Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6300 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Maenara »

In post 6299, BroodKingEXE wrote:I think the Magua thing was a PR hunt. I figured out a role that Medhi is but telling it would endanger him. Its a 3rd party role, but if I am right town can win with him.

He's already claimed BP, in addition to having a kill. You cannot possibly endanger him.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6301 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Yeah I'm not dying. And continuing we mass claimed a while ago and shi claimed vanilla. Lo and behold she flips vanilla.

Thinking on it it looks more like one scum team trying to kill a member of the other scum team since I wouldn't have been against a magua push much. Only thing shi did that was nice was how she claimed.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6302 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:52 am

Post by BT »

Scum wouldn't kill other scum when there are so many townies left

A town-friendly third party wouldn't have a bp and a shot, lol
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6303 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:58 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6283, BT wrote:Bumi is confirmed to have made a Vifam-Titan connect so unless he's scum neighborizer he's town (the greenscum JoAT is downnnn) and I'm inclined to believe one of these two options over the other. Nacho is town also as a result.
Oh right, forgot about this. Thanks.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6304 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:59 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6287, Maenara wrote:Please note that these targets were choosen entirely at random from the list of unconfirmed claimed VTs, and not at all based on the fact that both are gunning for my death.
I'm pleased to see that your humor remains intact.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6305 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:02 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6289, Maenara wrote:I'd lynch Mehdi. The guy who is, y'know, essentially a proven SK.
Maenara, I think your logic with respect to most things is sound, but
even if
we knew for a fact that Mehdi is SK it's better for us to simply control his kills each night than lynching him. As soon as he does not comply, we lynch him. It's essentially an extra lynch every day; I don't see how it's not hugely beneficial to town.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6306 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:04 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6296, Sunshine and Rainbows wrote:I thought the 'at random' was sarcasm considering the tsundere sentence about how it TOTALLY wasn't because you two were after her.
Holy shit, we have a Sherlock in here.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6307 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6297, ActionDan wrote:His sus of S+R was both bad and an outlier
It was an outlier, but I think it was pretty sound. I'm probably one of the few left who's still suspicious of S&R.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6308 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:07 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6301, Mehdi2277 wrote:Thinking on it it looks more like one scum team trying to kill a member of the other scum team
Just no. Both teams were obviously interested in hitting town given that town is currently in a far superior position.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6309 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:08 am

Post by buldermar »

Also when am I getting that fucking hat :(
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6310 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:30 am

Post by Maenara »

Yes, I'm not too thick to realize that this is probably a reference to me facetiously complaining about seven posts in a row earlier, but FUCKING SERIOUSLY BULDERMAR?

Concerning Mehdi, I know that we'll get an extra lynch per day, but we don't need that, and the shenanigan potential outweighs it. I mean, if we lynch Mehdi now, we get an extra day for discussion, in between every lynch. We also avoid possibly shenanigans, like mafia intentionally targetting the same as Mehdi to make it seem like there are no scum left, or like whoever was protected by Vifam was targeted, and so on and so forth. It's a can of worms we just don't need to open.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6311 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:31 am

Post by Maenara »

EDIT:

Oh, wait, I complained about nine posts last time. Well, then, you're just made of fail and spam.

Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6312 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

And there was only two night kills when there should have been 3 + I don't think both scum teams shot magus since outside of thinking he's maybe scum I don't understand why he died.

Reminder my dear Mae. You would have died very easily day 3 if I hadn't saved you. Your theory of me thinking you knew my role sucks.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6313 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I'd like to know what Brood came up with.

Black scum are probably 100% dead now.

