town.

What I did say was that your way of calling him scum is ridiculous and scummy.

You started it off with calling him scum for RQS. Which is just dumb and ignorant.
Then you called his assessment BS. What did you expect? instant catching of scum from a couple of fluff RQS questions?
Then you went into this whole giant mess about how he BLATANTLY lied.

His reaction is clearly coolheaded and logical. I can see a town tell in that alone.

Yet you continue to bash him for something that YOU blew out of proportion to use as a weapon against him.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Battousai »

Thor
- You mean, this case?
"Allow me to help you and restate it using small words and focused on your obvious lie that means that we should already have lynched you if town had three brain cells to rub together.

1. You "assess" my answer to your RVS by saying I'm playing to my playstyle.
2. You call me suspect for how I'm pushing votes...but distance from it with an offhand comment about being unsure if that's normal for me.

SO! Let's look at that. You apparently researched my playstyle or played with me enough to understand how I react to (derp) RQS. But, in all of that reading and looking you NEVER LEARNED HOW I PUSH WAGONS.
I do not believe that. It is a lie. It means you are either lying about not knowing that, or you were lying about knowing how I react to RQS. That means you're faking your scumhunting, and that means your role PM is not town.
It is known."

Why do you want me to address it?

Emp:
I find it very possible. Their posts to each other aren't that strong (Robo's actually makes himself look scummier, even though he thinks Thor is scum). Then there's Kimor. If you look at Robo's scumlist, he has him at null, which is a good place to put it for a Thor/Robo scumteam. It leaves the ability to credibly vote Kimor later if others start to agree with Thor's case on him.
Kimor
Kimor
Goon
Kimor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by Kimor »

In post 82, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13188

Found that.
No RQS.
No other games with you that I found.
I do openly state in that game that I think RVS and early aggression is a good thing.
I'll admit I actually don't really believe that you remembered something from over two and a half years ago regardless.

Look forward to the full response when you have "time"

Unimpressed. Your case against me is that you dislike RQS and that I forgot how a game went years ago. Shockingly enough, I don't remember everything that occurs to me, and I don't remember every game I played before. Imagine that. Is this seriously what passes for play these days?

I am, however, not convinced that he is scum. I don't know that scum would be pressing so hard on such a risky attack.

Ovya, in regards to the kissing up thing, I was referring to your answer to the first question about RQS vs. RVS. You seemed to compliment it, then side with TUG.

Mykonian, could we get a vote count, please?
Kimor
Kimor
Goon
Kimor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by Kimor »

Nevermind, missed the one on the last page. Sorry about that.

Vote: Empking

I find his suggestive post to Battousi to be somewhat suspicious. He says very little, then prods Battousi to firm up a suspicion without casting a vote there himself.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 104, Kimor wrote:I find his suggestive post to Battousi to be somewhat suspicious. He says very little, then prods Battousi to firm up a suspicion without casting a vote there himself.

Why is that suspicious? I saw something that al first glance looked contradictory and asked to see if there was any rigor there (which there was; Batt's pretty strongly scumhunting which in a 7p game makes him close to conftown.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 103, Kimor wrote: Is this seriously what passes for play these days?

Perhaps you are scum.

Battousai wrote:
Emp:
I find it very possible. Their posts to each other aren't that strong (Robo's actually makes himself look scummier, even though he thinks Thor is scum).

I see nothing in here that says that a TUG/Robo scumteam would NOT be good looking.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:34 pm

In post 105, Empking wrote:(which there was; Batt's pretty strongly scumhunting which in a 7p game makes him close to conftown.)

Strongly scumhunting? By disregarding 1/2 of a playerslot which he (while, albeit not incorrectly) assumes is an asshole based off... what? Nothing? I've never even played a game with him.

No, he's far from "strongly scumhunting".

In post 106, Robocopter87 wrote:I see nothing in here that says that a TUG/Robo scumteam would NOT be good looking.

Well we made a pretty good scum team together, adding Thor into the mix would just make it sexier... So I think refuting that we would make a good-looking scum team is akin to smashing your face into a brick wall and wondering why your forehead hurts.

-Majiffy
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 107, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:By disregarding 1/2 of a playerslot which he (while, albeit not incorrectly) assumes is an asshole based off... what? Nothing?

Both halves have the same alignment.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:42 pm

And disregarding a half of a player, citing a playstyle tell claiming it to be an alignment tell is "strongly scumhunting"... how?
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:43 pm

-Majiffy

It's really hard to remember signing.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 109, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:And disregarding a half of a player, citing a playstyle tell claiming it to be an alignment tell is "strongly scumhunting"... how?

