njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by njoseph »

Sounds logical enough. But is it too heuristical? Maybe not. Scum want to see what wagon there is that eventually grows.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by Jal »

I saw it announced in Replacements that Sora is being replaced, actually.

If you think Thez is more likely to be scum, which I argue, then you should be voting him for it, as (in your mind) it would be less likely you'd be lynching a townie. I can understand the mentality that scum may be playing their votes last minute on a scum teammate, but if that is the case, why wouldn't you just vote the scum teammate being ran up?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by Jal »

Wait, I'm not reading that right. You believe Thez is most likely to be scum but due to the fact that the first lynch is most likely to be town you think he's townie?
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by jeck »

Jal wrote:Wait, I'm not reading that right. You believe Thez is most likely to be scum but due to the fact that the first lynch is most likely to be town you think he's townie?

more likely townie based on probability.

Jal wrote:why wouldn't you just vote the scum teammate being ran up?

I don't understand that. Care to eloborate?

I've asked abouts opinions about my theory, you guys have more experience than me so I could be wrong in my assumptions. and I can change my vote if you can convince me that it's wrong.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

This guy obviously has no more experience than Roger.

Logical, well thought out posts may help you. Make sure your own logic doesn't cross your legs like a pretzel.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by Jal »

If you believe Thez is scum, then it's better to vote for him than some people getting on the bandwagon late who might be busing him. This was under the assumption thought thought Thez is scum.

The problem with your theory is, it can be said about any one person. We run up any slot and the same argument can be applied. Where do we draw the line at that point?
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by jeck »

Jal wrote:If you believe Thez is scum, then it's better to vote for him than some people getting on the bandwagon late who might be busing him. This was under the assumption thought thought Thez is scum.

The problem with your theory is, it can be said about any one person. We run up any slot and the same argument can be applied. Where do we draw the line at that point?

Hmm.. Well thats true. Whats your read on Thez btw?

Unvote: SoraAdvent
Vote: Thez
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by Jal »

I think he's town. Reasoning here: post 364. Why do'ya think he's scum?

Also, how far are you through the thread?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by njoseph »

I liked the part about scum's being on a wagon later. Is KillerApple on the thezmon wagon?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by njoseph »

Hmm, KillerApple is on an ArcAngel wagon, and on that wagon earlier :/
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Tazaro »

I mean, he's an earlier vote on ArcAngel. In fact, the earliest, but I like ArcAngel.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by njoseph »

In post 460, Tazaro wrote:I mean, he's an earlier vote on ArcAngel. In fact, the earliest, but I like ArcAngel.

That was posted by me.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Hey Nj, both of your avis are pulling the same face....

Also Jal I am a driver, I have a car . Although not knowing much about cars I do t know how relevant it is to my role.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by njoseph »

In post 462, JacobSavage wrote:Hey Nj, both of your avis are pulling the same face....

I don't think they were meant to be purposefully similar. O how the universe works.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

ArcAngel9 (2): KillerApple, thezmon221
JacobSavage (1): Jal
KillerApple (2): nhammen, njoseph
njoseph (1): Aj The Epic
Roger Thornhill (1): Idiotking
SoraAdvent (2): Bumi
The Mini-Librarian (1): Robert2424
thezmon221 (10): The Mini-Librarian, BirdAndBeast, Parama, ArcAngel9, SoraAdvent, Baby Spice, Ztife, JohnnyFarrar, Albus Dumbledore, jeck
No Lynch (1): Darthe
Not voting (5): DayVigilante, killerjester, PMysterious, Sixx, JacobSavage

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.

In post 445, JacobSavage wrote:Also happy birthday Mod and Jeck.

Thanks, but when the cake shows up next to a player's signup date rather than the player's username, that means it's his or her scumday. Jeck's birthday is not today.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by jeck »

In post 457, Jal wrote:I think he's town. Reasoning here: post 364. Why do'ya think he's scum?

Also, how far are you through the thread?

I've read the whole thread, but im still having a hangover so I will go through it more thoroughly tomorrow.

I think it might be a good strategy to get someone lynched D1 for information. And I have no other suspects than him so im gonna jump on the wagon with the rest.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 430, Jal wrote:
In post 421, ArcAngel9 wrote:My Initial vote on you just an RVS, I was open to change my vote if there were any good reasons instead your behaviour gotten worse and now you're acting beyond worse.

