absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 147, Aether wrote:I need reads to post reads, so post reads please!
This is bs.
Link me to one of your (completed) games please.
---
Declan_giggs wrote:
In post 132, RedCoyote wrote:Alright, I'm going to have to stop for now. I could barely get through 2 pages. I'm a little buzzed, and this game is kind of a snorefest. I get bored easily when I'm town. I'll have to read the rest of it tomorrow.

Real quick, this. Second post in the game, and feels the need to slip in a town claim? Has anyone even cast one vote on him?

Aether very quiet in this game. Rapidcanyon and at least one other need a prod from @mod.
Why don't you make yourself useful and vote him then?
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon
Location: In a globe of dark matter, blasting the web with dark energy

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 am

Post by Aether »

No completed games so far! Seriously, none.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:11 am

Post by shos »

You are not forgiven
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:53 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Slowly catching up... I'll try to post my thoughts tonight.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Goon
Abaddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:43 am

Post by Abaddon »

In post 134, Furcolow wrote:
In post 106, Abaddon wrote:To be fair, checking up on or reading the forums from a smartphone is very easy and convenient. Posting from a smartphone, especially a lengthy or complex post, is not.

and now you are being REALLY hypocritical, in comparison to you saying "stay on track" you post this?
looks like you're buddying up to radelle too
vote: Abaddon

1) If you're too dense to have gotten it the first time, yes, I'm callin you a village idiot. Your recent vomit of posts backs that up.
2) The above-quoted is directly on topic, as it was a on an alignment-independent habit that was being used to attack someone in-game.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:50 am

Post by absta101 »

Can you guys stop throwing the term VI around, it's getting quite ridiculous.

@Aether - You should complete a newbie game at least before you jump into these don't you think?
Do you have any experience off this website?
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by Aether »

In post 155, absta101 wrote:Can you guys stop throwing the term VI around, it's getting quite ridiculous.

@Aether - You should complete a newbie game at least before you jump into these don't you think?
Do you have any experience off this website?

[sarcasm]Yes. A warcraft III mafia mod made by Dark_Revenant where people just calculate the probability of mafia by lynch results and what not.[/sarcasm]
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Ok! Caught up on everything except this. I promise you guys my undivided attention and a nice wall post to admire here in just a bit.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

FT 8 wrote:because he's not voting randomly during RVS

What makes you say this?

---

Dg 27 wrote:Bulder, the problem with your declaring you will vote the next random voter is that you are conducting a personality test, not progressing the game.

You are finding out which player or players in the roster will defiantly say F U and still cast a random vote.

In effect, you are casting a random vote for a different reason than a random die roll, or you have played with a player recently, which is how I usually assign my random votes.

Whoa. You just blew my mind. I mean, lol, how do you conjure up this stuff?

---

buld 29 wrote:My vote is not random, it is just out of my hands who meets the criterion for it.

I dislike this comment. Trying to separate yourself from the responsibility of your vote seems scummy.

buld 36 wrote:how are you going to analyze something that is random?

Because nothing is random. Well, that's the short answer anyways. The truth is more complicated than that, but suffice it to say that I think there's a purpose behind everything, even if it's to appear "random".

---

shos 39 wrote:I'll reveal why I'm voting you later in the day, probably.

Why conceal it?

---

Radelle 40 wrote:So many words without actually saying, doing, or revealing anything. Blah blah blah RVS whine blah blah everyone is null. Fantastic. I don't get how shos finds this a good post either.

I agree with this 100%. This is the exact impression I got from his post, I just didn't know how quite to word it. I liked how you cut through the bs.

---

Dg 59 wrote:Just because he said he had a reason doesn't mean I have to believe it. Just because you say he has a reason, doesn't make you not his scum buddy. Oh if only I had two votes. Hey....I declare the one vote per player phase over! Vo....don

Yeah, and now you're acting nervous. Radelle and buld are barking up the right tree, I think.

---

Abaddon 60 wrote:You just created a false dichotomy. Either he doesn't have a real reason (OMGUS) or you don't believe he has a reason. You've already decided without actually considering his actions.

Agreed. You should be voting him.

