Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
Deadline: Mon 3 Dec, 10:37 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-12-03 10:37:00)
)
With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

JT: Yeah actually you did 100% get it. I was thrown off a little bit for a second by your wording (my end, not yours) but yeah, post 1007 was completely accurate. I mean I actually don't think I could make it even clearer for N but I'm going to attempt it.

In post 1021, N wrote:Are you seriously going to continue with this? Post 912, you said "N wouldn’t attempt to bus and distance, he just threw out a one liner and then let it drop." Post 922, I thought you were referring to the fact that I claimed intent to hammer Sixty, but in post 935, you said you were actually talking about what I said about Thor (that I had a townread on him). So if "N wouldn’t attempt to bus and distance, he just threw out a one liner and then let it drop" was referring to Thor, how is 936 invalid? How is it not what you said?
(Hint: you thought I was attempting to bus and distance Thor is exactly what you said.)

Oh my God. What is wrong with you. You just said it yourself right here how are you not understanding this.

In post 1021, N wrote:(Hint: you thought I was attempting to bus and distance Thor is exactly what you said.)

In post 912, JesseSheffield wrote:
N wouldn’t attempt to bus and distance
, he just threw out a one liner and then let it drop. That’s a good way of dropping your scum partner’s name to potentially cover your ass later without doing any damage.

I mean I don’t get it, are you thrown off by the comma? Are you reading the word “wouldn’t” as “would”? And this:

In post 936, N wrote:No, this is bullshit. How is saying I have a townread on Thor attempting to "bus and distance"?

is invalid because I nowhere, not once, not ever said you were attempting to bus and distance. Let me repeat.

, he just threw out a one liner and then let it drop. That’s a good way of dropping your scum partner’s name to potentially cover your ass later without doing any damage.

, he just threw out a one liner and then let it drop.

And who's going to stop me...
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Jesse what are your non n reads? JT and thor mainly.

~Mehdi
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

And thor/emp can you answer the questions I made towards you in 1006.

~Mehdi
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by Cerulean »

I try to go for the most recent ones. If you have a more recent game as either alignment, feel free to post it here.

~Empire.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I have expanded plenty - you can either call me a liar or you can vote Jesse.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by N »

Okay, I know that was supposed to clear stuff up, Jesse; bit it makes it worse. What's the rest of that quote (912) about if not accusing me of bussing and distancing Thor?

Also, you never answered the question of how you got a scumread on JT. (Or, if you don't, why you were being intentionally obtuse to someone you think town.)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by Justin Timberlake »

Jesus. Jessie didn't consider the rest of 912 distancing, at all. He's saying you wouldn't do X. You'd do Y. So you'd not distance. You'd thrown out a one liner about your partner. X=/=Y in Jessie's mind.

BED TIME.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Which actually is an accusation of distancing, not of bussing, natch.
Not that I see how that debate holds anything but boredom for us. Is it going anywhere?
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

In post 1028, Mehdi2277 wrote:And thor/emp can you answer the questions I made towards you in 1006.

~Mehdi

Here emp. A game that ended less then 2 days ago for me.

Micro 63

I also already have pretty much called you a liar (well mafia). I can still question you though.

~Mehdi
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 1031, N wrote:Okay, I know that was supposed to clear stuff up, Jesse; bit it makes it worse. What's the rest of that quote (912) about if not accusing me of bussing and distancing Thor?

I don't understand how it could possibly make it worse. It is SO simple. You said you had a town read on Thor... Last time I checked that’s not bussing. I don’t think I ever said that was bussing. Apparently you’re under the impression I think that’s bussing (where you got that inane idea I have zero idea). I mean is this somehow confusing to you:

In post 912, JesseSheffield wrote:That’s a good way of dropping your scum partner’s name to potentially cover your ass later without doing any damage.

because I’m fairly confident this:

In post 513, N wrote:I was starting to think the third could be Thor, because he hadn't called me scummy yet (he always seems to - okay, in the two completed games we have together he did), but he just voted for me so that's all okay.

is not bussing and distancing. Which is exactly what I DIDN’T say you were doing in post 912.

