Mafia 53: A Bit Out Of The Norm - Abandoned!

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Listen what is reason to vote against Rathyr? Seriously none he is on Towns side which is good, if he doesnt lie that is.

Uh...Are you dumb, or what.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Fuldu »

Eon wrote:Listen what is reason to vote against Rathyr? Seriously none he is on Towns side which is good, if he doesnt lie that is. So why do you people vote against him? I suggest people to re-think their actions.
I'm sorry. Is this argument seriously "Don't vote for Rathyr because he's pro-town, if he's telling the truth"?

As for the testing suggestion, there aren't that many roles that could target Rathyr in a way that would be obvious to the entire town. Cop, only known to the person who targeted him. Doc, not even known to the person who targeted him. Roleblocker, potentially known to the randomized target, but potentially not. Vig, usually known to the entire town, but not easily identifiable in this instance, since the randomized kill isn't necessarily going to be distinguishable from any other kills. I haven't looked through the entire role list, but I don't think it's as simple as you're suggesting, Rathyr.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Post by Eon »

Fuldu wrote:
Eon wrote:Listen what is reason to vote against Rathyr? Seriously none he is on Towns side which is good, if he doesnt lie that is. So why do you people vote against him? I suggest people to re-think their actions.
I'm sorry. Is this argument seriously "Don't vote for Rathyr because he's pro-town, if he's telling the truth"?

As for the testing suggestion, there aren't that many roles that could target Rathyr in a way that would be obvious to the entire town. Cop, only known to the person who targeted him. Doc, not even known to the person who targeted him. Roleblocker, potentially known to the randomized target, but potentially not. Vig, usually known to the entire town, but not easily identifiable in this instance, since the randomized kill isn't necessarily going to be distinguishable from any other kills. I haven't looked through the entire role list, but I don't think it's as simple as you're suggesting, Rathyr.
Oh, yes didnt think about those type of roles...well my bad here. Fine then i will look at things more.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

You didn't think of cop, doc, roleblocker, vigilante? WTF.

Unvote, vote EON
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by Rathyr »

I have to agree.

Eon, what were you thinking?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:39 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

The way I see it, Rathyr's claim would be almost impossible for a scum to fake. The possibily that he might be black goo is worrying, but that dosn't really seem all that likely to me, and could still be tested at some point in the game with a claimed vig or something.

At this point, I tend to believe Rathyr that he's the nexus, at least believe him enough to wait and subject him to tests. It's almost always a bad idea to lynch someone with a testable claim on day 1. I am still waiting to see if the mods'll say if there's a posibility of a scum nexus of some type.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:50 pm

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

unvote
. I seriously don't like Rathyr's attempt to railroad earlier today, but I don't think he's the scum we're looking for.

I'm gonna look at other players reactions to him later and return with thoughts.
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:08 pm

Post by klebian »

Yeah, I also think that rathyr is the scum we AREN'T looking for.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:20 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Unvote, Vote: thestatusquo

TSQ is extremely scummy, Rathyr is not. I'm going for conciseness.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Uh...Because conciseness allows me to defend myself and everything.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:10 pm

Post by klebian »

LOL at Eon's post.
Rathyr wrote:
Rathyr wrote:If you really think I am goo then just designate a single player to test me in a fashion that is
obvious to the whole game whether it worked or not.

Hello!
Is that possible? If you ARE goo, then the person who tested you would be put in a trap and thus he himself would be lynched as well. No one wants to run the risk of becoming goo, because then they can't perform night actions in the future (actually, I'd like to be sure I'm correct here --does a goo lose all previous powers?). The testing idea wouldn't really work in this case.

I'm not sure how strong nexus is that we'd risk him being scum/goo to save him.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:17 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Allowing you a defence would be inefficient. But, since you answered sarcastically, I'm bound to give you the opportunity.
Thestatusquo wrote:I think that cadre continues to look...off in my eyes. Maybe not truely scummy, but enough to keep my vote for now. Rathyr is pushing WAY too hard this early on day 1, so depending on his actions in the future I may feel compelled to switch votes to him.
Scummy indecisiveness, trying to keep your options open. You continue to vote Cadre, but make weak comments about Rathyr seeming scummy so that you have an out if he turns into a better target.
Thestatusquo wrote:I personally buy the claim. It's way too strong to be a fake claim, imho.
Thestatusquo wrote:
Unvote, Vote: rathyr
His handling of the goo possibility has convinced me that he very well may be it.
Nice about-face once you realised you still had a good shot at lynching a potentially powerful pro-town player (hurray for alliteration). His handling of "the goo possibility" wasn't scummy at all, you just wanted an excuse to keep voting him.

