Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

It's called Jesse+You in ISO, it's actually super convincing.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Thor remind me why N is so trusted? And continuing how slime's low interaction is much better then n's continued tendency to lurk (or at least try to give minimal). You're reviewing your dead read over one main thing, but after having me and other people showed continued suspicion on n elaborating on why you trust him more would be useful. Although his connection to you has been brought up he's never really talked on it either?

~M
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by N »

In post 1306, Deadpool wrote:Are you delibratly misrepping what I'm saying?

I, Ser Arthur Dayne, Image, thought Jess is town.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Image, thinks Jess is scum.

How hard can this be? :neutral:

So, you, Ser Arthur Dayne, Image, thought that I was scummy for calling Jesse scum because you had a townread on him.

Meanwhile, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Image, who is your hydra partner, has stated that he thinks Jesse was the scummiest player.

If you, Ser Arthur Dayne, [playing a guitar solo in a storm], are town, you would see this contradiction. In this hypothetical where you are town, you know that F-16_Fighting_Falcon, [an aeroplane], who has the same alignment as you also thinks Jesse is scummy, and so you would know that it is possible for someone with a town role to have suspicions of Jesse.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1326, Soul2277 wrote:Thor remind me why N is so trusted? And continuing how slime's low interaction is much better then n's continued tendency to lurk (or at least try to give minimal).

I don't think I said it was or wasn't - are you saying N's lurk is part of the case against him?
I also haven't said I found N to be trusted or town - I've simply said I found others less trusted or town seeming then he.

In post 1326, Soul2277 wrote:Although his connection to you has been brought up he's never really talked on it either?

I still don't grok the connection - as far as I can tell it's a theoretical that has more to do with clearing me than affecting him other than that he's my only theoretical partner (even though that doesn't even make a lot of sense in the first place)
Am I missing something there?
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Progress.

Why is he more trusted? What in others is worse then him and can you clarify you're read then? And I'm pretty sure you've called him town in the past.

Thor + Me doesn't work. Thor + Jesse works even worse. Thor + Dead/Ceru/JT requires one of them to be scum. Thor + N doesn't have a problem so it is the only pair you fit in. That's all the connection means I'm just referring to how he hasn't really commented on it at all.

N you just posted and still didn't respond. What's your opinion on thor?

~M
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1329, Soul2277 wrote:Progress.

:neutral:
Yeah, because you've been noting how tough it has been to get answers out of me thus far.

In post 1329, Soul2277 wrote:Why is he more trusted? What in others is worse then him and can you clarify you're read then? And I'm pretty sure you've called him town in the past.

Call it less distrusted.
Basically I see a case for you and Jesse. My case on N would be 'he's fething useless' which, though not a bad case, is hardly a home run of win either.
I've called N town in relation to my scumread on Jesse, yes. Obviously if that is correct than so is the N read.

In post 1329, Soul2277 wrote:Thor + Me doesn't work. Thor + Jesse works even worse. Thor + Dead/Ceru/JT requires one of them to be scum. Thor + N doesn't have a problem so it is the only pair you fit in. That's all the connection means I'm just referring to how he hasn't really commented on it at all.

Explain Day 2 in relation to Thor+N pl0x.
I agree with you that I don't look like scum, though.[/quote]
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

I dropped the gambit argument because day 2 is strange for your pair. It'd be distance from N and then still later call it a gambit.

And thor want to explain Me + Jesse?

~M
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

1. Uh-huh...

2. Not really, I'm only claiming it as a pair insomuch as you're my top two - want to explain why it doesn't work?
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Maybe because I'm not dumb and I realize I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I didn't hard defend jesse right now or do something similar. Do you really think I was scum with jesse wouldn't be defending him more right now or trying to kill the belief of that as a team that could exist. Essentially I'm competent enough not to let the current situation with jesse be occurring and let it continue. Or am I incompetent?

Same question. Why doesn't you and n work outside of the strange day 2?

~M
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

1. Functionally - you're attacking it now. But, clearly that doesn't look like a convincing reason it can't exits 'you're not defending him enough' ...yeah, I'll add that one to my big list o' obvious not scumbuddy tells.

2. Nothing I can think of, but I don't think I need to think of anything besides the giant flaming twenty foot high obvious as obvious can be message written across the sky letters of gold wrapped in bacon.
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Justin Timberlake »

Cerulean, I'm going to need your two thoughts soon because I'm growing more and more comfortable with my reads and Faraday isn't disagreeing with any of them other than perhaps the strength of a town-read or two but overall we're pretty much in synch. So if you guys are on a different wave length we need to know now especially given that the deadlines counting down and there's only 5ish days left or so.

