Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Did you and your partner both ever bus together in a white flag game early on?

~Mehdi
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 125, Soul2277 wrote:Did you and your partner both ever bus together in a white flag game early on?

Oh.
Now
I get it.

(Incidentally, the answer is no.)
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Well it was worth something. Responses and asking to that felt genuine so currently a weak town read.

~Mehdi
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Eh...equinox ran the team mafia white flag game. I'm just disappointed in no read of sixty. I know a little of equinox as temperance I think who is decent at reading people, so...idk. My other head has cruel experience playing with equinox though.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Post by Cerulean »

* cruel experience should read actual experience
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Do you he'd bother faking not understanding scum leans attacking absta --> absta more likely town or he wouldn't know it as scum in this game right now (I'm thinking scum would have talked about bussing and such in their qt)?

~Mehdi
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Post by Cerulean »

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you saying that since people are pushing absta it makes him more likely town?

Idk...it's late and I should probably go to bed.

But everyone should read that sixty case on piggy and vote sixty afterward. We've got back rubs and vodka and cookies and cake and wine aboard the sixty train. All aboard!!!
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

I'm saying his way of responding to me on absta feels town and basically asking what you think there.

~Mehdi
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
Deadline: Sun 25 Nov, 00:05 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-11-25 00:05:00)
)
With 10 alive it is 6 to lynch.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 am

Post by Sixty »

Thor 80 wrote:Still, this quoted bit - kind of a reach, isn't it?
In the sense of scumPig twirling her mustache and hatching an evil plot to
bring out the comfy chair
in the early pages, yes. In terms of showing it as a facile excuse for her actions, no.

In case it needs saying, the first thing someone posts isn't guaranteed to be scummy. It IS a problem scum have to fight against though, since they're actually thinking of these things.

She changed her story between and . The description in 23 does not fit a joke, it is an elaborate excuse for something she has already explained.

PiggyGal 81 wrote:You're scummy because I hate dogs o.O no other reason really, I'm certainly not going to vote you or push your lynch for such a crap reason, so be thankful you get a town read now.
We would like to say scum would never post something this bad, but we have seen her do it before as scum.

We in the puppymind discussed your meta during that last game. We are not particularly interested in discussing it at length here, as we have already done so in Reverse Mafia.

Cerulean 82 wrote:Sixty - who made the case in Post 79 ? Please and thank you.
The Euro-puppy. Its bark has a bit of an accent.

Soul 90 wrote:Sixty how do you flip off absta and to piggy like that. You gave multiple reasons on absta so it feels strange to drop off like that in the next post.
We were voting absta101 to see who would switch wagons if we did that. There were several voices raised against absta101 yet no votes going ----> that way, so we were checking who felt happy jumping off Piggy and onto someone else who was gathering suspicion. Not much came of it.

We don't follow Thor's vote on Cerulean. The "meta" fixation ITT is not very interesting to this half, at least, so maybe there's some context that I'm totally missing, but etc.

Cerulean 103 wrote:You're trying to jump on someone, howl and whine.
Actually, that's more describing us. uo.ou

Equinox 112 wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, it might be worth a look to see if Thor665 gets into ego wars as scum.
He does, it is a null tell.
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 103, Cerulean wrote:
In post 95, Thor665 wrote:Counter question, if by 'suggests' he means 'We have yet to have done anything to make the read legit' why even mention it at all?

:?:

In post 103, Cerulean wrote:I thought it was a stupid question? If you think you're town and scum game are indistinguishable its leading and u productive. You're trying to jump on someone, howl and whine. That's obvious. I want you to stop doing it because it doesn't help town.

I don't know how else to explain to you that it's not an attack to howl and whine (because, let's be honest, I'd admit it if all I wanted to do was make the other player feel derp) but rather a question to seek motivation.
Why is this so hard for you?
Why can you understand other motivation questions but not this one?

In post 103, Cerulean wrote:So, your ego is fractured? You may not remember but you've fooled me before. I read you town as hell when you replaced into experimental; I don't easily forget being duped. I'm reading you different enough that you're leaning town, but most town...he'll no.

So I'm a lesser town read than N because, even though I'm doing more townish things I concern you more?

In post 103, Cerulean wrote:I realize that you like being sheeped...take off your Sheeping blinders and tell me what you think of their case.

You've asked me this before.
I LIKE THE BULK OF THE CASE.
Does it sink through now?

In post 134, Sixty wrote:
Thor 80 wrote:Still, this quoted bit - kind of a reach, isn't it?
In the sense of scumPig twirling her mustache and hatching an evil plot to
bring out the comfy chair
in the early pages, yes. In terms of showing it as a facile excuse for her actions, no.

