The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - Summer 2024 NEW SERVER!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

Event & Minigame RSVP ~ Week of 27/5 - 03/6:

Inaugural SPLEEF Tourney - (Share your date/time preference!)
50%
Other Games, Speedrun Maps, IDK?! - (Share in comments!)
50%

Total votes: 2

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9900 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 9898, Maruchan wrote:you guys are missing the last line of the paragraph you're quoting.
Just because Maestro says that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it further.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #9901 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 9897, Hiraki wrote:
Maestro wrote:and as Klazam said that kind of thing is somewhat stunted when you know you have several maximally-enchanted Diamond Pickaxes sitting at home just a tp away.
you could just make a new house in a unestablished area with no tools

this is your biggest argument to please anyone wanting it you've made, and the line you quoted is why it doesn't please those yet you keep bringing it up like its the holy grail.

If you think I haven't tried that, i have. its not the same experience as having everyone start from scratch together,
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9902 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9881, Klazam wrote:I still would like to have the prize be a command block if its possible. Izak, Maru- what do you guys think?

Uh. Nope. Any command you could want put on a command block will either be overpowered or pointless.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #9903 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Post by Maestro »

Yeah, I agree with izak, that's why I asked what you (Klaz) thought people would be using them for. Also, if you think about things they're normally used for like day/night switches, not only are they overpowered, but that kind of thing shouldn't be in the hands if one person- since it effects everyone.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #9904 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:37 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 9900, Hiraki wrote:
In post 9898, Maruchan wrote:you guys are missing the last line of the paragraph you're quoting.
Just because Maestro says that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it further.

You might want to take the pole out of your ass and realize that nobody said that at all, then read Maru's last post.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9905 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Post by Klazam »

Actually i was thinking more along having them be teleport blocks or something.

But its not a big deal.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9906 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ever heard of /home? >_>
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9907 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 am

Post by Klazam »

yeahyeah, I was just thinking it'd be cool. I didnt really put that much thought in it. you both are right, it'd be a bad idea.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9908 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 am

Post by Hiraki »

Maruchan wrote:If you think I haven't tried that, i have. its not the same experience as having everyone start from scratch together,
Because you've tried it in such an active community like the Mafiascum Server, right?

Maestro wrote:You might want to take the pole out of your ass and realize that nobody said that at all, then read Maru's last post.
Yeah! Go Maestro! Take it to the man!
Pizzadudes7
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9909 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:49 am

Post by Pizzadudes7 »

In post 9908, Hiraki wrote:
Maruchan wrote:If you think I haven't tried that, i have. its not the same experience as having everyone start from scratch together,
Because you've tried it in such an active community like the Mafiascum Server, right?

Maestro wrote:You might want to take the pole out of your ass and realize that nobody said that at all, then read Maru's last post.
Yeah! Go Maestro! Take it to the man!

What goes on in your head? Seriously? Do you really just not at all get what they are saying or are you just that stupid?

Now, I get what Maru is saying. Not that I'm rich in any way, but I can see why you would find it hard to just drop everything and walk away. SOLUTION: Give Pizzadudes7 all of your nice things, that way you cannot be tempted to go back and get them. I will then sell them to the highest bidder.
Show
I definitely did NOT just lose the game. :)

If someone broke something, blame either gravity or kdowns.

I am simply stating things that may or may not need to be changed through my thorough use of sarcasm, trolling, and all around bitchiness.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9910 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:04 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Is there a map of some sort of our server?
Eek
!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9911 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:08 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9909, Pizzadudes7 wrote:Now, I get what Maru is saying. Not that I'm rich in any way, but I can see why you would find it hard to just drop everything and walk away. SOLUTION: Give Pizzadudes7 all of your nice things, that way you cannot be tempted to go back and get them. I will then sell them to the highest bidder.

In all seriousness, giving away your stuff isn't a bad idea if you want to start over. I know I didn't quite do that, but I gave away the bulk of my stuff.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9912 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:55 am

Post by Hiraki »

Pizza wrote:Now, I get what Maru is saying. Not that I'm rich in any way, but I can see why you would find it hard to just drop everything and walk away. SOLUTION: Give Pizzadudes7 all of your nice things, that way you cannot be tempted to go back and get them. I will then sell them to the highest bidder.
So basically, for the satisfaction of few, Maruchan wants to get rid of the cookie jar in order to avoid temptation instead of just keeping the cookie jar there.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9913 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:17 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 9701, Rhinox wrote:
In post 9686, Om of the Nom wrote:Let me just say thanks to all the people who got their presents in on time, however we do have a few disappointed players so I'll need to be sending out PM's.
Also Maru go unlock your damn chest, poor T-bone hasn't got a present yet.

Sorry didn't make it back home last night will have to do it this evening.

Double sorry didn't have time at all over the holidays to be on the computer. Is it too late to give my present?

In post 9754, Maruchan wrote:http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=50 ... 66f1c556a0

EVERYONE pelasevote, its a poll about possible future map regeneration.

little info:
Full Map regeneration is easy. I delete the world folders (either jsut the overworld, or any combination of all three worlds TBD later). Nothing trasnfers over. We all start over from new.
This options is POSSIBLY accompanied with a back-to-vanilla ish feel to our plugin usage. That is also up in the air and TBD at a later date.

