Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by Justin Timberlake »

In post 1472, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1470, Justin Timberlake wrote:Who's attacking who over dissonance?

Thor/N have been pushing this whole WELL BOTH HEADS THINK DIFFERENTLY ABOUT JESSE AND HAVE EXTRAPOLATED DIFFERENT READS FROM IT, THAT'S SCUMMY AS HELL BRO for a while now.

~Empire.

Oh, I wasn't talking about that at all.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 pm

(The hydra dissonance angle that is, N's stuff is odd for other reasons)
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1466, Justin Timberlake wrote:

(Tbh I vaguely want to just flip N and Slimer as I don't think both slots are town so etc?)

I can get behind that.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Faraday I was referring to how you two were also being conservative with your vote.

And I couldn't. Remind me who's Jessie's partner? Supposedly the only one is myself. Knowing my alignment hurts my desire to want him lynched.

~M
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:45 pm

In post 1471, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1467, Justin Timberlake wrote:
OKAY BUT REGFAN'S AUSTRALIAN. (In an alignment indicative way)

Okay, but how does that rate on the sexiness scale with and Irish accent? Just wondering.

Spoiler:
A man, fresh off the plane at Sydney airport, is trying to negotiate Australian customs. Finally, when it's his turn to get his passport stamped, the customs officer starts rattling off the usual questions:
C.O. - How long do you intend to stay?
Man - 1 week.
C.O. - What is the nature of this trip?
Man - Business.
C.O. - Do you have any past criminal convictions?
Man - I didn't think we still needed to!

That aside your question offends me, Empire. It doesn't rate. Kinda. Unless it's an Aussie woman.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by Cerulean »

^^^Wasn't Empire.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:I grok that it was "sarcasm, lulz" but...why say it?

If you understand that was for sarcastic effect, then that was why it was said.
You've played with Piggy. She says stuff like that just to say stuff like that.

Have you ever seen that crying .gif she sometimes posts? She *made* that if that helps you understand her personality any better.

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:I neither prefer or dislike meta.
It's suspect that I use meta.
I don't think you actually know what 'neither prefer or dislike' means. Because, hint, it doesn't mean 'refuse to use...or 'dislike'...in fact it means I don't dislike it...derp.

Bleh I should have worded that better.
What I meant is that you have no opinion on the use of meta either way, that is true, but you have also said you think meta is normally not applied correctly, and then you go and use meta.

I didn't like the fact that while you don't agree with others using meta due to their habit of misusing but then used your own analysis of meta. Again, when I was reading the iso I felt it reinforced the undermining undertones I was getting at.

From the town's resounding "not quite" I guess I was wrong. :\

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:Absolutely.
The ability to use it is so narrow and constrained as to be laughable. Meta is tough enough to work with actual knowledge, much less derp half-knowledge.

I guess this is a follow-up, do you think that you *know* Piggy's meta to make that previous comment?
Agree to disagree about the N thing considering divergent play has to have some explanation and so far no outside influence has been acknowledged.

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:Because either the conclusion was scumhunting, or was just mud slinging, and I wanted to know which. It's a pretty complicated and new edge scumhunting method.

I'm not "groking" this Thor but I think this is because we play vastly different games.
Are you saying that scum cannot scumhunt? My interpretation of Piggy's post was "You look like you are scumhunting by asking questions, but you don't care about their answers"
Does that clarify anything for you?

Mehdi said you had a really big problem with this point and all I can say is... deal with it. :P

No. I don't present my cases to be entirely for myself and I like to say things to see others' opinions on the matter. This was one of them. I felt your other questions were smarmy whereas this one was more blunt and to the point which is why I felt it was town. I'm sorry I can't quantify the reasons more to feelings but that's just what I feel. So...

:|

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:I'm aware you're attacking me here.
I don't understand how or for what reason. It just looks like sturm and drang.

I'm saying "I [Oversoul] am not putting more into the word suggests. You [Thor] were the one who made a post about it."

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:That would be in Post 85.
Good ISO work.

Actually... yes. I finally tied you down to something definitive.

However... post 85... point still going whoosh way over my head.
All I see is a comment to Cerulean about them not reading that you already commented on Sixty's case.

Also, so sassy.

That should be your title. *shrug*

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:And is so scummy too - you'll explain that eventually, I am sure.

Two words.
F.
U.
Wait. Two letters.

:igmeou:

And there is a reason why I find that scummy.

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:Or because I got a town read on them and announced as such.
I'm crazy like that.

Crazy? No.
Convenient? Yes.
Suspect? Yes.

It isn't something I'd expect from you as a player.