I’m honestly trying to follow your logic here because its driving me insane but I mean... there’s zero...

Soul: Compiling those reads right now.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by Deadpool »

I'm starting to think it's Thor/N.

Don't really see Jess/N anymore. Don't think they would just argue back and forth like that wasting their time. I mean I guess they can be planning it.

Eh, still the best lynch is N.

~Secret Defender
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by N »

Jesse, what is your read of JT? I know you've read the posts I asked this in.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

First of all I’d like to say if scum is comprised of two of the three Cerulean/Soul/Deadpool you’re probably going to win this game, good job.

JT: JT makes me really wary. If I’m thinking logically unless the scum team is Thor/N there’s really not many options for N to be on a scum team with. As funny as this might sound I really don’t like JT butting in on N/I’s argument. I mean its really SUCH a stupid, illogical argument and I just don’t see how any of the town benefits by its continuance. On the inside, its just really frustrating to watch N not comprehend/misquote over and over and over again. But on the outside, I just don’t get what you can possibly extract from it by interjecting. I don’t know why JT let himself get goaded back into it by me. Cerulean did a really nice job deflecting that on Day 1 which is where I get such a solid town read on them. I also just don’t really see much pro-town motivation behind JT’s posting.

Thor: I’ll say I am much more familiar with his scum game than his town game. And unfortunately I read through Reverse Mafia first and just found a lot more of Thor town hunting than scum hunting so that wasn’t the best place to start. But I think what gets me the most about Thor in this game is I see absolutely no regard for town safety/well-being. I mean his voting track record is even worse than mine. But as wrong as my logic was I at least attempted to explain myself as to why my reads were the way they were. I don’t know if its arrogance, ego, whatever but your reads/cases/etc don’t mean crap if no one is listening and its clear after Day 1 no one is really listening to Thor. I do think if Thor were town he’s smart enough to adjust his play to work in favor of the town. I can’t honestly believe if Thor were town he’d be dead set on lynching me right now. If I go today he’s going tomorrow and scum for sure win. That might not be very helpful to anyone else but this is my read not case so I’m allowed to think that way.

In short, he wouldn’t be playing such a reckless game if he were town. And really if I’m going to be smart lynching Thor today is a much better idea than N, which I’ve probably let get out of sight because N is so frustrating to play with.

Vote: Thor

In post 1037, N wrote:Jesse, what is your read of JT? I know you've read the posts I asked this in.

I was busy ignoring any of your attempts to communicate with me until you understood the simplest of things I was saying. Until you dropped that inane ridiculousness I wasn’t so worried about answering anything you had to say.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1038, JesseSheffield wrote:First of all I’d like to say if scum is comprised of two of the three Cerulean/Soul/Deadpool you’re probably going to win this game, good job.
We did it Tammy! Image
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Deadpool »

Jesse reads genuine :/

(Idk I can see scum pulling the oh-here-let's-just-vote-this-other-dude-who-isn't-my-partner-after-arguing-with-my-partner-and-pushing-on-him but that's somewhat stupid logic and he reads overall genuine.)
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Post by Deadpool »

I hate the fact scum have daytalk :/ (which they can be using very well to their advantage if they're smart). It kinda makes me paranoid of everything as maybe a trick or a planned strategy.
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 1040, Deadpool wrote:(Idk I can see scum pulling the oh-here-let's-just-vote-this-other-dude-who-isn't-my-partner-after-arguing-with-my-partner-and-pushing-on-him but that's somewhat stupid logic and he reads overall genuine.)

Do you think scum would pull that after what happened to Piggy in the manner of like, minutes.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 430, Sixty wrote:This game needs four Townies to be broken. As long as these Townies aren't lynched, we win. We have these four Townies already: Cerulean, absta, Thor and us.

