Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:51 am

Post by Deadpool »

Where did they admit they were scum?
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:52 am

Post by Justin Timberlake »

Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 am

Post by Deadpool »

Okay, lets do it. I love the instant gratification of hammering people when the mod is online.

VOTE: Sixty
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 am

In post 600, Deadpool wrote:Where did they admit they were scum?

I didn't actually say they had it's just implied strongly by the things I stated. I mean Cerulean + us are telling you they're as confirmed as scum can be in a vanilla set-up. Don't keep us waiting any longer. Thor's been lame enough.

Pedit: Wheee
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 am

Post by Cerulean »

Seriously, please hammer. This game is going to stall while we wait on this lynch.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:54 am

Post by Cerulean »

Oh yay! Okay now we wait.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:55 am

I wonder what they're gonna flip?
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Cerulean »

It's a nail biter.

Oh, soul - ill read your wall later and respond.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Last several posts have all been OS. We're fairly agreed on town read wise (one last wall for concurrent reads later). DP's hammer just helps him as town (since I think he wouldn't need to ask those questions if he were in a scum qt with them).

~Mehdi
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:14 pm

That's a silly read (I mean I think Abstta's town but that's a bad reason to declare someone town. Anyone insta hammering on someone else's say so would be weird, even if it he eventually kinda did)
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:17 pm

(Plus F-16's first post is actually kind of boring. I mean he talks about a null read, that's how boring it is)
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

In post 591, Justin Timberlake wrote:
In post 588, Soul2277 wrote:You're wrong. Are you really on basing the scum read on OS because you think I sounded fake after Sixty came in and hammered?

??? The answer to this is fairly obviously no.

You and Regfan's play here is making me really question whether or not I'll want to actively play with you two again.

Oh. I'm heartbroken. Why's that? Is it because we don't match your high standards or because I called OS a fucking idiot (after being told to fuck off :roll: )? (I assume this is mehdi, because if not OS is referring to himself in the 3rd person although it's not signed. Doesn't matter anyway!)

Then why are you calling us scum? Because Mehdi is acting mechanical like he does normally? Asking questions? Like he does normally? And I specifically said OS there for a reason. Yes that was me talking in third person.

I raged at Blackberry in that game (probably a year ago now) because he aggregated the shit out of me and wasn't going to lynch mafia plus he had caught me for the wrong reasons IMO.

Empire I replaced into Purified Mafia and what do you know... Completely unlike my play here.

No matter how hard Faraday and Regfan try to spin it this is my town meta. We are not scum.

I apologize for saying fuck off. I need a break from this game. I
Just think you both are being very divergent from what I remember of your personalities and we definitely are not serif eye to eye.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

If you want more accurate scum game stuff, Empire, go to Paranoia Mafia.

I was kinda surprised you didn't seeing as it has OS and Tierce scum meta in one game.
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:28 pm

In post 611, Soul2277 wrote:Then why are you calling us scum? Because Mehdi is acting mechanical like he does normally? Asking questions? Like he does normally? And I specifically said OS there for a reason. Yes that was me talking in third person.

I don't think any of the above is scummy. That'd be silly.

Please quote where your meta is being spun?

Was it here?

In post 594, Justin Timberlake wrote:I've seen him flip out as town too. Him trying to make it less than Null is silly. IIRC he was pretty angry in brightest day as scum(cult) too.

Where I say it's a null tell? Is calling you raging a null tell, (when it is) spinning your meta oversoul?

So now we're 'spinning your meta' and 'twisting your words' (which I've asked for and you haven't shown)
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.

The psychologist reflected on the situation. They'd been going up the mountain for several hours, now; the morning was long gone, and even the afternoon didn't look like it would last that much longer. Even so, none of the remaining nine prisoners had cracked under the pressure. They were doing impressively well, really. Of course, these were the people who'd survived the killings back at the prison; so at least statistically, they could be expected to be more resourceful than average, or at least more resilient.

The principles behind what she was doing were sound enough, anyway. She was punishing the whole group for the crimes of a few. (Well, they'd all done crimes, or else they wouldn't be here. But she meant, recently.) Perhaps surprisingly, this typically worked better than just punishing the people responsible. A common trick for preventing a group of prisoners escaping was to threaten to, if one of them escaped, punish the rest of them; she hadn't had to do that herself yet, but she definitely would if she thought it would help and that she could go through with it. To some extent, that trick relied on people being unwilling to betray their friends; but more strongly, it also relied on it giving them a strong incentive to prevent each other escaping on the first place, an effect that would work even with the most extreme sociopaths.

