Mafia 53: A Bit Out Of The Norm - Abandoned!

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:08 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fuldu wrote:I would point out that there are cult-looking Goo roles that Rathyr could have which would allow him to make this claim without any fear. The targeter (and potentially several, the way he's set this up) would target him and end up joining his cult. The targeter(s) would then have no incentive to point out that the targeting of Rathyr was successful.
Hmmm...interesting. But they wouldn't be able to actually fake a confirmation without some third person saying "Yup, X got redirected to me" (or the person targting saying "I was redirected to investigate/roleblock/ect person X, or some such). So we might be able to get an unambiguas confirmation of the role tommorow.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:11 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Goo. Yes, that is a bit of a problem, isn't it?

But what is wrong with goo? I would happily join the goo if I had a targeting ability. Even if I
was
the goo, whoever targeted me would still be in the game and would have a chance of winning. The goo is neutral*, it doesn't kill people.

However, that is beside the point, as I am the Nexus, although you will not know that for a fact until day two.

* I belive it is a cult, AKA, on it's own side. As such, it does not kill, except those who have no targeting ability, like myself. I am in danger from the goo. Oh well.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:19 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Oh, and also, no one should use a lethal ability on me tonight if they can help it. You shouldn't play with bombs.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:44 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I don't like Rathyr's claim. The way the Nexus role is worded in the list indicates to me that a doc or cop targeting it will NOT know that his investigation has been redirected. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I have never encountered such a role in any game I've played in.

If I am correct about this, the only way to test his claim is, in fact, to target him with a killing power. Even if I'm wrong, a power role would have to come out in order to clear him. Not a good idea.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I don't like Rathyr's claim. The way the Nexus role is worded in the list indicates to me that a doc or cop targeting it will NOT know that his investigation has been redirected. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I have never encountered such a role in any game I've played in.

If I am correct about this, the only way to test his claim is, in fact, to target him with a killing power. Even if I'm wrong, a power role would have to come out in order to clear him. Not a good idea.
Well, it sounds like if a cop targets him, he'll probably get a result back on someone else, which would be a pretty good sign he'd been redirected.

And anyway, it's be a pretty tricky role to fake, as if he was completly bluffing the odds are someone'd pop out tommorow or the next day and say so.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:55 pm

Post by Rathyr »

A cop would know, because he would get an investigation result.

Also, how many cops or docs do you think are in this crazy game?

FoS: CTD
for wanting to, most likely, cause the death of a townie; backed up by craplogic.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:56 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

vote count please, mod?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:05 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Of course he would get an investigation result, but would he know that the result was not on you?

I've had investigation results as the cop before that read something like "the player you investigated is guilty", or even more barebone, just the alignment. In order to clear you, he would have to get a name and an alignment in his PM, which isn't a guarantee.

And I have no idea how many cops and docs are in this game, but I'd prefer not to out any of them on day 2, if possible. I'd also not like it if all of them targeted you in the night if there is more than 1, since they can't know if anyone else is doing so already.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by Rathyr »

OK, I see your point.

Mod? Will a cop with a redirected ability be aware of the redirection?
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:09 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Will the cop be informed of the redirection? He could get a guilty investigation, yet be oblivious to whether the investigation was for Rathyr or for someone else. In a previous game, I usually just receive the result without the name, so I tend to forget who I investigated. IMO, CTD might have a point on using a killing power on rathyr.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:14 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Forget the last post. CTD covered it and I agree.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:50 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

I'm sure the cop would be told who the result would be on. Anything else would just be stupid...
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:09 am

Post by Fuldu »

Rathyr wrote:Goo. Yes, that is a bit of a problem, isn't it?

But what is wrong with goo? I would happily join the goo if I had a targeting ability. Even if I
was
the goo, whoever targeted me would still be in the game and would have a chance of winning. The goo is neutral*, it doesn't kill people.

However, that is beside the point, as I am the Nexus, although you will not know that for a fact until day two.

* I belive it is a cult, AKA, on it's own side. As such, it does not kill, except those who have no targeting ability, like myself. I am in danger from the goo. Oh well.
So your method of dealing with goo is to say "Hey, if everyone becomes Goo, then everyone wins. That's good, right?" I've found that "Let's just stop lynching anybody and wait for the cult to indoctrinate everyone. That way everyone will win," is an extremely popular plan for cults.

Fundamentally, the fact is that the Nexus is probably the strongest scum claim in the entire list, especially for Goo, but probably for any scum. It's not impossible that we'd have happened to hit the real Nexus (if it exists) with our first bandwagon of the first day, but it's unlikely.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:20 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I have trouble buying into Rathyr's claim.

IF he's Town, how powerful a role is it, really? He can't be night-killed? Isn't that a popular claim for scum? Especially on Day 1?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:42 am

Post by Rathyr »

@TS: Once you test me you will understand. You have to realize that this game is nothing like vanilla games. You should just drop all of your assumptions and what not about what role does what, because those assumptions and
rules
, if you will, do not apply here, for the most part. Also, if I were scum, I wouldn't be able to prove my role very well, now would I?

@Fuldu: Like I said, goo is a problem. If you really think I am goo then just designate a single player to test me in a fashion that is obvious to the whole game whether it worked or not.

That is the best option for goo-paranoia.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:44 am

Post by Rathyr »

Because if it turns out that the power didn't work, you will have both of the goos in your grip and you will be able to easily destroy them
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

No, because then the person would be goo themselves, so they would have an anti incentive to out you. That sounds like goo trying awfully hard to get a power role on his side.
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:20 am

Post by Smashy »

IMO, there's way too many other factors outside of Rathyr being Nexus for the 'use confirmable nightaction' plan to work.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:26 am

Post by Twomz »

There's no reason for goo to try to just get powerroles... unless it's different from scumchat goo, they become goo themselves and lose all their other abilities.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think that rathyr has been terrible with the goo possibilty, and I think that his defense has been sort of along the lines of this:

"Yeah...I could be goo. Maybe we should try my plan anyway?"

Yeah. Not something I would say if I were in his position. And twomz, maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't it make it easier for goo to win if they get all the power roles first or second night?

Anyway,

Unvote, Vote: rathyr
His handling of the goo possibility has convinced me that he very well may be it.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:35 am

Post by Bogre »

I'm still happy with my vote on Rathyr.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:43 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Thestatusquo wrote:I think that rathyr has been terrible with the goo possibilty, and I think that his defense has been sort of along the lines of this:

"Yeah...I could be goo. Maybe we should try my plan anyway?"

Yeah. Not something I would say if I were in his position. And twomz, maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't it make it easier for goo to win if they get all the power roles first or second night?

Anyway,

Unvote, Vote: rathyr
His handling of the goo possibility has
convinced
me that he very well may be it.
This is a somewhat aggressive response to the situation and makes me suspect that tsq is scum. Scum wouldn't worry about the risks of lynching a townie cause it'd be a win-win for them. Town would be more concerned about the possibility that they're wrong.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:50 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

It's what I think in this situation, his uber aggressive attack on cadre, and then this terrible defense of his claim have pushed me over the end. How is this scummy? Also, why me, and not the other 12 people voting him?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:21 am

Post by Rathyr »

Rathyr wrote:If you really think I am goo then just designate a single player to test me in a fashion that is
obvious to the whole game whether it worked or not.

Hello!
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:09 am

Post by Eon »

Listen what is reason to vote against Rathyr? Seriously none he is on Towns side which is good, if he doesnt lie that is. So why do you people vote against him? I suggest people to re-think their actions.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”