When did Sixty get a townread on Thor?
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1042, JesseSheffield wrote:
In post 1040, Deadpool wrote:(Idk I can see scum pulling the oh-here-let's-just-vote-this-other-dude-who-isn't-my-partner-after-arguing-with-my-partner-and-pushing-on-him but that's somewhat stupid logic and he reads overall genuine.)

Do you think scum would pull that after what happened to Piggy in the manner of like, minutes.
Actually prob. You're proving my point that a wagon can rise fast and that a Thor wagon can rise fast and earn you and N a victory.

But that logic is stupid because as I already said you read town plus I don't think scum can hope to get a fast wagon on someone in lylo. They'd prob be going for something like a subtle push, because hoping for a wagon to rise out of thin air is rather risky (unless one of the scum is JT in which he has a pretty good chance to get a lynch on one of the two town of Jess/N/Thor but again that's just being paranoid and I'm putting JT in the town pile).
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Justin Timberlake »

Back home and ready to get stuck back into this. Shouldn't take me too long to catch up then want to do some reading to cut down potential scum teams.

Cerul and Deadpool are as good as modconfirmed town, regardless of how much wtf it is that this game is still going it's neither of these guys being scum. I'll explain both reads in a massive amount of detail if you guys want. That leaves there being two scum inside of Jesse, N, Thor and Soul. Together between them there's only six combinations so I'll go through them. Those six combinations are as follows:

A) Jesse + N B) Jesse + Thor C) Jesse + Soul D) N + Thor E) N + Soul F) Thor + Soul
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 430, Sixty wrote:Regarding Thor: we tend to always read him as scum. We didn't see the initial V/LA questioning on Piggy as something that made sense as Town, for example (since it was reading as a joke), but for once he's not doing what he's known for: push wagons on ridiculous reasoning. He is reading more grounded, more interested in things that actually matter. This could be an effect of our explanation for the scumread on him in Reverse Mafia (which included his (apparently null) tendency to argue 'just because'), it could be a conclusion from his "Awards and the Metagame" thread, could be something else entirely--the point is, he is not trying to twist words, he is not trying to roll in pointless arguments, he is playing in a straightforward manner that seems coherent. In addition, Thor is not openly trolling--he actually reads interested in scumhunting and genuinely interested on reading everyone else.

The main reservation we have about this Townread is that it's based on Thor not matching his usual play instead of doing something openly Townish. However, the point is that Thor tries to emulate his Town play as scum, so the meta divergence would make more sense to originate in a Town game instead of a scum one.
This is reading scummy to me :? It seems like it's forcibly trying to instill a townread on Thor in other players.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1045, Justin Timberlake wrote:A) Jesse + N B) Jesse + Thor
C) Jesse + Soul
D) N + Thor
E) N + Soul
F) Thor + Soul

Helped you there Reg! :p

(Plus what faraday said makes sense so eliminating b is good, and I really don't see Jesse/N getting into a useless debate like that as both scums, so eliminate a, and we're left with, bingo!)
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 432, Sixty wrote:If we are lynched, so be it--add Jesse to the list of people that must not be lynched (absta, Cerulean, Jesse, Thor), and flip the rest.
Would the puppy really dare to put both her scummy buddies in the don't lynch pile? Hmmm....
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by Deadpool »

Fun fact: There is exactly 4 times "N" shows up in the puppy's ISO. 3 of those are when it appears in a quote by someone else (and she's not responding to that particular part).

The 4th is as useless, when she is mentions him when talking about someone else [Piggy]:

In post 79, Sixty wrote:She starts with Voidedmafia and Thor, ignores N and Equinox, mentions absta and does nothing about it, and we are scummy in some undisclosed form. Why those four players in particular?

Fun fact 2.0: Guess who also ignores N?

Return to “Completed Open Games”