Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Pandorica »

In post 1072, Titan wrote:Yeah, but the way you were criticizing him felt off.

well he was either being dumb or framing malpascp's reaction as some sort of ~bad thing~ for jumping on it when it really wasn't. if you're not reading his posts how is it even fair for you to tell me if my criticism is off or not anyway?

feel free to explain his thought process better then if you can, because I still don't see how it's not him looking for ways to make malp scummy as if town don't hop on things without thinking or something. (I already said I'm not sure it's malicious, since he had a scumread on malp and I can see him trying to fit reasons to malp scum but those reasons were just bad)

or did you must mean not read his earlier posts?
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Pandorica »

In post 1074, Sunshine and Rainbows wrote:malp seems like an angry angry person.

not really just a little highly strung i'd say
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Pandorica »

In post 1075, Pandorica wrote:~bad thing~

By bad i mean scummy as opposed to actually bad. there's no denying it was the latter
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 1073, Pandorica wrote:so where other than 1003 wasn't his meta taken into account again?

Faraday - I said the way you were responding to him felt off. If felt to me like you hadn't seen the way Arthur reads people before. I'm not going to run through the game and go here and here and here. It was just your general tone in your responses that felt off, especially since you said earlier you were reading him as town.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Titan »

It was actually before the malp thing, and maybe I'm just reading things extra senstively especially because I'm just not feeling good and he has a scum read on your slot and I don't.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by Titan »

And I didn't even finish my thought. I feel like I'm reading your slots posts extra carefully because of that. If I was reading your reaction to him wrong, then I read it wrong, but you know it's not like me not to say something.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

In post 1078, Titan wrote:
In post 1073, Pandorica wrote:so where other than 1003 wasn't his meta taken into account again?

Faraday - I said the way you were responding to him felt off. If felt to me like you hadn't seen the way Arthur reads people before. I'm not going to run through the game and go here and here and here. It was just your general tone in your responses that felt off, especially since you said earlier you were reading him as town.

Yeah I was kinda looking for an elaboration on what specifically, but whatever it's not particularly pressing for now. I've seen Arthur recently in ADWD of course, but his agressiveness here looks different than there. It's hard to compare when you've got omnipresent mod knowledge in one game though, it just felt different. It just feels like here he's jumping on tbhings I don't know if I see him believing. The malp suspicion lately is something i've found hard to wrap my head around and even when we kept interacting over it i was left confused as to why it made malp scum.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Pandorica »

In post 1081, Eddard Stark wrote:
In post 1078, Titan wrote:

Yeah I was kinda looking for an elaboration on what specifically, but whatever it's not particularly pressing for now. I've seen Arthur recently in ADWD of course, but his agressiveness here looks different than there. It's hard to compare when you've got omnipresent mod knowledge in one game though, it just felt different. It just feels like here he's jumping on tbhings I don't know if I see him believing. The malp suspicion lately is something i've found hard to wrap my head around and even when we kept interacting over it i was left confused as to why it made malp scum.

whoops
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by Pandorica »

In post 1079, Titan wrote:It was actually before the malp thing, and maybe I'm just reading things extra senstively especially because I'm just not feeling good and he has a scum read on your slot and I don't.

And yeah, I thought you were town earlier for the game breaking thing but the way he's been posting w/r/t malp just left a sour taste in my mouth. it felt rather robotic.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the way I responded to arthur and I don't remember that much interaction with him before malp (well one thing about malp again, actually).

tammy do you have an opinion on cheery dog?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Titan »

Maybe there wasn't anything wrong with your interaction, maybe I was reading it wrong. But I still wanted to clear it up and make sure that my read on your slot is clear. You're one of the few slots that I feel like I can gain a solid read on and not have to worry about. When I'm reading through the game tomorrow, if I find what post or two struck me as off I'll point them out.

Cheery dog is hitting my sympathy button. That null list he did but then give reads later was eh. But the way he wanted to change his read on our slot based on Arthur suddenly turning around his read felt like genuine frustration. I still need to really read through the resulting conversation about the rational head stuff though. He's got that underdog vibe to him that makes me want to think he's town though. I need to actaully read through the past few days though...I just don't have the energy right now.