N, RE 1. I don't find buddying to be a scum-tell, that's why. You have players that suck up to others as both alignments and you have players that avoiding doing such, it's very rare that someone buddies as scum but not as town or as town and not as scum. So really I think it's probably one of the worst scum-tells thrown around. 2. Not finding the manner of his replace out as him being demotivated but we're going in circles over this point. And I think peoples actions here vs likelihood of it happening in the qt is a big thing, I remember being scum inside a QT in Faradays game and Slaxxs game and pretty much used it as a big communication arena and there'd be a lot of things I could have said in-thread but preferred to or opted to post it inside the QT there and think scum here are likely to do the same. 3. You've just agreed with me here.. I said that her interaction with absta and with piggy weren't similar. And it's not 'Sixty busses one partner' it was her push on Piggy looked like an attempt to grab town-cred given how late she was on the wagon.

In post 1294, Thor665 wrote:How does Day 2 from me flow into scumpartnership with N? I would think Thor/Ceru or Thor/JT would make more sense at that stage. I think the point I'm hinting at is that clearing a connection to me is paranoid derp most likely - and maybe we should lynch off other reasons.

The D2 push on N with you as partners with N is slightly weird, it's another of the reasons that I'm leaning towards it being Soul/Jesse or Soul/N at the moment. And we're not lynching solely for the reasoning of 'connections', that's just to help narrow things down a little bit and find out where is more likely to hit scum and where is far less likely. We'll be basing our vote on reads and right now from T->S: We're probably at Cerulean=Deadpool > Thor > N > Jesse=Soul.

In post 1303, Thor665 wrote:Okay, Deadpool can be a stronger scum read than Soul now. Which is terrible, but...he's just admitted to being two players who don't discuss anything, and that needs to be squashed immediately.

Not discussing reads together as a hydra isn't actually that scummy, it's not optimal play but it's very understandable - finding time when you're both online and able to discuss things is often very difficult and I don't find any real issue with their stances or what it leads to. It's not them saying N is the common partnership denominator and thus should be lynched, it's them saying they both have a scum-read on N and is the scum-read they both share thus want him lynched.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@JT - I'd feel better about that if one of them wasn't calling N scummy for attacking Jesse and the other head was calling Jesse the most likely scum. That's an awkward disconnect.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1327, N wrote:If you, Ser Arthur Dayne, [playing a guitar solo in a storm], are town, you would see this contradiction. In this hypothetical where you are town, you know that F-16_Fighting_Falcon, [an aeroplane], who has the same alignment as you also thinks Jesse is scummy, and so you would know that it is possible for someone with a town role to have suspicions of Jesse.

:? Were did I say town people can't have suspicion of Jess?

Please show me that. It's like a game of find that egg thing they do on Easter.

...Well, expect this time, there is no eggs but have fun all the same!
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1310, Thor665 wrote:Why is N scum besides being a common denominator then?

Because we both think he's scum :?

In post 1310, Thor665 wrote:Did you discuss why he was scum and deserved to be in your pairings?

Yes. I said I think N and Thor are scum.

F-16 said he thinks Jess and N are scummy.

We decided to vote...

....Wait for it....

N!

(we are also planning on sharing some more thoughts this week and compiling a
proper
hydra post, so wait attentively for that!)
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Post by Deadpool »

(PS N you're not going to skip over the shit I said above like you didn't see it or come in the thread 2 days later and pretend you didn't see it. I want to seriously see where I said that. Kthx.)
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1301, Thor665 wrote:And your buddy is going to call that same player so townish it's scummy to suspect them.

In post 1327, N wrote:If you, Ser Arthur Dayne, [playing a guitar solo in a storm], are town, you would see this contradiction. In this hypothetical where you are town, you know that F-16_Fighting_Falcon, [an aeroplane], who has the same alignment as you also thinks Jesse is scummy, and so you would know that it is possible for someone with a town role to have suspicions of Jesse.

So, you guys talk to each other, or...?

Thor find where I said Jess is "so townish it's scummy to suspect them". Kthx.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1338, Deadpool wrote:
In post 1310, Thor665 wrote:Why is N scum besides being a common denominator then?

Because we both think he's scum :?

Good job "answering" the question.
I wanted to know (and you have to squint to notice it) *why* you both think he's scum?
That can be managed, yeah? Why don't you start, and F-16 can do his when he rolls in.

In post 1338, Deadpool wrote:(we are also planning on sharing some more thoughts this week and compiling a
proper
hydra post, so wait attentively for that!)

Uh-huh.

In post 1340, Deadpool wrote:So, you guys talk to each other, or...?

See, this is funny, because I'm clearly sheeping N on this point and applying pressure to you, but you're so confuzalated you want to challenge me for it.
I honestly had no idea what post N meant, but since you hadn't called him a liar right away I figured it was true.
So now I have this challenge, oh woe unto me, I may need to Ctrl+F an iso...

