Open 465 - Wot's... Uh the Deal? (Game Over! Town Win!)

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:16 am

Post by Malakittens »

You are getting time stamps mixed up

Vote Count

Adam-12 (L-3): Guile, Malakittens
Prohawk (L-4): Pirate Mollie
Code-X (L-4): Leviathan93
Pirate Mollie (L-2): ProHawk, Shrimp85, Adam-12
Malakittens (L-4): Mantisdreamz

Not Voting: Code-X

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM EST
Last edited by Majiffy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:19 am

Post by Adam-12 »

I suppose that's possible. I am kinda tired right now and am going to hit the sack soon. If I did mess up I'm sorry.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:39 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 339, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 288, Mantisdreamz wrote:
but you've said that it will create a false sense of security. But just because you say that, i don;'t see how it will create that. how is it much different from stating your scum reads and who you think could be certain scum?

The problem is we don't have flips and are uncertain of alignments. Using "pairing" to scum hunt without scum flips is a false scum hunting technique; its illusory. Scum hunting is based on scum tells by individuals, when the individual actually flips scum then its safe to hunt by pairings.

yes but it also gives you the chance to step back and see who has interacted with who. for example, i would say that you and shrimp are not scum together. someone may also say that mollie and i aren't scum together.

i'm not going to argue it though, i think i can see somewhat what you mean.. in that, it's best to just focus on one person at a time... and being that that can even be difficult in itself (to find one scum).. that it's even more wifom to look for 2 at once.

but still it's still good to look at who has kept a distance from one another.

Ya, we pretty much can't help having those thoughts run through our head but its best to keep them on a leash so we stay sane and grounded in actual scum tells. Its also an easy way for scum create cases because you only have to show simple connections or lack of them based on unknown alignments.

lol. it is just as easy to come up with a case based on individual tells. also I am assuming you mean objective tells as opposed to relative ones.

already knew I would most likely be lynched I have played enough games I can see where the herd is going called it earlier right now I am trying to mine the most info for my team hoping that at least one of them will have a brain and will go back and look on past interactions of the dead players.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:50 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 344, Shrimp85 wrote:Now, from Pirate Mollie I am
not
getting any town read whatsoever.
From the PR claim, to the constant OMGUS.
And now her WIFOM's on how scum would act.

Nah, I think I see scum.

UNVOTE: Adam-12
VOTE: Pirate mollie

lol.
Shrimp85
Shrimp85
Goon
Shrimp85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:46 am

Post by Shrimp85 »

Adam-12 wrote:Now that I think about it, I think that RVS tell on Molly does show scum-conscious voting behavior and both Hawk & I were correct in noting it.

What? I'm pretty sure I'm the one that said her vote was scummy, and you who disapproved.

Pirate Mollie wrote:already knew I would most likely be lynched I have played enough games I can see where the herd is going

Is this supposed to convince me you're town?
If you've played enough games I would expect you to at least know not to create crappy WIFOM.
And that subtle PR claim...
Besides, the first time you even said you knew you were going to be lynched, you only had one vote on you.
Is this "lol"you post quite frequently supposed to give me the impression that you aren't feeling pressured?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 345, Adam-12 wrote:Ok caught up.

So, Mantis has been moved to the town category. This means that most likely one of my town reads is incorrect. Of the town reads I have, I am not willing to consider Hawk, Levi, Mantis or Shrimp.

That leaves Mala & Mollie.

Mala -- At first I was really turned off by her summary post (#166) which really sounded off with her suspicion of Mollie & Vote for Hawk. Later however she explains the Hawk vote and unvotes which looks genuine to me because I can understand the lure of the strong meta pull for Hawk. She didn't seem to see how Guille was active lurking even though he posted elsewhere on this site without posting in this game and when he did finally make his first post, it was apparent that he clearly skimmed. She then goes over the top defending Guille against pro-town pressuring even to the point of saying she likes to lurk as town and going in-your-face yelling about it even when he only had one vote on him. I find this behavior bizarre but am hard pressed to believe that (or even explain how) she would do this as scum; the only explanation I have is that she has some kind of affinity with Guille having played with him before and being in a game he is modding and so for her it became personal and beyond the scope of this particular game. She is queried by Mantis about her odd recent postings and apparent lack of scum hunting and replies that she was reaction testing; ultimately I think I buy this because this game is showing itself difficult to figure out and I think she is experiencing some of the same frustration that I have been. Her vote for me for stopping discussion is just bad but I have a set of questions set out for her which should help me understand it better. Ultimately I think its just a residue of her defense of Guille which I actively opposed her on. So with everything taken into account, I am finding it hard to paint a scum picture with Mala.