This situation, although not quite the same, was similar. The prisoners could hardly be enjoying climbing the mountain. She was finding it pretty arduous herself by this point; going on walks for fun was one thing, but this was something else. And the only way for them to stop – that they were likely to consider, at least – was to own up to who had been performing the killings. (Of course, they could just all, as a group, refuse to keep going, and there'd be nothing she could do about it. But she was sure that they wouldn't, just as long as she stayed in control of the situation. So she had to keep climbing, no matter what.)

And then, another scream, another fall. At this point, it couldn't be a coincidence.

She wondered what was going on. One of her assumptions had to be wrong at this point; this wasn't meant to work like this. And then she realised it: perhaps the prisoners themselves didn't know who the ringleaders were either?

Suddenly, everything fell into place. The prisoners were using her own tricks against each other; if the ringleaders wouldn't admit to what they'd done, the prisoners would try to kill them themselves. Even if they were just killing at random, psychologically you'd expect the plan to work; the "innocent" prisoners would have nothing to lose, because they'd be doomed anyway if they failed to stop the insubordination, but the ringleaders would have to face the probability of death if they didn't own up first. And people don't like facing even a small probability of being executed if they can help it. The Roman army used to punish mutinous units via "decimation", the random execution of 10% of the soldiers responsible; that way, it served as a strong deterrent, while not significantly reducing their fighting power if the punishment had to be carried out. This was the same idea, and she saw no reason why it wouldn't work.

There were a few additional advantages, too. At this point, there was no need to fear a mass rebellion – at least, if enough non-ringleaders remained to stop the ringleaders taking over by force. Anyone who showed any signs of disobedience would almost certainly be executed next. This was another widely used technique for keeping control of a social group; the simple idea of getting everyone else to punish anyone who showed signs of doubting the leader let one person keep control of almost unlimited numbers. The technique had been used to hold dictatorships together, and, more prosaically, to win reality TV shows.

For the first time in hours, the psychologist smiled. She didn't even have to turn round this time; she knew everything was well in hand. She just kept climbing, and she knew the remaining prisoners would follow.

Sixty, Mafia Goon, was lynched day 2

And we're straight onto day 3!
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Vote: SOUL

Think it's N/Soul as the final 2 scum.

Cerulean are literally ++ town.
Jessie is ++ town.
Think Thor is fairly town
Think Absta slot was towntelling hard with the thread lock and lots of other stuff.

(Also have a suspicion Tierce put no buddies in her TOWNLIST but that's just me being a cool guy guesswork guy)

1 scum and 3 lynches. Think we can DO THIS.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

If you are going to say that a cult game from a year ago and then my play as a traitor in a borked ass setup when my own teammate outted me is apart of my meta then yes. Fine. Technically you aren't spinning my fucking meta.

The twisting my words I already said with regards to the bussing comment and if you read the wall you would see that.

Unless I am missing where you asked me.

Anymore comments from us today will probably be Mehdi.

And you are so lucky Mehdi thinks you are town out of this whole ordeal.

Good night.
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:36 pm

I read your wall. That's not remotely twisting your words or your meta? I said it was a null tell. I mean Empire linked to a more recent example in Chrono Trigger anyway? Did you actually click the links or are you trying to meet your daily buzz words quota.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Did you not read what I said? I fuckimg know that.
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:38 pm

What's being a traitor got to do with anything? It's shows you're perfectly capable of raging as scum doesn't it? Do we need to find an open nightless game before we meet your expectations?
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Relax. Who do you think the final 2 scum are?
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Posting from my phone to say that I'm super stoked about that flip.

We're going to need to take this game very slowly. I want to make damn sure this is a D3 Town Win.

I first want to hear Regfan's thoughts especially regarding OS's catch-up wall.

We need to consider the possibility that Sixty were trying to Piggy.

More when I come back.

~Empire
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Oh. I forgot Piggy was in the game, actually. I should check her interactions with N/Soul since I think the final 2 scum are in that trio.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by Cerulean »

EBWOP: possibility that Sixty were trying to bus Piggy.

~Empire
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 pm

well my reservation on it being a bus was that it's such a bad case surely you'd find a better reason to vote a buddy. But I thought the same in abarat so maybe not. Okay, let me go read the shinori case. (maybe)

Return to “Completed Open Games”