Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Jt sure it's weak. I already called him a toen read and was just adding to it (that's the other read I disagree with OS on). Expand on Thor town (yes I remember the reads list but I still want you to explain it more including how his day 2 play was town).

Not sure if I replied to it already, but I find giving reads to be assertive. And I'd also like you to back up the statement that my reads in other town games show more thought.

~Mehdi
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Justin Timberlake »

Honestly Oversoul getting mad at me seems genuine, but I'd probably get mad at me too on occasion regardless of alignment. (P.s. I thought you were scum for the way you voted Sixty and the way they responded to the vote.)
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm

In post 625, Soul2277 wrote:Jt sure it's weak. I already called him a toen read and was just adding to it (that's the other read I disagree with OS on). Expand on Thor town (yes I remember the reads list but I still want you to explain it more including how his day 2 play was town).

I would expect Sixty's buddies to vote him given the opportunity.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

I think given the situations and neither of those were normal games in any form or fashion you'd be able to tell the difference.

OS

Good night everyone
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by Deadpool »

Fucking hell this game is nightless :? I was hoping to catch up during the night...

I guess I'll try to get to this tonight. And I think F-16 semi-caught up, so he should be posting his thoughts soonish.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Would you expect that obvious wagon to have taken so long if both of sixty's partners voted him. As for the last two scum question currently Thor and leaning piggy. Will expand on both later when I'm not phone posting.
VOTE: Thor

~Mehdi
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:50 pm

It says nightless in the fucking title.

^ mod delete the duplicate above if you want
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 631, Justin Timberlake wrote:It says nightless in the fucking title.

That doesn't mean there's no break though? Nightless can still have like a 24-hour break.
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:54 pm

.___________.

Anyway. I vaguely follow your train of thought Soul but don't think it's convincing? Are you saying there's a motive for scum to stall the wagon or something? Like. Absta was being replaced, Sixty won't self vote. 5 votes to lynch, only 7 available. Don't think wagon speed is a big indicator.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

I'm saying your logic doesn't work well (in fact n one of your scum reads didn't even vote sixty).
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:01 pm

N doesn't do anything, though. And he was waiting for them to post before hammering as opposed to pushing a different wagon.

Anyway going to go meta piggy for a bit. Want to see if she's ballsy scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 588, Soul2277 wrote:No other reasoning Even though Cerulean used a line that you posted in your Awards and Metagame topic? About you being sketchier despite doing similar things as another player just because you are Thor?

What other reasoning would you expect? I already called it bad and unbalanced, so...?

In post 588, Soul2277 wrote:I was talking about how you think they were intelligent enough to not ask that question when in my mind you did a similar thing with regards to Jesse. So yes I think that is hypocritical. Calling out another player for something and then doing it yourself.

:?
I called out someone for asking for clarification of what someone else (or myself) meant?
I call shenanigans - quote it to prove me wrong.

@Ceru - sorry I did that for yesterday, but I wanted to actually see who would be interested in a counterwagon. Jesse bit, but I wanted to then see how Sixty would respond - but, yeah, he went for power lurk to avoid tells.

Vote: Jesse

I think Piggy and N are both likely town.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

How is she ballsy this game. She's posted awkwardly but that's similar to her scum start in futurama. And she's been pretty passive after day 1 (reminiscent of her micro play in a past zoro micro).

~Mehdi
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

N is likely town today, but beard said he was suspicious yesterday without much flow between reads? I won't deal with quoting you right now though (later today when I'm home sure).

~Mehdi
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 532, Thor665 wrote:So...it's a null tell?

For you? Yes. I mean that post wasn't really about you. You kind of made it about you, but whatever I guess.

In post 533, N wrote:Your post is incredibly hypocritical and shows you're not actually reading the thread. (Not reading the thread is a null-tell, but when you're pretending you're on top of everything, it's not. Also the fact that you quoted my post 436 but clearly didn't read any of it is quite telling.)

This is absolutely ridiculous but if you want to say I'm scummy then just go ahead and say it. Build a case on it. Do something.

But this is exciting.

Vote: Soul
And who's going to stop me...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I actually find both of the last two posts here terrible.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by Faraday »

Yeah. I think Jessie would probably not think a counterwagon was viable, so don't find that scummy. Did Jessie find N scummy Day 1, though? That'd be at least somewhat interesting.

How is she ballsy this game. She's posted awkwardly but that's similar to her scum start in futurama. And she's been pretty passive after day 1 (reminiscent of her micro play in a past zoro micro).