Unused Map Regeneration:
We use a special code that checks every chunk on the map for one of the following blocks by default (list is editable): 5,19,20,22,23,25,26,27,28,29,33,34,35,36,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,53,55,57,59,60,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,75,76,77,80,84,85,87,88,89,91,92,93,94,96
Any chunk found with any of these blocks in it, as well as any chunk within a 10-chunk square of it will be preserved. Everything else will be deleted, and able to be re-genned with new regencode.

no regen:
obv is obv

Poll is blocked from my work computer but I vote
No regen
as top preference, followed distantly by
Full Regen
if any regen is to happen at all, and only if everyone wants it to happen. Partial regen is still just as stupid as the last time I said something about it. What is it regen-ing exactly? Just so people can go mine everywhere they already mined again? pfffffft. The fact that they're *unused chunks* means that there is
nothing there to regen!!!

I still like my original idea of just moving and building a new spawntown somewhere out in the wilderness - err, everything Hiraki says basically.

I've been arguing for no warps/TPing for how long now? see, I've been trying to save you all from yourselves :P
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #9914 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:29 am

Post by T-Bone »

It's not our fault if you can't resist the temptation of tping back to civilization, that you need a whole new map just so you can start over.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #9915 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Chevre »

Okay, so you want a fresh start because going to a faraway land still leaves the temptation of all the shiny toys you created in the last go around. I guess I can see that, but it must be an individual thing, because I'm fairly sure I could do it on the server (I haven't tried though, so :/). I don't know what to tell you though; in my case, I am still significantly less advanced than you and Maestro and Klazam, somewhat due to skill but mostly due to time played. A full regeneration is going to reward those who play, as I've said before, and in a year so, we'll be having this same debate with likely the same people on the same sides. That's just the way the game goes.

However, I fail to find another solution for you. SSP? You don't have the community. I mean I've been having fun on a SSP map but I'm fairly reclusive on the server anyway. Destroy everything you have, thus ensuring a fresh start? I loathe that; if I were in your position, once I'd accomplished a lot in the fresh lands, I would want to go back and see how I've changed, and nostalge.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #9916 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 9908, Hiraki wrote:

um... Yup.... Multiple times. I think we went through 4 server resets on as many months on the Hogwartia server, and except for the last one, people always sprang back to activity and made something of it.
In post 9910, My Milked Eek wrote:Is there a map of some sort of our server?

http://mafiascum.maruchanserver.com:8321
In post 9912, Hiraki wrote:
Pizza wrote:Now, I get what Maru is saying. Not that I'm rich in any way, but I can see why you would find it hard to just drop everything and walk away. SOLUTION: Give Pizzadudes7 all of your nice things, that way you cannot be tempted to go back and get them. I will then sell them to the highest bidder.
So basically, for the satisfaction of few, Maruchan wants to get rid of the cookie jar in order to avoid temptation instead of just keeping the cookie jar there.

No. I want to ask the community what they think and their opinions.

If you'll notice, until you came into the discussion, I pretty much completely stayed out of it and didn't even voice my opinion, fearing comments like these where you guys think I've already made up my mind to do this and am now seeking excuses/permission to do so. I'm not. I'm just as happy not touching anything and leaving it all how it is right this second as I am deleting the entire map file. I was merely wanting to see everyone else's opinions and discussion surrounding the topic.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9917 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 9899, Mist7676 wrote:The reason I wanted a regen is just for the new update ...

This is why I would be firmly in support of regening unused chunks in the Nether at the very least so that we can take full advantage of the new update.

I would also probably be in support of a full regen at a major update to world generation. I just don't see a compelling need to do it right now. If you want to start over, take a pit of lava and throw all your stuff into it. Burn down your house. Or simply TP away and set your home at a different place, if your house is at an absurdly far away location. You can remove the "cookie jar" without a full regen of the server. It just takes a little more effort.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #9918 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Andrius »

The Hiraki/Rhinox/T-Bone/Andrius Voting Bloc has now been established to bring Self-Control and Moderation to Minecrafters across the server.

"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9919 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
You Are Worth It
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9920 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

NUMBER 5
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #9921 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:44 am

Post by Andrius »

So I just dug up Xalxe's remains because I thought it was a horrible joke.
It wasn't. :|

HAIL CAESAR. FOR WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE SALUTE YOU.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #9922 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:57 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 9918, Andrius wrote:The Hiraki/Rhinox/T-Bone/Andrius Voting Bloc has now been established to bring Self-Control and Moderation to Minecrafters across the server.

Damn straight....and this voting block will usher in a REIGN OF TERROR

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #9923 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Andrius »

Aka the GET OFF MY LAWN Club.

In other news I want to go spelunking. If anyone finds a dungeon/cave/whatnot and wants help I'll go bust out my last (and only) set of armor and join you because I miss that sort of thing. Elsewise I'll be continuing construction of my new home.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #9924 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:03 am

Post by T-Bone »

have a mineshaft I just discovered deep under where my house is and only explored a fraction of it. I need someone more capable than my brother to finish exploring all of it.

Return to “The Arcade”