A vote for Thez (or anyone) on page 8 is
not
RVS in any shape or form.

Exactly, i don't want it to look like it as RVS vote, i want to project it as more serious vote and see how many scum would pick that up and how thez will handle it. But, Thez failed in his own way, neither i have got any clue from his vote or he proven to be consider as town.

In post 431, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 419, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 416, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 414, njoseph wrote:I am not moved by so-far-stuff to unvote thez. Let's get to deadline. If thez still has the most votes, see people jump on him.

So you plan on being unproductive for the rest of the day, and hoping to skim through without contributing?

More votes on Njoseph, please. Scum found. He obviously doesn't want to contribute, and his posts basically say that. Let's get to the deadline? Vote off thez, jump on his wagon? Even as others are reconsidering. Please, let's lynch this one.

If you think he is Scum, why did't change your VOTE yet?
and why exactly you're working through Thez defense? thez seems to be pretty good to handling himself on his own way...

Skimming a bit, I see. I voted for Njoseph a while ago. As for defending Thez, no, syrup to flies is the same as Thez's wagon is for scum. And Njospeh is one of the scum, he's not playing his town meta at all. And he is really giving bad answers to one vote. I told you he cracked under pressure, but he's not able to say much positive after any attention has been put on him at all.

Sorry about that, i overlooked your change of vote. I mean it.
so your point about njospeh vote is that you know his play style as townie and he is now acting strange which makes him scum, correct?

In post 435, StrangerCoug wrote:
jeck replaces theomoaner.

In post 427, ArcAngel9 wrote:
Oh, Happy Birthday StrangerCopg! Have a nice time :)

In post 428, Sixx wrote:Happy birthday StrangerCoug :)

Thank you!

Edit:
Forgot to mention that KillerApple has asked for replacement, too. I know, things happen.

Its a large game, i expected that there would replacement but too bad that many are not participating as much as i expected. i think it may be becuz of Christmas and holidays but the game has been fun so far. you have been managing so well :)
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by nhammen »

In post 381, BirdAndBeast wrote:Eh, thez could be town. On the supporting side, multiple players vouching for thez equals either an entire scumteam trying desperately to keep a scum player alive, or as them actually being right. :P
Or town being on his wagon initially, but second guessing into the wrong decision. Not that I think that's what is going on (or I would have my vote back on him), but it is another possibility.

In post 387, njoseph wrote:I received a test vote.
Figure me out, bros.
Took me a moment to realize what you were talking about here. This seems kinda scummy, but I think I'm reading more into it than I should. It seems like you are challenging AJ, saying he wont be able to get a read.

In post 396, njoseph wrote:
In post 395, Jal wrote:
In post 390, njoseph wrote:With such a big game, can I take it easy Day One? Is that okay, thezmon?

No.

Do you think Thez is truly scum or are you mainly on his bandwagon to get information from a lynch?

My middle name, Information, honey. :wink:
So you want to generate information on other players, but behave in a way that does not allow anybody to get any information on you? Doesn't sound like information actually is your middle name.

In post 400, thezmon221 wrote:So you're saying you fully know, 100%, without a doubt, what my alignment is? Because to me it just looks like you are lynch-hungry.
Wait wait wait. I get that you misunderstood njoseph's post, but that just makes this weirder. I don't see how a townie could possibly ask that question to someone that is voting him. What answer could you imagine him giving and what response would you have?

In post 405, njoseph wrote:How about this paradigm? Unvoting from you coupled with the assumption that you get investigated by a presumably existing investigative role?
Ummm... this doesn't fly. Directing the cop. Implying that a lynch isn't needed if you can exchange it for a cop investigation. No no no.

In post 441, njoseph wrote:Okay, I think someone who is more likely to be scum is
VOTE: KillerApple
. I agree with BirdandBeast's thought on this one.
What thought?

In post 450, njoseph wrote:Sounds logical enough. But is it too heuristical? Maybe not. Scum want to see what wagon there is that eventually grows.
Which post are you referring to here?