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:The thing is, that's like an elementary scumtell - so much so that scum avoid it like the plague.

Which is exactly why scum would do it, especially if you are a confident scum player and have plausibility on your side. The plausibility in this specific case? WIFOM that it is so scummy not even scum would do it.

Yes, reactions can be gained but aren't those also inherently helping scum? In my opinion yes as it allows scum to feel the waters of what will be accepted and what will not be accepted by the town in the future. It is essentially a litmus test of how far they can go with scummy actions.

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:Worked to get Voided lynched, so...yes.

:rage:
so much rage.

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:How dare Thor question weak reads!
Sooooooooo scummy!

How dare Oversoul express discontent with Thor!
Soooo stupid!

(although that last bit may be true, I haven't been tested)

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:Actually - that would be actively defending Sixty - I called out Cerulean for questioning the case and said I thought the case was good and also claimed the case was based off my thoughts.
Good ISO work.

I think by this point since you've made so many snide comments about my opinions it is clear that we definitely do not see eye to eye and that I have different expectations to you.

Active and passive are yet another difference in opinions. But either way you have still proven my point and you don't deny as such except to try and undermine my work with "Good ISO work."

Active Lurking - posting without any real content in order to keep activity physically up
Active Lurking (1) - posting questions that really do not contribute to discussion/scumhunting
Active Lurking (2) - posting good questions without any follow up

At this point I think I just walked into a trap and you are going to word lawyer me.

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:When I did my second section of catchup I started from Post 206.
Good ISO work.

I just want to see you say smurf at this point because honestly....

FUCKING FUCK THOR

Stop being so god damn degrading to me because I misunderstand your fucking cryptologic text that I need a mother fucking cipher to use.

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:No - it isn't. Dear gawd, that's a terrible point.

Do you think slowly changing your read is bad then?

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:Except - it's quite valid.
Y'see, all this silly "case" It's not a case.
The case (thus far) is "Thor is dismissive of others, changes his reads in awkward ways, soft defended Sixty, and is active lurking through pointless questions."
That's the case.
This is 'examples' or, if you wish 'proof'.
Big difference.

If you boil everything down to this level of simplicity sure. Why not.
What would be in your opinion the pointless questions?

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:That's the closest thing I've seen to a scum case on me thus far.
I disagree with your definition of 'passively pushing'

and why wouldn't you?
You've disagreed with me on literally every other single fucking point. And you don't even deny the most important part of that point's validity.

At this point I think Thor's responses speak for themselves and for those of who read my original case you will see my point.

I'm not spoilering this.

In post 1205, Thor665 wrote:But...'meh, I disagree with you' is probably the core answer to everything except phrased in different witty and sarcastic ways.

Pretty fucking much...

Anyway, I'm on the precipice of very troublesome times and I am contemplating replacing out and having Mehdi fly this plane solo.
School has become a jumbled mess that I really only see myself getting hurt more from and to top it all of my family dog of over a decade has passed away and the last thing I fucking remember doing before leaving to go back to college is yelling at him for peeing on my rug.

So ya. That's where my life as it right now.

Also, side comments and shit.

Absta potentially replacing out for spoilerage problems would almost definitely mean he inadvertently discovered a scum member's identity because at that point it would break the game. Finding a town member's idenity would not be as detrimental but more likely and I don't know if he would make comments like that if he thought he found definitive town. So I do think there is potential easywin if we can look at his interactions but that is up to the ethics police whehter it is right to continue searching or not. So far, I haven't found anything.

Another thing, why did Jesse replace out? From what I saw, he just... flaked.
Is that normal for him? If it isn't I find it suspect because that is after he was pushed for his notes and then he refused saying the core of his gameplay would be ruined... when earlier he said he had been playing on alts.

Why would it matter if Jesse's play was ruined if this was one of his most recent games on that account in a long time? He can always deny being someone on an alt and get away with it. Replacing out unless it was a real life reason seemed suspect because of that weird inconsistency with the fear of others "knowing" his play when he primarily played on alts where no one would know him.

Still looking into Zach's insane world for more information
OS
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'll bother quote striping OVersoul if anyone besides Soul is interested.

The basic point is, if you actually pay attention - literally something like 30% of those answers don't even follow the original conversation we were having.

I think it's all made up gak and scum smokescreen (just the in-game stuff, the family/school/dog stuff sounds rough). It *might* be town and just terrible because he's so distracted...but...meh. I'm (shock) still pretty content with the idea of a Jesse or Soul lynch.

