NY 160B - Welcome to Castle Zar - TIME FOR FIREWORKS!

Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 am

Post by Kingmaker »

In post 319, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 316, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 315, ArcAngel9 wrote:This tells me how amateur is your play style. this is no logic to call me Scum.
And you didn't had any right to call me "Null" either so we are even... If you wish to continue to call me scum, Go ahead!!
If you're scum, Town will see your lamest attack. If you're townie. It will be the diaster for town!!

Why react so much to one vote. One vote won't cause a disaster and is likely help instead of hurt.

It was for attitude not vote. there is no proper reason in her voting or accusation. That was total turn off!!!

You basically told me I can't criticize you because you have more posts than me. It is good enough reason for me.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 am

Post by Vi »

Medhi 407 wrote:Partial BoP too in just what he's said so far (such as the amount of time AA being annoying is discussed or not hearing any other scum reads of his).
how much of that do you think is intentional
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:58 am

Post by Zar »

Thread was temporarily locked accidentally
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:28 am

Post by Zar »

All of the castle roses are from the
Bourbon
variety and bloom white. The crimson roses found in the corpses from the bottom of the garden well are of the
Gallica
variety. Lady singersigner was foreign to these lands and her family emblem is a Gallica Rose. No shrubs of such flower grow in the Zar Estate.

Day 1, Votecount 13

Mehdi2277 (7): SnowStorm, Vi, Johhog, roflcopter, Ser Arthur Dayne, Konowa, Empire

Vi (3): DeasVail, ArcAngel9, Mehdi2277
ArcAngel9 (1): Kingmaker
Empire (1): MagnaOfIllusion
Johhog (1): Baby Spice

Not Voting (2):
Tammy, Nobody Special

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline
: Friday, December 21st, 2012 1:00 PM New York Time. (GMT-5) (End of the Mayan Calendar! :eek:)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-12-21 13:00:00)
Last edited by Zar on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

hey what do you know someone called an intent to hammer and mehdi scum still didn't claim
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

So I'm not a double voter Image
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:41 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@MOD – can you fix ArcAngel’s quotes in ? I’m not sure how post 153 of mine is supposed to be involved in that quote.
~Done. ~Zar.

--

Mehdi wrote: I'd have claimed when the one time I did without a hammer intent I got yelled at? Yeah unlikely and I prefer forcing a hammer intent myself.

Link to this please … I don’t think it was me in either of our common games.

--

NS wrote: Vi's whole attitude this game is his townself. It just is.

Meh. I think Vi’s play is dead Null.

--

Ser wrote: I haven't really had any direct games with Vi? (At least, not that I remember). But I'm more like that stalker who stalks people. And when did I say Vi is a "heavy-handed player who rules the town"? I'm stating that the "please vig AA" is the general reaction to AA's posts, but that does not mean it has to be taken by a grain of salt like mehdi took it.

You didn’t say that specifically but your “Vi’s joking” analysis is way off-base. Vi isn’t someone to strong-arm the Town Day 1 regardless of her alignment. The “AA is a great Vig Shot” posts Vi is making read to me as about as strong an push as you will see from Vi and should be taken seriously IMO.

Also you don’t get a gold star as you didn’t read the whole post. Better luck next wall!

Ser wrote: Do you think scum just wobble in the thread and make themselves obv or something?

Well that’s what you are basically saying Mehdi has done with his Johhog interactions. And then you say the following –

Ser wrote: Why is Baby chainsawing harder then Leatherface?

So not only is Mehdi obv-scum in thread but her partner BabySpice is obving it up also. I would think you believe scum do make themselves obv …

--

Snowstorm wrote:
I think it was too early to judge Empire and his vote based on the fact that NS is an easy target. Actually, Johhog using that argument gave me some bad feelings about him. Easy targets can be scum too, so putting a first vote on an easy target isn't being opportunistic.
Also, easy targets are easy for a reason, the mafia don't need to rush into trying to lynch them like that, because they'll get themselves in a possible lynch position sooner or later.
As for Empire's reason, I don't remember thinking it was bad, at least for the beginning of the game when we were just getting started.