In post 458, njoseph wrote:I liked the part about scum's being on a wagon later. Is KillerApple on the thezmon wagon?
Hmmm... "Can i make evidence for why the person my vote is on is scum" after placing his vote. I can see this coming from scum or a tunneling townie, but nj doesn't seem to be tunneling. But would scum be so... transparent? Hmmm...
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

That's so confusing.... You can tell I've not payed much attention...
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 453, jeck wrote:I've asked abouts opinions about my theory, you guys have more experience than me so I could be wrong in my assumptions. and I can change my vote if you can convince me that it's wrong.
If you're considering whether someone is townie or not in any case, it's always more probable that they are town unless you're multi-balling in endgame or have a TON of Third-Party. Thus, that means that the relevance of my chances of being town/scum based on a random dart is nonexistent.

However, I don't understand where your theory plays into putting a vote on me?

ArcAngel9 wrote:Exactly, i don't want it to look like it as RVS vote, i want to project it as more serious vote and see how many scum would pick that up and how thez will handle it. But, Thez failed in his own way, neither i have got any clue from his vote or he proven to be consider as town.
I understand what you're getting at here, but call me crazy, but I have a hard time believing this.

nhammen wrote:
In post 400, thezmon221 wrote:So you're saying you fully know, 100%, without a doubt, what my alignment is? Because to me it just looks like you are lynch-hungry.
Wait wait wait. I get that you misunderstood njoseph's post, but that just makes this weirder. I don't see how a townie could possibly ask that question to someone that is voting him. What answer could you imagine him giving and what response would you have?
I was expecting him to answer no, but I was also looking to see if he would answer me in a way that would have given me viable information since I have yielded little to no information on him, and his posts are slowly driving me to want to change my vote to him.

JacobSavage wrote:That's so confusing.... You can tell I've not payed much attention...
There's an easy fix for your confusion.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by njoseph »

In post 467, nhammen wrote:

In post 396, njoseph wrote:
In post 395, Jal wrote:
In post 390, njoseph wrote:With such a big game, can I take it easy Day One? Is that okay, thezmon?

No.

Do you think Thez is truly scum or are you mainly on his bandwagon to get information from a lynch?

My middle name, Information, honey. :wink:
So you want to generate information on other players, but behave in a way that does not allow anybody to get any information on you? Doesn't sound like information actually is your middle name.
Think of it as black hole strategy
My looking out of people is directed outward, outward from the great mysterious event horizon.
But their eyes are not directed inward at an invisible me.

In post 441, njoseph wrote:Okay, I think someone who is more likely to be scum is
VOTE: KillerApple
. I agree with BirdandBeast's thought on this one.
What thought?
Okay, I misremembered BirdAndBeast as having said something about KillerApple that actually wasn't said

In post 450, njoseph wrote:Sounds logical enough. But is it too heuristical? Maybe not. Scum want to see what wagon there is that eventually grows.
Which post are you referring to here?
The post that I called logical ENOUGH was the newcomer's first post; the newcomer who talked about thez being most likely scum out of everybody but most likely townie in theory
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 470, njoseph wrote:
In post 467, nhammen wrote:So you want to generate information on other players, but behave in a way that does not allow anybody to get any information on you? Doesn't sound like information actually is your middle name.
Think of it as black hole strategy
My looking out of people is directed outward, outward from the great mysterious event horizon.
But their eyes are not directed inward at an invisible me.
Well, you're about as valuable as dirt then if you're going to act like that.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4576376#p4576376]post 472[/url], KillerApple wrote:Busy with the holidays, so before I get replaced.. UNVOTE: ArcAngel
Getting more of a town read recently so just thought I'd make this one last post.

what a consider choice KA, just kidding!!
but i don't want to hear reasons for suspecting me other than vote wagon thing.
And this post of yours makes me to see your character as more townie than scum. A scum wouldn't prefer to back off rather expect others to pick up their pieces to carry the legacy. :D
And sad to see that you're quitting the game.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

read the above post like this... BAd me with spelling mistakes!!!

what a considerable choice KA, just kidding!!
but i do want to hear reasons for suspecting me other than vote wagon thing.
And this post of yours makes me to see your character as more townie than scum. A scum wouldn't prefer to back off rather expect others to pick up their pieces to carry the legacy. :D
And sad to see that you're quitting the game.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by nhammen »

Yeah, that was a townie move from KillerApple (unless this is some sort of elaborate trick).
UNVOTE: KillerApple
VOTE: njoseph

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”