Micro 75: Bureaucracy Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:40 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 647, pirate mollie wrote:there is zero town motivation to hang on to it unless you can use it

Just because I can read between the lines here, what do you think is the Scum motivation for holding onto it?
maverick_alpha
maverick_alpha
Goon
maverick_alpha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by maverick_alpha »

Okay, I'm still putting my vote on njoseph's slot due to what happened, but I'm willing to give it another read in case I'm wrong here. Nacho this is your chance to convince me otherwise.

VOTE: nachomamma8
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 650, Maestro wrote:
In post 647, pirate mollie wrote:there is zero town motivation to hang on to it unless you can use it

Just because I can read between the lines here, what do you think is the Scum motivation for holding onto it?

to keep it out of town's hands. cos that paper is going to be useful to somebody.

you are still fishing btw
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by Maestro »

How am I fishing, mollie?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

because it looks like you are trying to find the person to whom it will useful to
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Post by Maestro »

Of course I am. I'd rather find that person, then give it to them so they can use it. I'd rather do that then give it to a random person who may be Scum who'll hold onto it after getting it. That leaves 0% chance of hitting somebody with whom it would be useful for Town.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

except that if you know you cannot use it and you were a possible nk choice why did you not give it away? this is what I am really with maestro.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Maestro »

I already said that I agreed with what Shamrock said earlier: Jake was the obvious NK and I'm glad he gave his paper away.
You admitting that you have it semi-confs you, I'm glad for that as well.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

but I don't think jake was an obvious nk. he is new he drew a bunch of suspicion he was still a good possible lynch candidate. your reaction to nacho looks terrible.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Post by Maestro »

My almost non-existent reaction? Also, I find it interesting you've yet to comment on maverick's reappearance.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

cos I am focusing on you. if you couldn't use the paper you should have sent it to somebody who thought
might
be able to plain and fucking simple. surely you could have picked out at least one town player. even if you were not sure on who could actually use it, it would have been better to circulate since you were a possible nk choice. I don't buy you piggybacking on shamrock's argument that jake was the most obvious nk choice cos he really wasn't. I think njo and I were the only ones who saw his and aj's slapfest as being town on town.

and your reaction was not non-existent "oh god" looked like you panicked.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Maestro »

Hah no, mollie, no no no...my argument with you in 1286 was me getting genuinely upset and/or "panicking". My "reaction" to Nacho replacing in was what it was.
It was a "reaction" based in fun and spawned from the fact that I know how Nacho plays and the foreknowledge that this game should be getting interesting because of that.

I've said why I did what I did, if you would've done differently and you think that's scummy, then vote me. If not? Shush please.
Was my course of action the best of ideas? Nope, sorry 'bout that. Was it the worst thing that's happened in this game so far? Not by a long-shot.

I must say though, you are absolutely terrible at reading me so far...I'm inclined to think you're Town because of that lack-of-being-able-to-read-me thing and because this looks like the almost antagonistic mollie I saw in 1286...no offense. Then again I can't really use Audio Mafia for meta so I can't be sure.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 661, Maestro wrote:Then again I can't really use Audio Mafia for meta so I can't be sure.

This just meaning that I have no viable Scum meta on you. You get zhe Townread from me. Now stop fighting, hon.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 662, Maestro wrote:Now stop fighting, hon.

...and go back to hunting Scum.

Also, Nacho...you gonna come say hi?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hi
i won't be posting here until tomorrow
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

We are running a little (or a lot) low on time. Faster is better, Mr. Macho Nacho.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 661, Maestro wrote:Hah no, mollie, no no no...my argument with you in 1286 was me getting genuinely upset and/or "panicking". My "reaction" to Nacho replacing in was what it was.

your reaction to me in the newb game did not look like you were panicking it looked like you thought that Iwas trolling and responded
to that part
of the game. unless your response to nacho was a cry of ecstasy it looked like you were panicking.

It was a "reaction" based in fun and spawned from the fact that I know how Nacho plays and the foreknowledge that this game should be getting interesting because of that.

well it looks like you were saying earlier in the game that you left the newbie game to die without your help. you seem much more interested in this game and I am wondering if it is a relative tell of yours.

but knowing what is on the papers I do not think that there can possibly be a town motivation for not circulating the papers. your only leeway is that you do not think like I do and that is not necessarily scummy.

I've said why I did what I did, if you would've done differently and you think that's scummy, then vote me. If not? Shush please.

waiting for nacho to post did I not make this clear.

Was my course of action the best of ideas? Nope, sorry 'bout that. Was it the worst thing that's happened in this game so far? Not by a long-shot.

lol

I must say though, you are absolutely terrible at reading me so far...I'm inclined to think you're Town because of that lack-of-being-able-to-read-me thing and because this looks like the almost antagonistic mollie I saw in 1286...no offense. Then again I can't really use Audio Mafia for meta so I can't be sure.

^nice hedge
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 665, Aj The Epic wrote:We are running a little (or a lot) low on time. Faster is better, Mr. Macho Nacho.

^this.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Alright, I'm still catching up, but I think this is a bit important to get out of the way now.