Frankly it is never too early to judge a player’s posts in a game. Scum can and do get caught on page 1. I can link you some examples if you are interested.

The bolded to me tells me you don’t get the crux of why going after easy targets is considered a scum-tell. It doesn’t have to do with the timing of votes or pushing for a quick-lynch. It is based on the premise that scum don’t want to attack higher difficulty targets if they can avoid it. And going after easy (or softer if you prefer that term) targets like NS can be indicative of that sort of mentality. And as much as Marketplace is being thrown around here you can look at Storm of Swords as an example of Scum Magna being cognizant of this and going after Twilight Sparkle (a hydra of three experienced players) strongly in part to get not be viewed as attacking easy targets (and partly because it was fun to torment Mina).

Now I don’t necessarily think that is the best case against Empire (personally I think the ArcAngel Town overkill read is much more likely good evidence of scum motivation) but it isn’t something that should just be overlooked because it came early on.

--

Empire wrote: Think that's playstyle more than anything, dude. There are plenty of players who justify reads on the basis of gut/intuition and any time someone refers to a post/player as "awkward", "detached", "disengaged", etc. is certainly commenting on their tone. Surely any time someone refers to something being "genuine" or "ungenuine" is commenting on that player's tone. Don't really see how that's alignment indicative at all.

Maybe. I frankly don’t know you from Adam. Regfan (who you claimed to be a quasi-carbon copy of) does not, in my experience deal, in fluffery so that’s the standpoint I judged your posts by.

For the record – I never give one iota of credibility to any argument I see where someone says “Players X isn’t genuine / is awkward” etc as stated I find those fluffy arguments that aren’t alignment driven. If I had a dime for every time I saw that sort of stuff aimed right at Town I’d be retired very, very early.

Empire wrote: You misunderstood me. I never meant to say that I knew Vi face-to-face (does anyone?) but rather that he's one of the few people I talk to outside the game via the Internet. Hell, when the game was up in sign-ups we talked about how excited I was that he joined.

No I got what you meant. Skype / Messenger / Face to Face are synonomous in my mind as far as “knowing someone in real life”.

Empire wrote: 1. Mostly extrapolating from Konowa's FoS here and at least half of Tammy's mind being rubbed the wrong way here.

Hmm. I don’t really see either of those as very strongly saying “AA is scum” personally.

Empire wrote: MoI and Johhog, since you guys were both town this game, please let me know if there's anything wrong with this reasoning.

Frankly I’d have to really review to see if I agreed. I replaced in late Day 1, helped push through the Fujiko scum lynch quickly and NS was dead by morning. Other than properly linking Umbrage to NS via his posting I didn’t really read NS much at all. Then I died Night 2. So I don’t have a strong remembrance of his play.

--

Tammy wrote: MoI - I haven't seen enough to be able to get a read on him, and wanting to see more contribution from him is one reason I didn't want the day to end right now.

Aside from me not SAD / Mehdi style spamming the thread do my posts not have enough content for you to make any sort of alignment judgement?
Last edited by Zar on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:57 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 476, Kingmaker wrote:
In post 319, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 316, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 315, ArcAngel9 wrote:This tells me how amateur is your play style. this is no logic to call me Scum.
And you didn't had any right to call me "Null" either so we are even... If you wish to continue to call me scum, Go ahead!!
If you're scum, Town will see your lamest attack. If you're townie. It will be the diaster for town!!

Why react so much to one vote. One vote won't cause a disaster and is likely help instead of hurt.

It was for attitude not vote. there is no proper reason in her voting or accusation. That was total turn off!!!

You basically told me I can't criticize you because you have more posts than me. It is good enough reason for me.