'Would it be scummy if' was sort of ballsy. She does that type of thing as scum so it's null. (Well based on a quick skim of Reverse she did something along those lines so she's possibly scum definitely)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Yeah. I think Jessie would probably not think a counterwagon was viable, so don't find that scummy. Did Jessie find N scummy Day 1, though? That'd be at least somewhat interesting.

'Would it be scummy if' was sort of ballsy. She does that type of thing as scum so it's null. (Well based on a quick skim of Reverse she did something along those lines so she's possibly scum definitely)

^ me
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 641, Faraday wrote:Yeah. I think Jessie would probably not think a counterwagon was viable, so don't find that scummy. Did Jessie find N scummy Day 1, though? That'd be at least somewhat interesting.

All I know is Jesse doesn't find N scummy today - which is also an interesting switch.
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 641, Faraday wrote:Yeah. I think Jessie would probably not think a counterwagon was viable, so don't find that scummy. Did Jessie find N scummy Day 1, though? That'd be at least somewhat interesting.

Not really. There wasn't really much for me to dissect from N on Day 1. N was really a null read for me until Day 2. I don't really think a counterwagon on Thor is viable at this moment.

In post 643, Thor665 wrote:All I know is Jesse doesn't find N scummy today - which is also an interesting switch.

That’s not accurate. But I only have one vote to share unfortunately.
And who's going to stop me...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

What caused the shift then?
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Spoiler: Because I hate looking at even my own wall posts
In post 569, Oversoul wrote:
So conflicted about this post... the jumpiness looks scummy but when I look at her motivation it appears genuine. Nonetheless, Piggy, have you always hated RVS?

Not always, but recently yes, it's why I've stopped /inning for games after this one, I'm horrible at starts, but it's serious pig time, so beware. (the fact that I even read this post can tell you that I'm actually being legit with the game xD Doesn't happen often)

Piggy, be completely honest, why did you start *this* game like you did?
Do you find replacing into a game to still "count" for you? I'm not elaborating on this second question.

Sometimes I start, and my little piggy feet run free in a field of flowers and it's like lollipops and rainbows from there on out. Sometimes I start and when I try to run, I trip on some mud, fall flat on my face, and then a flash fire usually starts and everyone wants some fresh bacon :/ It's a 50/50 chance really, it's not like I
wanted
to start this game off so terribly, it just sort of happened.

I find replacing in to be even better. I love replacing in, and that's probably all I'm going to do for the rest of my time (at least until next year) on mafia. Especially if people already have a read on your slot, because that way you know you are either town, and they've pegged you right so just keep chugging along, or they peg you wrong and you have to make them see you in a bright shiny light, or you're scum and they've pegged you town so you just skip along merrily till end game or they've got you right and you need to slap them all in the face and make them see the bright shiny mislynch that you have to lead them too.
I'm such a better play (at least in my own eyes) later on in days, because I've got nice juicy posts that make ISOs just beautiful for giving me reads, and it just takes me a while to get motivated sometimes. (especially with all these wall posts >.< Piggies don't like to read you know!! (lol, I keep saying that I don't like to read, even irl, except I'm reading the whole Maximum Ride series right now, so every time someone sees me, I've got my nose burried in a book >.<))

You called for him to post in the game. What do you expect him to post? If he is doing it a reread of the game up to that point, information is already going to be available to him and he is going to end up talking about stuff that has already happened.

When I expect someone to come in and make a post, I expect to see their view and spin on things. Not barfing up what we already all know. This is probably the one and only reason why cases are good and townie, because they let the rest of the players know a new way of looking at things. So in my opinion, all Jesse had done was, like I said, reiterate what had already been stated, instead of giving us another way of looking at things, and that will always and forever be scummy.

I'll just answer this all here:
In post 241, N wrote:This is such a cop out. You're saying me wagonning in RVS is a town-tell and when I press for more info on where you got that idea from, you say ongoing games? How can something you've picked up from my ongoing games be a town-tell? You don't know my alignment in those games and if I try and press you too hard you can just avoid talking about ongoing games.

This made me reconsider a lot of things. I've definitely been in the place that Piggy is where I think I know someone's alignment based on an ongoing game. Tierce and Faraday can back me up on that. They were the victims of my weakness when it comes to that which makes me reconsider my opinion about Piggy and the things she's saying. However I definitely agree with N here because I do find that to be a cop out as he explained.