There are a few possibilities for the papers. The first is that they could be investigations; one on town, one on scum. I say this particular distribution because both on scum is balanced far too hard in the town's favor, and while both being on town isn't exactly impossible, it doesn't really intimidate the scum at all, which is boring. Second possibility is that the papers are a red herring, which is possible, but wouldn't really add anything interesting to the game. Third possibility is that the papers trigger something for the targets when the papers get to the right bureaucrat (grants them powers, some shit like that). I don't think these effects will hurt the town since it's obviously sort of hard getting them to the right bureaucrat, and it seems strange to punish a town for doing what they are supposed to go.

Now, I'm a Senior Bureaucrat, and I'm guessing that I have the ability to read one, if not both, of the papers. I'm guessing that there is another Senior Bureaucrat (who should probably claim) who can read the other paper. Don't know whether we have to read a special paper, but w/e, that's the guess for now. If we can have the other one claim for now, we can pass both papers at once. I don't think that scum have an ability stopping town from passing it or they would have used it on Jake as they killed him, so no worries there. If the papers are investigations, we will have at least one confirmed town/scum going into tomorrow. If they grant special powers, someone will have special powers tomorrow. If they are a red herring, then we don't really lose a whole lot and scum might kill me or the other Senior Bureaucrat in fear, which would also be pretty acceptable.

If you would like to go through with this plan, Maestro/mollie should coordinate to see who passes to who. I would prefer the "scummier" player gets the mollie paper over the maestro paper since scum seem more afraid of Jake's. If anyone receives a paper and lives, they should still pass it to someone else randomly for god ol' town double-checking and shit.

As far as alignment shit goes, don't really know shit. Will have an opinion soon hopefully, though.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 666, pirate mollie wrote:my response to nacho was a cry of ecstasy

This.....is actually pretty much true.

Not sure what you mean about "leaving the newbie game to die without [my] help" ...but no: relative investment/interest in a game is obviously not a tell either way for me since I am Town this game (as I was in 1286) and you seem to think I'm more interested here.

you do not think like I do and that is not necessarily scummy.

There ya go then.

waiting for nacho to post did I not make this clear.

lol

Why lol?

^nice hedge

^nice try
I believe I clarified in my next post.

P-Edit: Senior Bureaucrat, eh? Fantastic, nice to have you with us Nacho. Where's the other claim, I wonder...?

I obviously agree that Red Herring is unlikely, but I'm more inclined to say both papers point to Scum just because I believe they add more to the game then just "blank is Town" and "blank is Scum". If your idea about the Seniors being able to read them is correct, Empking would be more than justified in assuming that Town would be arguing over what the papers mean before they got to the Seniors who would actually be able to make sense of them. This would detract from anybody believing ANY information they could hold, and I think that would more than balances them both pointing to Scum. Either way, the argument and suspicion/disbelief concerning the papers' contents is, of course, exactly what has happened, so I'm keeping my long-standing line of thought for now.

mollie, can we stop fighting now and follow Nacho's idea? It's the best thing to come out of that slot by far.
I knew Nacho would be good for this game.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:24 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 8

maverick_alpha (3) - Maestro, Nachomomma8, Robert2424
Nachomomma8 (2) - Aj The Epic, maverick_alpha
Robert2424 (1) - Shamrock

Not voting: pirate mollie
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

unvote

If we don't lynch today, we're still in mylo tomorrow. It is to our benefit to find a lynch, and quickly. What I see as unfortunate is the fact that Maestro, who in this situation, is probably our best lynch, selfishly hung onto the paper.

I'd like to say that you haven't played much better than Njoseph, other than not self-voting. So P_M pressuring you isn't such a bad thing.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:39 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 671, Aj The Epic wrote:I'd like to say that you haven't played much better than Njoseph.

I probably shouldn't be playing because of the shitty mood I'm in right now, but seriously Aj?!
The only response I have to this comment is to say fuck you. That's fucking bullshit and anybody in this fucking game could tell you that.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 671, Aj The Epic wrote:What I see as unfortunate is the fact that Maestro, who in this situation, is probably our best lynch, selfishly hung onto the paper.

Why is that unfortunate for your case if you think I'm the best lynch, you twit?

And you unvote in the same fucking post?! Fence-sit all you want, you shit, but I've explained the logic behind why I kept the paper and why I didn't give it to (for example) you. I'm not defending myself any longer and I'm not rehashing or regretting a thing I've done in this game so far. And incidentally, I'd love to find out if even a single person here agrees that I've played as badly as njoseph.

On another note: grow a pair and vote for who you think is Scum (looks like that'd be me) or shut the fuck up and stop griping about the possibility of No Lynch - which is, coincidentally, not a good thing. As you yourself pointed out. Why point that out and then blast off a post like that where you basically
DO NOTHING BUT SIT THERE ON YOUR FENCE
?!

Because at this moment, you're bullshitting through the nose.

Finally: don't think I haven't forgotten your name is on the other paper. pirate mollie is confirmed, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm more than happy with lynching either you
OR
maverick today, and given Nacho's thinking (which I agree with most out of all of you) there's a damn good chance at least one of the names on the paper is Scum. If my math is correct (7-Town, 2-Scum; as is usual for a Micro), we're still allowed another mislynch. I don't give a flying fuck at this point if one of you is a mislynch, but I'm telling you that
I'M 100% POSITIVE THAT ONE OF YOU WILL NOT BE

Either provide a viable counter-argument or shut the fuck up. Preferably the latter.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:13 am

Post by pirate mollie »

VOTE: maverick alpha

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”