Townie
Epic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:27 pm

Post by Epic »

snipe

In post 398, Pandorica wrote:
In post 353, Epic wrote:I think the reason the reads aren't coming easy for me this game is because it's basically filled with either ultra serious posters that come off as contrived in their reasoning tonally, players who behave in a relatively scripted fashion, gimmick accounts, or all of the above at once.

which of these categories am i?

p sure it's none of the above for you but why do you care
Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:45 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

This is bugging me as I don't get it and it's going to remain on my concesus for at least the rest of this RL day if not the the game day.
In post 387, Titan wrote:Noir...did you not realize that Titan and Arthur were part the same people. Probably makes you townies for that actually.

How does not realising who is posting from the wrong account make him more town?
Especially in a 30 (35 if you include that the people hidden behind hydras) person game.

I get that it should be obvious since Arthur had quoted all of his posts with the hydra head, but I'm still not sure how that makes him town.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 401, Cheery Dog wrote:This is bugging me as I don't get it and it's going to remain on my concesus for at least the rest of this RL day if not the the game day.

Why did you need to post this part? It suggests to me that you thought there was something wrong with asking the question. If so, what was wrong with it?
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:36 pm

Post by Pandorica »

In post 360, SoraAdvent wrote:hello. should be obvious what typing quirk I'm using. anyway, I see nothing so far in terms of reads. it's all very confusing so far, and Robo's selfvote just makes it all the more confusing. i'll wait an IRL day or so and get back with some reads.

This is bad why did no-one else pick up on it.

Phillammon is terribad. Like, really really really terribad. He keeps pushing this "2nd/3rd on wagon = scum" which is stupid in a game this size. With 16 to lynch the chances of scum being 2nd/3rd are lower. It works fine in mini games but not in a game this big lol.

Otherwise I agree somewhat with Faraday, and this game is making me angry.

-Nexus.
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Post by SoraAdvent »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4447223#p4447223]post 254[/url], Paschendale wrote:
In post 171, Alsark wrote:Not sure how I'm supposed to use my power of converting people into vanilla townies during confirmation phase if we can't talk during confirmation phase.

This is what stood out to me the most. A roleclaim before the game had even started?
And an extremely town-aligned role to claim.
Sounds fishy to me.

Vote: Alsark

actually, a vanillarizer is more anti-town than town. care to explain to me otherwise, please?

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4447773#p4447773]post 301[/url], BroodKingEXE wrote:Combatenigma and nacho voting for Noir and calling each other scum is pretty scummy. Noir hasn't even started the game, so I dont know how they expect him to step up his game.

it's rvs, brood.

pretty much all i can say right now, as i don't have clear townreads yet. and i can't believe i forgot to not capitalize the i's and the names.
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Post by Pandorica »

Oh also Paschendale is awful too.

Predit: and Sora keeps continuing to be bad.

How can you not have any real townreads now? when are you going to be useful? When we hit 100 pages? Die.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:40 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 402, DeasVail wrote:
In post 401, Cheery Dog wrote:This is bugging me as I don't get it and it's going to remain on my concesus for at least the rest of this RL day if not the the game day.

Why did you need to post this part? It suggests to me that you thought there was something wrong with asking the question. If so, what was wrong with it?

Because I don't like pying into reasons behind other people's townreads, but the reason given with this one struck me weirdly.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 406, Cheery Dog wrote:Because I don't like pying into reasons behind other people's townreads

Is there a reason for this?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Unless I don't personally have someone pegged as probable scum, it's likely I can see what reasons that sombody has for being town.
My townread's (in this case Titan) other townreads (noir) are usually people that sit at 'town until further notice' or I see as town themselves, since they're not under attack, there is no need to be asking about another player's townreads.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Hmm, I'm not really buying it. I can understand why you wouldn't want to ask
for
the reason behind another player's townread, but I still can't understand the hesitation to point out a possible flaw in someone's already provided reason behind a townread, and I don't think your explanation really matches with it.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 am

Post by buldermar »

@Mod I'm V/LA until saturday.
Epic
Epic
Townie
Epic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 am

Post by Epic »

In post 398, Pandorica wrote:
In post 353, Epic wrote:I think the reason the reads aren't coming easy for me this game is because it's basically filled with either ultra serious posters that come off as contrived in their reasoning tonally, players who behave in a relatively scripted fashion, gimmick accounts, or all of the above at once.

which of these categories am i?

People I'm going to spend the entire game being paranoid of because you're Faraday.
Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:51 am

Post by malpascp »

Shiiiiit so much spam.

Vote: Pandorica
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Noir
Noir
Townie
Noir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:09 am

Post by Noir »

In post 397, Pandorica wrote:
In post 378, Noir wrote:titan can be town for now for post 244 among others

paschendale copping out on diddling his dick in 254 and 255; 255 is kind of nice but it looks like an afterthought, which saps its merit. actually post 254 was just inexcusably bad. it just sucked, it sucks

xtopherusd gets a free pass for autistically formatted Post Sundaes

torgonitoh should be force-replaced for being a cancer

post 277, god ser arthur dayne really sucks dick, i'm sorry to invoke the dick but he really sucks. man

vifam and porfervor are cool so they can stay

vote sticks; combinatorialenigma's vote for me was horrible and so was post 223 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4446862 everyone please read this stupid post

you're bad.

kill yourself

everyone vote combinatorial
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:15 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

good as any at the moment.

