Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:46 am

Post by DeasVail »

Well maybe, I don't really care if my point was logical or not.

I get easily stressed as scum though fwiw.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:47 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 812, Pandorica wrote:
In post 803, buldermar wrote:
Alright, I have a townread on DeasVail now for two reasons:
1) I think he'd be more likely to postpone voting me to see reactions from other players first had he been scum.
2) I think he'd be less inclined to unvote me so rapidly had he been scum.

I don't really know if either of these things are true. I kinda think he 'should know better' than to put the vote down in the first place.
I'll rephrase. I think he's more inclined to "know better" when he's scum.
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:47 am

Post by Porfervor »

maybe you should learn not to be an asshat and think gambiting is a protown strategy it just people get really mad at you and think you're a retard which ftr i think you're both right now

sup
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Pandorica »

In post 826, buldermar wrote:
In post 812, Pandorica wrote:
In post 803, buldermar wrote:
Alright, I have a townread on DeasVail now for two reasons:
1) I think he'd be more likely to postpone voting me to see reactions from other players first had he been scum.
2) I think he'd be less inclined to unvote me so rapidly had he been scum.

I don't really know if either of these things are true. I kinda think he 'should know better' than to put the vote down in the first place.
I'll rephrase. I think he's more inclined to "know better" when he's scum.

Yeah, you're right actually.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 am

Post by DeasVail »

I think buld's play was fine there honestly, but I get lynched a lot so people probably shouldn't listen to me.
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Porfervor »

Mals comes off as town based on how he responded to all this. I'm not sure of his experience but I wouldn't take his actions seriously but the fact he asked for a Modkill is more telling than anything.
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Pandorica »

Why are you being so self depricating? it's not very attractive
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:50 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 818, malpascp wrote:Just answer my question: why did you claim scum? And why are you implying that you don't want me to unvote you?
I claimed scum because I'm scum and I implied that I don't want you to unvote me because I'm actually a Jester claiming scum to get lynched. Why else would I claim scum whilst implying that I want to get voted?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm sorry :(
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 am

Post by Porfervor »

In post 832, buldermar wrote:
In post 818, malpascp wrote:Just answer my question: why did you claim scum? And why are you implying that you don't want me to unvote you?
I claimed scum because I'm scum and I implied that I don't want you to unvote me because I'm actually a Jester claiming scum to get lynched. Why else would I claim scum whilst implying that I want to get voted?

it's too late to claim WIFOM now idiot
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 am

Post by malpascp »

You guys can't be serious. How can you say that everyone involved in this "reaction test" is town? One claimed scum, one believed it was a reaction test, one thinks he's scum. Just blergh.

P-Edit: WIFOM x100

You are scum trying to pass by as a Jester.

@porfervor: exactly
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:53 am

Post by Porfervor »

frankly i would be fine with lynching or shooting him but i want to aim my gun elsewhere come night so ill see what soup wants p sure we still both hate paschendale
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:53 am

Post by malpascp »

Did you just claim to have a gun?
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:54 am

Post by Porfervor »

I wouldn't waste a lynch on a plausible jester even if he's scum. That's succeeding his win condition and to make a ballsy move as such just reads as overall stupid. Don't credit him.
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:54 am

Post by Porfervor »

In post 837, malpascp wrote:Did you just claim to have a gun?

i claimed to have a gun ages ago
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:55 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 834, Porfervor wrote:

Can I still unclaim, though?
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Porfervor »

I don't give a fuck what you do to be honest. Hold still.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 821, buldermar wrote:
In post 809, Nachomamma8 wrote:buldermar, can you please tell malp that you were claiming scum in order to get reactions from people so he unvotes you? it's fun to be obstinate and a bit of an ass, but it's not effective unless you learn to play damage control after.
I think it is a bit anti-town of you to effectively lower my odds of getting useful reactions from people by explaining my motive when there is merely one person voting me and 16 required to get lynched. L-15 hardly requires damage control. What's your incentive to do this?

