Micro 54: Slightly More Vengeful GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:08 am

Post by shos »

VOTE: maestro
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Nothing interesting is happening :P
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Maestro »

Yeah, just more OMGUS from shos...

Also just finished a game with shos where we were both acting like this and I was Town while he was Scum.
I thought this was the case in that game as well. (JK I JUST PICK ON SHOS, but not really.)

Vote shos, everyone?
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Maruchan »

nah i liek my grumplynch
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Maestro »

MaruMaruMaru... we can't keep going on like this. We have to lynch obvScum first, then get to other Scum.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by Maruchan »

i like my grumplynch. we can save shos who is decently-active for latur
Show
Join Now!

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Post by shos »

whhere did you get the omgus from in my post? it contained only a vote, lol. I specifically said and elaborated why I think you were scum last page iirc; I did not vote you at the time because I didn't want it to be in L-1. but ya know, game's gotta go on, and you're not reacting well to pressure. nobody else has even a slight scumread on my radar the way I see it, so you're going down.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

Seeking replacement...
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:51 am

Post by shos »

Maru: grumpy hasn't even picked his prod. how bout we lynch maestro, and in case he flips town, he will shoot grumpy? cuz if we do it the opposite then grumpy might not even send the vengekill.

pedit: NEVERMIND LOL :D

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:51 am

Post by shos »

Maru: grumpy hasn't even picked his prod. how bout we lynch maestro, and in case he flips town, he will shoot grumpy? cuz if we do it the opposite then grumpy might not even send the vengekill.

pedit: NEVERMIND LOL :D

guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:24 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 77, T-Bone wrote:Vote Count
Maestro - 2 (Grump, Om of the Nom)
shos - 1 (Maestro)
Grump - 1 (Guille2015)

Not Voting - 2 (Maruchan, shos)

At this point, I am thinking how likely will scum bus each other. I pretty much doubt that both scum are on Maestro-town Wagon. If Maestro is scum, then we could see one scum there (busing). Scum has the largest benefit if they lynch town though. Lynching town has a potential of getting two town killed. Which will give scum the victory.

So considering that Shos vote place Maestro at L-1 and Maru did not Hammer. Makes me think that either Maestro is scum or Maru is not scum. If Maestro is Town, he will shoot Shos. It is possible that they are both scum and that they are busing each other, but I find it unlikely. If shos is town and he is correct about Maestro, then one of Grump or OmNom is scum (and maru?). If shos is scum and Maestro is town, then the same conclusion can be got... I don't remember were I was going with this.

However:
shos wrote:whhere did you get the omgus from in my post? it contained only a vote, lol. I specifically said and elaborated why I think you were scum last page iirc; I did not vote you at the time because I didn't want it to be in L-1. but ya know, game's gotta go on, and you're not reacting well to pressure. nobody else has even a slight scumread on my radar the way I see it, so you're going down.
I did not like this post.
shos wrote:Maru: grumpy hasn't even picked his prod. how bout we lynch maestro, and in case he flips town, he will shoot grumpy? cuz if we do it the opposite then grumpy might not even send the vengekill.

It is obvious that if maestro is town he will shoot shos. Reluctance to vote for your killer and swaying the possible target to Grumpy is exactly what scum would do if Maestro, and Grumpy are town.

You are aware Shos that if Maestro is town, and you are town, that means that Town loses if he decides to shoot you shos.

I am thinking that Shos is scum.

Vote Shos
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 am

Post by Maruchan »

i think one of shos/guille is possibru scum now. not sure which. will have to mull it over later.
Show
Join Now!

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:52 am

Post by shos »

Soooo I read that post twice (110) and in both times I had a 'what the fuck' face all over me.

here's my analysis of your post, gullie;
you start with looking at the unupdated voteclount. you say that you doubt a Grump-Om scumteam with no reasoning(I have null on both, so please explain to me any thoughts about them). then you state the obvious fact that scum are better with a town lynch rather than a scum lynch. O RLY?
then you talk about how Maru didn't hammer. from that alone you get to the conclusion that Mari is town OR maestro is scum? it could be both, either, and neither; there really is no way you can conclude anything from maru not hammering. What made you so sure that if Maestro is town he will shoot me? then you say that if I'm right, then 100% that someone is bussing? and what does that "(and maru?)" mean? what makes you think that if I'm scum then maestro is town? and if that's true how the hell did you get to that conclusion?