Abaddon 65 wrote:Wholesale piggy-backed on Declan's case in post 27. Your follow-up about ending RVS early gives us nothing to go on is obvious fact for any veteran and is a game theory argument, not relevant to Town vs Scum, and one that had been implicitly spoken by everyone speaking against Bulder's ultimatum.

I disagree. You don't think he's being sincere? I'd have liked it better if he admitted that, in retrospect, Dg's post was silly and unhelpful, but I think his post 64 reads like he actually thought through the issue again for the better.

---

Fur 89 wrote:Radelle goes so far as to pretty much guarantee that he's town in a way that makes them look scummy

Ugh, I wish you weren't in this game, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I should've known you'd hit up my two biggest townreads, but your accusations leave a lot to be desired. Where does Radelle "guarantee" she's town? Why is that a scumtell? Do you guarantee that you're town?

Fur 96 wrote:Obviously, I know what the difference here is. It feels like you're fishing for roles, and that's bullshit.

haha oh wow

You know damn well those are synonomous. Quit screwing around.

---

Dg 122 wrote:Come to think of it, shouldn't someone be asking ABSTA what his vote is about, rather than what I'm doing? L-3 and all.

Why don't you? You're voting him after all.

Dg 122 wrote:*sarcasm* Eek. Scum could quick hammer now, if they aren't on the wagon. *sarcasm*

How is that sarcastic? It's as if you put sarcasm tags around it to try and conceal the fact that you're pointing it out in a bit of a panic.

---

shos 124 wrote:I'm betting there's like at least 2 scum in the lurkerpool of

If the Mod is scum, we're all in trouble. :P

---

Fur 133 wrote:town doesnt have to be a townie
townie is finite
town is infinite in role variation, but where this is an open setup, it can either be townie, faith healer, yadda yadda yadda

So pedantic. So useless. How can you not see how lame this entire argument is? If you actually believed it was as serious of a slip as you claim, you'd be voting City.

Fur 138 wrote:are you uneducated, or kinda slippery when buzzed?

What, you're saying you don't remember how much joy we've had playing together in the past?

If you're saying you enjoy reading buld vs Dg, then we're even more different than I had thought.

---

absta 141 wrote:Why are you asking City if he sees it? Trying to convince the person you're accusing makes no sense.

Because he's scum.

I agree with you though.

---

Dg 144 wrote:Second post in the game, and feels the need to slip in a town claim? Has anyone even cast one vote on him?

*shrug*

Take it or leave it. It's true.

---

Aether 149 wrote:This game makes my eyes bleed for some reason, so forgive me for not being active.

I don't. You're scummy for lurking, ignoring the important arguments in this game, and for asking us to excuse that lurking when you are capable of doing more than X is X% town.
Declan_giggs
Declan_giggs
Goon
Declan_giggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Declan_giggs »

In post 144, Declan_giggs wrote:
In post 132, RedCoyote wrote:Alright, I'm going to have to stop for now. I could barely get through 2 pages. I'm a little buzzed, and this game is kind of a snorefest. I get bored easily when I'm town. I'll have to read the rest of it tomorrow.

Real quick, this. Second post in the game, and feels the need to slip in a town claim? Has anyone even cast one vote on him?

Aether very quiet in this game. Rapidcanyon and at least one other need a prod from @mod.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RedCoyote

Pedit: like it even more now. Scolds Aether for lurking after being absent all game. Scolds me for fluff or something then fights with fur, just what we need another row.
Keeps promising contribution. Only contrib so far is an unsolicited town claim.

People at the house all day Saturday. Not likely to post at all.
Declan_giggs
Declan_giggs
Goon
Declan_giggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by Declan_giggs »

F$&@. Pedit should have been after everything. On phone sorry.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP: You know damn well those are
synonymous

[
Town
]----Radelle---Abaddon--absta--shos-buld--City-[
]FT-rapid-IJY-----Fur---Aether-Dg----[
Scum
]

I've been impressed with what Radelle and Abaddon have had to say in regards to putting Dg on the defensive. I especially like Radelle's aggression. absta has been nimble and quick to chime in. He was good to call Fur on his crap. I'm leaning neutral on everyone in the middle there.

