Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:35 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 799, TheTrollie wrote:@kinetic - i'm pretty sure i have a post in this game that looks at the Toxic/abaddon interactions extensively and concludes they cannot both be scum but I'll go back and re-read it cause i kind forgot why...think it was about the quarrel over the reaction test maybe.

@thor, im not gonna let u come in here, and keep deflecting away from our heavy suspicion of your slot. Yes, what you are doing is good (in some cases) and helpful, but we need stuff from you to help us figure out whats going on with ur slot. I want a list of reads. Yeah, i get it, your lazy and dont wanna catch up. Too bad, just use what you've read so far then, idc, but i want reads.

I saw that quarrel too and early came to the same conclusion. After reading more though I'm starting to think that is more of a "shape-up buddy" post though.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:51 am

Post by TheTrollie »

Can someone remind me of what the Scum-Sable Tip argument was?
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 799, TheTrollie wrote:@thor, im not gonna let u come in here, and keep deflecting away from our heavy suspicion of your slot. Yes, what you are doing is good (in some cases) and helpful, but we need stuff from you to help us figure out whats going on with ur slot. I want a list of reads. Yeah, i get it, your lazy and dont wanna catch up. Too bad, just use what you've read so far then, idc, but i want reads.

:D
Okay, sparky, a couple things.

1. I haven't deflected *anything* because I actually haven't been accused of a single thing since I got here - I've just had people quietly sitting with their votes on me. I've even asked one person (Kinetic) to explain those reads...and then he deflected me. So...yeah.

2. I am doing good.

3. I don't do lists of reads. But here's what I've currently got; I think you, Idiotking, and Toxic are probably town. I think Slandaar is lurking, and that makes me think he's scummy, but I'm currently modest on that read because I want to give him time to keep doing whatever it is he might be doing. I think Kinetic is scum (hint: hence the vote). I actually have basically no read on anyone else because the bulk of the game is lurking and being too scared to advance any actual legit opinions.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Kinetic - why you keep ducking?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 795, Thor665 wrote:I looked at your posts - here, I'll repeat the entire case.

Abbadon calls something a strawman that isn't
technically
a strawman.
Abbadon defends Toxic.

...vote Abbadon.

Did I miss anything?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Post by Idiotking »

First of all, sorry for my absence guys, the past few weeks have been absolute hell for me.

That said, here are my thoughts on D2 thusfar (as always, they are partially stream of

consciouness; also I should note that I'm running on three hours of sleep in the past 48, so

this may very well be garbled gibberish):

Of my scumreads from yesterday, Sherlock, Abaddon/Thor, Kinetic, Slandaar, and Trollie are

still alive (you're right, Trollie, Tommy does appear to be dead).

As I've said before, Trollie is definitely not scum. He is not necessarily town, but we can

deal with that later. I think it would be good for the town to vote on who they think Trollie

should kill (I.E. treat it as a second lynch). At this point even if Trollie is a SK he will

want to kill mafia.

Slandaar is active lurking like always. His utter uselessness makes me sad. Like an onion

made of sadness.

Thor hasn't really posted any dramatic arguments so far, but it's only been a few days. I

also have difficulty with his jokes (for example, did you actually not read the thread, Thor,

or was that a joke?), but that's obviously not scummy. I think I'm just going to wait and

watch more of his play. Or at least wait until I can examine his play in the context of

Abaddon's play. I would like to point out though that he's right, nobody has made an argument

about Thor's actual play since he replaced in. They just want to go after him for his slot.

That's fine and all, Abaddon was scummy, but you can't really say Thor's deflecting anything

when nothing has been firmly said against him.

Sherlock is most likely not scum, almost completely due to Trollie's claim that he isn't one-

shot. The only way I can see for Sherlock to still be scum is if he had just decided to

protect Trollie for some reason or another (maybe just to irritate the town or something).

