Micro 75: Bureaucracy Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:39 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 424, njoseph wrote:Okay, for posterity: tunneling like Breakfast's is not a scum tell.

no shit tazaro. you should know that by now. I would be fosing this if my vote was not already on you.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:51 am

Post by njoseph »

Can we consider this?: Jake from State Farm died ...
... cui bono?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 1

njoseph (1) - pirate mollie

Not voting: maverick_alpha, Shamrock, Maestro, njoseph, Aj The Epic, Robert2424
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:32 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 426, njoseph wrote:Can we consider this?: Jake from State Farm died ...
... cui bono?

he had the other piece of paper isn't that why maestro is all ack ack did jake give his paper to somebody which reads as fishing.

also jake could be considered a town friendly kill cos he was annoying. but I am pretty sure it is cos he had a piece of paper and scum wanted it out of the game.

maestro, thoughts?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

If the scum wanted the paper gone, it's because the paper verified something. Really, Jake hinted at who was on his paper only once. So the scum must've had a fairly good grip on who Jake was referring to. I believed Jake said his player was 'incompetent at playing mafia". I would prefer not to voice my guess.

Njoseph, why are you asking to consider the NK? If it were me, I'd simply voice my opinion on why Jake died. I think the paper had something to do with it. But I'm guessing that it's more than that.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by njoseph »

As far as I know NKs aren't usually to create WIFOM. Frequency there's a "practical" reason. What could be "more than that"?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Well, NKs are generally to push the game in favor of the mafia fraction, no matter how they decide to use it. WIFOM is simply part of the deal with NKs. While the paper makes a real easy excuse, the chance was there that Jake could give it away. I doubt he did, he was completely paranoid in my eyes. Another reason Jake could die is the fact that he wasn't being pressured much towards the end of the day, and was basically correct in his assumption that Breakfast was town. If the mafia felt that Breakfast's death WK'd Jake, that'd be a reason to eliminate a more-secure town player. Of course, the option that Jake was actually targeting a mafia player is there but there also is the chance of a WIFOM play there.

My personal guess is the WK'd of Breakfast. I had him marked as most-likely town. Was really the only one, going into the night phase.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 431, Aj The Epic wrote:Well, NKs are generally to push the game in favor of the mafia fraction, no matter how they decide to use it. WIFOM is simply part of the deal with NKs. While the paper makes a real easy excuse, the chance was there that Jake could give it away. I doubt he did, he was completely paranoid in my eyes. Another reason Jake could die is the fact that he wasn't being pressured much towards the end of the day, and was basically correct in his assumption that Breakfast was town. If the mafia felt that Breakfast's death WK'd Jake, that'd be a reason to eliminate a more-secure town player. Of course, the option that Jake was actually targeting a mafia player is there but there also is the chance of a WIFOM play there.

My personal guess is the WK'd of Breakfast. I had him marked as most-likely town. Was really the only one, going into the night phase.

hey aj where did you say that you had jake marked as most-likely town cos I do not remember that happening at all.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:45 am

Post by njoseph »

VOTE: Robert2424

Scum not contributing terribly much\
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:47 am

Post by njoseph »

*One-individual-scum not contributing terribly much
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:58 am

Post by njoseph »

The other individual-scum COULD be m_a :/
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 432, pirate mollie wrote:hey aj where did you say that you had jake marked as most-likely town cos I do not remember that happening at all.

I didn't say so. After he was correct about Breakfast, I figured he was probably pro-town. It would've been a lot easier for him to have just helped lynch Breakfast than to let Breakfast live, even if Breakfast thought he was pro-town. This opinion was developed when we went into night phase after Breakfast was lynched.

