Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5300 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

:roll:
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5301 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Post by Titan »

Actually, I have no idea. You're one of the people who are rather null to me, and I need to iso you and see if you make sense with either team.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5302 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Can you answer the same question for me?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5303 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Post by Titan »

If you're scum mehdi, I'd say you're an sk. The number of bp claims is a bit eh, but so far your play doesn't make sense for scum although I know there's not a whole lot of difference in your scum/town play. However, your approach to the Mae situation reads really genuine as I don't necessarily buy into the fake claim and hoping Mae would go along with it idea as that is just too sloppy and you're still not wanting to shoot her.

I'd say your most likely town, but your claim does make it dangerous to leave you alive until lylo...as does Phil's. Some things don't add up completely to me, but I don't know if that's me misremembering something especially with all the info collected today. I do think that I'd rather lynch maenara first out of the two of you though because even if you are an sk, you seem to have towns interests in mind and if you aren't and you are a VIG then it's even better.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5304 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Votecount 4.4

DrippingGoofball (5): Bumi, mehdi2277, Quilford, Vifam, Alduskkel
mehdi2277 (5): DrippingGoofball, Sunshine and Rainbows, Maenara, Titan, BroodKingEXE
Alduskkel (1): BT
Sanjay (0):
Nachomamma8 (0):
BroodKingEXE (0):
Zdenek (0):
Vifam (0):
Phillammon (0):
Maenara (0):
AurorusVox (0):
Sunshine and Rainbows (0):
Quilford (0):
DeasVail(0):
buldermar (0):
ActionDan (0):
Titan (0):
Bumi (0):
DeltaWave (0):
Shinori (0):
BT (0):

Not Voting (10): ActionDan, DeltaWave, Zdenek, DeasVail, Phillammon, AurorusVox, Nachomamma8, Shinori, buldermar, Sanjay

11 to lynch.

Deadline is January 11th.

Prodding Shinori
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5305 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

The only way to make differences meta wise is if I played differently on purpose and then that just basically be claiming scum/town. Phil's claim manner is really the main thing I like (and the thought he put in inferring all of that) with him. Ald while some of you might complain on his flavor hunting he's definitely trying when it comes to understanding flavor and explaining it in thread when it could just be said in a mafia qt. I'm more willing to go on sanjay with how everything has gone and he makes a decent vig kill now (assuming dgb is lynched). Dan I remember you saying you wanted my kill directed? Do you want it completely directed or by pools like before of a few people?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5306 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Post by Titan »

I'm not saying you should play differently, it just makes it a bit harder to read you or trust a town read. I mean, I'm sure with more experience playing with you I'll be able to notice differences as most people have them naturally. I just mean that the things that I would say you wouldn't have reason/inclination to do as scum can't be completely relied upon because I know you're capable of doing it as scum.

And having the kill directed is one reason I'm in favor of not lynching mehdi right now. If we take out the scum teams and the games still going, then revisit, otherwise direct for now.

And yes, I understand the policy reason for lynching, but there is a benefit to leaving him alive.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5307 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

And tammy I'll assume you and arthur will argue over me later considering how the vote is going? Kind of wish you two used a qt, but you're likely using something else.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5308 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 5216, Mehdi2277 wrote:That can be proven false by a night with 3 kills so wait one night and that is now false.
This is only true assuming that you don't have an additional kill as scum.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5309 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

That's been dealt with before. Even assuming all prs besides me are town good luck balancing a scum vig (and only limited scum vig is anywhere worth arguing so 3 nights with kills assuming no one scum team is wiped out and if you can still say that well explain balance to me).
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5310 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 5224, Titan wrote:Hey look me too bed time buddies!

(Is there such a thing?)
Don't complain about me making "I'm going to bed" posts when you're doing it yourself. Kthx.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5311 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 5228, Mehdi2277 wrote:Cult theory is I'm town and mae was town that became cult if I understood it right.
This is correct, but I don't think there can be any cult in this game.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5312 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 5237, Mehdi2277 wrote:I got my role pm response just now. The pm was mostly right just it wasn't supposed to give any role name for mae (makes even less sense flavor wise then before but meh).