Even then though, it would not make sense for him to be against Trollie shooting on N1 (unless

that was just a front, but then things are getting way too convoluted; he'd have to be faking

opposition to something that would directly benefit him and was being actively supported by

the town, all to build town props somehow). I think Sherlock is best left alone for now. If

he is scum, he is either a complete genius or a complete lunatic.

Kwll's play is still completely unreadable to me, as any new guy's play is. I am still ok

with using him as a last resort for lynch, because as I've said before, we absolutely do not

want him around in LYLO. I'd actually appreciate it if Trollie killed him, unless there's a

clearly better option.

Kinetic appears to have gotten into a big old slapfight with toxic. Isn't this, like, the

fifth one of these toxic's been in this game?. I get the feeling that toxic is kind of like

how I used to be, back when I got into arguments over ridiculous little things that lasted for

ages. Anyway, I agree that regardless of whether Kinetic was correct in his read of toxic, he

should have had his vote on toxic if that was his strongest scumread. I don't think it's

necessarily scummy, because he hadn't caught all the way up, but it is still something to

consider. Then later he votes Thor after getting into his big thing with toxic, saying that

he was really waiting for his other major scumread to pop back in.

W...
why?
That's just... odd. I can't imagine any sort of town reason for doing that.

If you've got two scumreads and you don't want to vote for one of them just yet for some

reason,
vote for the other one, dummy.

This leaves me with Kinetic, Slandaar, and kwll. Of these, Kinetic and Slandaar are my two

main picks. I just got out of a game where the last two scum were lurkers, so I may be a bit

paranoid about it, but I just don't like Slandaar's blatant active lurking. Then again,

Kinetic has been actively scummy, and since I didn't really like his slot anyway,

Vote Kinetic

That may change when I get to do my reread thing, but I doubt it.

Now to respond to a few things specifically addressed to me:

In post 758, TheTrollie wrote:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php? p=4482321#p4482321]post 501[/url], Idiotking wrote:
FOS JacobSavage

Weak. Just weak. It's too hard to make a decision, so you run away with your tail between

your legs and settle for a lynch that is very unlikely at the moment.

were there things in the QT that supported this FOS as well?

Not really. There wasn't very much discussion beyond roleclaiming and the

Trollie/Sherlock/Cheery scumteam thing. I mentioned it, but Jacob didn't really say anything

about it (I doubleposted with the second and much longer post being about the roleclaiming

thing). I basically decided that the best way to see if Jacob was town was to have us claim

neighbors and see if there was another neighborhood. Since nobody's mentioned anything I'm

going to assume we are the only one, and the mod would have to be a bit of a jerk to have only

one 2-person neighborhood with one of them being scum.

Also, toxic, for future reference, you may just want to drop the whole reaction test thing.

You may have had good intentions and whatnot, and it may be useful somehow, but it's

controversial as hell, and if it worked how you intended we shouldn't still be having big

arguments about it. As for my opinion about it, I still don't understand what exactly it's

meant to achieve, since it relies on an assumption that I don't agree with ("scum would be

less likely to jump on bad play than townies", or at least that's my closest estimation of the

point of the reaction test). But at this point I'm just sick and tired of hearing about it.

It makes my head hurt to even read the words reaction test. Nor do I really see any point in

Kinetic or toxic caring about my opinion of the thing. It's more like Kinetic and toxic are

just trying to win arguments rather than catch scum, digging themselves deeper into a pit of

stupid that will be impossible to crawl out of. I've been in a lot of holes like that, I know

what it looks like.

As I said, I do intend to go back and re-examine the whole thread, so I will be also

reevaluating the rest of the players. For now though, I cast my net wide enough yesterday to

have caught at least one scum. If not I need to lynch my town reads from now on.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Ok, remind me never to try to format stuff in a .txt document again.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In post 805, Idiotking wrote:Thor hasn't really posted any dramatic arguments so far, but it's only been a few days. I

also have difficulty with his jokes (for example, did you actually not read the thread, Thor,

or was that a joke?), but that's obviously not scummy. I think I'm just going to wait and

watch more of his play. Or at least wait until I can examine his play in the context of

Abaddon's play. I would like to point out though that he's right, nobody has made an argument

about Thor's actual play since he replaced in. They just want to go after him for his slot.