You are right in thinking that Arthur's aggressiveness is off. It is. I can tell that. Like the way that he responded to philamon's reads and how someone questioned that or something, it read off. He feels like he gets his best reads by pushing people and sometimes it comes across as really aggressive in a weird way. Did you follow along with the Fringe game? His play here is very similar to that one, and I was convinced he was scum but he wasn't. Also, the WoT game, I'm pretty sure he was vigged in that game because his aggressiveness was off. I think that he feels like he has to have everyone's alignment figured out pretty early and when he doesn't he tries to force it. And most of his reads are by gut and he has a really hard time explaining what he means so that they come across clearly. And I think he has a lot of real life stress going on that might be bleeding into the game. (idk about that, that's pure conjecture on my part.)
Sunshine and Rainbows
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:15 am

Post by Sunshine and Rainbows »

You should tell him to stop being a wanker so you don't have to auspice between him and the rest of the game. It's a thankless quadrant.
And sometimes underdogs are seen as scummy by everyone because they're scum. Don't be fooled by the cute puppy avatar.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 am

Post by BT »

Super concise catching up, leaving out a bunch of stupid remarks (mainly on the scumclaim because all things considered the entire affair (and trying to analyze it) is useless).

Cheery Dog #968 looks lazy (especially the reason for suspecting Nacho) and is bad to begin with because he's doing some weird PoE thing that is usually done by scum. Handwaving no less than half the damn playerlist as town doesn't help his case since it's another scum thing.

Don't know why Cubix clearly saw people wanting to lynch him and decided it'd be a good idea to drop a small update post and go poof.

God there is nothing to talk about. Seriously, I got absolutely nothing out of pages 33-40. I don't know if this is surprising but eh.

AV popping in and out with a crappy post like #1055 puts him in the "would invite to death" pile.

DeasVail going best of two bad lynches in #1058 without naming a, uh, preferred lynch?? is pretty bad. Still unsure about this one though.

And mmm yeah I see Nachotown now.

Sunshine #1070 is actually exactly how I feel about Titan minus the drinks. At least he's posting although townreading every second wagon is kind of boot-to-head worthy really. (the second head is okay) DeasVail is slightly guilty of this too.

I'm fine with the wagons as is I guess?
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 am

Post by BT »

In post 1086, BT wrote:he's doing some weird PoE thing that is usually done by scum. Handwaving no less than half the damn playerlist as town doesn't help his case since it's another scum thing.
Named the same thing twice here.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:40 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1086, BT wrote:Cheery Dog #968 looks lazy (especially the reason for suspecting Nacho) and is bad to begin with because he's doing some weird PoE thing that is usually done by scum. Handwaving no less than half the damn playerlist as town doesn't help his case since it's another scum thing.

Why is being lazy a scum tell?
What makes someone be able to go from completely different levels of fuckdom because of one post?
What is actually wrong with discoounting half the playerlist as possible day one lynches when it's obvious they're not going to be the day 1 lynch? I am not going to whittle my way through 29 other players when most of them have done nothing at all suspicious. If they do happen to do something suspicious (like Titan did) then they can be brought out into the open and investigated further, otherwise they are best left to do their own thing with the people who happen to be the possible day 1 lynches. When we get down to less players (and if I'm somehow still alive) then I will have a complete opinion on everyone, at this stage I find putting aside the better half of the playerlist is a good idea.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:05 am

Post by BT »

In post 1088, Cheery Dog wrote:
Why is being lazy a scum tell?

It's not. In this case though it was your reason for voting Nacho. Ultimately your vote was really weak and that's something I attribute to scum.
In post 1088, Cheery Dog wrote:What makes someone be able to go from completely different levels of fuckdom because of one post?

Uh?
In post 1088, Cheery Dog wrote:What is actually wrong with discoounting half the playerlist as possible day one lynches when it's obvious they're not going to be the day 1 lynch? I am not going to whittle my way through 29 other players when most of them have done nothing at all suspicious. If they do happen to do something suspicious (like Titan did) then they can be brought out into the open and investigated further, otherwise they are best left to do their own thing with the people who happen to be the possible day 1 lynches. When we get down to less players (and if I'm somehow still alive) then I will have a complete opinion on everyone, at this stage I find putting aside the better half of the playerlist is a good idea.

I thought they were your townreads? Are they 'not possible d1 lynches' now?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:14 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1089, BT wrote:
In post 1088, Cheery Dog wrote:What makes someone be able to go from completely different levels of fuckdom because of one post?

Uh?

That's another way of wording what I have as my nacho case, I'm trying to see how weak you actually have that case pegged as.

In post 1088, Cheery Dog wrote:What is actually wrong with discoounting half the playerlist as possible day one lynches when it's obvious they're not going to be the day 1 lynch? I am not going to whittle my way through 29 other players when most of them have done nothing at all suspicious. If they do happen to do something suspicious (like Titan did) then they can be brought out into the open and investigated further, otherwise they are best left to do their own thing with the people who happen to be the possible day 1 lynches. When we get down to less players (and if I'm somehow still alive) then I will have a complete opinion on everyone, at this stage I find putting aside the better half of the playerlist is a good idea.