VOTE: Comvinatoriall
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:32 am

Post by Paschendale »

Man Noir is helpful... So much useful analysis and well built theories.

Vote: Noir
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:47 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I sense sarcasm.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:53 am

Post by Titan »

In post 396, Pandorica wrote:
explain your wutloski read arthur? if it's the gimmick it was obvious from the sign up thread he was gonna run a gimmick don't see how that's useful

It’s not. 269+270 read as really town. Actually prob shows he’s trying even though he’s trying to stick by the gimmick which is pro-town, and it reads as extremely genuine.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:53 am

Post by Titan »

Oh lol nanowrimo begins today so see you all in a month.

(not really I’ll be around but I’m really trying to get it done this year so yea).
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:00 am

Post by Vifam »

The cube's early posting was pretty town if you ask me. Although it hasn't been consistent, throughout the confirmation stage and the start of D1 he was leaning town, so Im not sure. I still would say he's town though.

In post 355, Titan wrote:Would it be wrong if it's partly be ause his avatar bugs me? Thats stupid and i dont even know why. Like I get the relaxed bit because he actually does come off relaxed. I not like the jump on nacho and his unvoting of Phil reads off to me.

Pedit: to epic about vifam

The avatar is fine, just a little provocative, but that is what I am going for so you can eat it.

In post 360, SoraAdvent wrote:hello. should be obvious what typing quirk I'm using. anyway, I see nothing so far in terms of reads. it's all very confusing so far, and Robo's selfvote just makes it all the more confusing. i'll wait an IRL day or so and get back with some reads.

You're really bad

DeasVail and CherryDog are probably both scum. ftr. DeasVail more so than CherryDog.'

All these other wagons (Except for the one on Q which is kind of legit) are pretty bad.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: DeasVail
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 am

Post by Vifam »

In post 363, DeasVail wrote:Urgh, too many pages!

Sunman is badman because he was trying to be all chatty and town in the earlier part of the confirmation phase, but wasn't actually. I'm not voting sunman though, because Qman is evilman, not badman.

Does anyone know if xtoph usually does the defending himself hardcore thing?

Robo, I thought you were town, but your self-vote seems pretty unnatural. :(

And alsark is amazing.

D: but he doesn't like me! Well he's no longer amazing or town then. By the way, I thought I'd be voting for Alduskkel or however you spell it. And epic, that explanation would have been too obvious. Clearly, if I didn't want a sense of mystery surrounding my post, I would have just sad who I planned to vote for? Also, my meta = gets lynched as town. Ooo, and DeasFail is better.

And paschendale, it's the ones not worthy of much attention that are scum. Well maybe not always, but yeah...

Also he's kind of scummy, but I'm not sure about the thinking Alsark's claim was real thing yet. Eh, NumberQ is still a fine wagon anyway.

These reads are all kinds of scum lets be honest.
ok
Noir
Noir
Townie
Noir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 am

Post by Noir »

Paschendale wrote:Man Noir is helpful... So much useful analysis and well built theories.

Vote: Noir
worst omgus of all time and let me tell you it pains me to no end to drop canned terms like that but you've really forced my hand
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 am

Post by Vifam »

Yeah Pasch is pretty lousy so far
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:10 am

Post by Vifam »

In post 399, Pandorica wrote:Actually every cheery dog post seems super forced so far and like he doesn't know how to settle. He's probably scum. Voting from a phone is a pain but you should all vote him.

Yeah that is what I was thinking too
ok
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:44 am

Post by quadz08 »

Votecount 1.1

combinatorialEnigma (5): Epic, Noir, BroodKingEXE, DeasVail, Cheery Dog
Noir (4): Pandorica, Nachomamma8, combinatorialEnigma, Paschendale
Vifam (2): Phillammon, xtopherusD
DeasVail (2): Alsark, Vifam
numberQ (1): Porfervor
Phillammon (1): Titan
Robocopter87 (1): Nikanor
Paschendale (1): Zeta
Pandorica (1): malpascp
Alsark (0):
Nachomamma8 (0):
xtopherusD
AurorusVox
Alduskkel
Epic
malpascp
Sunshine and Rainbows
Cheery Dog
buldermar
torgonitoh
ActionDan
SoraAdvent
GaryOak
Titan
Porfervor
BroodKingEXE
Zeta
Guy_Named_Riggs
Nikanor
BT

Not Voting (12): numberQ, Robocopter87, AurorusVox, Alduskkel, Sunshine and Rainbows, buldermar, torgonitoh, ActionDan, SoraAdvent, GaryOak, Guy_Named_Riggs, BT

Buldermar is V/LA through 11/3.

Deadline is on November 21st.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”