NY Mafia 155 - New Age Mafia II - Game Over!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:56 am

Post by Glork »

Also,
Quag
: Why exactly did you target Hoopla with your investigation? In , you cited Hoopla's 569, but even after that in your , you listed her as "leaning town." You even responded to her 579, so it's obvious you were reading/paying attention. What exactly made you change to Hoopla and not Simenon, Glork, or Flameaxe -- all of whom were higher on your list?

Furthermore, the sequence of nightkills appears designed to maximize Quag's credibility. The scums picked off every claimed power role except the two claimed gunsmiths and AGar, then inexplicably decided to off Hoopla (Quag's target) instead of killing KoC, Quag, or AGar. Hoop's suspicions really weren't very outstanding -- she wanted Scooby dead over Michel and only acquiesced when redFF became the alternate lynch candidate. Last night's kill is even more puzzling (cue the "Glork is making a play on Quag" counter-argument). With Quag's target down as town, and Quag actually participating while AGar does his best to look like a gambitting Serial Killer by lurking and generally being terrible, why would the scums keep him alive? (Rhetoricsl question by the way, the three possible answers are obvious.)

Like... There's plenty of evidence suggesting Quagscum. People just seem to want to ignore it for whatever bullshit reasons that nobody has actually given.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Quagmire »

The problem with your case is that it sucks and your evidence is bad. I'll have time to go over stuff in the next couple days.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by Quagmire »

In post 1325, Glork wrote:Also,
Quag
: Why exactly did you target Hoopla with your investigation? In , you cited Hoopla's 569, but even after that in your , you listed her as "leaning town." You even responded to her 579, so it's obvious you were reading/paying attention. What exactly made you change to Hoopla and not Simenon, Glork, or Flameaxe -- all of whom were higher on your list?

As I said here, I did a re-analysis on day one's posts between d1 and d2 to use my claim on. I noticed Hoopla didn't talk about nhammen at all upon replacing into the game, and thought she was an innocuous enough target to not get picked off by scum, or another informational role.

Furthermore, the sequence of nightkills appears designed to maximize Quag's credibility. The scums picked off every claimed power role except the two claimed gunsmiths and AGar, then inexplicably decided to off Hoopla (Quag's target) instead of killing KoC, Quag, or AGar.

Because we're not power roles anymore? Is your head even in the game? We have our results; we're one-shot; we're now as useful as a townie.

With Quag's target down as town, and Quag actually participating while AGar does his best to look like a gambitting Serial Killer by lurking and generally being terrible, why would the scums keep him alive? (Rhetoricsl question by the way, the three possible answers are obvious.)

Like... There's plenty of evidence suggesting Quagscum. People just seem to want to ignore it for whatever bullshit reasons that nobody has actually given.

This is super circumstantial and not really substantive. Not much for me to respond to.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Well, it looks like he have one mislynch left. If we pick someone at random, we'll have a 2/7 shot.

I'm pretty confident Tierce is town, and I still think it makes sense that KoC is town. I think CES/JDodge is pretty town also, which leaves my candidates at Rhinox-Glork-redFF, in no particular order.

Glork's been rubbing me the wrong way this entire game, but how much of it is due to his apathy? His case on me is pretty bad.

Rhinox still has that bizarre role thing, which doesn't make sense given the rest of the setup. I still think we should push that one until tomorrow, since I can equally envision his role being town or scum. Reminder that his role would only have been broken by one one-shot ability.

redFF has been Game Lettuce and the only reason to choose him would be to get rid of the players who haven't contributed much and you don't know much about.

Holding off my vote while I think some more (and OGML posts a vote count)

Also, my posting will be sporadic the next couple weeks as I work 60 hours/week in addition to my college courses. Life is insane at the moment.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Quagmire »

In post 1324, Glork wrote:Tierce, please explain why you think Quag's claim is not consistent with scum. It came late (last, in fact), mirrored another role for "credibility," and produced a result that never really served to help the town.

He also defended BOTH NHAM AND SINGER ( and respectively), and has spent literally the entire game going after probable protown players (Tierce, Glork, Rhinox?). He also showed a strong preference to wanting to lynch redFF over Michel/Sim, and generally backed Sim earlier.

Quag's play is consistent with scum who only threw down against his buddies when he absolutely had to.

Vote: Quag

Oh hey I missed this post. I attacked Tierce on day 1 only, when there was a major bandwagon on her.

I'm also super rusty and haven't played a game proper for years. (literally) It's the best way to say I was wrong about nham, and singer. Michel's always been on my kind-of-flaccid-kind-of-hard list of people to lynch, I think you can agree that's consistent.