Fur is scummy for a host of things, namely his poor argument against City. He expects us to believe that City subconsciously was trying to fish by using the terms town and townie interchangeably. His attempt to vote Dg seemingly out of the blue was suspect. He hadn't spoken ill of him prior to his vote, so him putting Dg at L-1 without announcing it wasn't something I was comfortable with. His attack of Radelle was meritless as well.

Aether is scummy for actively lurking and asking people to forgive him for not giving anything solid. His percentage town reads are strange and too wishy-washy for me. Why not just call people scummy/townie? He's kind of avoided the hard questions, I've noticed. Every time he has posted since those percentages have just been focused on meaningless, minor details that nobody cares about.

Dg is scummy for acting panicky, calculating (why aren't other people asking X questions), and confusingly fluffy. Radelle was good to point this out early. It's why I value her most of all. It all started with Dg's strange post 27. I still have trouble understanding exactly what he's trying to say with it. I hate it. It's so theoretical and full of nothing.

I'd be happy with any of these lynches today, but I'll give Aether a little love first.

Vote: Aether
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Dg 159 wrote:Keeps promising contribution. Only contrib so far is an unsolicited town claim.

What in the heck are you talking about? What do you call post 158? You think that just appeared out of thin air? I spent over and hour going back through this game and catching myself up.

Additionally, am I not allowed to suspect Aether for lurking? Why is it okay if he does it but scummy when I do it?

Why do you think I shouldn't argue with Fur? Do you think Fur needs you to stand up for him?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Ugh.

EBWOP: I spent over
an
hour
Declan_giggs
Declan_giggs
Goon
Declan_giggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by Declan_giggs »

Shoulda voted me then. Vote on Aether aint doin shit. This is me being panicky. Lol
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Don't worry; I will likely be doing that soon. :cool:
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Furcolow »

In post 144, Declan_giggs wrote:

i didnt like that post, either, but where it was his first post... and it's RC... I let it slide
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Furcolow »

In post 145, shos wrote:phone posting
I don't think its rokefishing
The onewho put at l-1 and didn't sat that's bad imo

i thought it might be the hammer
you mad?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by Furcolow »

RC, I thought you liked me. Whatever.

Abaddon, however, is over the line, and is going to constantly be getting my vote for the rest of his time in this game with me

unvote
vote: Abaddon

policy
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Post by shos »

@furc-then it's even worse, quickhammering just like that?
@RC - saying that DG is scummier and then voting aether? Way to avoid voting your buddy, only to postpone it so that u can bus when it's inevitable...
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:24 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

I've caught up though I'm too tired right now to post a lot of analysis. I pretty much agree with RedCoyote - Radelle, Abbadon, bulder in order from strongest to weakest town-read - Declan, Aether, Fur in order from strongest to weakest scum-read. I don't have clear reads on anyone else yet. shos has spent a lot of his recent posts just asking for content from lurkers, which is understandable, but it also seems like an easy way to appear pro-town without doing any scum-hunting, so not sure what to make of that yet. rapid definitely lurks as scum, so his inactivity here is definitely disconcerting. But I'll have to see how that plays out as well before making any definite assesments.

@RedCoyote, to answer your question, I was speaking somewhat ironically in my first post - rapid introduced me to mafiascum and has voted me first in every game I've played with him, so his vote wasn't exactly random...

For now, I'm gonna put my vote on Fur to keep our options open and cause his vote on Abbadon is terrible.

unvote vote Fur
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Post by absta101 »

In post 167, Furcolow wrote:
In post 145, shos wrote:phone posting
I don't think its rokefishing
The onewho put at l-1 and didn't sat that's bad imo

i thought it might be the hammer
I doubt that. Here you're just trying to make yourself look scummy for WIFOM.
If you're town, stop doing that.
---
@Aether
- So you have no evidence to support your %town reads. Good to know.
Also, why did you choose to use %town and not %scum?
---
@RC
- What's your opinion of City?
Aether
Aether
Goon
Aether
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Post by Aether »

Finding townies is usually better than finding scum. Finding one scum takes as long as finding five townies.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:38 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 172, Aether wrote:Finding townies is usually better than finding scum. Finding one scum takes as long as finding five townies.
You know this by experience?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:26 am

Post by borkjerfkin »