Gay Mafia II: RIDE THE LIGHTNING (Game Over)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by Ythan »

Oh good it never ends.
Zoidberg
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Post by Zoidberg »

Reading back, I could see BT and especially Quillford as potential Thunderhog buddies.

I think the way ThunderHog kinda cowered when Iec demanded he lay down a vote speaks to Iecerint being town, or at least not on the same team as TH.
Zoidberg
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Post by Zoidberg »

In post 1812, One Direction wrote:zor!town

Does this mean "zor not town"?
Kawaii
Kawaii
Goon
Kawaii
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Post by Kawaii »

In post 1799, Quilford wrote:So guys.

Who else is scum?

DW, Iece. Ez pz, maybe zor too but let's cut the snake head off. Iece should go next. I'm more sure about DW and Iece with their fuzzy "what vote TH for? hmmm may join so you see me on the wagon postflip VCA and all"

Hog's complaints about the hydras... I STILL say all hydras are town. Drench made slightly less whiny remarks, but same boat. I'm looking at Drench last. I think Iece was complaining too.

Anyone in the hydra QT may remember this: Iece said Thunderhog was scummy in his catchup. Afterwards, there was no other mention until the wagon built up and "why are we voting TH, I may get on @ deadline?"
Kawaii
Kawaii
Goon
Kawaii
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Post by Kawaii »

Oh ye... my precious BT.... ''PEOPLES THOUGHTS ON KAWAII PLOS ''

THE FUCK FOR?
Kawaii
Kawaii
Goon
Kawaii
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Post by Kawaii »

He hopped off Hog to vote me, leaving TH at 3 votes. He says he was secondguessing himself and TH's post could be newbtown.

VIg food maybe.
Kawaii
Kawaii
Goon
Kawaii
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Post by Kawaii »

In post 1695, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1677, ThunderHog wrote:I'm sorry, who are you? Since you actually used the term 'our', I'm going to assume that you're one of the hydra heads of Iec - if I'm wrong correct me.

I am not a hydra. Katsuki is half of Kawaii. The hydras are SPB, Kawaii, OD, Wyrd, and Pretentioushydra.

Oh i love this. Pretend like you don't know who Iece is, genius.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Post by vollkan »

In post 1769, Iecerint wrote:Looking over TH, the main new stuff I see is that his posts are very defensive and can have a tone that doesn't seem very town-oriented (mocking Gamma as a "seeker o' scum" in 1610 is a big one). I can see that, but I also think a handful of what he's down is kinda newbtownie. For example, I don't see the scum motivations in his votes for Wyrd or Gamma. I guess it could just be bad scum play.

I'd be OK with Thunderhog at deadline if need be. I don't think he'd be a very tragic mislynch as the WCS. Still, but I'd prefer a hydralynch. I think we have a decent shot of hitting scum from any of those three. It's more high risk/reward, but I think it's worth it given what transpired, and Faraday's "wouldn't do that as scum" stuff doesn't convince me (e.g., as it ignores why he'd do it as town).

The case against TH was not "tone" based. His "tone" certainly wasn't a towntell, but it also was far from the only scumtell committed by him.

In post 1800, Quilford wrote:I feel like there are gonna be a few scum bussing ThunderHog, that was a nice easy wagon imo

In a game this size, it isn't even necessarily bussing so much as just it can just be multiple scumgroups picking on low-hanging fruit (by the end of it, TH was obvnewbscum). What particularly surprised me was that the wagon basically had a hockey-stick pattern (in that it rapidly accelerated in size).
Fe
Fe
Townie
Fe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Post by Fe »

First off, the style of nachos hammer does seem like something xreck would but in.
Secondly, can hydras win scummies?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

In post 1833, Fe wrote:First off, the style of nachos hammer does seem like something xreck would but in.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
One Direction
One Direction
Goon
One Direction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 am

Post by One Direction »

In post 1827, Zoidberg wrote:
In post 1812, One Direction wrote:zor!town

Does this mean "zor not town"?

No it means zor!town? Zor as town. I went on to compare it to his scum play.
One Direction
One Direction
Goon
One Direction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 am

Post by One Direction »

In post 1833, Fe wrote:First off, the style of nachos hammer does seem like something xreck would but in.

yes
yes

why?
One Direction
One Direction
Goon
One Direction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:28 am

Post by One Direction »

In post 1832, vollkan wrote:

In a game this size, it isn't even necessarily bussing so much as just it can just be multiple scumgroups picking on low-hanging fruit (by the end of it, TH was obvnewbscum). What particularly surprised me was that the wagon basically had a hockey-stick pattern (in that it rapidly accelerated in size).

given the flip and the lack of a mafia name modifier it seems like one main scum group
One Direction
One Direction
Goon
One Direction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:29 am

Post by One Direction »

In post 1831, Kawaii wrote:
In post 1695, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1677, ThunderHog wrote:I'm sorry, who are you? Since you actually used the term 'our', I'm going to assume that you're one of the hydra heads of Iec - if I'm wrong correct me.