So yeah, that and some generally scummy behaviour made me decide to vote you. Now you can defend yourself.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

K, thanks homie.

On your one, I was the first one who called cadre out. The first one who pointed out that his posts reeked, and I kept myself on him until another target came along, because I felt his posts were a little off.

On your two, Uhhhh Rathyrs defense was essentially "Yeah...I could be goo...Shit. Yeah, maybe we should try it anyways." If you think that doesn't sound exactly like cult trying to get recruits, then I don't know what does.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:59 pm

Post by Twomz »

unvote
til the mod shows up...

I for one did find Rathyr's handling of the goo possibility scummy.

Regardless of his ability, his claim CAN be tested later if need be. I doubt he's "scum", but there is a strong chance that he's neutral (:?) in which case i'm willing to leave him be til we catch the actual scum (mafiasos).

I really need to do another reread... a lot of stuff in this game is just passing straight through my brain and not connecting w/ anything. I don't really have any read on anyone that I can grasp at :?. Hopefully w/ a clear head and full stomach tomorrow, something will stick.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:18 pm

Post by Eon »

Thestatusquo wrote:You didn't think of cop, doc, roleblocker, vigilante? WTF.

Unvote, vote EON
Hello this is my 2nd game and i wrote random stuff...accidentaly. Your reaction is kinda surprising but anyway if you want vote me big deal =]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Uh...Dude, I can find your posts in 7 other games.
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:30 pm

Post by Eon »

Well i just finished 1 game if you check out my latest posts in other games you will see that these days they are weird.
Anyway you hold for air here Thestatusquo, think im scum because of my stupid post?
GlorkoS
GlorkoS
Townie
GlorkoS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:59 pm

Post by GlorkoS »

HezLucky has been KILLED

Or so you thought, until he started breathing again.

HezLucky is alive again
Show
GlorkoS and its awesomeness:

"there are not enough words in any lexicon to comment sufficiently" - [b]Phoebus[/b]
"better kill it ;-)" - [b]Ibaesha[/b]
"GlorkoS makes children cry and old men quiver in their rocking chairs." - [b]Mariyta[/b]
GlorkoS
GlorkoS
Townie
GlorkoS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:10 am

Post by GlorkoS »

Note: A Nexus can only be Neutral or Protown. All investigation roles will be informed of who their result is on if it is relevant info.
Show
GlorkoS and its awesomeness:

"there are not enough words in any lexicon to comment sufficiently" - [b]Phoebus[/b]
"better kill it ;-)" - [b]Ibaesha[/b]
"GlorkoS makes children cry and old men quiver in their rocking chairs." - [b]Mariyta[/b]
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:58 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

I'd be in favor of a vig attempt against rathyr. We'll either hit rathyr as scum, or we'd have as much chance of hitting a scum as we do with today's lynch.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:21 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Looks like a Dayvig attempt was just made against HezLucky. How many dayvigs do you think we have in this game, SailorJerry?

Why would a Dayvig target Rathyr, who has claimed, and might still be lynched?

SailorJerry, your post is very scummy. Are you in a rush to see Rathyr being lynched? I don't get your logic at all. Care to explain more deeply?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:39 am

Post by Fuldu »

Yosarian2 wrote:The way I see it, Rathyr's claim would be almost impossible for a scum to fake. The possibily that he might be black goo is worrying, but that dosn't really seem all that likely to me, and could still be tested at some point in the game with a claimed vig or something.

At this point, I tend to believe Rathyr that he's the nexus, at least believe him enough to wait and subject him to tests. It's almost always a bad idea to lynch someone with a testable claim on day 1. I am still waiting to see if the mods'll say if there's a posibility of a scum nexus of some type.
Fine. You're not worried about Rathyr being Goo (and testing for that "at some point in the game" is a horrible idea. We either test it now or we risk being overrun). What about Rathyr being a Bus Driver? He takes himself as one of the players targeted and fakes the appearance of a Nexus.

Since they answered for Nexus:
mod
: What are the possible alignments for Black Goo?
What are the possible alignments for Green Goo?
What are the possible alignments for Bus Driver?
Would a Bus Driver be allowed to target himself?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:40 am

Post by Rathyr »

If anyone wants to own up to that odd occorance, be my guest. I'm going to look through the possible roles and see what might have happened.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:44 am

Post by Rathyr »

Damn. So many possibilities. I'm still hoping for somesort of claim, otherwise I may vote Hezlucky. I'm a little suspicious of people who return from the dead.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:46 am

Post by Rathyr »

Also, if anyone has a protown dayvig role, you could try to dayvig me, after claiming, and that would prove a lot of things, as the bus driver for example only works at night. Also, if your power failed, we would know if I am the goo or not.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”