I don't care about today's lynch, that's not the damage I'm referring to.
If you go on too much longer and ACTUALLY make a big deal out of this like you totally can, then the vig's hands will be tied in having to shoot you in order to free up some stubborn town voters (there will be a lot of them, trust me), which means that if the vig is even sort of a decent player you take away a town-controlled kill for the night when you could have just played normally and not caused a shit storm. In addition, you're going to create discussion that is essentially useless for the next 10 pages because you are SO edgy and SO unconventional and my god people just won't be able to resist your crazy antics. I've gotten three good reads from this business and only needed to read a page to get both of them; more pages might offer a couple more, but we won't get much more than that. Instead people will get frustrated because this is the type of thing people feel strongly about, and they will band together and ignore anything that you or I will say for the rest of the game, which is *probably* a bad thing. Having super polarizing D1s can be good when it's an X vs X situation, where each wagon is headed by people who are generally town and feel strongly about the wagon they are pushing, but it is bad when it's X or not X because instead of two viable scum candidates, there will probably only be one, and with things being multiball and scumbags feeling less obligated to bus scum will be harder to catch so things will probably end in a mislynch and then you get vigged and then two sane people will be killed by scum and that's not the sort of start I would like to have.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Noir
Noir
Townie
Noir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Noir »

deasvail just made an absolute mess of himself over his reaction to buldermar's very obviously facetious scum claim and it's getting buried under all the attention devoted to buldermar's antics

unvote
vote: combinatorialenigma

ce's latest post while not completely disastrous doesn't do much for me and he's still way worse than paschendale. i'm rolling with the momentum here unless paschendale gets a bunch more votes
Noir
Noir
Townie
Noir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Noir »

actually porfervor's reaction is potentially worse than deasvail's based on my perception of the skill/intelligence of both hydra heads
In post 822, Porfervor wrote:He's still Vig Fodder. Him claiming it as a reaction doesn't make it any better.
In post 834, Porfervor wrote:

don't pretend to be devoid of sarcasm detection for the sake of keeping an easy policy lynch / paranoia fos / vig shot in your back pocket for a rainy day or you are going to go down in flames very quickly
Sunshine and Rainbows
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Sunshine and Rainbows »

Noir Por is claiming to be the vig I don't think he's worried about being in his own pocket.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 842, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 821, buldermar wrote:
In post 809, Nachomamma8 wrote:buldermar, can you please tell malp that you were claiming scum in order to get reactions from people so he unvotes you? it's fun to be obstinate and a bit of an ass, but it's not effective unless you learn to play damage control after.
I think it is a bit anti-town of you to effectively lower my odds of getting useful reactions from people by explaining my motive when there is merely one person voting me and 16 required to get lynched. L-15 hardly requires damage control. What's your incentive to do this?

I don't care about today's lynch, that's not the damage I'm referring to.
If you go on too much longer and ACTUALLY make a big deal out of this like you totally can, then the vig's hands will be tied in having to shoot you in order to free up some stubborn town voters (there will be a lot of them, trust me), which means that if the vig is even sort of a decent player you take away a town-controlled kill for the night when you could have just played normally and not caused a shit storm. In addition, you're going to create discussion that is essentially useless for the next 10 pages because you are SO edgy and SO unconventional and my god people just won't be able to resist your crazy antics. I've gotten three good reads from this business and only needed to read a page to get both of them; more pages might offer a couple more, but we won't get much more than that. Instead people will get frustrated because this is the type of thing people feel strongly about, and they will band together and ignore anything that you or I will say for the rest of the game, which is *probably* a bad thing. Having super polarizing D1s can be good when it's an X vs X situation, where each wagon is headed by people who are generally town and feel strongly about the wagon they are pushing, but it is bad when it's X or not X because instead of two viable scum candidates, there will probably only be one, and with things being multiball and scumbags feeling less obligated to bus scum will be harder to catch so things will probably end in a mislynch and then you get vigged and then two sane people will be killed by scum and that's not the sort of start I would like to have.
Ok, I'm convinced. I think I may already have recruited one or two stubborn town voters, though. I honestly can't seem to comprehend why people feel so strongly about this type of thing, which is why I sometimes feel like I'm playing a different game than most other people (you may be an exception). What matters is not always what's said, but somtimes how what's said affects the alignment of the writer, and I don't understand why the second part is so frequently being overlooked.

/unclaim
Porfervor
Porfervor
Goon
Porfervor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Porfervor »

that sure helped
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by buldermar »

^^ is the one of the two stubborn town voters I was referring to, in case you're wondering. I'm sure you can figure out who the other one is.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by malpascp »

I have no idea.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”