I am not a hydra. Katsuki is half of Kawaii. The hydras are SPB, Kawaii, OD, Wyrd, and Pretentioushydra.

Oh i love this. Pretend like you don't know who Iece is, genius.

or it's legit not knowing?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:48 am

Post by JacobSavage »

There was no reason. Possibly sparked by TH suggesting that Iec was a hydra
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 1828, Kawaii wrote:DW, Iece. Ez pz, maybe zor too but let's cut the snake head off. Iece should go next. I'm more sure about DW and Iece with their fuzzy "what vote TH for? hmmm may join so you see me on the wagon postflip VCA and all"

I asked what the case was, wasn't persuaded by it, and didn't move my vote. How does that translate into wanting to be on the wagon for postflip VCA?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:15 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I do find icerink's "i dont know about TH but I'd lynch him at deadline" statement to be fairly incriminating though.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:24 am

Post by Gammagooey »

nooooo you guys.

Iec is the guy that asked thunderhog to vote someone, which led to him revoting PROBABLY because he wanted to the person who asked him to leave him alone about it.
Kawaii the derr he's faking thinking it's a hydra is just as dumb as fate saying chess was scum because he got a link to the hydra qt. (pretty dumm)

also saying that you only want to vote a hydra today even though there are clearly scummy people everywhere else is probably not coming from scum.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 1818, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 1812, One Direction wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4555995 overjustification of a vote. will get empire to meta check zoraster on this. feels weird based on zor!town I've known who seems a bit lazier than his scum self

Zor was pretty obviously responding to my question about TH.

It actually wasn't a response this time. At least not a direct one. I just laid out what I saw. Obviously my "overexplaining" was a good idea because at least one person voted based on the reasoning.
Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:13 am

Post by Wyrd »

LOL Reck is just TRYING to break records now

I think its pretty clear DGB needs a bullet in the head. No letting her weasel her way out of that BLATANT attempt to deflect the TH wagon

And don't come in here trying to make up for lost time Zor

Nuwen will prob have some VCA before the end of night while were on roadtripz or whatever
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:16 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In what sense did DGB try to deflect the TH wagon? You mean calling gooey's vote a shitvote?

Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:29 am

Post by Wyrd »

^5 gamma.

it's our anniversary tonight and I'm at work until 5 est, but:

Zoraster
looks like he wasn't sure whether to commit to the bus for awhile. Original vote for Thunderhog is pretty insubstantial and reads as something that was going to be replaced by a stronger 'read' later, whenever an alternate wagon presented itself. Buuuut... no alternate wagon really evolved, except residual votes on Wyrd. Zor probably didn't have enough IRL time to throw buddy a bone and just re-bussed instead of trying to unnaturally introduce a different wagon after a stretch of CATCHUP™.

DGB kinda disappeared after maintaining that TH is town w/ no alternate wagon panning out. I think DGB does tend to throw lifelines to scumbuddies, especially early, because her zany antics can deflect a lot of heat and divert attention.

Aaaaaand my favorite:

In post 1682, TheTrollie wrote:i like the thunderhog wagon much better

VOTE: thunderhog

In post 1773, TheTrollie wrote:
V/LA until Dec 30th

going on vacation, should be able to post but probably infrequently

This vote park isn't pro-town. It comes out of NOWHERE and is accompanied by a very, very long V/LA (combine with pretty shoddy reads re: DGB). To me, this could mean "well none of my other buddies are bussing atm so I think it'll be hard to finalize this lynch even if I make my vote visible here." Sorta fits with the tail-end speed of the wagon if you think about it; the rest of the scumteam would be like "Trollie is AFK, TH is just fucked up a creek.... WHAT DO."
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:48 am

Post by BT »

I'm actually thinking it's Quilford. Looking back he was really forgettable today and the fact that he quick jumped on my "wait this might be newbtown" notion as easy as this (while doing nothing else) is bonus points.

Also unless I'm reading his ISO wrong that's the first time he addressed thunderhog.

In post 1829, Kawaii wrote:Oh ye... my precious BT.... ''PEOPLES THOUGHTS ON KAWAII PLOS ''

THE FUCK FOR?

I posted a case. I remembered some vague interest in your wagon. So I wondered why one wasn't happening.

Gamma's point on Iec is completely right and he's not thog's buddy.

I said I was going to read stuff on Friday now with assignments out of the way and it looks like nighttalk is coming to the rescue.
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:52 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

So I've read most of day one and this sheet of paper in front of me says we need to kill DGB and jacobsavage.

Now to wade through TH's iso...
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:30 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

Well that was pretty useless. BT might be a buddy. That's all I got from that mess.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”