That's fine and all, Abaddon was scummy, but you can't really say Thor's deflecting anything

when nothing has been firmly said against him.

Thor hasn't DONE anything since he joined, the only thing we can base his "play" off of is his slot. Which, btw, doesn't change alignment when he replaced. Abaddon is still scum, it doesn't matter if he's wearing a Thor suit right now.

In post 805, Idiotking wrote:Anyway, I agree that regardless of whether Kinetic was correct in his read of toxic, he

should have had his vote on toxic if that was his strongest scumread. I don't think it's

necessarily scummy, because he hadn't caught all the way up, but it is still something to

consider.

If its not scummy, why is it something to consider?

In post 805, Idiotking wrote:Then later he votes Thor after getting into his big thing with toxic, saying that

he was really waiting for his other major scumread to pop back in.

Actually, what I said was:

In post 772, Kinetic wrote:Thanks, I finished my read yesterday, I was waiting on Abaddon to return because I was ready to string him up. That's why I haven't been voting for toxic, I've been waiting for the proper time to vote my other top suspect.

Two things: 1) I had finally caught up. 2) The person I intended to vote had returned (sort of).

In post 805, Idiotking wrote:W... why? That's just... odd. I can't imagine any sort of town reason for doing that.

If you've got two scumreads and you don't want to vote for one of them just yet for some

reason, vote for the other one, dummy.

Reason for not voting anyone (or toxic) at the time, a reason you said was "not scummy" above:
In post 705, Kinetic wrote:
In post 703, toxictaipan wrote:Remind me why you're not voting for me, again?

Because I'm still catching up. I'm not going to rise to your bait scum.

Reason for not voting Abaddon:
In post 713, Kinetic wrote:Or, perhaps, Abbadon is at 3 votes right now, and it takes 6 to lynch. The 4th vote is crucial, and I'm not comfortable making that vote on a half-read. Add to that, I'm not sure if I want to lead the wagon against you yet, or support the wagon on Abbadon yet, until I have fully read the game, I would think any townie would find that a reasonable position. You, however, are not a townie, you're scum, so I can understand why you find it completely incomprehensible. You can bait me all you want, I'll move my sword when I feel like it, not a moment sooner.

I hope that clarifies things.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 am

Post by Slandaar »

<-- Keeps on doing what hes doing
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 am

Post by Slandaar »

Thor; the link isn't a very good example it doesn't fit the criteria, do you have another?

In post 782, Thor665 wrote:
2. Why kwll?

In post 696, Slandaar wrote:
My case is basically; When I read some of your posts I feel like I am at the theater.

Magic

I like how you put basically no effort into finding what you were looking for.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 807, Kinetic wrote:Thor hasn't DONE anything since he joined, the only thing we can base his "play" off of is his slot. Which, btw, doesn't change alignment when he replaced. Abaddon is still scum, it doesn't matter if he's wearing a Thor suit right now.

You're right.
Other than coming in, scumhunting multiple players, offering opinions on all the big arguments, and calling someone scum and voting them, I haven't DONE anything.

You're still dodging my question.

Busted scum.

In post 809, Slandaar wrote:Thor; the link isn't a very good example it doesn't fit the criteria, do you have another?]/quote]
Actually, it very much does.
I'm basically not there for Day 1.
Day 2 I announce that I'm the most obvious town in the game.
That has a period of inactivity from the slot to the point I'm basically re-entering the game, and also has me announcing me being obv. town off limited evidence.
I'm not looking any more - how about you look?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 810, Thor665 wrote:
In post 807, Kinetic wrote:Thor hasn't DONE anything since he joined, the only thing we can base his "play" off of is his slot. Which, btw, doesn't change alignment when he replaced. Abaddon is still scum, it doesn't matter if he's wearing a Thor suit right now.

