Micro 89 ~ Mafia Rarefaction Segunda (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 773, Konowa wrote:What I'm saying is that if you've read my two completed scum games you would see that I suck as scum and that I am really passive and just comment instead of trying to engage. Meta queen, I know you've read Steam Library Madness.
1) I haven't. 2) Nope, you do not suck as scum. We were reading you as Town in Reverse Mafia for a good long while, after all.

Producing a scum game for analysis doesn't really mean anything when anyone can look for those resources.

Why am I not surprised by that vote~

UNVOTE: Konowa
VOTE: havingfitz

There, that's an L-1 without seniority. You lot have fun, I'm going to spend my evening doing something other than worry about this game.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by Tierce »

By the by, anytime you want to explain that vote other than "omg Tierce is not reading me correctly" (which, once more, does not speak to my motivations), I'll be here.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by Konowa »

In your "team post" you didn't acknowledge me transitioning from a Tierce/Leaf Tierce/Trevor team to a Leaf/Trevor Leaf/Tierce team despite me saying why and trying to figure stuff along the way. Even more, you said I was Town on the same play you're now overlooking. You haven't analyzed any of my posts saying "why", instead you've just given minimum. Yes, part of this -is- based on your lack of play this Day.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by Konowa »

I really don't read you right all the time, nor am I paranoid. First Rarefaction I read you as Town really quick, Dresden I didn't read you at all (go read post game commentary I think that was almost on given my meh on you all game).
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by Tierce »

Many of your transitions have no reasoning, implicit or explicit. Especially the last one, where you call "
STILL
Leaf/fitz", and saying you found the wagon on me suspect.

You CANNOT justify coming after me this Day when you have done so from the start of D2 by simply using 'gut' and not explaining how any of those teams makes any sense. This includes, in particular, the Leafsnail/Tierce team, which makes no sense in the context of how I usually interact (or not) with my scumbuddies, and the Trevor/Tierce team, which you never ever EVER explained as a team. I'll be here all night~

And yes, I was calling you Town before. So? My read shift is explained, unlike yours.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:09 pm

Post by Tierce »

Really. I dare anyone to look at the evolution of Konowa's reads on me, Leafsnail and Trevor/havingfitz. That ain't natural or progressive-Town in any manner.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:18 pm

Post by Konowa »

You're twisting in the beginning of 779. You didn't try to see why I found the push on you suspect.

I'm glad you think I have no self respect. You are scum.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 781, Konowa wrote:You're twisting in the beginning of 779. You didn't try to see why I found the push on you suspect.
I didn't need to...?:
In post 723, Konowa wrote:Not liking this push on Tierce at all. There are certain aspects that are bothering me. I will try and pin all that down after c[______].
In post 724, Konowa wrote:Still think it's Leaf/fitz.
This makes it pretty clear that you're not coming after me, but after those two. (Or supposedly, anyway, since you never actually pushed havingfitz/Trevor via votes that mattered, but just Leafsnail and me.) So tell me how I am twisting
anything
here.

In post 781, Konowa wrote:I'm glad you think I have no self respect. You are scum.
X
times two.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Post by Tierce »

Anytime, Konowa. Anytime you have an inch of a decent reason to call me scum.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Read up to here, but haven't been massively concentrating; it's almost 10am and I haven't been to bed yet (and I've been busy with a newbie game that just started that I'm ICing for).

Tierce, about your unvote of me, something strikes me as a little odd. You thought I was scum, and based on your reason for unvoting, still think I'm scummy (just not as much as fitz/Konowa). If I
am
scum, then fitz/Konowa obviously can't be a team. I'd sort-of expect you not to go in so heavily on an interaction read when your other reads conflicted with it; the main problem with interaction reads is that they're unreliable without flips, because a single mistake brings down the whole argument.