If i am not wrong that post is after you said that my posts were being "Null" when yourself who haven't posted much.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 482, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@MOD – can you fix ArcAngel’s quotes in ? I’m not sure how post 153 of mine is supposed to be involved in that quote.

My repose quote was for your post not for SS, I dont know how to fix that :(
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:31 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 484, ArcAngel9 wrote:My repose quote was for your post not for SS, I dont know how to fix that

Actually you were responding to a point Snowstorm made not me (in ) as far as I could tell.

What post of mine were you meaning to respond to?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 485, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 484, ArcAngel9 wrote:My repose quote was for your post not for SS, I dont know how to fix that

Actually you were responding to a point Snowstorm made not me (in ) as far as I could tell.

What post of mine were you meaning to respond to?

you're right, Am sorry I was responding to SS post. :idea:
And still don't know how to fix that :( Pls bear my ignorance. :oops:

Mod, Can you help us on this :) Appreciate your help!! :)
~ Done. ~Zar.
Last edited by Zar on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 355, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Why is Baby chainsawing harder then Leatherface?

Since when is defending town from poor and scummy attacks chainsawing?
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 am

In post 487, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 355, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Why is Baby chainsawing harder then Leatherface?

Since when is defending town from poor and scummy attacks chainsawing?

Interesting...

And why are you so confident Mehdi is town?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 488, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Interesting...

Because almost all that votes on him are so bad/scummy that he has to be. That because he posts so much, on and about so many people, and with his questioning style that he's making himself an easy target.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:26 am

Okay,

what if he were to flip scum?

Where would you go from there?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 489, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 488, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Interesting...

Because almost all that votes on him are so bad/scummy that he has to be. That because he posts so much, on and about so many people, and with his questioning style that he's making himself an easy target.

I have the same feeling, there are others out there who just been running around and just voting with out reasoning out properly.
How does it make Mehdi more scummy than others?

Note: the other I was talking about is Vi
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

And king maker!!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 am

Post by DeasVail »

MoI, why does it matter so much that you were quoted?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:16 am

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 490, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Okay,

what if he were to flip scum?

Where would you go from there?

two second answer, Johog would still be scum and Emp would shift to a good town read for actually bothering to do good meta research. Actually, that would stay the same regardless since with a Medhi town flip Empire would have at least tried.

Longer answer, I'm going to have to think some more. Specifically about the Empire wagon. I've had a thing lately about the first wagon of D1.

Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:20 am

Post by Johhog »

Baby Spice is not looking good. Neither is Kingmaker. Empire is looking townier. And I'm getting this terrible feeling that ArcAngel is unreadable.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 482, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Link to this please … I don’t think it was me in either of our common games.

In post 274, Majiffy wrote:Why did you claim before someone stated intent to hammer? Ugh you fucking twit.

Can you explain the AA feeling joh (or the spice feeling assuming it's not the fact she'd defending me)?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:54 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 481, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:So I'm not a double voter Image

And what was the intent of that then since I don't think I'd ever have fully believed it (plus I prefer to act town after being really hammered for fun as scum)?

rofl if you're referring to NS's hammer intent for if I'm not lynched sure I'm vanilla.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 am

In post 496, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 482, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Link to this please … I don’t think it was me in either of our common games.

In post 274, Majiffy wrote:Why did you claim before someone stated intent to hammer? Ugh you fucking twit.

Yea but that was majiffy.

In a newbie game.

Where everyone lives in a perfect bubble.

And it was majiffy.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 am

In post 497, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 481, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:So I'm not a double voter Image

And what was the intent of that then since I don't think I'd ever have fully believed it (plus I prefer to act town after being really hammered for fun as scum)?

I was obv trying to test if I'm a hidden double voter or not?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:00 am

In post 497, Mehdi2277 wrote:rofl if you're referring to NS's hammer intent for if I'm not lynched sure I'm vanilla.
Lynch ahoy.

(It took like 3 days of dancing for you to claim VT ._.)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”