Micro 75: Bureaucracy Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I would assume you are talking about Maestro asking how he was bullying you?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Post by Maestro »

No, I asked if his paper said anything about a weird symbol. There is no weird symbol on the papers, mine just references a weird symbol, which I cannot read. While I'm at it, why not tell y'all the rest. Maybe then Jake will trust me enough to contribute a little about what his says, since it won't be the other way around.

I will post a full reveal of my paper when I get home in a few minutes.
Till then, UNVOTE:
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Don't do anything that will get you mod (or scum) killed.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Post by Maestro »

Ok, sorry, couldn't get back to this briefly.
RL bullshit...don't really wanna deal with this right now, no offense.

But anyway. My paper said that maverick_alpha is something. The something is a weird symbol or a gibberish phrase that I cannot read. It is implied that I need to be of higher rank etc. to understand what the symbol is and therein ascertain what exactly maverick_alpha is. In addition to this "paper thing", I am assuming another mechanic which will come into play is promotions, within our "company", of course. I was also told that tonight (or I assume any other night) I could give my paper to somebody else, but that alternatively, if I died holding the paper, it would be lost forever.

So there. That's what it said. Pretty sure none of that is quoted; I shouldn't be Modkilled. If I am NKed at this point, lynch maverick_alpha within the next couple of days unless he does some damn good stuff for this Town.

But either way, for now: VOTE: maverick_alpha
maverick_alpha
maverick_alpha
Goon
maverick_alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Post by maverick_alpha »

hsng on a sec, so if I were to pick up that piece of paper Maestro picked up, essentially I'd gain nothing from it, seeing it's telling me what I am (role?)

So, we know the notes reference other players. So would that mean if for some reason no one lynches and the mafia don't NK, we would... at some point, know everyone's roles?

That higher rank thing probably means if Maestro survived Day 1, and I assume Jake's has something similar too.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Post by Maestro »

It's possible the papers were designated with player information before they were given out.
It's also possible that there's no reason to assume the first or last sentences of that post are in any true at all.

Like your quick response time after a vote...

Can you explain what might be meant by the paper?
Are you some kind of power role?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 180, Maestro wrote:It's also possible that there's no reason to assume the first or last sentences of that post are in any true at all.

FTFY if you couldn't tell...that's sarcasm.

There is indeed no reason to assume that any of your post is actually valid.
We have no idea how the papers information works.
maverick_alpha
maverick_alpha
Goon
maverick_alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:06 am

Post by maverick_alpha »

So far I have no idea why the paper might call me... whatever it called me. I don't think it's talking about current roles at all. What if as the game progresses and the players decrease, we get promotions into different roles?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:33 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I can't imagine this one sheet of paper being able to claim Maverick is mafia. Let's be honest, if it meant he was mafia, it'd be way too easy for the town. If he is mafia, it probably would be revealed in many papers. My idea is that the papers were basically assigned to a random person to have an even chance of showing up with anyone, as to not make it unfair to any one person.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:58 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 8

Jake from State Farm (3) - Shamrock, Aj The Epic, Robert2424
Shamrock (2) - njoseph, Jake from State Farm
Breakfast (1) - maverick_alpha
Maestro (1) - pirate mollie
Aj the epic (1) - Breakfast
Maverick_alpha (1) - Maestro

Not voting:

5 to lynch.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 183, Aj The Epic wrote:I can't imagine this one sheet of paper being able to claim Maverick is mafia. Let's be honest, if it meant he was mafia, it'd be way too easy for the town. If he is mafia, it probably would be revealed in many papers. My idea is that the papers were basically assigned to a random person to have an even chance of showing up with anyone, as to not make it unfair to any one person.

This is true, but it also could be for WIFOM's sake with Empking assuming we won't believe the information we're given...even if it isn't much information.
At this point though, I was in a bad place yesterday and I was basically reaction-testing. maverick looks Town after my vote, so UNVOTE: .

Not sure what it means yet, and not sure why you're setup speculating, m_a.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:36 am

Post by pirate mollie »

what does m_a mean?

and what do you mean you were in a bad place yesterday?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 am

Post by Maestro »

m_a = maverick_alpha
bad place = RL shit I said made me not want to deal with Mafia
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:45 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 175, Aj The Epic wrote:I would assume you are talking about Maestro asking how he was bullying you?

no I was referring to the question about the symbol. He asked if I was able to decipher my paper and he made it obvious he was not able to decipher his. My ulterior motive for not telling him the answer was indeed for wifom. At the time you had no clue what exactly any of that means, but now Maestro explained what he said about his paper you can see that what I did was good strategy. It makes mafia have to decide if I have the ability to read the paper or not.

In post 183, Aj The Epic wrote:I can't imagine this one sheet of paper being able to claim Maverick is mafia. Let's be honest, if it meant he was mafia, it'd be way too easy for the town. If he is mafia, it probably would be revealed in many papers. My idea is that the papers were basically assigned to a random person to have an even chance of showing up with anyone, as to not make it unfair to any one person.

the fact is we don't know what maestro's paper says. He can't read it. It could say he is scum but it could easily say he is town. The problem I have with this post is if you are town, why would you care if the game was too easy for town?

also had a thought last night, before maestro spilled the beans on his paper, you seemed to think my paper either gave me the name of a PR or gave me a PR myself. But when I look at the reasons why you think I am scum (all of which are null tells and not true scum tells) and compare them to the possibility that you thought I had a PR, trying to lynch me and have that ability gone out of rotation doesn't seem very town motivated to me.

vote: AJ

I still won't tell you if I can or can't read my paper, but if anyone wants to take a guess at the name of the paper I will be glad to share that in the off chance i actually do get lynched, at least the information won't be completely gone.

