greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Post by greygnarl »

In post 123, Josh Lyman wrote:That is NOT all. You also confirmed what he said. And you're vote-hopping more than a toad.

Vote: greygnarl

You asked for a list of cubes and who claimed. I gave it to you. Please shut up.

And in case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to get this game moving. Where my vote is means less than shit at this point.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Lalala~
VOTE: Josh Lyman
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by CF Riot »

lol no.

pedit: that's at GG.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

In post 124, Malakittens wrote:Why would you want a list of claimed cubes?..

What benefit would that be to you?

To save me the time of going through the thread again and looking myself. To see who's paired with who, weigh that against my own scumlist, and just be extra reasoning.

What do you care why I want it?
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Post by greygnarl »

You have a "list" and yet you lurk like this, fail to contribute to the game, and in general ask useless questions? 2 minutes for the lis tor you're scum.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Post by greygnarl »

GIVE US THE LIST!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 93, Josh Lyman wrote:Pretty sure I know who both scum are, and I'm not one of them.
Josh Lyman wrote:That is NOT all. You also confirmed what he said. And you're vote-hopping more than a toad.

I hope I'm not the only one who sees something.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by CF Riot »

In post 124, Malakittens wrote:What benefit would that be to you?
Now that he answered, what benefit would that be to scum?
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by greygnarl »

I have an answer but I guess you want Mala to answer first.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Try and figure out what I'm seeing in the meantime.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I think scum are more often wanting to know the pairing of the whole game.
I did not like Josh's jump onto GG. If anything that can be a weak bus if GG flips scum.

I also see town wanting to reread rather than being lazy and not examining it closely.

You say you know who the scum are, but don't give reasons or to whom.
You vote GG for not him not saying that mb and him are a cube, but that's common sense.
I want your reads now.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by greygnarl »

I was going to say scum want to appear to be doing something by asking questions that accomplish nothing.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Unless you have meta to back it up being lazy isn't a scumtell, and in this specific instance the information he wanted didn't require close examination of the thread. It just needed one person who knows what's going on to re-post it, then we're all back on the same page. What info do you have to support your assumption that scum want to know the pairs more than town? Or are you just pulling that one out of the back door?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Post by Bitmap »

I'll catch-up tomorrow.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 am

Post by guille2015 »

VOTE COUNT 1.05With 8 alive it's 5 votes to Lynch.

Voting for:

Bitmap (0):
Om of the Nom (0):
Josh Lyman (3):
iamausername, greygnarl, Om of the Nom

Moneybags (0):
iamausername (0):
Malakittens (1):
CF Riot(0):
greygnarl (4):
Malakittens, Bitmap, CF Riot, Josh Lyman

Not voting (): Moneybags

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-11-30 08:34:00)
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:26 am

Post by guille2015 »

Moneybags has been prodded.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 am

Post by Malakittens »

Being lazy isn't a scum tell by itself, but I would think that town would examanine the thread more closely to get accurate reads as opposed to really half-assed or fake reads.
Okay, but clearly it's common sense that MB said GG was his cube. I don't get the vote on GG by JL just because GG didn't say I also confirmed that I'm his cube.

I don't have any information, but just by going by normal mafia standards. I take pairing as cubes as someone who is claiming. So, asking for cubes to me seems role fishing, but it's not the same thing directly. Like role fishing only helps the scum team.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:01 am

Post by CF Riot »

Unvote

I could see MB hammering and I'm not done with D1 yet.

In post 141, Malakittens wrote:Okay, but clearly it's common sense that MB said GG was his cube. I don't get the vote on GG by JL just because GG didn't say I also confirmed that I'm his cube.
I'm not following this post. Maybe it's worded awkwardly, maybe it's me, Idk but could you try this again in a different format?