This is another reason why I absolutely love replacing in, if I'm not playing the game, my reads become 95% accurate, it's creepily amazing, but that's why I'll just read along with ongoing games like it's an addiction (I'm actually starting to wonder if I am addicted...) because I find joy in watching the players do what I'm shouting at them to do in my head, and it turns out I was right ^.^ It's why I would love to play a game as a tree-stump. I think that would just be absolutely fantastical.

In any case, VOTE: Thor
It's pretty much come down to PoE here, and the fact that I've had a bad feeling about Thor all game.
Anyone find it fishy how such an egotistical maniac like him keeps his RVS vote down until almost 100 posts later, which is 28 of his own posts later, which, in fact, do have him talking about how others are being scummy.

In 136 he starts the Voided (confirmed townie now) as a "lulz counterwagon for piggy" ...then what was the Cerulean vote he had? Were you not serious about pushing the Ceru lynch?

And... DARN IT! WHY DID I NOT CARE ENOUGH ABOUT THIS GAME TO MAKE THIS CALL EARLIER D:< I've been thinking about this since those wall arguments - Sixty and Thor in Reverse Mafia were pretty much at each others throats all game, even when Thor got confirmed town! And yet, there's barely any discussion between the two of them at all. Unless they decided to mature, get clean shaven, and forget about the past (like they'd ever do that!) then I'm guessing they put their little disputes and dislike of each other behind them because they were on the same team.

As for the third scum... well I guess it would be N, pretty much only N and the absta slot are in my "null" catagory, and everyone else is really high up in the town list. (though Jesse keeps slipping down, then climbing back up, so he's another lynch I'd go for)
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by N »

In post 543, Justin Timberlake wrote:Finished reading through Micro 4 properly, the reasoning behind the reads he stated were extremely weak with the logic being very paper-thin such as "X is scumhunting so I think town" "Y has town tone so I think town" his only scum-read was his partner who he bussed upon replacing in, rest of the game he didn't do all that much scumhunting, just filler-posting really. Also sometime to note is that in Micro 5 he wasn't actually mafia, was recruited cult and was recruited late game from what the posts inside Micro 4 states so this isn't really a game to use for scum-meta, with that said he stated that he thought Tim was the cult leader (cultists don't know leader) but still tried bussing him for town cred in Post #194 of the game. Can use up until D4 as town meta though; His reads have slightly more meat and logic attached to them and his questions and posts show a great more detail of thought process and effort behind them. Lastly Open 443 reads are actually considerably better than his other scum-game, a lot more effort into it but his follow up into his scum-reads and his change of reads are very unnatural, something to note; he initially town-read his partner, then turned it around and ended up pushing on him at the end - some of it is likely due to being forced to due to the open game nature but think there's a pattern of willingness to buss here. Probably need to take a look at one or two of his town games in slightly more detail tomorrow too then re-read his play this game to finish it up. Empire, you should give all of these a read - well particularly Micro 4 and Open 443.

I was in Micro 4 and I think Mehdi's play there is completely different to how it is here. It may just be that it was an early game, but he followed the crowd there whereas here he is actively asking questions and making his own reads.

In post 624, Justin Timberlake wrote:well my reservation on it being a bus was that it's such a bad case surely you'd find a better reason to vote a buddy. But I thought the same in abarat so maybe not. Okay, let me go read the shinori case. (maybe)

I agree with this; I find Piggy to be incredibly scummy (actively scummy in the early game, and now her last post with actual content was #295), but the fact that Sixty made that horrible case on her just really makes me doubt they're buddies.

In post 639, JesseSheffield wrote:
In post 533, N wrote:Your post is incredibly hypocritical and shows you're not actually reading the thread. (Not reading the thread is a null-tell, but when you're pretending you're on top of everything, it's not. Also the fact that you quoted my post 436 but clearly didn't read any of it is quite telling.)

This is absolutely ridiculous but if you want to say I'm scummy then just go ahead and say it. Build a case on it. Do something.

Lol.

Okay, I think you're scummy. Also, what is your case on me? If you're going to call that shit in #519 a case, you're worse as scum than Sixty.

VOTE: Jesse
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by N »

In post 647, N wrote:her last post with actual content was #295
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Piggy - correct me if I'm wrong, but your scum case on me is that I pushed "confirmed town" instead of pushing your lynch? Because I would think you would find someone starting a counterwagon to you to be the definition of a town tell.

Return to “Completed Open Games”