You're right.
Other than coming in, scumhunting multiple players, offering opinions on all the big arguments, and calling someone scum and voting them, I haven't DONE anything.

You're still dodging my question.

Busted scum.

In post 809, Slandaar wrote:Thor; the link isn't a very good example it doesn't fit the criteria, do you have another?]/quote]
Actually, it very much does.
I'm basically not there for Day 1.
Day 2 I announce that I'm the most obvious town in the game.
That has a period of inactivity from the slot to the point I'm basically re-entering the game, and also has me announcing me being obv. town off limited evidence.
I'm not looking any more - how about you look?

I'm not dodging your question. I told you, I dont' have TIME to write up this huge detailed case you want. How about this, you go write my 30-page legal memo on why the Justice Robert's opinion in the Health Care case was correctly decided, but for the wrong reason and I'll get you that case. In the mean time, since your ONLY case against me is I refuse to make a case against you when there are already 3 other votes on the table, why don't you focus on the fact that I'm not the only one who finds you scummy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

Other people finding me scummy does not validate your reasons.
I'm not asking you for a giant case, I'm asking what I missed. That really ought to be able to be done by just telling me - I'm not demanding links to evidence, just the case.
You are continuing to dodge.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

Heck, you could at least tell me why I'm lying about not having DONE anything, yeah? You hit me with that, even though I'm blatantly actually doing things, so, y'know, justify it?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:25 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 812, Thor665 wrote:Other people finding me scummy does not validate your reasons.
I'm not asking you for a giant case, I'm asking what I missed. That really ought to be able to be done by just telling me - I'm not demanding links to evidence, just the case.

You are just like toxic, a broken record, stating the same thing over and over again like it somehow makes it more true that way. I stated enough reasons to justify my vote. Other people are voting you as well. Talk to them. I'm done responding to you.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 am

Post by nhammen »

Prodding Deltabacon 10 hours after I should have done so (because his prod was due at 2am my time).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 814, Kinetic wrote:
In post 812, Thor665 wrote:Other people finding me scummy does not validate your reasons.

You are just like toxic, a broken record, stating the same thing over and over again like it somehow makes it more true that way. I stated enough reasons to justify my vote. Other people are voting you as well. Talk to them. I'm done responding to you.

Actually, you haven't presented a decent case.
In fact, I'd dare say your case is a case on Toxic (sorta) but you're voting me because I'm vaguely connected to him.
It's the opposite of a good case.
Also, I'm not actually repeating unreasonable or strange requests - I'm just asking you to justify the otherwise clearly scum motivated vote move you did earlier.

And, yeah, you are *still* dodging.
You don't actually have a case on me, it was all self-preservation and smoke and mirrors.
You are scum.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 am

Post by Idiotking »

In post 807, Kinetic wrote:

If its not scummy, why is it something to consider?

"Not necessarily scummy" is not the same as "not scummy." It just means that it does not
have
to be scummy. It's possible that you were just catching up, in which case I could see it being not a scummy thing to do. However, it is also possible that you were just scum trying to hold off so you could vote on a likely wagon. That would be scummy.

Under such circumstances it is best to look at other play, in order to get a better idea of where the motivation came from. Hence why it should be considered.
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 814, Kinetic wrote:You are just like toxic, a broken record, stating the same thing over and over again like it somehow makes it more true that way.

In post 705, Kinetic wrote:Because I'm still catching up. I'm not going to rise to your bait scum.

In post 712, Kinetic wrote:You can bait me all you want, I'll move my sword when I feel like it, not a moment sooner.

In post 718, Kinetic wrote:In your mind? Maybe. But that is not how I play. I'm not going to just strike at you with a sword until I am ready to. I have no idea why you keep trying to bait me to do otherwise.

In post 718, Kinetic wrote:You baiting me is obviously for a reason, and I am not going to rise to it.

In post 718, Kinetic wrote:What does town have to gain by baiting you into voting me? What does anyone have to gain. Generally though, when someone dangles bait in front of my eyes, I'm going to be more cautious, not less.