The role fishing thing doesn't apply here. Role fishing is looking for hidden information from town. What he was asking for was not hidden information. Just for the sake of argument, I feel scum are less likely to try and pull pair claims because they already know 2 of the 4, which also makes it easier to guess at the other 2, and even if they don't figure it out they're both equally town/town so it shouldn't matter much to them.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:22 am

Post by greygnarl »

She's saying that she thinks Lyman voted me because I failed to mention that I confirmed Moneybags as my cube. She doesn't understand why he voted me because of it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by iamausername »

In post 119, CF Riot wrote:Read the game now. Ambivalent about claiming cubes. Had Moneybags as a scumread based off a misunderstanding of the setup but I figured that out so now he's null, but I wouldn't miss him and GG is kinda scummy so I'm okay voting him. I'm leery of the multiple people calling IAUN town. He hasn't done anything scummy but I don't really see anything he's done to make others want to call him town. Mala is scummy too I guess.

vote: greygnarl

What did you misunderstand about the setup and why did it lead you to believe Moneybags was scummy?

Why are greygnarl and Malakittens scummy?

In post 123, Josh Lyman wrote:That is NOT all. You also confirmed what he said. And you're vote-hopping more than a toad.

This is absolutely ridiculous. It's blindingly obvious that greygnarl assumed it would be taken for granted that if he is Moneybags' cube, Moneybags would be his cube. That's just common sense. There is no way you could seriously think he was trying to intentionally mislead you as to whether or not he had confirmed Moneybags' claim when that information is obviously readily available in the thread. You're clearly just reaching for an excuse to hop onto the greygnarl wagon.

In post 135, Malakittens wrote:I did not like Josh's jump onto GG. If anything that can be a weak bus if GG flips scum.

Do you really think it looks like a bus? Especially a 'weak' bus? It was an L-1 vote; surely that fact alone would preclude it from being 'weak'.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by greygnarl »

LOGIC!
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by CF Riot »

@IAUN: I was considering the cost/benefit of claiming partners for scum and town, and I had the thought that scum may favor a public partner claim so their buddy would know who not to lynch, but then I remembered this was nightless and scum have daytalk so obviously they already know. So MB seemed scummy for wanting to out his pairing so badly but then not because that makes no sense and GG's reaction to the whole thing seemed pretty bad, which of course makes MB look better since them being scum is an either/or situation. There's actually quite a few things GG has done that I find scummy. One I already listed was calling you prob-town for "trying to get things done" which I felt was weak and could easily be faked by scum. The others I'm sitting on because I actually want to hear why Lyman thinks GG is scum, because I guess I had a reading fail on post 123 and now that I understand it I agree it's a weak reason to be L-1 on the wagon.

Mala scum read came from the bad reaction to being voted. See posts 56, 58, 61, iso 4-6. Frustration due to not being able to talk her way out of the votes, then discrediting the votes which were explained as gut by calling them random and bs. She also held onto her Om vote for quite a while without ever stating a reason for it then dropped it without mentioning anything he's done to change her read.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

CF - OM tends to be aggressive as scum, but this game he is not. He likes to buddy as scum, he'll pick a player and buddy them. Sometimes he'll do it as town, but it reads more jokingly. When he buddies as scum he tends to defend them against others.

I'm also not liking the fact he isn't calling me town or scum based on an earlier post. He knows how I play as both alignments, but chooses to not give out a read.

I'm going to self meta, but I always have frustration and I normally can't get rid of a wagon without help. Only way is with a possible claim, but even then it sometimes will fail.

I have a strong view on gut. We disagree on it, but that doesn't make me scummy.

Read this game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=23006
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Wait, are you giving me the reason you think Om is scum, or the reason you don't? Cause you just said he's aggressive as scum but he's not aggressive this game, which should be a towntell right?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 63, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 57, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 56, Malakittens wrote:Are you literally just jumping on any player?

Gut is not a good reason by itself to vote someone. Nor can I argue you off about your read because I can't dispute gut. Find something I did scummy and call me out on it. Otherwise I will just come to the conclusion you are hopping around on players to see if you can't get others to follow.

Wrong.

See: every one of OM's games.

Mala is being way too jittery and it's making me worried. However I can't discern whether or not this is coming from town or scum Mala so I'm not ready to vote just on that yet.
Oh, while I'm at it, might as well remove my RVS vote lol.
UNVOTE:

Honestly this is the post where I'm leaning more on a scum Om than a town Om.
I think he's trying to be careful on giving a clear read on me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”