Mollie -- Upon my re-examination of Mollie I did come across something I missed earlier but stands out to me now. Across many of her posts she seems preoccupied with being lynched and declaring that she is not scum. These declarations have also been accompanied by AtE which I found odd; such as, "When I flip re-examine this" and "I am looking to be the next lynch, I can see things going that way" and "Let me post these reads before people follow Hawk in lynching me". Her vote for Hawk had no explanation. She also directed the tracker/watcher in post #247. She also tends to describe her behavior as scum to show herself as town (self meta); such as, "I WoT as scum" and others. What I liked about Mollie was her level head, strong demeanor & mafia skills and these traits created a town profile in my mind that sort of hid these other subtle signs of scum-conscious behavior. The easy scum tells are usually the ones that result in a D1 lynch of a townie. I am always in favor of the more subtle tells because they're the ones that tend to catch scum. I think a vote here is in order.

Regarding Guille, I expect him to honor his expressed intention to post regularly with substantial content and would ask that he give a summary of the major events of the day (Mala's RVS Levi case, Blacksmith Gate, Mollie-Mantis Meta, Myself vs. Shrimp, Hawk vs. Mollie and anything else of note that he finds). I am not concerned very much about his case against me as every one of my questions have been designed to hunt scum and with substantiation of such, the discussion should move elsewhere.

Unvote, Vote Mollie

fucking first sensible reason I have seen so far in voting on me. but you are wrong.

my game is going to look scummy cos I don't care what I look like. it is a team effort and I do not mind tanking for my team.

also I do not mind getting lynched I have no ego invested in perfect score of not getting lynched cos I play to maximise the info for my team regardless of my role not so that I can sit back on my laurels and say "oh I have only been lynched as town once" lol.

but addressing the subtle observation factor...just coming off of 3 games where I was scum. the audio one on this site, TO and ratskep. the eau de scum perfume has not worn off I suppose but it is untrue that I am trying to fight for survival I am telling mantis I am town so that we can team up and pressure some player's asses we have until the 17th. you are misconstruing things but I can in a way see where you are coming from. you don't know what you are looking at.

I am scumhunting as best as I can but it is hard playing on the defensive. also I accept your apology.

current reads:

mantis - treating as town. looks genuine but I dislike her votes and her reads. trying to work this out with the time we have left.

malacat - her reactions look good IMO. if she is scum she has mastered the art of navigation flow. she has offered up that she will find scum on d2 and the complete scum team by d3. scum don't usually offer this up and I say hold her to it if not lynch her.

adam - starting to lean town. genuinely might be trying to work things out. serious disagreements about playstyle.

shrimp guy - retarded. if town he should simply stop posting if scum well bang on job I guess. doesn't seem to know the difference between anti-town and scummy so if n3w he should probably go learn that.

levi - is being given a pass which he really does not deserve. I usually do not go after newbs but he is playing it up too much especially with his list of reads why is nobody looking at that except mala. he has given everyone a town read except for 2, he seems willing to offer up mantis and hawk boy, thinking they are both town. I could see a malacat/levi team going on with mala bussing him early but mala looks townish to me so wondering who is not wanting him lynched is more of what I am looking at.

hawk boy - what is he doing I don't even. I have a love/hate relationship with gambit players.

guille - is going wtf. non-committal, defensiveness, safe play. looks scummy if we operate from the axis that scum will lay on the periphereal and give good reasons why while trying to keep a low profile that is wrapped up IRL activity. callout to hawk boy if you are seeking for scum to try to blend in this is your best bet.

who else is playing I do not even remember.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 am

Post by pirate mollie »

VOTE: levianthanwhateverthenumberis
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 am

Post by Majiffy »

I believe the magical number you're grasping for is Ninety-Three (93)
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:38 am

Post by Adam-12 »

^^^ LOL

>:D
Last edited by Majiffy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Adam-12 »

Ok, on Levi. For him to be playing the newb card is deeply as he is playing it, he would have to be skilled scum and from reviewing his sitewide ISO, he just isn't. I read him as genuine inexperienced town.