Let's look at the end of Day 1 vote count again. I've updated player names with replacements. Blue is hard confirmed (dead) town. Green for green scum and black for black scum. Light blue for players who are more or less confirmed by role claims. Orange for everyone else.
In post 1423, quadz08 wrote:Votecount 1.12

Tazaro
(16):
Zeta
AurorusVox
Pandorica
Phillammon
DeltaWave
, Noir,
Porfervor
BT
Sunshine and Rainbows
xtopherusD
Cheery Dog
DeasVail
Bumi
BroodKingEXE
Titan
Vifam

Cheery Dog
(3):
Nachomamma8
buldermar
Tazaro

DeasVail
(2):
Zdenek
Magua

Sanjay (1):
Epic

buldermar
(2):
ActionDan
malpascp

AurorusVox
(1): DrippingGoofball
ActionDan
(1):
Maenara

Not Voting (4):
Mehdi
Alduskkel
, Fate, Sanjay

Although perhaps Vifam should be orange. He's a damn Doctor with no other protective roles in the game. Why is he still alive?

I don't really know how to analyze this though. buldermar might be green scum. The Tazaro wagon is middle-loaded with oranges. There's almost certainly green scum bussing him unless the scumteam is in {ActionDan, buldermar, Alduskkel} (I include myself for your convenience) or something ridiculous involving Mehdi and Maenara, or even just Mehdi if we're still considering Mehdi as green scum, although I think Mehdi's probably a Serial Killer.

If the scumteam is ActionDan and buldermar though, I'm confused by ActionDan's D1 vote. Hmm. I'd like other people to weigh in on the vote count up there.

I don't understand the Magua/Shinori kill. I don't know Magua's meta, is he some awesome scumhunter or something? I mean, it's obviously not PR hunting by green scum. And black scum should not have been trying to kill green scum at this stage either. Thoughts?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6314 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:46 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Magua is a good player although I'm basing that more on thought he shows in making set ups then anything else. That still doesn't make much sense for a kill reason though. He never even roses anyone.

Wagon analysis is good when considering other factors (such as I highly dour Dan is scum at all just for play). I'd be curious if any patterns emerge outside of black scum if the rest of the vcs are colored that way.
Sunshine and Rainbows
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6315 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Sunshine and Rainbows »

VOTE: Maenara
Most obvious lime scum.

I'm down for Mehdi lynch too.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6316 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 am

Post by DeasVail »

Sunshine, doesn't Mehdi before Maenara make more sense?
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6317 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 am

Post by BT »

VOTE: Maenara

I tried reading through the ISO again and stopped midway because holy damn yes.

In post 1168, Maenara wrote:
I'd say something about it being hilariously easy for scum to lurk, as per usual in large themes, but that might not go well with me having two posts on fortyseven pages. Oh, woops, dearie me, I guess I said it anyway. So, yeah, let's have all us inactives vote for the prominent stupid people, as opposed to the silent stupid people.

But not Taz. Because really, let's give him a chance to get lynched due to his own messes as opposed to those of Pasch.

For now, let's kill Plastic-DeasVail.

Mae starts the game by telling people to disregard Pasch's play in favor of Taz's. By the way, this being the first post, turns out that she never commented on Pasch.

In post 1308, Maenara wrote:
I do want Pasch/Taz to be scum, in spite of the guarantee from Nacho, who I got as strong town after his vigorous defense of DV earlier, and I'd be willing to default on a Taz lynch as matters are. Still, want to look at other options too. Noir needs to be vigged or otherwise killed, Vifam is not on my town-list due to his not provoking enough controversy, Buldermar is too controversial to not be a town-read at the moment, and what the seven hells is ActionDan doing? Like, literally. I'd like a description thereof.

VOTE: ActionDan

I think we all remember this. Textbook "I'll bus it eventually" scum. (Because there was no reason not to jump onto the wagon right there, instead of forcibly looking for another vote.)

During this Pandorica picks up a Mae scumread. Too bad we don't know what happened to that after D1. It's pretty null as is.

Enter D2:

In post 1456, Maenara wrote:xtopherusD has an incredible busywork-to-stancetaking ratio, and not in a good way. I'm particularly drawn to the post Epic pointed out, wherein he wanted the day to end with about two weeks to deadline.