I thought they were your townreads? Are they 'not possible d1 lynches' now?[/quote]
I'm just using different words for the same thing - if I develop a townread of you during day 1, you're generally not going to be someone I push for a lynch during said day 1. I figured wording it that way may have made it easier to understand, I guess not. It's very probable that I've placed some scum into this category by mistake as my analysing skills aren't up to naming a complete scumteam based on a few posts.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:19 am

Post by BT »

I'm pegging it as pretty damn weak. There are plenty of people who've changed opinions in a matter of posts in this very thread, and it's not necessarily a scum move anyway.

Honestly that list looked like you removed most of the notable players and started from there. That is a scum move. (I'm not the first to mention this, in fact.)
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 am

Post by quadz08 »

Votecount 1.7

Paschendale (8): Zeta, AurorusVox, Pandorica, BT, Phillammon, torgonitoh, Noir, Titan
DeasVail (4): Alsark, Guy_Named_Riggs, Paschendale, Maenara
Cheery Dog (4): Nachomamma8, Porfervor, Robocopter87, buldermar
combinatorialEnigma (3): Epic, BroodKingEXE, Sunshine and Rainbows
buldermar (2): ActionDan, malpascp
malpascp (1): Vifam
Nachomamma8 (1): Cheery Dog
AurorusVox (1): Nikanor
Noir (0):
Vifam (0):
Titan (0):
Robocopter87 (0):
Pandorica (0):
numberQ (0):
Phillammon (0):
Alsark (0):
xtopherusD
Alduskkel
Epic
Sunshine and Rainbows
torgonitoh
ActionDan
SoraAdvent
Maenara
Porfervor
BroodKingEXE
Zeta
Guy_Named_Riggs
Nikanor
BT

Not Voting (6): numberQ, Alduskkel, SoraAdvent, combinatorialEnigma, DeasVail, xtopherusD

Searching for a replacement for Paschendale.

Prodding Nikanor, NumberQ, SoraAdvent, and Alsark.

Deadline is on November 21st.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:54 am

Post by quadz08 »

Tazaro replaces Paschendale, effective immediately.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Tazaro »

What the hell, people. Paschendale was an idiot. Get off my back, and preferably to someone who is voting for Paschendale.
I think torgonitoh's Wutlolski and posting are fake as hell, like a convenient post restriction; he says badman. B-A_D, and for the sake of "_ _ _"man-ism he can replace those with S-U-N and say SUNMAN, and you get Alduskel by that effort. Artificial as hell
VOTE: torgonitoh

And fuck hydras
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:13 am

Post by Tazaro »

And yes, I read more of this thread than you would expect.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 am

Post by BT »

And that's all you have to say?

Kind of hard to figure out if you're not faking your rage or not so far
Epic
Epic
Townie
Epic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Epic »

In post 1094, Tazaro wrote:What the hell, people. Paschendale was an idiot. Get off my back, and preferably to someone who is voting for Paschendale.
I think torgonitoh's Wutlolski and posting are fake as hell, like a convenient post restriction; he says badman. B-A_D, and for the sake of "_ _ _"man-ism he can replace those with S-U-N and say SUNMAN, and you get Alduskel by that effort. Artificial as hell
VOTE: torgonitoh

And fuck hydras

why was he an idiot
Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Tazaro »

You're relatively new, so you don't know Taz-level of activity is. I am a reactive player, and always have something to say in an interesting game.
It's fine that you question my anger, but I see logic in the fact that a stupid-looking character, Paschendale, is getting all the votes, whereas people like torgonitoh, Robo, and DeasVail are underpressured.
DeasVail's response to buldermar's scum claim was too dancing through the tulips (compare with malp's, a real townie reaction by far), but eh, it was an awful distraction.
In fact, buldermar may be third party. Acts like it. Or is that just me?
BUt it's not just me that there's been spam for days. Guess who does that scum, like torgonitoh.
Just boot out that pear commie thingie. Needs more than my vote; please follow suit.
P-edit: The "somebody can change people to vanilla townie's in confirmation stage" was awkward, shitty, and literal shit, and scum love to cling people to wagons via such a shit magnet
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Tazaro »

*hypothetical "somebody can change people to vanilla townie's in confirmation stage." rather
It was stupid to even mention that it could be a fake claim
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”