I'm confused why Soul wants to go searching for a piece of info that made Absta replace out. If Soul finds it, logically he would also need to replace out. The quest makes no sense.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1482, Thor665 wrote:I think it's all made up gak and scum smokescreen (just the in-game stuff, the family/school/dog stuff sounds rough). It *might* be town and just terrible because he's so distracted...but...meh. I'm (shock) still pretty content with the idea of a Jesse or Soul lynch.

Do you like call anyone with in an arm's reach scum except for N who you plainly ignore?

So you think Jesse is scum.

Then Soul.

Then I become a stronger scum read than Soul.

Then that mysteriously dropped somehow.

Like, seriously?

PS What did happen to the suspicion of me you showed in 1303?
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1246, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1245, Deadpool wrote:Sooo, why does N always feel bad and scummy to you?

My presumption is he's not good at playing town.

Please show proof of why you think this.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

A lot of that stated suspicion might have been intentionally exaggerated to force reactions.
I've also stated why I'm ignoring N.

I've played with him 4 times.
I've lynched him for being scum 4 times.
He flipped town 4 times.
I loathe his playstyle and find him terrible - but I can't read him. That said, the general consensus seems to be he's either buddies with me or with...who, Jesse? Soul? One of them, I forget.
Therefore since I know he's not my buddy that means if I lynch his theory buddy I don't need to make any call on him other than agreeing I find him suspect.
Win.

But, yes, I have called a lot of you scummy...kinda the point of the game.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1484, Deadpool wrote:
In post 1245, Deadpool wrote:Sooo, why does N always feel bad and scummy to you?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Hurm, I also wanted to link to some game that I know exists where we sat around in the DeadQT talking about how I read him like that, but I can't find it.
Whatevs. It exists.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1487, Thor665 wrote:Hurm, I also wanted to link to some game that I know exists where we sat around in the DeadQT talking about how I read him like that, but I can't find it.
Whatevs. It exists.

Why did you want to prove it?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1486, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1484, Deadpool wrote:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

You linked his ISO of this game? :?

Was that a mistake, because if not, umm.. how do you know he's town here?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Empire »

Want to reiterate that N's townread on Thor here is fucking awful. It seems to me like he should have been much more weirded out by Thor's push on him considering the context (Sixty basically claiming scum with the Voided hammer, which he acknowledges).

~Empire.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1490, Empire wrote:Want to reiterate that N's townread on Thor here is fucking awful. It seems to me like he should have been much more weirded out by Thor's push on him considering the context (Sixty basically claiming scum with the Voided hammer, which he acknowledges).

~Empire.

First time for everything, I guess.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1488, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1487, Thor665 wrote:Hurm, I also wanted to link to some game that I know exists where we sat around in the DeadQT talking about how I read him like that, but I can't find it.
Whatevs. It exists.

Why did you want to prove it?

Because...I...was...asked...to...prove...it...? :shifty:

In post 1489, Deadpool wrote:Was that a mistake, because if not, umm.. how do you know he's town here?

The core question was why does he always feel scummy to me.
That should answer it.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1492, Thor665 wrote:The core question was why does he always feel scummy to me.

Umm, well, that proves nothing expect that he's scummy in this game.

Which is what I've been saying.

Y'know, how we should be lynching scummy people?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by N »

Whatevs. It exists.

I think you're talking about Newbie 1288, but that talk was cut short by noctis_nox being terrible.

In post 1479, Justin Timberlake wrote:
In post 1471, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1467, Justin Timberlake wrote:
OKAY BUT REGFAN'S AUSTRALIAN. (In an alignment indicative way)

Okay, but how does that rate on the sexiness scale with and Irish accent? Just wondering.

Spoiler:
A man, fresh off the plane at Sydney airport, is trying to negotiate Australian customs. Finally, when it's his turn to get his passport stamped, the customs officer starts rattling off the usual questions:
C.O. - How long do you intend to stay?
Man - 1 week.
C.O. - What is the nature of this trip?
Man - Business.
C.O. - Do you have any past criminal convictions?
Man - I didn't think we still needed to!

That aside your question offends me, Empire. It doesn't rate. Kinda. Unless it's an Aussie woman.

Oh, I get it: Britain used to send out Irish people to settle Australia because they stole small things like a loaf of bread! So Irish people still think they have to break the law to get into Australia!
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Post by N »

In post 1494, N wrote:I think you're talking about Newbie 1288

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/PjYNnvyYpgc if anyone cares.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Cerueal, I'm not saying that your sole suspicion of Deadpool is based on his replace in but I am saying that I think it's made you somewhat biased of the situation because you're so close to it. I haven't had much of any issue with anything coming from them and are finding so much of Arthurs posting genuine but that's really unneeded given Absta makes the slot town alone. If you disagree with some of the points re; Absta being town then bring it up and discuss them with me otherwise AbstaTown = DeadpoolTown and that's all there is to it. Also I can understand why you might want to hold of reads until the replacement comes in but I'd rather be able to have as much information as possible to work with right now instead of waiting. Deadlines in 4 days so lets not waste time please.

