Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:32 am

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

In post 996, Salamence20 wrote:I'm not buying "Last second townieness". The plan must continue, we must lynch defender, transfer, and buy all the items. Anyone that doesn't follow this plan is confscum (added with all lurkers/fluffers, such as Eld, Elmo, etc.)

I'm not sticking with lynching Defender so feel free to throw me into your 'confscum' pile but his genuineness behind his reaction to getting lynched here is soooo town and it matches with what he's done as town before. Heck if I was more of a bastard and less of a gentlemen I'd govern him here but I won't. And sure some people might be 'good scum and able to fake genuineness' but do you really honestly truly believe that Defender is a 'good scum player' because I don't. Also his reads being 'terrible' isn't a tell, just means he can't scumhunt well, while wrong his thought process is somewhat follow-able with them too. His 'Phill was town in X game so I think he's town here" shows he's comparing previous play to now which is a pretty solid town-tell for a newer or weaker player. If you don't want to join me on Phill then give me another reasonable alternative Sala, because I'm not doing Defender now.

Pedit: I'll look at your meta while the internet is still running, when it goes down Empire will have to take over.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:33 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 981, greygnarl wrote:We are not doing Phillamon.

I only agree inasmuch as I'm not entirely sure enough people would be willing to switch to Phillamon in time while keeping as much of the efficiency bonus as possible. I get the case on Philla (and the meta on defender looks convincing enough to not vote him for now), but at this point its a matter of mustering enough people rather that mustering a good case.

I'll help in the right direction, though.

Vote: Philla

SlumberPartyBois wrote:someone who bid unsuccessfully, did your returned funds come with a decimal or did magua cleanly round/truncate your losses?

My funds did not return as a decimal (I'd think that'd be hell for Magua, anyways).

In post 985, Mehdi2277 wrote:
It's a worthy sacrifice when I think the lynch is wrong. I don't. The only scum meta you have on d3fender looks like his first game on site. When there's only one scum game to contrast his town meta and it's pretty much his first game that doesn't remove my scum read on him.

but isn't this meta showing what he does as town to show how his actions are townish that scummy?

In post 996, Salamence20 wrote:Look, being a man who plays (In his opinion) good scum, I can tell good reads from bad. Defender's were really bad.

I don't think anyone has denied that.

For example,
BBMolla almost tricked town out of his lynch, even when he was a confirmed guilty

Confirmed guilty? Most I recall BB being confirmed as is having a dayvig. Anything else regarding his role has yet to be proven true beyond his claims.

Anyone that doesn't follow this plan is confscum (added with all lurkers/fluffers, such as Eld, Elmo, etc.)

Who died and made you master?

P-EDIT: That works as well.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 999, Phillammon wrote:Thanks, GB. Now kindly try pieces of my own meta, rather than projected self meta. Masons and Mafia I wasn't technically mafia, but I had daytalk and much the same as what you described occured. Meta is still in my wiki, still go get it. As I have said: I had 2 larges start at the same time, another one which I won't go into detail on but has drawn a lot of time, and I haven't had as much time to spend on any of this as I would have liked to. The lurking will stop happening as time goes on. That said, I'm unlikely to have any net connection at all for the weekend, so it won't improve then. I'll try to be useful for now, though.

PV: Because I was pointing out was GB was saying, given he's saying that D3f3nd3r is town. Besides which, d3f is looking reasonably townish now.

:igmeou:

I'd like to hear why YOU think he's more townish now than when you voted him. Given that part of Gentle's case on you is you've been lurking and have 2 posts of promising to catch up. Are you caught up now?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:35 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Philla who are you voting?

GB, you have one game of scum meta that was his first game on site. It was before he'd even been town to know his own town play style. I'd think his playing style would change since then (my first game as scum I lurked a ton, but now I never lurk as either alignment). If you're going to use meta at least address this.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Voided I want you to explain the meta on him as well (especially since the way you just vaguely said it looks like you're just using it as an excuse to swap votes).
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:38 am

In post 1003, Mehdi2277 wrote:GB, you have one game of scum meta that was his first game on site. It was before he'd even been town to know his own town play style. I'd think his playing style would change since then (my first game as scum I lurked a ton, but now I never lurk as either alignment). If you're going to use meta at least address this.

You have somewhat of a point, I honestly wish I could find more scum meta to compare it with but it seems he only has 1 completed scum game. With that said the fact that he's so-spot-on with what his town meta shows about his reaction means that he's very very probably town unless you think he's good enough as scum to fake mimicking that so well at a time when his lynch looked near certain and I highly doubt he's that good as scum.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:42 am

Look if you want to 'lynch-fast' and are really that strongly against Phill for now we can do Elmo. His high bid on II and lurking both deserve death.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 1000, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 996, Salamence20 wrote:I'm not buying "Last second townieness". The plan must continue, we must lynch defender, transfer, and buy all the items. Anyone that doesn't follow this plan is confscum (added with all lurkers/fluffers, such as Eld, Elmo, etc.)

I'm not sticking with lynching Defender so feel free to throw me into your 'confscum' pile but his genuineness behind his reaction to getting lynched here is soooo town and it matches with what he's done as town before. Heck if I was more of a bastard and less of a gentlemen I'd govern him here but I won't. And sure some people might be 'good scum and able to fake genuineness' but do you really honestly truly believe that Defender is a 'good scum player' because I don't. Also his reads being 'terrible' isn't a tell, just means he can't scumhunt well, while wrong his thought process is somewhat follow-able with them too. His 'Phill was town in X game so I think he's town here" shows he's comparing previous play to now which is a pretty solid town-tell for a newer or weaker player. If you don't want to join me on Phill then give me another reasonable alternative Sala, because I'm not doing Defender now.

