Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by Bumi »

Appropriate.

!

babblings below

In post 364, Jal wrote:The mentally basically is, "I am town, so why would a fellow townie push so hard for my lynch?"

This is really very bad in my opinion.

In post 368, nhammen wrote:It is more that your reads are different from most other players that have stated reads. And there is a connection to where you have played before. Do you read threads in the Mafia Discussion forum?

When you said this, which reads were different?

I'm not afraid to say my suspicions. Are you? Is there an underlying thought process that people who have different reads are more likely scum? You seem to be getting at that point without ever really raising it.

So come off it. Tell me. Why are you really asking these questions?

I played mafia on a different site for about the past 6 months. It is a different language so I never bother linking anyone to it. It also contains sensitive information that I would rather not share with the general populus.

In post 368, nhammen wrote:Ummm, you may not care where people are from, but that is de-facto where your reads are. Maybe you are seeing this other site's meta as scummy, or maybe it is something else, but you have a scumlist that just so happens to include everyone from this other site. That would be quite the coincidence, don't you think?

Would he not be scummy by his own admission if the other site's meta is scummy as you say?

Or maybe he knows how to read them better and they are not following their traditional town play?

Why are you applying paranoia to his scumlist when you should be applying veracity to it?

Who is more legitimate and likely to be accurate of reads - a person who never played on their site, or a person who knows their meta?

Jacob is scummier than I remember. :?

In post 413, Aj The Epic wrote:Can someone tell me how this post doesn't strike some as so null it's scummy?

Hmm? Run that one by me again.

Slowly.

In post 420, thezmon221 wrote:Let me get this straight. You voted me when you didn't think I was scum before? Nice. You didn't like your vote on me before, but voted for me anyway? Nice. Don't say I put words in your mouth, because you said it all in that last sentence (which I bolded just so you would make sure not to miss it).

Mountains...
...mole hills
This poem
an ode
to
you

In post 440, Jal wrote:If most people are like me, they probably got their role pm and went: "wait, this game _actually is_ about cars and such?" and maybe interest waned.

I think it is due to the different atmosphere of this site compared to the other site so many of the original players were from.

In post 486, Nachomamma8 wrote:Parama is either TOWN or SCUM TRYHARD MODE.

You think he is trying? He is barely there in my opinion.

I guess his earlier posting...

In post 493, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 489, BirdAndBeast wrote:Absolutely no reason scum Camo wasn't voting Scum Thez with that. And Im not sold on Camo's scumminess anyhow. Looks too derp.

Bang. There's a lil' piece of meta of unseencamo not being as derp as he's being here. He does think his actions through; here it looks like he got more shit for a vote than he thought he would, then embraced the "oh I'm just bad" play with the bullshit Thez vote. And it's the derp facade that camo utilized in order to hop onto thez that tells me that he isn't bussing.

Zitfe replaced camo, Idiotking replaced bride. Both are scum.
Librarian is scum for his "I think thez is scum. I've been consistent about this." crap which is less pushing for scum to get lynched and more about pushing his mislynch in a way that won't get him in too much trouble.

This completely oblierated my previous thoughts that Nacho's slot was not town.

I wish we could agree about some of our reads.

I don't agree with the wagon on Sixx. I invite you all to come onto my Nhammen wagon. He isn't really doing anything to further town getting more information.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

ArcAngel9 (1): KillerApple
BirdAndBeast (1): Idiotking
Idiotking (1): The Mini-Librarian
JacobSavage (1): Jal
njoseph (3): Aj The Epic, nhammen, thezmon221
Nachomamma8 (1): Bumi
Sixx (6): Albus Dumbledore, BirdAndBeast, Parama, Nachomamma8, njoseph, killerjester
The Mini-Librarian (1): Robert2424
thezmon221 (4): ArcAngel9, Baby Spice, Ztife, PeregrineV
Ztife (2): jeck, Sixx
No Lynch (1): Darthe
Not voting (3): DayVigilante, PMysterious, JacobSavage

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.

DayVigilante has been ejected for inactivity. Looking for a replacement. (While I'm talking about replacements, PeregrineV replaces JohnnyFarrar.)

In post 541, JacobSavage wrote:
@Mod: Will have no access for Friday 28th and Saturday 29th.