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4492394

There.
Done.

Soooooo....now that we establish that Jesse is such a huge townread for you guys that attacking it literally becomes a scum plan...want to remind me why you think Jesse is most obvious scum in the game and how that relates to N being scum who wants Jesse lynched?

I love to hear stories.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
Deadline: Mon 3 Dec, 10:37 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-12-03 10:37:00)
)
With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Post by N »

In post 1337, Deadpool wrote:

:? Were did I say town people can't have suspicion of Jess?

Please show me that. It's like a game of find that egg thing they do on Easter.

...Well, expect this time, there is no eggs but have fun all the same!
Thor already quoted one post of you calling me scum for calling Jesse scum, but here's another:
In post 1070, Deadpool wrote:
In post 1066, N wrote:It's hardly a wagon if there's only 1 vote. Also, Deadpool's trying to distract onto the Thor wagon. He doesn't care which of Thor or I are voted for, as long as it's not you.

Umm, no :?

I think I made it pretty obv that I want you lynched?

(Also what is so wrong about fucking trying to sway a lynch the way you think scum lies again?)

PS: Very good. As long as Jess isn't voted I'm happy. You wanna know why?

Here's the shocker:

Spoiler:
BECAUSE I THINK HE'S FUCKING TOWN
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Post by N »

In post 1339, Deadpool wrote:(PS N you're not going to skip over the shit I said above like you didn't see it or come in the thread 2 days later and pretend you didn't see it. I want to seriously see where I said that. Kthx.)

When have I done this? Your turn to back up your claims.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by N »

In post 1335, Justin Timberlake wrote:N, RE 1. I don't find buddying to be a scum-tell, that's why. You have players that suck up to others as both alignments and you have players that avoiding doing such, it's very rare that someone buddies as scum but not as town or as town and not as scum. So really I think it's probably one of the worst scum-tells thrown around. 2. Not finding the manner of his replace out as him being demotivated but we're going in circles over this point. And I think peoples actions here vs likelihood of it happening in the qt is a big thing, I remember being scum inside a QT in Faradays game and Slaxxs game and pretty much used it as a big communication arena and there'd be a lot of things I could have said in-thread but preferred to or opted to post it inside the QT there and think scum here are likely to do the same. 3. You've just agreed with me here.. I said that her interaction with absta and with piggy weren't similar. And it's not 'Sixty busses one partner' it was her push on Piggy looked like an attempt to grab town-cred given how late she was on the wagon.

This is what I meant when I said I didn't have much to argue with; your townread on him is all gut that can't be argued with.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:15 am

In post 1338, Deadpool wrote:F-16 said he thinks Jess and N are scummy.

who does he think is scum with N

is it jesse

is that what he thinks it is?
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:16 am

In post 1333, Soul2277 wrote:Maybe because I'm not dumb and I realize I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I didn't hard defend jesse right now or do something similar. Do you really think I was scum with jesse wouldn't be defending him more right now or trying to kill the belief of that as a team that could exist. Essentially I'm competent enough not to let the current situation with jesse be occurring and let it continue. Or am I incompetent?

Yes because when people are trying to narrow down pairs you would certainly be incompetent to not defend your buddy

do you even lift?
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 am

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1341, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1340, Deadpool wrote:So, you guys talk to each other, or...?

See, this is funny, because I'm clearly sheeping N on this point and applying pressure to you, but you're so confuzalated you want to challenge me for it.
I honestly had no idea what post N meant, but since you hadn't called him a liar right away I figured it was true.
So now I have this challenge, oh woe unto me, I may need to Ctrl+F an iso...

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4492394

There.
Done.

Wut? :?

So me saying I think some one is trying to push a mislynch because they're pushing a lynch in a scummy manner becomes I think Jess is "so townish it's scummy to suspect them."

Is this real life?

In post 1343, N wrote:Thor already quoted one post of you calling me scum for calling Jesse scum, but here's another:
In post 1070, Deadpool wrote:
In post 1066, N wrote:It's hardly a wagon if there's only 1 vote. Also, Deadpool's trying to distract onto the Thor wagon. He doesn't care which of Thor or I are voted for, as long as it's not you.

Umm, no :?

I think I made it pretty obv that I want you lynched?

(Also what is so wrong about fucking trying to sway a lynch the way you think scum lies again?)

PS: Very good. As long as Jess isn't voted I'm happy. You wanna know why?

Here's the shocker:

Spoiler:
BECAUSE I THINK HE'S FUCKING TOWN
What's wrong with saying I'd be happy if my townread doesn't get lynched?

And how does that equate to me thinking that it is "[not] possible for someone with a town role to have suspicions of Jesse"?
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:19 am

SLIMER DO SOMETHING YOU USELESS SACK OF SLIME
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK

Return to “Completed Open Games”