Defender wrote:@Stephan: Scumslip much?

Remember this?

Look, I've done this before and I've been caught. He was lurking until he was called out and he finally gives half-assed reads. I always do this as scum! Oh he's acting townish now, when he should of been lynched a long time ago? Not buying it. Proceed with this lynch GB. Look at Disney Villans, I was almost lynched, then I overreacted as a town-tell and won.

Confirmed guilty? Most I recall BB being confirmed as is having a dayvig. Anything else regarding his role has yet to be proven true beyond his claims.

I was stating MLP:FiR, where BBMolla was investigated by me and came up guilty, and he kept his cool and almost persuaded the town not to lynch him because I was lying. Scum will do anything when their backs are against the wall.

Who died and made you master?

Fuck you. I hope you understand "The plan" means transfer money, buy, etc.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:45 am

Sala, it's not exactly his 'reads' that are townish, it's his attitude to being lynched.

We can stick with the entire plan and still lynch fast if we just have Defender replace Elmo where Elmo was in the transfer listing and lynch Elmo.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:46 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Complaining about how can he be suspected and calling himself dumb are a bit different. Giving set up spec on his own in a set up with some mechanics, but minimal except for money are a bit different. Yeah I don't see this exact same town reaction you see. I've only looked a bit at his meta though (first scum and one town). He's also been more direct as town looking at just mini 1344.

P-edit: I will vote elmo immediately if he passes 5 votes. Elmo's stalling also makes defender scummy (he could have claimed immediately with the daytalk help and had defender lynched yesterday but his stalling has kept defender alive). I have both as high enough scum reads either dying is good.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 am

Read both the town games, you'll see when coming to a lynch his reaction is very very genuine and very similar to here.

Unvote, vote: Elmo
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 1575, D3f3nd3r wrote:Gonna say again, like when I was L-1 D2.

If you townies think that lynching me (as town) would help the town win, even though I wouldn't get your logic, feel free to lynch me.

If there are scummier fish to fry, by all means go there.

vs

In post 954, D3f3nd3r wrote:I feel screwed. I bet even if Magua declared me town (like I am) I'd still be lynched.

What can I do to...uh...not get lynched?

I've seen both town reactions. Compliance and still trying to weakly defend are very different. While his first reaction this game I'll admit is near identical (second this game I don't see at all) here he just seems like he's trying to not die still when otherwise he complied more easily.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:54 am

Post by Salamence20 »

VOTE: Elmo

:/

Another 5 bucks lost.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:00 am

Actually, we still have another 5 hours before we lose more money.

Anyway, fully catching up on the thread now. Only had a chance to read the more recent posts. Mehdi, Regfan wanted me to tell you that if you agree Defender's first reaction in this game matches his town meta reaction in all his other games, shouldn't that be enough to dissuade you? Furthermore, "trying not to die" isn't alignment indicative.
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:02 am

Post by SlumberPartyBois »

VOTE: GreyICE

CMON CMON BOIS AND GIRLS
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:03 am

Matt, trust me, I really really want to do it, but not today.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I know it's not alignment indicative, but when you're arguing meta and that isn't something obvious in his near death town meta it does become a scum tell.

Reads are made overall. If that had been the only thing he'd done all game it could be enough to say he's town. When multiple things say he's scum and out weight that one I'll continue to think he's scum.

P-edit: I can't see myself voting greyice today.
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 am

Post by SlumberPartyBois »

I'm not lynching Elmo right now. We can force more out of him tomorrow. I'm not settling with a sloppy lynch. So if it's not Elmo and it's not GreyICE, I'm willing to go for:

1) VoidedMafia
2) Defender
3) Seanald

You may be able to convince me of Philammon.

Pick from those 3/4
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 am

Matt, I don't know if you checked it out yet, but take a look at the games Regfan posted earlier and check out his reactions. Dude might actually be town.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 am

Post by greygnarl »

Where I said Phil was a townread I meant scumread. Also, notice my vote not moving because we are fucking getting paranoid. If we wait any longer I'm pretty sure that Sala will be getting suspected.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:09 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Lemme know the plan and where my vote and money go and I'll send it there

As for lurking. My phone opens all pages when I open Safari.

And this game moves so quick I'm just eh.

Let me know where my shit goes and I'll send it there. Because I have half of what we started with.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:09 am

Post by Seanald »

Can we not fucking restart the day, this is how town dismantles themselves, Once you have a plan stick to it. The more time that goes by more money lost, but more importantly that is more time to forget or not be as sure and prepared on the plan, you know someone is going to be asking, ok so what do i do for tonight and we'll have to explain it all again.

Organization is the priority here and whats going on now is not promoting organization. a consensus and decision needs to be made quickly.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

How much money do you have? Say that and we can finish the lynch on defender (which remains the best lynch).
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:14 am

Post by greygnarl »

Votes come through now. GB, Sala, bois that's you. We are not doing this wait to the deadline shit again.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:17 am

Post by Salamence20 »

VOTE: Defender

Xtra vote is in.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”