On Guille, I have him back in the "null" pile. This is twice you have called him "over-defensive"; I don't get it. Now that the guy has a heartbeat he will be posting regularly and with content. If he is scum it should come out on subsequent days.

I also have my own "love/hate" relationship; its with "minimalist" players. Done right, its helpful to town and I think Hawk is doing it right.

Ya, the guy you don't remember is (soon to be replaced thank you!)Code.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am

Post by guille2015 »

Adam-12

*Loaded questions are a tactic used by scum to make somebody look scummier than they already are. If done correctly, the town player will look scummy regardless of what they answer. Just like any other "scumtell", town will also use these, so it's nothing set in stone really. It depends on the frequency and whether there is followup. , , (This one is rhetorical), and... My remember reading another question, similar in the vain as #26, but I can't seem to find it. Upon reading Adam's ISO more carefully, his loaded questions are not horribly bad. I would have liked a bit more follow up to it. His reaction to my accusations were a bit of the OMGUS type though.
*Post struck me as odd. He has very little posts done overall for this assumption to be made. But regardless this is subjective and irrelevant.
*Post : "So you guys have played together before?" Does it matter?
*Post : "Would you be able to make the following statement: 'I'm not a total newb because I've played alot of Mafia in r/l and have been hanging out on this site.'" I think this is an irrelevant question. Additionally there is no followup, and Adam does not respond to Shrimps rebuttal.
*Post : After ISOing Adam, I like how he backed off shrimp. Recognizing your flawed viewpoint is a good trait to have. I don't see a scummy retraction here. He also retracted his flawed idea that I was actively lurking much later. +points.
*Reads on post : The reads are fine, with the exception of thinking that those that have not posted are scum. The most suspicious thing here is that he tags every female player is a male except for Mollie. Granted, Mollie is a female name, but without the gender tag at the bottom, it's hard to tell in the inter-webs. This is minor though.
*Why did you not like Mala's post here:
In post 258, Adam-12 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 243, Malakittens wrote:Are you guys fucking serious?

He posted once and you are all ready to hammer him? Either he's seriously town and everyone's about to quicklynch him or he's scum with his partner seriously bussing his ass. I'm not convinced of the latter.

Hold your damn horses and wait for codeX to post reads.

I don't like this post.

*I am not going to get into detail about the Guille/Adam/Mala (guille-lurking) thing. We have already talked about it, resolved it, and closed it.

Unvote Adam-12

His followup posts later in the game have improved my perception of him. He is stubborn, rude and tunnels the hell out of people, but this in itself is no indication of being scum.

Because I have to go home now, the day was completely unproductive for my mafia. (Totally productive for my RL job though).

I will tackle Mantis and Pirate Mollie. The more I read from Mollie the harder it is to shake this scum gut sense, and I know it's not because she is constantly saying that I am being defensive. I want to remedy that by taking a very close look at her. Mantis reads as opportunists in this game. I need to read up on her to make sure that I am right about this.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:33 am

Post by guille2015 »

Are you in Australia Adam?

In post 345, Adam-12 wrote:Regarding Guille, I expect him to honor his expressed intention to post regularly with substantial content and would ask that he give a summary of the major events of the day (Mala's RVS Levi case, Blacksmith Gate, Mollie-Mantis Meta, Myself vs. Shrimp, Hawk vs. Mollie and anything else of note that he finds).

Lets see, very quickly before I leave.
Mala's RVS Levi case: Good way to exit RVS. Got lots of information out of players and Levi came out looking town. Likely that Levi is town. Which reminds me that I have to check why Mollie is voting for Levi.

Blacksmith Gate
: Irrelevant. I got no useful information out of it. I've never heard of that term being used as a VT equivalent, and that is not the case here.