P-edit: How do you confirm a BP beyond watching scum to me when the other vig is dead? Av showing up would help with this role mess.
Wait, what? So they made a mistake in naming the role name of Maenara as in it was named incorrectly in your role PM?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5313 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Actually we have all the claims now so looking at balance is a good start. Assuming all town pr claims are true (and out of the likely 4 mafia left I expect them to be mainly vanilla claiming) power wise we have this:

10 Vanillas + Hat Giver + BP Vig with clear + Odd Night Watcher + Cop + Super Jailer (really just alien) + Untargetable/1 shot double protect after getting ring + Ring Seeker + Doc + BP + Miller + Joat vs Joat + Redirector/1 shot Global RB + ??? + ??? vs Goon + Role Cop + ??? + ???

I'd guess the last two scum roles on the green side consist of one weak/medium pr and one goon while black has some more useful prs to balance out scum team power. Now that's written somewhat easier to look at someone who actually understands balance for a game this size beyond scum vig doesn't work well can look at it.

P-edit: No mae's role name wasn't supposed to be a part of the pm at all and my correct role pm was just that part taken out.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5314 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 5239, Mehdi2277 wrote:Arthur how many times do I have to say this. Wait one night. Count the number of night kills. If you count 3 then you know that me being a vig is true.
There may be only two night kills even if you are a vig and succesfully kill. All it takes is an overlap.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5315 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 5240, Titan wrote:
In post 5237, Mehdi2277 wrote:I got my role pm response just now. The pm was mostly right just it wasn't supposed to give any role name for mae (makes even less sense flavor wise then before but meh)..

Okay so eithwr gorrad / quadz make a public announcment saying they fucked up or you're eating rope.
Good idea. This works methink.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5316 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 5307, Mehdi2277 wrote:And tammy I'll assume you and arthur will argue over me later considering how the vote is going? Kind of wish you two used a qt, but you're likely using something else.

We use aim. We have a qt but it hasn't been used since our faranex disagreement, which was held mostly over aim anyway after I questioned his meta information :shame:

Also, mehdi makes a point on balance. I don't see him on a scum team. If he's scum, it's most likely sk.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5317 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 5243, Mehdi2277 wrote:P-edit: I was told that shouldn't have been there and nothing else. Mae being confirmed town to me wasn't said to be wrong so that's still true.
You're dead if they don't publicly verify that there has been at least one error in role PM.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5318 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Oh I missed a role on that list. Add in the other vig for the town side.

P-edit: Questions were asked and responded to so just keep on reading. Anyways I think considering my kill will likely be pretty directed now unless scum wants to not kill someone there won't be overlap as much (or green/black both shoot the same guy but I don't think that's likely).
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5319 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 5246, Titan wrote:Is there an easy way to make rhat rainbow coloring or do you actually have to color each letter?
Please no. Having one person doing that retarded shit is more than enough.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5320 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 5248, Sunshine and Rainbows wrote:
In post 5246, Titan wrote:Is there an easy way to make rhat rainbow coloring or do you actually have to color each letter?

http://www.umop.net/sfx.htm

pick bbcode as output format
Ohgodwhy
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5321 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Post by Titan »

Also, does anyone think the scum teams have a bit of symmetry? Like if one team had a joat, would we expect a joat on the other or does it make sense that a town joat would balance a scum joat. They would have to have as good of roles though.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I doubt it. Since if yes it'd be joat + redirector type role + role cop + goon. I except power levels to be the same so a goon on green side and a weaker pr is what I'd guess while black having two stronger prs (I can see symmetry like give black a bus driver since redirection and bus driving work similarly). Don't think we have a role blocker when no one has claimed role blocked with all the pr claims.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

If I had to guess specifically something like tracker or watcher for green (to find prs similar to the role cop on black) + goon and black have something of that joat's power (which joat power variates a lot) + some other power role. Bus driving shenanigans thinking on it likely would have occurred and be mentioned by now. Not really sure what to put for a counter part.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Post by Titan »

Eh, I'm town reading bumi anyway and was town reading his predecessor anyway.

Still think AV could be scum. We haven't had anyone else who had restrictions like odd/evens

Also, I jut realized pandorica was a redirector/1 shot global roleblocker and that was what brood assumed zdenek had done. Don't know if that means something.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”