...look I may just be asking why?why?why? etc etc, but my point is that you just gave us loads of speculations with no reasons, no specific opinions, no thoughts about the actual GAME(only the VC)...so you can see why it looks bad.

then the good part of the post:
why don't you like that post? :o maestro said that I OMGUSed him, and I clearly didn't, so that's my reaction to him; what's bad in that post?

the next quote:
it is, again, not obvious at all. and the next sentence, I didn't get it. if Grumpy and Maestro are town, then scum would not vote their killer(????) and sway the target to Grumpy?......who is their killer you're talking about? can't be maestro since I'm votin ghim.. >_>

and lastly, yes, of course I am aware of that fact. I don't think he's town, but yes.

this last part got me thinking. a mislynch in THIS game is worse than a regular vengeful, since the odds for a mislynchee to shoot scum are lower, and the result of a miss is a loss as well. if we lynch scum, they get to shoot whoever they wish, and it becomes like a regular vengeful after one scum died, except there is ANOTHER vengekill if town mislynches. if we lynch town, it's either game over, or the same condition. So...it's a setup that is more pro-scum. coming D2 we will HAVE to be 3-1; and then if we mislynch the vengekill must be accurate.
so...if we no-lynch today - aka, let scum have one free shot at someone - we get to a 5p vengeful which is precisely the same, except with better odds.

thoughts?

guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:23 am

Post by guille2015 »

I'm going to go out for lunch, so I have to be quick.

I posted the first two paragraphs as the ideas have been coming forth, but I didn't get too far with it. However I left it there because the points I have made made sense to me and I didn't want to forget them.

Here are my points:
*Considering that mafia will prefer to have the town lynched, then their priority is to get a town lynched, if that fails, bus a scum.
*If Maestro is town then Maru cannot be scum because he would have hammered.
*If Maestro is scum then it reflects that Maru could be scum withholding his vote, but I would think that scum Maru would rather bus Maestro and look good at it. This would mean that Maru is likely town.
*Grump and Om are not likely to be both scum since it would be to strong to have both scum so early on the same wagon.

Maestro has been voting for Shos, so I would guess that if Maestro is town and he get's lynched, he'd be voting for Shos. You'd withholding your vote makes sense for scum who is either worried of being shot by town or busing their partner. That is why I did not like your post #106. Trying to get Maestro to shoot Grumpy, will be an ideal situation for scum Shos if Maestro is town and Grumpy is also town.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:23 am

Post by shos »

alright guille is town for that second line in the last post. I only play that way as town. as scum you something questionable without reasons, you try to be as centered as possible, so I take 113 as a town reaction which fits with the last post.

Now let's see the points.
1. you're thinking wrong. mafia godfather is the only one who can bus. the goon has to do all he can, even if that means he would die, to save the godfather, since a gf lynched is game over. so practically - only the godfather can bus; which means bussing in a vengeful is not as likely.
2. that is wrong. inherently. scum have no use if they hammer and become obvscum, just to be shot at immediately. that is a false logical assumption.
3. No, because once again, if Maestro is the godfather, maru CANNOT bus him. it'll just win for town, no town cred available, just stupidity and rudeness aftergame, as in, blacklisting for playing against WC..you get it. so wrong again. that's 3/3 >_>
4. false. thinking that way is pure wifom; in the last vengeful, in which as scum, me and drmyshotgun won(ask maestro) we were cooperating nicely on the same thoughts, a tad of distancing of course but nevertheless the same wagon. it's wifomish.

that guess of yours is faulty as well. you are ignoring that fact that in case maestro gets hammered, it takes SOMEONE to hammer him, which in turn will probably make a difference in maestro's thinking. if maestro is town indeed, then if he gets lynched he will probably read through the whole game to see which of his wagoners is the correct shot, and even then..you get my point. you're assuming too much.

I'm not getting the part where I'm witholding my vote. you said it more than once now, butm maybe you did not ntoice, I AM ALREADY VOTING -_-; I explained preetttttty well why I didn't vote earlier, read the damn game. about bussing - see above; about worried of being shot - why would scum be worried of being shot? odds are on their favor, and my vote isn't even a hammer. if what you say is true, scum just wouldn't vote at all, just be passive and sheep people when they can, while trying to stay under the radar. but it's wrong. it doesn't work that way in mafia. I'd even say the opposite - more than not, it is TOWN who are responsible for mislynches.

...that post is wrong so much, lol, but I'm still willing to think you're town because of your join date and that second sentence.

Maestro goon, godfather is bussing him, I'd go with Om since grump just faded and I wouldn't expect that from scum...

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:57 am

Post by shos »

Oh and I just remembered:
UNVOTE:

you didn't respond to my suggestion with the no-lynch

guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 114, shos wrote:Now let's see the points.
1. you're thinking wrong. mafia godfather is the only one who can bus. the goon has to do all he can, even if that means he would die, to save the godfather, since a gf lynched is game over. so practically - only the godfather can bus; which means bussing in a vengeful is not as likely.
2. that is wrong. inherently. scum have no use if they hammer and become obvscum, just to be shot at immediately. that is a false logical assumption.
3. No, because once again, if Maestro is the godfather, maru CANNOT bus him. it'll just win for town, no town cred available, just stupidity and rudeness aftergame, as in, blacklisting for playing against WC..you get it. so wrong again. that's 3/3 >_>
4. false. thinking that way is pure wifom; in the last vengeful, in which as scum, me and drmyshotgun won(ask maestro) we were cooperating nicely on the same thoughts, a tad of distancing of course but nevertheless the same wagon. it's wifomish.