Mollie-Mantis Meta
: I missed this. I'll get back and check it out.

Adam vs. Shrimp
: You were tunneling him so hard that you likely made a hole in him. He came on top, and you were basing your arguments on flawed assumptions. Good retraction from your part. Shrimp responded well, which is no indication of alignment but I get a town feel from him.

Hawk vs. Mollie
: I missed this too. I'll get back to this when I ISO Mollie.

anything else of note that I finds
: Out of everyone in this game the people that stand out to me are Mollie and Mantis. Levi is likely town. I have a town read on Mala, and Up to this point I have never been mistaken with her. Adam-12 fairs better in the later half of the game. He needs to improve on his assumptions and make sure that they are correct. All in all, I don't think he is as scummy as I thought he was earlier. Shrimp, I have nothing much on him. Hawk, is someone I want to read through. Maybe town, but not sure. Nothing on Codex, I am looking forward to his replacement, or his return, whichever comes first.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:47 am

Post by Adam-12 »

I work in an inbound callcenter from home that runs 24/7. I find myself working overnight alot. ;)
Shrimp85
Shrimp85
Goon
Shrimp85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 am

Post by Shrimp85 »

Pirate Mollie wrote:shrimp guy - retarded. if town he should simply stop posting if scum well bang on job I guess.

You're gonna have to try harder than this really.

pirate mollie wrote:guille - is going wtf. non-committal, defensiveness, safe play.

You act as if safe play is a bad thing... You do realize that as town you also have to play it a bit safe in order to not get yourself mislynched right?
Besides, how is he playing it safe? It seems to me that the word you're really looking for is responsible.

pirate mollie wrote:malacat - her reactions look good IMO. if she is scum she has mastered the art of navigation flow. she has offered up that she will find scum on d2 and the complete scum team by d3. scum don't usually offer this up and
I say hold her to it, if not lynch her.

I agree this is a very bold thing to say of Malakittens... It's one thing to make a promise that has no certainty that it can be kept, but it's another thing to even think about demanding her to keep up to it.
Don't pretend we all don't know it's a stupid claim.
And that on it's own is not enough to lynch her in my opinion.

By the way, this:
"her reactions look good IMO. if she is scum she has mastered the art of navigation flow."
Seems like you are leaning toward a town read, but the other part of the post hints at lynching... confusing really.

By the way, Guille2015...
I really like your posts, very easy to read, very clear, and most important, it all makes sense.
Just your posting style alone is something I can learn from.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

these were the 2 words u should have gotten from anything I addressed to you:

stop posting

In post 363, Shrimp85 wrote:
pirate mollie wrote:guille - is going wtf. non-committal, defensiveness, safe play.

You act as if safe play is a bad thing... You do realize that as town you also have to play it a bit safe in order to not get yourself mislynched right?
Besides, how is he playing it safe? It seems to me that the word you're really looking for is responsible.

chalking this up to inexperience but it sure looks like you are trying to groom guille.

I agree this is a very bold thing to say of Malakittens... It's one thing to make a promise that has no certainty that it can be kept, but it's another thing to even think about demanding her to keep up to it.
Don't pretend we all don't know it's a stupid claim.

And that on it's own is not enough to lynch her in my opinion.

hhhmmm...it isn't a stupid claim malacat is not retarded. I know good play when I see it. she either delivers or she doesn't it really is that simple. as scum she would not highlight that she typically finds scum by d3 unless she can deliver. if she is scum by saying that it puts her in a position to force bus her teammate which hey works in town's favour. scum typically do not do that shit unless she is super bold and thinks her scummate is an idiot which if levi flips scum I would not rule that out I am just going with that it is unlikely.

By the way, this:
"her reactions look good IMO. if she is scum she has mastered the art of navigation flow."
Seems like you are leaning toward a town read, but the other part of the post hints at lynching... confusing really.

I have been saying that all along except when I said she seemed disengaged which nobody latched onto except for mantis. mala is a terrible lynch choice IMO.

By the way, Guille2015...
I really like your posts, very easy to read, very clear, and most important, it all makes sense.
Just your posting style alone is something I can learn from.