What I mean is, I think, that your read on me, although it's incorrect, I have an easier time seeing you believing it than I do seeing you believe the fitz/Konowa team read. Especially when you said you were going to look at all the partnerships, then decided that Aeris was town independent of interactions (that much is fine, because that much is obvious), then simply listed one partnership and started pushing it. (While, a little earlier, claiming that you don't put this much effort in as scum.)

BTW, I'm not faulting you for survivalism. (I
am
faulting you for the pushing of mislynches, though.) And I guessed you weren't selfish as town, or necessarily survivalistic as scum; I'm much the same in those regards, I think (in Marketplace Mafia, I intentionally limited my own ability to influence the game because some players were reading me as scum; and frequently as scum I'll attempt to sacrifice myself in such a way as to confuse people about my partner).

My strategy, really, is just to do whatever will help me win the most. As scum, that might be self-sacrifice (Mafia with the Kitties did that best, although it was a special case; I wasn't intentionally trying to get caught as scum, but I
was
trying to keep DV alive and widely considered town as a top priority, rather than trying to keep myself alive), it might be intentionally playing against what I know of my scum meta (a recent-ish newbie game where Nacho was my scumbuddy, and I made the risky rather than safe play in lylo for me as scum, where the two plays would have been equal risk for me as town), and it might just be sitting there looking obvtown for as long as possible (Worst Roles Mafia, where I decided pretty much as soon as I replaced in that I needed to survive until endgame and the rest of my scumteam was expendable). As town, there aren't so many options; it's a case of trying my best to scumhunt and hoping that my alignment shines through as I do.

I think you're much the same about how you play as town and scum (Paranoia Mafia as an example of you intentionally playing against your scum meta, for instance). I also think you knew what my meta is like in this respect; I don't have any direct evidence, but you made a very accurate educated guess about my modmeta in my first Mini Normal (when, by definition, I didn't have any modmeta), and I think it's along the same comparison lines. (Just as I'd expect a normal run by you to be reasonably accurately balanced. And a little less than halfway on a scale from Empking to Tarharlindur. Unless, of course, you were co-modding with Vi.)

So I'm a bit offended you'd think I'd push you for survivalism. I don't believe survivalism would be a scumtell from you as scum right now (I
would
expect you to bring up the "it's better I'm mislynched now than later" argument, which you did, but I'd expect you to do that as either alignment, so it's null). And I'm a little upset that you'd think I'd accuse you of that.

(I'm not pushing Trevor for survivalism either. Especially because my meta knowledge of Trevor is him posting for a bit in a newbie game we played together, flaking, my scumteam getting his empty slot mislynched when I really wanted to lynch the cop, and him following up by going round MD proclaiming the advantages of EpicMafia setups. This strikes me as the sort of player who'd be entirely willing to hammer in self-defence as town.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Wow, did I really just write one line of introduction, one paragraph which was what I meant to write when I sat down to write the post, and an entire many paragraphs on something that annoyed me that isn't actually that important?
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Post by Tierce »

I think you're scum individually, yes. But you replaced into aceofspades's slot and, as much as I wanted to lynch that slot at the time:
In post 124, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:I will note - I fully support Ace as a policy lynch today.

He needs to learn that he shouldn't try to protect his weak scumgame by intentionally playing hyper-bad all the time to help hide when he's actually being bad.
When I asked about the meta they had on ace:
In post 131, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:@Tierce - ONGOING

I gave a cursory look at some other partnerships, but I
do
get lazy at scumhunting as Town when I find something that looks like scum, I'm the first to admit it. (In your Mini Normal, I should have paid more attention in 3p LyLo, for example; same in Micro 51.) However, I am clearly not the only one seeing something off with this pair, and damned if Aeris is scum. I'm not the only one seeing it, so that gives me confidence that this isn't just me tunnel-visioning on a likely scumteam, and Konowa's reaction to it (he was calling me Town--he's denying it now, but he had just said he was "
still
thinking it was Leafsnail/havingfitz" (whatever that 'still' means--he hasn't explained it) and feeling off about the votes on me, which is a great excuse to avoid being part of a plurality lynch when he could be pushing any one of his suspects--what conclusions
did
he take from me not hammering Leafsnail, for example?--tells me that I am most definitely on to something.