Yeah, I can get behind pressuring him.

VOTE: xtopherusD

Also, hello to you too, S&R. My defense: Yes, I was useless.

Superweak vote. And that reply to S&R is a scum reply. It's the kind of reply that brings absolutely nothing to the table while appealing to town (S&R in this case). Whoops.

In post 1487, Maenara wrote:Would everyone engaging in setup speculation kindly shut their wordholes? You're gonna get stuck on whichever idea you think of first, and it doesn't benefit anyone but scum. Kthx.

You missed a red, Bulderunclaimedscum.

I think this is where I started cringing visibly at Mae's posts on D2. It's happening again.
(This is superscum fluff.)

In post 1702, Maenara wrote:
For now, I'm willing to go for someone who has absolutely failed to play as well as he can, and has instead gone for stating the obvious and voting for either the most popular wagons, or wagons that don't make sense at all. Yes, there's a chance that he might be doing this as town, but if that's the case, it's about time he shows us that.

VOTE: AurorusVox

In post 1709, Maenara wrote:tl;dr

... And this is the most telling thing yet. First quote is a lame "get better" vote that's more of a votepark than anything, but what's amazing is that the second quote's tone is pretty much "yo town-avox you're pretty bad here". She didn't have a townread previously and the first quote leaves things completely open. I'm thinking she slipped by telling town-avox to get better in a town-avox minset.

Go over her ISO and ctr+f AV. Her read goes from this to "I'm bitching at him" to "I don't get why AV is being ignored" to... this:

In post 2470, Maenara wrote:I'm not entirely satisfied with some of the reasons for joining the AV wagon, but I am entirely satisfied with it being as popular as it suddenly is.
I am no longer as convinced by his scumminess as I was
, but my conviction is still strong enough, especially combined with the plethora of info from his flip, that I still advocate his death.

(What the hell)

To this:

In post 2734, Maenara wrote:Everything said about AVox yesterday still applies.

Also:

In post 2571, AurorusVox wrote:I will stop being a fucking useless slot over the weekend I PROMISE. If I do not then I will request replacement for the first time ever (I will not let this happen 100% guarantee)

Really needs to happen. Realize real life can be problematic at times, but explicit promises and all that.

VOTE: AurorusVox for motivation.

Is this a prod vote or a vote on scum or what the what

Lynch lynch lynch.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6318 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 am

Post by BT »

DV we're still using Mehdi's kill.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6319 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

If Maenara flips town, it tells us nothing about Mehdi's alignment, and thus we'd probably get two town lynches if they are both town.

If Mehdi flips town, it tells us that Maenara is town, thus preventing her lynch. So, if they are both town, we only get one town lynch.

Basically, Maenara can not be scum unless Mehdi is, so it makes sense to me to kill Mehdi first, (and if he's going to kill me, then all the more reason to lynch him)
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6320 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:18 am

Post by BT »

What happens when Mehdi flips non-town?

Notice that I said "when" not "if".
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6321 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 am

Post by DeasVail »

And it's a bit annoying that after at least two instances of me generally being considered town, I am still a prime target.

Then we can lynch Maenara too if people want (and without Mehdi I thought she was scummy so sure).

In the case of them both being scum, or Mehdi-scum with Maenara-town it doesn't make a difference, but if they are both town, then lynching Mehdi is a lot better.

I'm not really fussed over using Mehdi's kill if he knows he's going to die anyway.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6322 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:24 am

Post by BT »

In post 6321, DeasVail wrote:
I'm not really fussed over using Mehdi's kill if he knows he's going to die anyway.

It worked out nicely so far.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6323 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh and should I still be worrying about the possibility of Zdenek or Brood being scum or not?

PEdit: Eh maybe then, but I'm just worried about them being both town.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6324 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Even if Mehdi's not town, he's still been outrageously useful to us up to now. I say we should keep him alive a bit longer.

Still reading through BT's case on Mae.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”