In post 735, Kinetic wrote:The bait is you KEEP HAMMERING THAT FUCKING POINT.

In post 735, Kinetic wrote:I've given you several VALID reasons why I'm not rising to your bait.

In post 735, Kinetic wrote:But you still keep baiting, and still keep hammering.

In post 762, Kinetic wrote:That is why I'm calling it him baiting.

In post 765, Kinetic wrote:Bait: To entice an action out of someone else. He wanted me to vote. I knew that during the first question. I didn't think he'd harp on it like he has, but it is obvious that even the question itself is a bait.

In post 772, Kinetic wrote:Incorrect. Just because I do not claim to know WHY you are baiting me, doesn't mean my accusation is baseless or illogical. You are baiting me.
kwll
kwll
Goon
kwll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by kwll »

Idiot, I just noticed after your supposed claim of being neighbor town....why did Jacob never verify this?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In post 818, toxictaipan wrote:
In post 814, Kinetic wrote:You are just like toxic, a broken record, stating the same thing over and over again like it somehow makes it more true that way.

In post 705, Kinetic wrote:Because I'm still catching up. I'm not going to rise to your bait scum.

In post 712, Kinetic wrote:You can bait me all you want, I'll move my sword when I feel like it, not a moment sooner.

In post 718, Kinetic wrote:In your mind? Maybe. But that is not how I play. I'm not going to just strike at you with a sword until I am ready to. I have no idea why you keep trying to bait me to do otherwise.

In post 718, Kinetic wrote:You baiting me is obviously for a reason, and I am not going to rise to it.

In post 718, Kinetic wrote:What does town have to gain by baiting you into voting me? What does anyone have to gain. Generally though, when someone dangles bait in front of my eyes, I'm going to be more cautious, not less.

In post 735, Kinetic wrote:The bait is you KEEP HAMMERING THAT FUCKING POINT.

In post 735, Kinetic wrote:I've given you several VALID reasons why I'm not rising to your bait.

In post 735, Kinetic wrote:But you still keep baiting, and still keep hammering.

In post 762, Kinetic wrote:That is why I'm calling it him baiting.

In post 765, Kinetic wrote:Bait: To entice an action out of someone else. He wanted me to vote. I knew that during the first question. I didn't think he'd harp on it like he has, but it is obvious that even the question itself is a bait.

In post 772, Kinetic wrote:Incorrect. Just because I do not claim to know WHY you are baiting me, doesn't mean my accusation is baseless or illogical. You are baiting me.

So, you take 6 posts, all responding to the same questions from you, split it into 10 quotes, because it makes it seem instead I've responded 10 times (when there are several quotes from a single post in there), and try to make it seem like me RESPONDING to you with the same answer to the same question is, what? Inconsistent?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by toxictaipan »

I was actually hinting at how ironic it was when you said me and Thor were, "stating the same thing over and over again like it somehow makes it more true that way."

I split up the posts into separate quotes to highlight how many different times you actually said it. Because you stated the same thing over and over again, like it somehow makes it more true that way.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In post 821, toxictaipan wrote:I was actually hinting at how ironic it was when you said me and Thor were, "stating the same thing over and over again like it somehow makes it more true that way."

I split up the posts into separate quotes to highlight how many different times you actually said it. Because you stated the same thing over and over again, like it somehow makes it more true that way.

If you ask the same question over and over again, and expect an answer each time, well, those answers tend to be the same or similar.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 816, Thor665 wrote:Actually, you haven't presented a decent case.
In fact, I'd dare say your case is a case on Toxic (sorta) but you're voting me because I'm vaguely connected to him.
It's the opposite of a good case.
Also, I'm not actually repeating unreasonable or strange requests - I'm just asking you to justify the otherwise clearly scum motivated vote move you did earlier.

And, yeah, you are *still* dodging.
You don't actually have a case on me, it was all self-preservation and smoke and mirrors.
You are scum.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In post 814, Kinetic wrote:I'm done responding to you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”