The timing of my shift from Konowa to havingfitz was definitely deliberate. He's not voting; he'll probably vote me in self-defense, or just wait for the deadline. I intentionally did not want to create a seniority wagon on someone other than myself. If I am to live till Rarefaction (or Tomorrow, if we lynch scum Today) I want at least someone to accept that havingfitz is more likely to be scum than I am and hammer him. I am not willing to go into Rarefaction/Tomorrow with people calling me scum. Hate to break my no-mislynch streak, but those are my conditions. Either trust that I'm playing to my Town meta and have been from the start, or lynch me.

Good luck with that ridiculous burden of proficiency with this SWA. Bugger off and go pester someone with better lynch records, you know Town does and will mislynch plenty in games.

(Vi actually grounded my Mini Normal far closer to Empking than CES or I would have it. >.>)
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by Tierce »

Hey look, I can ramble too.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XXXVI

:right: Tierce (L-1) ~ callforjudgement, Leafsnail, Konowa
havingfitz (L-2) ~ Parama, Tierce
Konowa (L-3) ~ Aeris,
(Tierce)

callforjudgement (L-4) ~
(Tierce)

Leafsnail (L-4) ~
(Konowa)

Not Voting:
havingfitz,
(Konowa)

-Tierce is at L-1!

--With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
--Deadline is January 2, 2013 (in
(expired on 2013-01-02 21:00:00)
).
Last edited by Vi on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 am

Post by Tierce »

...So I miscounted, huh. Thought someone else was voting fitz already and that would make my vote on him a L-1 without seniority.

No matter, that makes it even more firm. Pretty likely to be Today's lynch since havingfitz won't vote himself and Aeris doesn't reach a plurality if she votes him anyway.

So as I said--lynch Konowa and havingfitz. Review the game first, obviously, but those two are working very well as a potential team.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 am

Post by Aeris »

Sorry got distracted.

I was also trying to solidify my townreads. I'm still good with my townreads on parama and tierce. Really the only reason I'd reconsider either is if we ended up in rarefaction together. (I can sympathisize with cfj over tierce though. She's not obvtown in the way that one would consider someone obvtown, but she's quite town by the way she reacts to people in this game. Seriously, I'd have expected scum!tierce to have given up defending herself by now.)

I want my third one to be cfj, but this one is weaker. And sometimes I start to doubt myself. (oh but the read is stronger after his latest wall)

Whenever I think of the game, I think that scum is between konowa, fitz, Leafsnail. I haven't done partnership analysis and probably won't until we get a flip, but I don't really see any reason why none of these three couldn't be partnered with each other. I know that parama thinks konowa is town due totrevors push but that could easily be done as scum too. He's always suggesting he'd rather have leaf votd more,and didn't vote konowa u til after I called him out for not voting konowa but saying he wanted to. His hammer of tug on day one could be read as trying to save konowa also, or he wanted us to think that and with all the attention he gave to Leafsnail I wonder about that too. The only thing that gives me pause on either of these is his constant town read of cfj's slot. And that's partially in light of his forgetting other town reads he gave. (Hrm I did say I wasn't doing partner analysis until a flip didn't I?)

So, really I'm perfectly fine lynching konowa or havingfitz today and to a lesser extent Leafsnail. And as long as my town reads are correct, this game is good. And maybe I have been a bit sloppy of a player and haven't pushed enough. I do think that konowa is scum and think its odd that he's pushing at tierce right now but hasn't engaged with me at all when I've been voting him since early day one.

Hmmm...Can one of you voting tierce please unvote? When fitz gets on and sees that it's between him and tierce, he's going to vote tierce.

I'm going to crash now. Id put my vote on fitz, but fitz isn't going to vote himself, and I'm hoping one of you will make tierce not at l-1 so we can continue discussion tomorrow (today). So, I'll leave my second scum read at l-2 in hopes that someone will do that.