1. Is there a Godfather in this game?
2. Ah, but I would expect Maru to do it in an non-obvscum way. He will defenetley go back and check but his reads are that Maru is town and Sho is scum. His likely kill is Shos. Maru can take advantage of that situation though. If he is mistaken and maestro does indeed kill Maru, then it's not the optimal result but still acceptable for mafia. Enter LyLo with very little information as to who the last scum is. No sorry, not Lylo, but something weird because a mislynch would still be able to kill mafia in the vengeful kill. (I will continue this line of thought below).
3. Godfather? You counter is void.
4. Correct, it is wifom. I will retract that point. 1/4.

Considering that mafia enters a particularly less advantageous day 2. Makes me think that Busing something of an afterthought. If we reach Day 2, it means that there is 1 mafia and 3 town. At this point there are two shots to take out mafia. Either two days, or the lynched kills the last mafia. With that in mind, busing is not a good idea for mafia.

I think the no Lynch idea, will remove the inherent advantage that town has on Day 2. And very little information will probably be obtained from the free Kill.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:54 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 114, shos wrote:...that post is wrong so much, lol, but I'm still willing to think you're town because of your join date and that second sentence.

Maestro goon, godfather is bussing him, I'd go with Om since grump just faded and I wouldn't expect that from scum...

These two are fallacies BTW. I have a feeling that Grump is an Alt for somebody. I don't think you can conclude that I am town for that or that Grump is not the godfather for flaking.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:41 am

Post by shos »

@mod:
I assumed that the mafia are godfather and goon, am I correct?

if there is no godfather, my world will crumble, lol. this setup, without a godfather, is horribly pro scum, I think. I mean, having one extra player from a reg vengeful doesn't matter at all since well, the mafia are vengeful too, so we start in mylo, and the next day is guaranteed to be mylo as well if we have a lynch today(that is, if we even get a next day). so removing the godfather makes it even harder for town, and this means we're gonna have a real challenge. so really, what advantage does town have now?

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:46 am

Post by shos »

In post 838, Hoopla wrote:
Micro 52:

Announcing signups for a new game:

Micro 54:
Slightly More Vengeful Mafia
Setup:
Open
Mod:
T-Bone
0/6

"We are having more vengeance than ever! A 6th player joins the game! Be careful, as even the mafia might want revenge too..."

see, there SHOULD be a godfather.
so 1. yes (2/4)
2. any hammer so quick and without waiting for replacement/comments from inactive is inherently scummy. town just wouldn't do that so quickly. unless they're Klick XD
3. see answer to 1 lol.

that makes at worst 3/4 ;)

guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:05 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 119, shos wrote:
In post 838, Hoopla wrote:
Micro 52:

Announcing signups for a new game:

Micro 54:
Slightly More Vengeful Mafia
Setup:
Open
Mod:
T-Bone
0/6

"We are having more vengeance than ever! A 6th player joins the game! Be careful, as even the mafia might want revenge too..."

see, there SHOULD be a godfather.
so 1. yes (2/4)
2. any hammer so quick and without waiting for replacement/comments from inactive is inherently scummy. town just wouldn't do that so quickly. unless they're Klick XD
3. see answer to 1 lol.

that makes at worst 3/4 ;)

Well, 1 and 3 are dependent on there not being a godfather. Therefore if the setup does contain a godfather as a regular Vengeful, then 1 and 3 are void and not counted. aka they were right for the wrong setup.
I give you 1/2.

unless they're Klick XD
lol!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by shos »

...as quoted above the post by hoopla, I think it's a safe bet that there is a GF. but either way I asked the mod.

So how comes now *WE* are the only ones talking? I'm telling ya, Om/maestro/grump is our scumpool. we should just take them out one by one, and whoever flips town shoots one of the others in that pool. good game.

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Maruchan »

then y u no lynch grump with me?
Show
Join Now!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by T-Bone »

ImJadenYuki replaces Grump.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
ImJadenYuki
ImJadenYuki
Goon
ImJadenYuki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by ImJadenYuki »

Hey everyone.
I am Jaden Yuki,
but you knew that already.

I will be taking the place of Grump in this game, so expect me to become active later in the day.
By day I mean, today, in real time. It is currently 12:15 AM EST, and I just woke up.
/partyface

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”