Noted.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Hey, is anyone else reading the same garbage that Njoseph is posting? Someone explain how anyone has been scummier than that, he hops another wagon with no reason whatsoever. I keep reading his posts thinking "What the hell are you talking about?". He is in complete disconnect and simply hoping that no one is watching him hop wagons like crazy.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by njoseph »

I could have hopped on thezmon's wagon again, but Sixx seems the more scummy 1 out of the two largest wagons.
And yes, it makes most sense to be on a large wagon, even if one is town.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by njoseph »

one referring to a person hopping on, not to a wagon
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 550, Bumi wrote:I don't agree with the wagon on Sixx. I invite you all to come onto my Nhammen wagon. He isn't really doing anything to further town getting more information.
Maybe you can join forces with us on the njoseph wagon and if there's a Vig, he can kill Nhammen for us?

njoseph what are your reads right now? Maybe we can start there.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

EBWODP:

In post 550, Bumi wrote:I don't agree with the wagon on Sixx. I invite you all to come onto my Nhammen wagon. He isn't really doing anything to further town getting more information.
Looked at the vote count, and it appears you're not even voting for nhammen, but rather Nacho... So...
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

SlySly replaces KillerApple. I
MAY
have the last replacement, too—I'm talking to him to double-check, though.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by SlySly »

Reading up...
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by nhammen »

In post 492, Albus Dumbledore wrote:Yeah, I don't want this to happen.

unvote: thez

vote: Sixx

Sixx is scum. You all probably know this already, considering how glaringly obvious it is, but there you have it.

AngryMastin: I thought Heather was scum. I don't think Jal is scum independent of Heather; consider me torn on that slot's alignment. I have a strong feeling njoseph is ineffectually trying to fake his town meta. AJ is probably scum too.
Don't like this post. New vote saying Sixx-scum is obvious, when he had literally not mentioned a read on Sixx before this. Strange meta-faking paranoia. Lumping AJ in for no apparent reason. Scummy scummy scummy.

In post 509, Nachomamma8 wrote:

also going to make sure that everyone caught this
"yeah i reread the thread like twice and the one guy with the largest wagon on him seems like scum. also one other guy."
nope
I agree that this looks bad, and I found the previous slotholder scummy, but I don't know for certain whether this is just bad or scummy.

In post 511, Idiotking wrote:I've noticed throughout the game that lots of people aren't explaining their votes when they make them. Basically all of page 3 is an example of this. This is a pet peeve of mine, because without explanations votes do not contribute to discussion.
In post 511, Idiotking wrote:I should also note that I am entirely in favor of policy lynching bad players on D1 so long as there isn't a vastly superior choice.
In post 511, Idiotking wrote:
Unvote

Vote BirdAndBeast
Does not compute. Your explanation was originally a feeling that they were buddying, but then that didn't make sense, and his switch on Roger, and his accepting of sheep. Accepting of sheep is playstyle and you even acknowledge this in your "playstyle meshing" comment.
The evidence you present does not match being "a vastly superior choice."
Apparently to you it does...

In post 527, njoseph wrote:Okay, nhammen jumped off the KillerApple wagon. I no longer really like the thezmon wagon; I don't really abhor it, either. I am not pleased by the Ztife wagon, though. Ztife looks like null to town new player, and I think voting for him is scummy. That said, jeck has made sense to me before, and I do not want to threw out the credit I have given--I think I called him logical, but I think this Ztife wagon is an instance of wrong assumptions.

That leaves Sixx, and he's bad for being on Ztife wagon, and is not given the credit I have given to Sixx, nothing about Sixx has stood out to me as markingly, to me, townie. Markingly townie qualities is what makes the game good.

UNVOTE

VOTE: Sixx
Wow am I happy with my vote. If Ztife is scum, then this reeks of chainsawing. If Ztife is not scum, then you shouldn't be voting for Ztife. Thus, njoseph is a strictly better wagon than Ztife. The only "scummy" behavior he mentions is the vote on Sixx. What? And his mention of jeck is "hey! my reads are consistent! Look!"

In post 533, njoseph wrote:Seeing that you started it, it wasn't a wagon until jeck went on it. But did you not intend Ztife to pay for his acts that may seemed to have reeked of scumminess?
Ummm... either Sixx is scum and there is no reeking of scumminess to motivate his vote, or Sixx is town and believed them to reek of scumminess. This post seems to implicitly assume Sixx is town while you are attacking him.

In post 547, Bumi wrote:
I don't really care about the answer.
Then why ask?

In post 550, Bumi wrote:When you said this, which reads were different?

I'm not afraid to say my suspicions. Are you? Is there an underlying thought process that people who have different reads are more likely scum? You seem to be getting at that point without ever really raising it.

So come off it. Tell me. Why are you really asking these questions?

