AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1649, Rob14 wrote:As for the town-cred, Cheery would get boatloads of it while making someone obv-town. The "making someone obv-town" would be very pro-town and make him likely not scum if you were not already such obv-town. People were pissed with your gambit. Besides rofl, I don't think anyone honestly wanted to lynch you because you looked scummy. It was mostly a policy lynch push - a push led partially by CKD-scum, IIRC. Essentially, scum loses very little by making a obv-town into a confirmed-town but gains a lot in town-cred. This isn't anti-town, per se, but there's a big scum motivation for Cheery's actions.

I honestly find it FAR less likely that Cheery saw an opportunity as scum here for town cred and jumped on it. I really strongly doubt it.

Yes, it
could
be a good play for scum, but I find it highly unlikely it is a play scum Cheery would jump on. Its just very unlikely to occur to him IMO. And scum is more focused on looking town, not hatching devious schemes. Your argument is that it would be a reasonable scum move. I agree. I just find it far far less likely that Cheery would think to make it on the spot like that.

So, no, I won't vote Cheery Today. And the miller spec has NOTHING to do with GS spec.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1649, Rob14 wrote:Cheery's contribution as claimed gunsmith could be easily scum-motivated, but it also shows how he should have used his action night 1 given the circumstances because of how heavily it would have helped out the town.

This is a fallacy, Rob. Come on. Just because it is POSSIBLE as a scum play does not make it the case or even LIKELY.

And just because Cheery should have used his ability N1, doesn't mean someone will always make the optimal play. In this case, I think targeting a Miller probably was the optimal N1 play though.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1649, Rob14 wrote:Is there any way to ISO people together? Like make a timeline of all posts from four people in the game? Not sure if you can.

You can do three people at once by pressing the the + button next to where you choose an individual to ISO. (unless you're doing it the other way which isn't directly under the reply box)

I've given my reasons why I didn't use it night 1, yes due to how it turns out, not using it night 1 was a mistake, but at the time I saw it as too high a risk to take.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Never argued that Cheery's action was definitely scum motivated or likely scum motivated based on the fact that it could be, nor do I plan to. I'm saying it's very possible in response to your questioning of why scum would do the actions he did, specifically in post #1645. I'm simply making the argument that his actions do not clear him, nor do they make him more likely to be town. I am highly, highly suspicious of people who make claims or perform actions in which they get easy town-cred with no major contribution to town/detraction from scum. It is one of the largest scum-tells there is, in my opinion, and it has served me well in the past. At the same time, Cheery's other posts/actions had me convinced at one point that he was town, which is why I need to look at it again with a clear head tomorrow.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I was doing it out of Activity Overview, but I'll do it the other way if it let's me isolate multiple players. Thanks, Cheery! You're still possibly scum, though, sorry.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Cheery is very invested in his personal survival in a way that townies are not.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:35 am

Also worrisome, is that Cheery isn't calling me scum. He totally should. I'm coming out of, literally, nowhere, and I'm fitting a noose for his neck.

AngryPidgeon's reaction is the reaction that Cheery should have. But Cheery knows I'm town and he can't go after me. He needs to survive the day so that he can NK me. He's bidding his time hoping we'll hang a miller.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:20 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

malpascp
(2) - Paid Pyro, Cheery Dog
Darthe
(3)
- TheReverend, Rob13, roflcopter
Cheery Dog
(3)
- DrippingGoofball, ProHawk, malpascp
DrippingGoofball
(1) - AngryPidgeon

Not Voting
(1) - Darthe

prodding roflcopter, Darthe, and Paid Pyro.

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2012-11-14 12:43:07)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:21 am

Post by roflcopter »

no don't prod meeee i was a about to poooost
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 am

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: cheery

sheeping the great and powerful dgb

if this doesn't end the game we have enough lynches left to get darthe and malp before lylo
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:45 am

Post by Rob14 »

If Cheery is scum, he bussed hard on CKD and to a lesser extent DC. After reading his ISO with the confirmed members of the scum-team, I do not believe he is scum. His night actions are questionable at best, but I saw very little in their interactions that points to anything but Cheery-town.

Was Cheery's choice of night action bad? Yes.
Was it anti-town? Probably.
Is he scum? No.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:46 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1659, roflcopter wrote:if this doesn't end the game we have enough lynches left to get darthe and malp before lylo

My god, no. This post is bad. You don't think like this as town.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:54 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 1661, Rob14 wrote:
In post 1659, roflcopter wrote:if this doesn't end the game we have enough lynches left to get darthe and malp before lylo

My god, no. This post is bad. You don't think like this as town.

oh stop it. maybe you don't, but i do. 99.9% chance scum is one of those three people.
soi soi soi

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:19 am

In post 1660, Rob14 wrote:If Cheery is scum, he bussed hard on CKD and to a lesser extent DC. After reading his ISO with the confirmed members of the scum-team, I do not believe he is scum. His night actions are questionable at best, but I saw very little in their interactions that points to anything but Cheery-town.

Was Cheery's choice of night action bad? Yes.
Was it anti-town? Probably.
Is he scum? No.

QUESTION.

Did he speak to the scumbags directly, or did he speak OF the scumbags only?

If he's engaging the scumbags directly and engaging them, then he's town.

If not - he's scum.

ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 am

Post by ProHawk »

People Cheery spoke to directly: Bloodcovenant, malp, Peregrine, drmy, Taz, Rob13, AngryPidgeon, rofl, Darthe, TheReverend, Paid Pyro, ProHawk, DGB

People Cheery spoke of (without direct conversation): Demon Core, CKD, Zabriel
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:10 am

Post by ProHawk »

Cheery's hard bus on CKD? I don't see it....
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:17 am

In post 1664, ProHawk wrote:People Cheery spoke to directly: Bloodcovenant, malp, Peregrine, drmy, Taz, Rob13, AngryPidgeon, rofl, Darthe, TheReverend, Paid Pyro, ProHawk, DGB

People Cheery spoke of (without direct conversation):
Demon Core, CKD, Zabriel

And all three are scum.

QED

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:17 am

So Cheery bus'ed hard for town-cred. NOT a new strategy, I've done it countless times, myself.

malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:25 am

Post by malpascp »

I never thought someone could be so insanely pro-town as DGB. Just thank you.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:42 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I will be noting the irony here postgame
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:01 am

Post by roflcopter »

dgb is town as town can be. it just needed a few days to marinate, this is my first post-day-one with dgb in a couple of years.
soi soi soi

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:51 am

Guiz

I know I'm town

Can we lynch Cheery? He wants to live real badly for a supposed VT, and never spoke to his buddies in-thread. He bus'ed 1/3. His role is too lame to even exist, and even then he didn't use it night 1.

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:17 am

Post by Rob14 »

bus'd 2/3 DGB, not 1/3
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:25 am

Post by ProHawk »

I feel like my post was missed, Rob, where is Cheerys Hard Bus on ckd?
Paid Pyro
Paid Pyro
Goon
Paid Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Paid Pyro »

Prod acknowledge.

Back from my trip and winning a wolf game on another site!!!!!

Ok, I can go along with a Cherry vote, we have another day to deal with malp.

Unvote:
Vote: Cherry Dog.

AP, why do you feel DGB would push so hard if she's scum? If there a perfectly acceptable townie on the block then why push for another townie. I think she reads town at this point.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”