For anyone who is town reading konowa or the fitz slot, can you explain why?

Okay, I'll be back after I wake up.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 am

Post by Aeris »

In post 520, Konowa wrote:Agree with you. If F16 made rarefaction as scum he would've been autolynch. So Trevor saying he's town because of the town hammer doesn't make sense. Also, Trevor voting me yesterday then switching because my wagon wasn't gaining traction and then voting Leaf today doesn't make sense as Town.

Konowa..what about this? Why aren't you voting fitz when this major action he made doesn't read town to you?
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 am

Post by Aeris »

In post 521, Konowa wrote:So I should probably reread D1 in regards to Trevor/Tierce and see if it makes sense.

How so? One of my problems with you is ou seem to keep throwing up pairs but not giving reasoning behind them.

If tierce and Trevor are partners, why did he forget his town read on her?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:28 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 792, Aeris wrote:
In post 521, Konowa wrote:So I should probably reread D1 in regards to Trevor/Tierce and see if it makes sense.
How so? One of my problems with you is ou seem to keep throwing up pairs but not giving reasoning behind them.

If tierce and Trevor are partners, why did he forget his town read on her?
He did go on and said the pairing made sense a few posts later, but I've called him on it already and he keeps dodging the question. :hitoshrug: He keeps dancing on a scum trio without seeming rhyme nor reason for the vote shifts or, more importantly, the pairs themselves, and he never voted Trevor out of his 3-set.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 am

Post by Aeris »

In post 773, Konowa wrote:No.

What I'm saying is that if you've read my two completed scum games you would see that I suck as scum and that I am really passive and just comment instead of trying to engage. Meta queen, I know you've read Steam Library Madness.

Based on our play together, do you think I would pull(really don't know the word I'm looking for here) one scum game for meta reasons?

Went back and read that, don't see that interpretation of your scum game really. Although I will note that, until this evening, that has been indicative of your play here.

Didn't I say I was going to bed?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 am

Post by Tierce »

Aeris, if you want any sort of insight from me, you should ask now--I can't guarantee I'll be around in the morning, and being the probable lynch, etc.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 am

Post by Aeris »

I don't even know what to ask. What are your strongest reads? I guess. I mean I think you covered it all in your posts.

If you are lynched here and are town
i want to keep my bonnet and don't want to take a shame shower so please be so
, who do you think should least likely be lynched in rarefaction?

I have a strong townread of parama, is that one baseless? I'd like to think not and that I can actually town read people. So, if you get lynched, I need another town read, and I do think the bean fritter flaps thing reads townish for cfj being town. And part of me thinks Leafsnail is town, so I'm kind of at a loss if it's not konowa/fitz.

Idk...I'm really going to bed now. I'd like any insight you have o offer and hope that leaf will unvote, since he hould be round soon, so we can discuss things in the ftrnoon.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:04 am

Post by havingfitz »

I feel like my next move is forced with Tierce and I the frontrunners. I'm not scum so any alternative to me at least has a chance of being scum. Plus I don't think the Tierce focus from F16 was totally unwarranted.

VOTE: Tierce
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 am

Post by Aeris »

}^*#*^|.!>]>€>|€]€{€|€|'wnewkdndjd
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:06 am

Post by Tierce »

Leafsnail is Town. He's a paranoid derp, but I'm pretty sure he's Town, and iirc he hasn't shied away from poking at anything that catches his eye. He pushed both Parama and me, but didn't let that keep him from poking others. Just... try to rein him in and you should be fine. He's a prime mislynch target, but you can't let that happen Tomorrow.

Less convinced about Parama. My problem with him is that he generally doesn't seem to give a damn about games and then has a moment of tryharding here and there that doesn't tell of alignment, so he tends to throw me in for a loop. A while before this game, I discussed him with Empire, but it wasn't on this computer and I don't have access to the data on the other one, so that meta source probably goes poof with me.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”