I played mafia on a different site for about the past 6 months. It is a different language so I never bother linking anyone to it. It also contains sensitive information that I would rather not share with the general populus.
Thank you for this. That helps. I will now state where I was coming from with my suspicion. There is a thread in MD about how to play as scum (I have it in my sig). If you are an alt, there is a high chance you have read this thread. Your play here seems to match what is suggested in that thread. One specific strategy mentioned is to have players who are unlikely to be lynched in your scumlist, which you have. Therefore, I wanted to know the likelihood of you having read that thread. Your answer strongly indicates that you have not read that thread, and so your reads do not indicate scum to me.

In post 550, Bumi wrote:Would he not be scummy by his own admission if the other site's meta is scummy as you say?

Or maybe he knows how to read them better and they are not following their traditional town play?

Why are you applying paranoia to his scumlist when you should be applying veracity to it?
No, scummy means coming from scum. If he is misidentifying "coming from another sites meta" as "coming from scum" then this is not scummy behavior he is finding, and needed to be corrected. Mastin is a good player and that slot is probably town, and I wanted to help out. The probability that every player from that site ended up in a scum role is incredibly small. Why in the hell should I apply veracity to an almost certainly incorrect scumlist? That doesn't even make sense!

In post 550, Bumi wrote:Who is more legitimate and likely to be accurate of reads - a person who never played on their site, or a person who knows their meta?
Person who knows their meta. Why ask this question?

In post 550, Bumi wrote:I invite you all to come onto my Nhammen wagon. He isn't really doing anything to further town getting more information.
Honestly Bumi, I don't see what problem you are having with my play. This statement of yours isn't remotely true.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by nhammen »

EBWOP: In reply to post 527, it should be

The only "scummy" behavior he mentions is
Sixx's
vote on
Ztife
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by Bumi »

You look town for that post.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by Jal »

Busy. I'll get to this a bit later.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Hello all! Replacing JohhnyF. May start reading tonight, but most likely tomorrow.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by Albus Dumbledore »

My girlfriend was in a car accident today and my head is in a pretty bad place right now. I'll try to post tomorrow.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Post by SlySly »

Scum team A:

ArcAngel
Bumi
B&B

Scum not on team A:

NJ

-----------

UNVOTE: whoever KillerApple was voting for

VOTE: NJ

I'd much rather lynch AA, though.

-----------

I'll dig through tomorrow and illustrate why AA is scum. My vote will more than likely change at that point.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by Parama »

Why do you think there are two scumteams, perchance? Literally the first anyone's brought it up all game.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 566, Parama wrote:Why do you think there are two scumteams, perchance? Literally the first anyone's brought it up all game.

There are 25 players in this game. There is going to be a high number of scum in this game. The scum group A which I defined is so obviously a team, it's painful and saddening that the town has not picked up on it before now.

NJ is obvscum, but he is obvnot in group A.

Hence, multiple scum groups.

-----------

On another note:

Hydras are so last year. It's my belief they (hydras, not the players making it up) should be banned from games on the site that are not clearly stated as hydra games.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 511, Idiotking wrote:I've noticed throughout the game that lots of people aren't explaining their votes when they make them. Basically all of page 3 is an example of this. This is a pet peeve of mine, because without explanations votes do not contribute to discussion. I've beaten this horse through two games in a row though, and about half the town has done it so far, so I'm just going to have to let it go for posts up until now.

What exactly do you think will be explained in page 3 votes that will add something significant to the game?

In post 511, Idiotking wrote:I get the feeling that B&B's playstyle and mine aren't going to mesh at all. He apparently doesn't see appeals to emotion and buddying as scummy, but I do. Now, B&B looks scummy to me regardless of these differences, but I'm stating this here so as to hopefully keep me from biasing my read on him because of this.

You acknowledge this, then immediately vote him. I personally would have waited.

In post 519, Sixx wrote:now back to something else I wanted to mention - I think its funny how many of you are able to sheep but thats about it.

I don't like how you make this vague statement in order to discourage future sheepers as opposed to calling out people specifically and attacking them for it.

thez's excitement about me flipping the game reinforces my townread on him.

In post 550, Bumi wrote:I guess his earlier posting...

I sort of liked that it tapered off so quickly. But yeah, this is still try hard for Parama.