Quagscum always busses at least one buddy, btw.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

If you're super rusty, then surely it'd be far from a given that you'd bus a buddy, no?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:03 am

Post by Quagmire »

No, actually, not at all. I'm sure you've noticed, but I can be very stubborn at times, to a fault. That's one of those things I almost always do at least once to avoid situations like this where I'm seen as waffly until shit is known to hit the fan. I've just simply been pretty wrong about who to feel strongly about so far this game.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:57 am

Post by Rhinox »

vote: redff

In post 1321, redFF wrote:Nope because I've tried to lynch rhinox all game and nobody wants to so im trying something else.

You're both scum doesn't matter who dies first.

Its because I'm town.

And Tierce is probably town too (unless she's scum with quag). If she was scum and wanted to attack the gunsmiths today, scum would have better chances going after quag knowing that glork was out there somewhere with a case to lynch quag. That is, unless quag is also scum with tierce.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:06 am

Post by redFF »

Why am I scum rhinox?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1324, Glork wrote:Tierce, please explain why you think Quag's claim is not consistent with scum. It came late (last, in fact), mirrored another role for "credibility," and produced a result that never really served to help the town.

He also defended BOTH NHAM AND SINGER ( and respectively), and has spent literally the entire game going after probable protown players (Tierce, Glork, Rhinox?). He also showed a strong preference to wanting to lynch redFF over Michel/Sim, and generally backed Sim earlier.

Quag's play is consistent with scum who only threw down against his buddies when he absolutely had to.

Vote: Quag

In post 1332, Rhinox wrote:
vote: redff

In post 1321, redFF wrote:Nope because I've tried to lynch rhinox all game and nobody wants to so im trying something else.

You're both scum doesn't matter who dies first.

Its because I'm town.

And Tierce is probably town too (unless she's scum with quag). If she was scum and wanted to attack the gunsmiths today, scum would have better chances going after quag knowing that glork was out there somewhere with a case to lynch quag. That is, unless quag is also scum with tierce.

In post 1333, redFF wrote:Why am I scum rhinox?

Still very fine with voting redFF.

Glork, the thing is that mirroring another claim does
not
normally give anyone credibility. It's something that raises eyebrows. It's a risky move to claim something that has already been claimed word for word. And frankly, no one went after Quagmire because you kept promising a case yesterday and then only showed up to complain about a mislynch. If you want Quagmire lynched, you are going to have to do better than that. I didn't think nhammen and singer were scum either, and iirc I stood with Simenon on a couple of instances, so the way you're painting Quagmire as scum for agreeing with scum doesn't convince me, when you're not showing how people with confirmed alignment (i.e. flipped scum) interacted with him. You're essentially accusing him of having bad interactions with scum, but town also does that--I want evidence that it's a two-way street.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:37 am

Town also commit scum tells, yes (wouldn't the game be so much easier if they did?). That is not an argument.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:39 am

What do you think of the argument put forth in , Tierce?

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 am

Post by Tierce »

Oh, wait--yeah, that reminded me of something I wanted to do, which was milking the massclaim order for connections. A moment, I'm grabbing that one.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 am

Post by Tierce »

redFF - VT
nhammen - VT
Tierce - VT
Rhinox - factional bulletproof + neighbor
Popcorned to Hoopla/umoms. Then the order fell apart because umoms is a flake, so there isn't really much to figure out from the others except any potential delays in claiming.

But... yeah, that makes redFF not scum, Glork had a great point about it.

UNVOTE: redFF
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Tierce »

I want to reread Knight of Cydonia's slot. Shea flurks as both alignments, but my impression is that he does it more as scum. (Of note, since it's no longer relevant, I wanted to see if you had more prevalence in replacing out of games depending on your alignment, redFF.) And bev's claim was late and safe, with a lot of roles claimed in the meantime he could fake info on in the off-chance he's not really a gunsmith.

Will try to reread this before the weekend.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by Tierce »

@OGML: KoC hasn't posted here in a week. Prod/replace, please?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 pm

Post by Glork »

KoC was the first gunsmith claim. I forgot that, and it makes him pretty likely town unless he and Quag are gambitting together.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:34 am

Post by Bella »

unvote
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:21 am

(If no one else feels like playing, give me my Quagmirelynch?)

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

In post 1341, Glork wrote:KoC was the first gunsmith claim. I forgot that, and it makes him pretty likely town unless he and Quag are gambitting together.

I'm sure as shit not doing anything with Quag.
Sorry for being away, chemo is a bitch and I don't trust myself to make rational posts in games during it.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:48 am

Post by Quagmire »

Vote Glork
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:49 am

Post by redFF »

I'd rather hold off on glork/quagmire and lynch someone scummy like rhinox or tierce.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:29 am

Post by Bella »

VOTE: Quagmire
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Quagmire »

Oh, cool. I'm going to get mislynched today, simply because I thought D1 massclaim was a bad idea.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:12 am

?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”