Njoseph, after yesterday, I believe you will need more than that to start a bandwagon on someone. That was a terrible argument on someone who you could develop a very easy argument against. Why the half-effort?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 am

Post by njoseph »

UNVOTE

Is Robert not the most scummy? Who does town think is most scummy?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 am

Post by njoseph »

*Whom
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:26 am

Post by pirate mollie »

njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:04 am

Post by njoseph »

Take a dunk in grape juice!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:19 am

Post by pirate mollie »

lol, this literally made me laugh out loud.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Robert2424 »

Doesn't seem much has been accomplished, and my top suspect flipped town. Sorry I've been a bit inactive, a bunch of stuff hit me in RL, and I'm modding a game on Ika Mafia now. I'm not one for bandwagons, but me not even bothering to at least be voting for somebody at the end of the day phase doesn't help the town ether. Also the three posts before mine, ??? do I even want to know and are you two spamming?

Also, @AJ, why must NJ start the bandwagon? Just wondering if you know something about him?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am

Post by Maestro »

I think they're just bantering, Robert. mollie I can't read very well right now but I'm thinking null-lean-Town for the moment since her tone isn't like a recent Scum game where she was Scum...but that game had certain caveats that make it difficult to use for meta.

I'm currently trying to figure out if Tazaro is completely trolling or not, since his posts (including his recently ridiculous voting patterns) are looking almost...
too
Scummy to come from a Scum player. That and his relative experience (given his main account is based from 2010) would usually indicate that he's...(I hesitate to possibly offend)...a little more
competent
than his recent posts show.

I'm guessing since almost everybody has checked in, IIRC, nobody got a paper from Jake last night...?

Yes, mollie, I'm fishing. I admit it. You know why? Because I revealed who was on my paper and I'm not dead, which could be WIFOM. Either way, IMO, Scum probably killed Jake for one of three reasons:

1) They picked up on who he hinted would be on his paper, and they killed him because they don't want us to know who that person is for whatever reason - whereas I had already divulged who was on my paper, and the information was already public.
2) They didn't pick up on who he hinted would be on his paper, and they killed him because the uncertainty of knowing/not knowing who was on his paper seemed more dangerous to them - for whatever reason - then the public information of the name that is on my paper.
3) General WIFOM directed to cut off discussion about the papers that might linger on after yesterday, with the (antiTown, proScum) side effect of silencing one of the more discussion-provoking Townies from Day 1.

Don't know what any of this means yet, but so far most of Day 2 has been drivel, so I thought I'd post some general thoughts to get discussion flowing again.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 am

Post by Robert2424 »

I didn't get it Maestro, but I can only speak for myself. But that didn't surprise me on two accounts there. But no paper today, so I wonder how important those papers are though?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:51 am

Post by pirate mollie »

who did you give your paper to maestro?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by Maestro »

I don't know how intrinsically important they are, but they're part of the extra mechanic of this game which means they provide some aspect of gameplay that we might as well utilize in winning. Do you honestly think that is a bad idea? Just wondering here, gauging reaction to my previous statement.

@mollie: I kept my paper, thank you very much. Since the information is public and/or everybody disregarded it, I saw no point in giving it to any of you. I almost gave it to Jake but I'm glad I didn't.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

I guess they would be important. but idk.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 446, Maestro wrote:I don't know how intrinsically important they are, but they're part of the extra mechanic of this game which means they provide some aspect of gameplay that we might as well utilize in winning. Do you honestly think that is a bad idea? Just wondering here, gauging reaction to my previous statement.

@mollie: I kept my paper, thank you very much. Since the information is public and/or everybody disregarded it, I saw no point in giving it to any of you. I almost gave it to Jake but I'm glad I didn't.

weird logic all the way around...so you kept your paper assuming you would not be nked and the paper could have potentially pointed to scum but are in here on d2 all ack ack who did jake give his paper to not considering that jake might have done the same thing?

FOS THIS.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Maestro »

I kept it because no matter what, you all knew who the paper "pointed to". maverick_alpha's name is on the paper. I claimed this yesterday and it was subsequently ignored. Would it have done any good to give it to somebody else when from my PoV it's better in the hands of a confTown player? (e.g. me, again from my PoV)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”