^grooming

I am not getting a good handle on who is scum period which is why I am good with my lynch at least it will provide info for my team. I still think hawk boy or levi is the best way to go preferably levi who provided a list of everyone appearing innocent or innocentish. but hey my self worth is not invested in being right all of the time there are better things to base that on.

thinking on all of this mantis your votes and foses look truly terrible.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

Ok, I think I have misunderstood the term "groom" and I suspect it comes from another site. I thought it meant setting someone up for later lynch but I think what it really means is "buddying"??
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 364, pirate mollie wrote:

I'm finding her to be quite thorough and genuinely active, is this wrong?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Code has 7 hours to post.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 365, Adam-12 wrote:Ok, I think I have misunderstood the term "groom" and I suspect it comes from another site. I thought it meant setting someone up for later lynch but I think what it really means is "buddying"??

it is a type of buddying I guess. when I think of "buddying" I usually use the word "cosying", grooming is a sweet set up for endgame or a midgame nk flip. cosying supports reads while grooming supports character does this make sense.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 366, Adam-12 wrote:

well one can be thorough and active and that have nothing to do with one's alignment. her reactions look very genuine I disagree with her foses and votes. her fos on levi looks good to me though cos it did look like he kind of knew how

also why are you talking to me like I am town aren't I the evil scum lord or something like that.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

What does "set up for a endgame or midgame nk flip" mean?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 369, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 366, Adam-12 wrote:

well one can be thorough and active and that have nothing to do with one's alignment. her reactions look very genuine I disagree with her foses and votes. her fos on levi looks good to me though cos it did look like he kind of knew how

also why are you talking to me like I am town aren't I the evil scum lord or something like that.

I don't think your reads are unimportant.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 370, Adam-12 wrote:What does "set up for a endgame or midgame nk flip" mean?

okay a few pages back you were telling me how to play and now you are wanting to know what I think, lol.

scum players will pick out who they want in endgame early and set the stage for that. this most definitely is not true for all players I don't think that mantis naturally thinks like this but I have found her to be the exception rather than the rule for strong players and mantis is a strong player.

you can set up a player to have in endgame by appealing to their character rather than their play that is what I mean by grooming it is subtle but a useful tactic used by scum. you can also use them for a midgame flip and ride on their town credibility if you are scum, works wonders.

oh yeah I am scum cos I am looking at things from a scum POV and that must mean I am scum and not using my experience of when I have played as scum in order to scum hunt wrt looking at motivation behind posts /sarcasm. lol, I would rather be lynched on d1 by retards and scum then make it to endgame or even midgame with a shitload of wifom around my head cos that hurts my team.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

@Mantis: What do you think about my post regarding Mollie? Does it make any sense? I'd rather hear your full opinion in your own words than address any specific concerns/thoughts that I have.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 368, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 365, Adam-12 wrote:Ok, I think I have misunderstood the term "groom" and I suspect it comes from another site. I thought it meant setting someone up for later lynch but I think what it really means is "buddying"??

it is a type of buddying I guess. when I think of "buddying" I usually use the word "cosying", grooming is a sweet set up for endgame or a midgame nk flip. cosying supports reads while grooming supports character does this make sense.

or you could say grooming is something that scum do to one or more town persons. they'll agree with their reads, and might even put a very townish read on them in order for them to feel positive about the groomer.

mollie, the post where you said that my foses and vote looks terrible.. maybe. I'm on mala. but, if you are town, as well as adam and possibly shrimp (from my perspective). that leaves only guille, code-x, mala and prohawk and levi.

-there's no read on code-x
-guille looked bad to me because i thought he was posting and pretending that he didn't realize that adam gave up his scum read on shrimp. but it turns out i misread his post. he's more unsure to me now.
-have to admit now, with levi, that he could be trying to play the noob card

that leaves mala and prohawk. I don't pretend to be that certain that both are scum, or even one of them. but they are playing kind of low key, to an extent and they appear somewhat townish. But they are really not putting themselves out there that much or flailing around. scum do that.

but i'm not really against levi being scum.

i still have put you on a 'don't go there' thing right now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”