If you'd just called it a bad excuse I'd be more on a wavelength with you.
But you said 'why would scum want people to feel comfortable' which means you *were* applying the mustache twirl to her.
Discuss.

In post 134, Sixty wrote:We don't follow Thor's vote on Cerulean. The "meta" fixation ITT is not very interesting to this half, at least, so maybe there's some context that I'm totally missing, but etc.

I am not using meta as part of my case on Cerulean - I am using their claimed methods.
You can get a sounded out case after I'm done rattling a cage, but at least don't act confused about what I'm doing, that should (hopefully) be beneath you.

In post 134, Sixty wrote:
Equinox 112 wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, it might be worth a look to see if Thor665 gets into ego wars as scum.
He does, it is a null tell.

Thank you for that though - for some reason this always seems to come as a shock to some people.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hurm. Looking over stuff Cerulean is actually obv. town unless Piggy is scum.
Cerulean can still answer my questions though because the slot strikes me as pedantic and it will amuse me.

Unvote: Cerulean
Vote: Voided

Let's do a Piggy counter wagon for lulz.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 102, Soul2277 wrote:Equi voting piggy to L-1 with minimal explanation or force. That clear enough?

~Mehdi

Except for it being a scumtell - yes.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:05 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Any reason for voting Voided?

Mehdi's so obvtown, it's insane how easy it is to read you now xD

Tammy's making me think she's town, so that slot's town too.

Equi's posts lately are coming off with town motivation behind them, so I'm going to say he's town too.

Voided appears town, though that's just a slight lean.

Nothing's changed on N or absta.

Who the heck is JesseSheffield? o.O Duuuude, get in the game already!

Which, pretty much leaves Thor and Sixty, though Sixty is a little less scummy that my Thor read, so my vote stays.
Oh, and I did read your posts in Morgan Freeman's voice... you're still scummy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 138, PiggyGal15 wrote:Any reason for voting Voided?

Because I'm not voting you.

In post 138, PiggyGal15 wrote:Oh, and I did read your posts in Morgan Freeman's voice... you're still scummy.

Obvious lie is obvious.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Nope, seriously, I did read your posts with Morgan Freeman's voice... and even then it just made your posts sound more awesome, but not townie in the slightest, so I'm still saying your scum.

Cool, no reason for voting Voided... can Thor get some more votes on him please?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:42 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I should be more annoyed than I am. But then it's Thor, so...

I still want something beyond "lol counterwagon", though. Otherwise I can just say the same thing about Absta <_<. (Hint: This means that is terrible reasoning)

In post 119, Soul2277 wrote:Meta. Meta explains absta so well (specifically while hard to describe it's his act play style where he just acts and plays). Artemis fowl being the example given (while it has 25 pages isoing him gives an idea of style and he mostly posts short).

But this explanation does nothing to explain why what he's said is scummy.

Me and OS are both male even though I'm like anime.

I thought you were female, Mehdi? :eek:

And unless I'm seeing the wrong 60 that post focuses on absta not piggy.

Meh, sorry. Point being, I gave reasons for why I suspected both of them. I still don't really like Piggy, though, which is why I'm still voting her.

P-edit: It's a secondary reason for absta. Do you think both scum bussing is likely in a white flag set up (well with the extra black rules).

Not to me, I don't think, but I'd wager that its still likely that scum would bus. If there are people who have a history of hard bussing in the 5p Vengefuls, I think its entirely possible they'd do the same in this game since Lylo is basically like a vengeful where both scum are the GF.

In post 118, Equinox wrote:
In post 116, Voidedmafia wrote:Are you aware at all of her scumreads, or are you asking for the sake of asking?

Soul2277 was pretty clear about their scum reads, so, yes, I was aware. I just didn't see how that necessarily led to "absta101 is probably town."

Ah, I see.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:47 am

Post by absta101 »

So many posts!

Mehdi is a town read.

I'm not confident in my Voided read at all. I've been so wrong about him before.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 141, Voidedmafia wrote:I should be more annoyed than I am. But then it's Thor, so...

Thor is normal.

In post 141, Voidedmafia wrote:I still want something beyond "lol counterwagon", though. Otherwise I can just say the same thing about Absta <_<. (Hint: This means that is terrible reasoning)

What does this have to do with Absta?
I'll toss in 'beard' if you like. Heck, I'll toss in this quoted reaction if you like that too. Happy?

No opinion on any of my other opinions?
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:04 am

Post by Soul2277 »

In post 137, Thor665 wrote:
In post 102, Soul2277 wrote:Equi voting piggy to L-1 with minimal explanation or force. That clear enough?

~Mehdi

Except for it being a scumtell - yes.