Those aren't the bits that are strongly scumhunting :wink:

*"clearly" woud have been a better word than "strongly" in hindsight.
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:00 pm

By all means, elaborate me on your read of him, then.

-Majiffy
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by Empking »

Tug:
In post 102, Battousai wrote:I find it very possible. Their posts to each other aren't that strong (Robo's actually makes himself look scummier, even though he thinks Thor is scum). Then there's Kimor. If you look at Robo's scumlist, he has him at null, which is a good place to put it for a Thor/Robo scumteam. It leaves the ability to credibly vote Kimor later if others start to agree with Thor's case on him.

This quote looks like the story was thought up before I asked. This suggests pro-active town hunting rather than reactive behavior.
Kimor
Kimor
Goon
Kimor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by Kimor »

In post 105, Empking wrote:
In post 104, Kimor wrote:I find his suggestive post to Battousi to be somewhat suspicious. He says very little, then prods Battousi to firm up a suspicion without casting a vote there himself.

Why is that suspicious? I saw something that al first glance looked contradictory and asked to see if there was any rigor there (which there was; Batt's pretty strongly scumhunting which in a 7p game makes him close to conftown.)

I don't see an obvious contradiction in Battousi's post regarding the possibility of Robo and TUG being scum together. It still looks to me like you're waltzing in and going, "Hey, Battousi, you know what would be great?", without sticking your neck out and hitching the ponies up to a wagon.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 114, Kimor wrote:I don't see an obvious contradiction in Battousi's post regarding the possibility of Robo and TUG being scum together. It still looks to me like you're waltzing in and going, "Hey, Battousi, you know what would be great?", without sticking your neck out and hitching the ponies up to a wagon.

He hadn't said that TUG and Robo were scum together. He voted TUG while saying that the other TUG voter was as scummy. That seems like a contradiction as at first glance they didn't look like possible scumbuddies.

I really don't think asking a player about another pair of players requires me to vote one of the pair.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 115, Empking wrote:
In post 114, Kimor wrote:I don't see an obvious contradiction in Battousi's post regarding the possibility of Robo and TUG being scum together. It still looks to me like you're waltzing in and going, "Hey, Battousi, you know what would be great?", without sticking your neck out and hitching the ponies up to a wagon.

He hadn't said that TUG and Robo were scum together. He voted TUG while saying that the other TUG voter was as scummy. That seems like a contradiction as at first glance they didn't look like possible scumbuddies.

I rather understated that: "Called TUG scum while calling the other TUG voter also scum" would be a better way of putting it.
Kimor
Kimor
Goon
Kimor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Kimor »

So you wouldn't expect Mafia to vote for one another?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 117, Kimor wrote:So you wouldn't expect Mafia to vote for one another?

They can but I'd expect them to have a reason to. I didn't see a reason for Roboscum to place a lazy vote on TUGscum.
Kimor
Kimor
Goon
Kimor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by Kimor »

In post 118, Empking wrote:

They can but I'd expect them to have a reason to. I didn't see a reason for Roboscum to place a lazy vote on TUGscum.

Distancing? Not expecting that TUG will actually get lynched here, but if he does, Robo gains town cred?

I'm starting to understand your logic a bit more, though. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I find your comment to be less scummy.

Unvote, vote: Cheery Dog
. I liked you at first, but now that things are gearing up, you are suspiciously devoid of content. For the rest of us, it's been the opposite.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 119, Kimor wrote:

Distancing? Not expecting that TUG will actually get lynched here, but if he does, Robo gains town cred?

I think the vote's too lazy to give enough credit to be worth the lynch.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

. I liked you at first, but now that things are gearing up, you are suspiciously devoid of content. For the rest of us, it's been the opposite.

*inserts contentless defence post*

but my lack of content is here because I haven't found anything that I feel is actually hinting towards either alignment that I can question and see if the hint is true or not
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 120, Empking wrote:

Do all bussings need to be hard out of the gate?
From what I have seen of them, I would say more often than not they start out slow and if it's a hardbus they will generally bring that out later.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 122, Cheery Dog wrote:

From what I have seen of them, I would say more often than not they start out slow and if it's a hardbus they will generally bring that out later.

It didn't look like it'd lead to a bus to my eye.
Kimor
Kimor
Goon
Kimor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by Kimor »

In post 121, Cheery Dog wrote:

*inserts contentless defence post*

but my lack of content is here because I haven't found anything that I feel is actually hinting towards either alignment that I can question and see if the hint is true or not

In post 122, Cheery Dog wrote:

This reads like you were initially going to leave it at the first post, then got nervous and added the second. Scummier than I thought.

Zvarri! The truth has once again been elegantly revealed to me!

Formerly known as Netopalis.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”