@ mod - that vote count is wrong cause maestro had unvoted and voted maverick

@ maestro - why do you think maverick's reaction was pro-town? if anything his reaction was null.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 188, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ maestro - why do you think maverick's reaction was pro-town? if anything his reaction was null.

If this makes any sense...the reaction being null is a Towntell to me. A very slight one, but enough of one to make me back off for now, especially when we wasted a lot of the day hashing out our own little argument. If his reaction had been overblown to either direction I would've taken a closer look at why, etc. but it wasn't. It just kindof came off as him just seeing a vote and taking in what it could mean, which, as I said, is a slight Towntell.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:51 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 188, Jake from State Farm wrote:also had a thought last night, before maestro spilled the beans on his paper, you seemed to think my paper either gave me the name of a PR or gave me a PR myself. But when I look at the reasons why you think I am scum (all of which are null tells and not true scum tells) and compare them to the possibility that you thought I had a PR, trying to lynch me and have that ability gone out of rotation doesn't seem very town motivated to me.

vote: AJ

Oh, so now you want to attack me on the grounds that gaining a power role would clear you as town? I highly doubt that. Anyone could grab the paper, therefore meaning town and scum, and anyone could then gain the advantage of what was on the paper. So, you having a paper doesn't make you any more town than me not having it. Again, a flaky argument.

What's strange is that you say this so late. Wouldn't a town person point it out immediately and say "Hey, if you think I have a power role, then I probably shouldn't be lynched since I'm town" earlier? Yeah. The fact that this thought occurred to you last night, self admittedly, means that you had to put a lot of thought into this.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:29 am

no, I want to attack you because you don't care about the papers and you want them out of circulation. That isn't town motivated.

the fact that I had this thought last night, was due to the fact that last night you repeated yourself and again mentioned that you thought the papers contained that information. There was so much going on the first time you posted it I didn't really catch it.

The fact that I thought of this last night also has no bearing on how much or how little thought I put into it, like that is even relevant anyway. Even if i had put lots of thought into it, it doesn't make it any less true

You have shared your notions on how town should act, let me share some of mine with you.

When you voted me earlier, you originally hesitated before you voted me. - Town should have no reason to hesitate, especially when you changed your mind an hour later with nobody else adding to the conversation.

also when you voted me you said I was in no place to be lynched - this shows cautious behavior. - Town should not have to worry about being cautious.

post 96 - this is where you say you won't fish for information but then you go and fish for information. town should not be fishing.

post 130 - this is the post where you say if I was to be hammered early it would be stupid and would be re-paid in time - This is grandstanding and is unneccessary if you are town. In fact most of your posts where you talk about how a town person should play are examples of grandstanding. Like your way is somehow the only way a person can play and if they don't play by your rules this must mean they are scum. lol

When I put all of this together, this implies someone who is not playing towards a town win condition

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:39 am

Post by Shamrock »

Oh good, Jake is playing the game now and is probably town after all.

In post 157, Robert2424 wrote:
Vote Jake

That is really poor excuse. "I'm on my phone, nothing going to be solid posting from me, skim readings/postings, put what you want to say, I believe you can post just fine off your phone. I would post from my phone if I could and if I could, I would be able to read everything and make just as good judgement as on the computer.

I'm starting to believe everyone else here now....

This guy actually is scum. This vote is overjustified with terrible reasoning - Jake posting from his phone is the most suspicious thing that has happened in 6+ pages? How is it even suspicious at all? If you weren't suspicious of Jake enough to vote for him before, the idea that #154 put you over the edge is pretty silly. Also, Jake was providing plenty of content in the posts he made that preceded this one of Robert's. Robert is just awkwardly hopping on what he thought was a promising bandwagon.

UNVOTE: Jake
VOTE: Robert
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Shamrock »

Speculation on maverick_alpha's role seems pointless btw unless I've missed something important. He's "something"? Great...
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:44 am

interesting observation, when i asked AJ why there was hesitation with his vote on me, maverick was the one who answered the question for him.

not sure if that means anything, I wonder who the other name on the paper is...

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 164, Breakfast wrote:
In post 163, Aj The Epic wrote:
What he said does not mean what he let everyone know. By Jake saying "If he (maestro) is scum, it is better off he doesn't know", we can reduce our options. So, let's talk about the possibilities of what are on that paper.

1. Mafia role(s)
2. Mafia name(s) (member of... obviously not, that'd be overpowered and too easy)
3. Town role(s) (perhaps associated with a name, most likely not...)
4. Town name(s) (people who are town)
5. A gifted power role.

Now, he said it's better he doesn't know if he is scum. Basically, it is better the scum doesn't know, since we don't know WHO is scum. Now, which of the following would be advantageous to the mafia to know? Not 1, 2, or 4. They know all of that already, bar a third party member. 3 and 5 are the only things beneficial to the mafia to know. And, from Maestro, we know it's almost an inventor ability if it can be given. So yes, Jake did give it away. I didn't need to role fish at all.

1, 2, or 4 - they, and probably anything else, are all things that if Jake knows, he might not want scum to know that he knows. Hence "it's better if he doesn't know."

Also,
6. Team switch
7. Alternate victory condition (collect 5 pieces of paper to win?)
8. Blank

Stop fishing, if he's town he'll tell us when he thinks the time is right.

this post pings hard.

VOTE: breakfast
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:51 am

Post by njoseph »

I wasn't pinged]
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Tazaro »

But wouldn't there have to be relatively sizeable amount of scum for #6 to be reasonable?
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Shamrock »

In post 195, pirate mollie wrote:this post pings hard.

VOTE: breakfast

Why?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:54 am

Post by njoseph »

In post 197, Tazaro wrote:But wouldn't there have to be relatively sizeable amount of scum for #6 to be reasonable?

This was posted by me.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”