Not sure whether this is asking how is that a scum tell or you seeing it's a scum tell. If the second I thought he was scum until his response to the two bussing felt genuine and changed my read. If the first did you not see how helping a mislynch (since I have piggy as a town read) happen is scummy? And how continuing to joke a decent amount when getting to the point of near lynching someone isn't good either? Although meh it's now irrelevant to me.

Voided I've been calling absta town. He's a town read not a scum read.

And voided quote yourself then with what you said toward piggy and what you said toward absta (before I made that post). The main point isn't that you haven't talked about both is that the amount of talking you've done on absta felt higher then how much you talked on piggy before yet you kept your vote on piggy.

~Mehdi
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 144, Soul2277 wrote:If the first did you not see how helping a mislynch (since I have piggy as a town read) happen is scummy? And how continuing to joke a decent amount when getting to the point of near lynching someone isn't good either?

Have you ever played with Voided scum/town before, and does this read take any such experience into consideration?
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:21 am

Post by Soul2277 »

I've played with town voided once in dirty dealing and read his play in Reverse Mafia Rudex. Specific difference wise I don't see one although meta while he's commented on piggy his experience of her to be affecting his read more (specifically she faked a pr as town). OS actually knows his scum meta well and I can wait til Tuesday vs reading his scum games fully.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 am

Post by absta101 »

VOTE: Voided
and i'm only on your 5th ISO post.

Voided wrote:You didn't do that, either. Why is Equi a better wagon than you?
Bullshit question. I know i'm town therefore his waggon will always be better than mine.
What answer did you expect?

So you're pointing out how you're scummy for us, is that it? I'm all for scum shooting themselves in the foot, but jeez, man, you could make it harder than this.
You think i'm scum for this? Explain the scum motivation.

Absta's a competitor, though.

Explain this.

Meh, sorry. Point being, I gave reasons for why I suspected both of them. I still don't really like Piggy, though, which is why I'm still voting her.
No you haven't.
- The only times you 'explained' your Piggy read was when Cer asked you about him.
- Post #60 is dedicated to me yet there's no explanation for why i'm scum.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 am

Post by absta101 »

Sixty wrote:We were voting absta101 to see who would switch wagons if we did that. There were several voices raised against absta101 yet no votes going ----> that way, so we were checking who felt happy jumping off Piggy and onto someone else who was gathering suspicion. Not much came of it.
This is also a nicer way of saying "we were trying to misslynch absta".

Assuming you were scumhunting. Why would scum move from Piggy to absta? What made you suspect scum were on Piggy's waggon?
What do the results of your 'investigation' tell you?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 143, Thor665 wrote:What does this have to do with Absta?
I'll toss in 'beard' if you like. Heck, I'll toss in this quoted reaction if you like that too. Happy?

No opinion on any of my other opinions?

What's so hard to understand? Voting me and saying "lolcounterwagon" wouldn't get me anywhere for switching from PIggy to Absta without reasoning behind it. Why should you be any different?

As for the other part, I admit I haven't looked over your posts with a fine comb.

In post 144, Soul2277 wrote:
Voided I've been calling absta town. He's a town read not a scum read.

Fine, fine. That doesn't change my point, which you've neglected to actually address.

And voided quote yourself then with what you said toward piggy and what you said toward absta (before I made that post). The main point isn't that you haven't talked about both is that the amount of talking you've done on absta felt higher then how much you talked on piggy before yet you kept your vote on piggy.

~Mehdi

Stuff about Piggy
More stuff about Piggy (more specifically the 1st point; the third also applies)

vs.

Stuff about Absta

I'd say I've talked about both of them equally overall.

In post 147, absta101 wrote:and i'm only on your 5th ISO post.

What happened to that "Oh, dear, I may be wrong on him" attitude?

(also, 5th ISO? So you're just responding to me, is that it?)

Bullshit question. I know i'm town therefore his waggon will always be better than mine.

But I know I'm town, yet don't know if you and/or Equi are town. Therefore, if Equi is called scummy for something you also did (or didn't) do, why should I not call you scummy for it, too?

What answer did you expect?

(psst, it was semi-rhetorical.)

You think i'm scum for this? Explain the scum motivation.

It's not a question of "scum or town motivation" its the fact that the actions you've so clearly described are scummy, and since you're talking about yourself, its akin to shooting yourself in the foot.

Explain this.

Um...you just quoted it.

No you haven't.
- The only times you 'explained' your Piggy read was when Cer asked you about him.

That'd be "explaining my read," thank you. Also check 116 (or around there).

- Post #60 is dedicated to me yet there's no explanation for why i'm scum.

It is?

(Goddammit, I don't want my meta to be "writes tons of walls" or "spams responses", people!)
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.

Return to “Completed Open Games”