I'll look into Nhammen tomorrow although I really like Sixx.

slysly is town, so yeah, whoever said killerapple was town is right.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Nacho wrote:slysly is town, so yeah, whoever said killerapple was town is right.
That would be us. :P

I mean, his reads are hilariously bad if he honestly thinks that I, Mastin, treat my scumbuddies the way I've treated ArcAngel (he'd know, thanks to Discworld Mafia--busbusbusbusbus; those early posts were all mine) or even Bumi, butyeah, he's town.

Still having trouble getting my head into the game, as keeping track of replacements is getting to be a rather nasty chore. :P But right now, am coordinating reads with AP.
Also, I wanna take a look at all the players and their stated reads as of their last posts. See what kind of overlap there is and what patterns I can find from it--but that'll have to wait 'til after my vacation ends. Really want to try it out; it's a revamp of two separate older methods I want to merge into a new one. :P
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
Sixx
Sixx
Townie
Sixx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:07 am

Post by Sixx »

@Nacho - because every site that has mafia has its typical tendencies, this one sheeping is much more acceptable than others and its almost scummy to get onto a rant about it. Their's no point of me switching my vote off and placing it on somebody thats just going to sheep because to you guys its common. Not a damn one of you sees it as scummy so why would I waste the time in ranting more about it? I'll point it out vaguely on purpose, my habits would typically have me vote you off the island from that type of action once the spam-phase has finished.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 565, SlySly wrote:
Scum team A:

ArcAngel
Bumi
B&B

Scum not on team A:

NJ

-----------

UNVOTE: whoever KillerApple was voting for

VOTE: NJ

I'd much rather lynch AA, though.

-----------

I'll dig through tomorrow and illustrate why AA is scum. My vote will more than likely change at that point.

What, Is this a joke?
You know what this what scums usually do... try to make a post pretending to be scum hunting. and your post looks exactly like that...

Dont ever list the names that is scummy
State the people and the reasons to call them scum.

Now this post of yours is scummy post to me.
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:26 am

Post by jeck »

In post 503, Ztife wrote:Just done re-reading the thread a couple of times.

thez is high on my scum-radar, the fact that he was been on the bandwagon for a while now with a high number of replacements/player shuffling, could be his scum buddies trying hard to shift the bandwagon. His reasonings are weak, and there are no real good reason to not lynch him other than for the sake of generating more discussion for the day. As things are at the moment knowing whether he flips town/scum would probably be the most informative to us.

I don't like this he's one of the most obvious townies we have.

Ztife wrote:
59 Dumbledore, RVS

Yeah so what?
Ztife wrote:
85 Attempt on roger Bandwagon
263 You also mentioned that you think B&B, njoseph, SoraAdvent, ArcAngel, Parama is scummy but you haven't make much of a case..

Basically the only good reason you've. But his defend in the other post + his latest makes him much townie.

Ztife wrote:
And lastly, as per post 349/354 above, you vengeful voted on arc in an attempt to counter-wagon which you
explained it yourself

Looks fine to me. if he knows he's a town he strongly suspects that someone voting on him must be scum.

Ztife wrote:
Also for vote's sake as replacement, my vote stands with thez for now, albeit for a different reason than the person I've replaced.
Unvote, Vote: thez

This is scummy, I think you're just feeling pressured changing your vote right now. And making up a vague case for keeping.
If you are a townie you wouldn't be that afraid.

Im keeping my vote on you.
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:49 am

Post by jeck »

changing my opinion on Dumbledore and Jal to leaning town, based on their defence of thez.

left on the scumlist: TML, Sixx and BS.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:48 am

Post by nhammen »

And Ztife apparently.
Did you notice my post?
I'll quote it below.

In post 559, nhammen wrote:
In post 527, njoseph wrote:Okay, nhammen jumped off the KillerApple wagon. I no longer really like the thezmon wagon; I don't really abhor it, either. I am not pleased by the Ztife wagon, though. Ztife looks like null to town new player, and I think voting for him is scummy. That said, jeck has made sense to me before, and I do not want to threw out the credit I have given--I think I called him logical, but I think this Ztife wagon is an instance of wrong assumptions.

That leaves Sixx, and he's bad for being on Ztife wagon, and is not given the credit I have given to Sixx, nothing about Sixx has stood out to me as markingly, to me, townie. Markingly townie qualities is what makes the game good.

UNVOTE

VOTE: Sixx
Wow am I happy with my vote. If Ztife is scum, then this reeks of chainsawing. If Ztife is not scum, then you shouldn't be voting for Ztife. Thus, njoseph is a strictly better wagon than Ztife. The only "scummy" behavior he mentions is the vote on Sixx. What? And his mention of jeck is "hey! my reads are consistent! Look!"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”