In post 1427, Soul2277 wrote:Next, JT if you've solidified our read then you should be able to vote (2 lynches left with three possible scum according to you and one of the three can't pair up with the other two).

I haven't solidified my read on you guys at all yet though - I think Faraday is growing much more confident you're town but I still have my doubts. That said Oversouls posts are making me more and more willing to put them aside. Here's my issue though; I think Jesses slot is actually rather likely scum and I don't see him partner with anyone other than you so there's something wrong and I'm unable to work it all out. I also think Thors town so unless it's somehow Jesse + N and I've ruled that out incorrectly then one of my town reads on you and Thor are wrong and you'll have to bare with me and deal with me not throwing down a vote until I work it all out.

In post 1481, Soul2277 wrote:So I do think there is potential easywin if we can look at his interactions but that is up to the ethics police whehter it is right to continue searching or not.

I think Thor pointed it out but searching for it is pointless given finding it will end up being a force-replace or modkill which isn't a good idea.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:28 am

I should be asleep but someone remind me to look at Jesse/N again tomorrow - had a random thought about something there when trying to fall asleep.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:56 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1496, Justin Timberlake wrote:Cerueal, I'm not saying that your sole suspicion of Deadpool is based on his replace in but I am saying that I think it's made you somewhat biased of the situation because you're so close to it. I haven't had much of any issue with anything coming from them and are finding so much of Arthurs posting genuine but that's really unneeded given Absta makes the slot town alone.

If you mean that f-16 replace in post was fairly bland and that he made sure to include a null Thor in it which was followed up by Arthur's strange super strong town read of thors that he refused to or couldnt explain...so strong to the extent that he was basing his read of me on whether or not I had Thor as a strong town read and instead of answering the questions I directed at him he deflected onto me, yes, I hold his replace in suspect. That night it looked to me that he was thors partner, this was further intensified to me by the way he came in the next day and decided that Thor was scum and couldn't really explain that turn around either. His push on piggy was super forced, especially when Arthur (emote and smiley king) thinks her posts look forced with all the emotes and smilies. So, that day he decided there was a piggy/Thor partnership (even though the very night before Thor was such a strong town read because "probs read something genuine" that to suspect him was near as good a scum claim. But did he suggest lynching Thor? No. Now today he finds an N/Thor partnership but is there a suggestion to lynch Thor? No, we should lynch N.

Now can you possibly see where my lingering paranoia is. Please stop suggesting that it has anything to do with me still being mad or emotional or something. Pless dismisses me all the time due to his belief that I only suspect people because they questioned me when the fact is I call people town far more often than scum. Hell arhturs pushed me harder than this in more than one game, tried to get me lynched for silly reasons, and I've called him town in the process. So, please don't dismiss me like that because all its doing is making me dig my heels in for what I see as valid suspicion. I don't want that and this game doesn't need that.

Of course you find all arhturs posts genuine, you decided he was near confirmed town before he replaced in. I'm not going to outguess the situation and not try to actually read Arthur because of the way absta replaced out. There is some of Arthur's posts that look genuine, and I'm trying to see his town game here. But I'm also not as confident that absta was obvtown either. The pints you bring up as town tells, I don't find overwhelmingly town as some of it (complaining about the thread locking, followed up by not knowing or caring how the process worked, even the fake hammer) look somewhat exaggerated and fake to me. His claim to not be confident in his read of voided and then in his next post vote voided with the disclaimer "and I'm only on the 5th post in iso" read off, and he never addresses the question I put to him about it.

So, no I'm not as confident the slot is town. I liked most of f-16s posts but it's worrisome that he hasn't posted again. And some of Arthur's posts do read genuine but a lot of it I don't. He has a town read on Jesse that he can't xpalin beyond "dunno...genuine" when he can actually answer why he has reads. Yes, a lot of his reads are based on gut, but he was able to explain his soul town read, but that's the only one he's actually answered with something that makes sense. And I am somewhat concerned/paranoid of a Thor/deadpool partnership.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
Deadline: Mon 3 Dec, 10:37 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-12-03 10:37:00)
)
With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.

Still looking for a replacement for theslimer3. If I don't find a replacement within the next 19 hours or so, deadline will be extended to 72 hours from when the slot is filled.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Completed Open Games”