Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6425 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 6353, BroodKingEXE wrote:
In post 6300, Maenara wrote:
In post 6299, BroodKingEXE wrote:I think the Magua thing was a PR hunt. I figured out a role that Medhi is but telling it would endanger him. Its a 3rd party role, but if I am right town can win with him.

He's already claimed BP, in addition to having a kill. You cannot possibly endanger him.

There is only one way I can think of that makes this role not OP, and I have seen types of roles like this. If I am right Medhi, has a 3rd party wincon that can be satisfied along with town interests.
He's not a survivor.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6426 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 6367, Vifam wrote:
In post 6366, BroodKingEXE wrote:Stop. Medhi's role is to protect Maenara, he is in essence a bodyguard, if Maenara is killed or lynched he Medhi loses. I have seen this role before, and I guarantee Maenara is town (because scum has to kill all 3rd party, Medhi cant kill Maenara). Medhi and town have the same goal, in essence to eliminate scum in order to prevent from dying. Dont lynch Medhi.

A lover??????

Giving Medhi the wrong rolename is fucking ruthless of the mods then if that's the case
It still could be an accident as Mehdi claims.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6427 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by DeasVail »

First, I'm really not sure about the Mehdi/Maenara issue. I can't really think of a plausible solution to the problem and don't completely like any that I've seen.

I have townreads on buldermar and S&R. I'll call Nacho town for now due to Bumi's claim (although I have seen a godfather on each team of a multiball game where they generally had different powers). I'll also trust S&R in being able to read ActionDan correctly, although if they're both scum...?

That leaves Alduskkel, DeltaWave and BT, neither of whom are that scummy to me, just less town.

My preferred order right now would probably be Delta --> BT --> Alduskkel, but I don't know. I'll give BT a quick read now, since he's the only one I haven't sorted out a read on. Yeah, he's kind of not-town and slightly scummy, things like calling me 'damn null' when I'd done some interesting stuff and calling zeta obvscum when there wasn't really much that was scummy about him are examples of things I find very slightly scummy, which is probably enough to put him equal with Delta. (I don't like his first post of this page).

And yeah, preferably don't think that I'm scum.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6428 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 262, xtopherusD wrote:Vifam's posts are awfully flighty and detached. He seems to just post thoughts and passing remarks about anything he decides to, and I don't think that's helpful to the Town. And it's not just a lack of quantity, but the quality is pretty bad, too. There hasn't really been a shift between confirmation phase and Day 1. So I
VOTE: Vifam

Last post referring to vifam day 1:

In post 1165, xtopherusD wrote:
oh my gog im being surrounded by people who
still aren't telling me the problem!

This happened when I voted Vifam, too! What is wrong with you people??

Doesn't sound like suspicion disappeared.

Day 2 mentions (there are 2 others that I don't think really show a read on vifam):

In post 2449, xtopherusD wrote:

Maybe it's not a case but I like to think it's better than anything else right now

In post 2585, xtopherusD wrote:Vifam is currently utilising Town's greatest power! malpascp is currently the only person who isn't!

How did that suspicion ever disappear from a cop?
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6429 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 6428, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 262, xtopherusD wrote:Vifam's posts are awfully flighty and detached. He seems to just post thoughts and passing remarks about anything he decides to, and I don't think that's helpful to the Town. And it's not just a lack of quantity, but the quality is pretty bad, too. There hasn't really been a shift between confirmation phase and Day 1. So I
VOTE: Vifam

Last post referring to vifam day 1:

In post 1165, xtopherusD wrote:
oh my gog im being surrounded by people who
still aren't telling me the problem!

This happened when I voted Vifam, too! What is wrong with you people??

Doesn't sound like suspicion disappeared.

Day 2 mentions (there are 2 others that I don't think really show a read on vifam):

In post 2449, xtopherusD wrote:

Maybe it's not a case but I like to think it's better than anything else right now

In post 2585, xtopherusD wrote:Vifam is currently utilising Town's greatest power! malpascp is currently the only person who isn't!

How did that suspicion ever disappear from a cop?
Is this really why you guys think there is an inno on Vifam? There is nothing more to it? In that case I strongly suggest we lynch Vifam - or at the very least do so befpre LyLo if scum didn't kill him. He has not been protected for two nights and yet he wasn't killed. I know it
can
happen when he's town, it's just unlikely.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6430 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Yeah that's the inno reasoning which I find to be a strange jump of I find vifam scummy to I like vifam's posts without reasons given in between.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6431 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I have a feeling the more you talk about do something to him before lylo the more likely scum won't kill him. A doc isn't likely to save correctly so power wise it's not a big problem to leave alive.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6432 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 6430, Mehdi2277 wrote:Yeah that's the inno reasoning which I find to be a strange jump of I find vifam scummy to I like vifam's posts without reasons given in between.
People make such jumps all the fucking time without being a cop. There is no reason to think a cop should be less likely to do so.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6433 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Post by buldermar »

In post 6431, Mehdi2277 wrote:I have a feeling the more you talk about do something to him before lylo the more likely scum won't kill him. A doc isn't likely to save correctly so power wise it's not a big problem to leave alive.
It becomes an increasingly bigger problem as the player pool decreases in size.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6434 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:18 am

Post by Vifam »

In post 6424, buldermar wrote:
In post 6351, Vifam wrote:I didn't save the last night phase
Again?!

Oh my bad, I meant the night before
ok
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6435 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 am

Post by Maenara »

Then who did you save now.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #6436 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 am

Post by DeltaWave »

DV are you town or scum? Be honest.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6437 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5910, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5905, buldermar wrote:
In post 5884, Nachomamma8 wrote:i was gonna jump in here and yell at you guys for the av lynch, but
looks like there were actual reasons. cool.
Can we expect of you to catch fully up once your V/LA is over?

my v/la is over.
you can't expect shit though.

this was supposed to be sarcasm, but occasionally powerlynching in this game is a thing and so I don't get to catch up on my own sweet time and in my normal way
hooray
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6438 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:48 am

Post by ActionDan »

we could use mehdi's kill to test Vifam's doc.

*idea*

I have 30min-1hour minimum to play this game daily from now till feb 4. It's depressing.

Also @S+R. I was onboard the paschle wagon, Once I processed your vote on post 435 I thought it was a great reason for paschle to be scum. You already know my meta tells as scum with regard to my buddies. I would never have mentioned Paschle more than in passing and certainly would never argue with Buldar as I did when it could be preceived that I was defending Paschle.

I would like to remind everyone that suspects S+R that the vote in 435 wasn't a bussing vote. It was voting for scum with a case for the right reasons.

Now how about we trust each other and both trust BT? Circle of townie friends.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6439 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 4792, Vifam wrote:But to be honest that's not much of a softclaim, anyone could have said that.

"it's not much of a softclaim"
do you deny that it was a softclaim?
no. they were obvious breadcrumbs. and you see this, but ignore it anyways.

In post 4837, Mehdi2277 wrote:And a SK who saves someone makes sense how? Or why claim the BP part then since I did it to help philla. The main thing is she is mod confirmed town to me and if she dies something else kill me.

I don't like that Medhi is bringing any of this up.

In post 4891, Maenara wrote:To elaborate, for those who haven't actually read homestuck, there's only one other person preaching about subjuggulators, this guy being Gamzee. I suspected Mehdi ever since he claimed vig, which is like the most obvious SK claim ever, and if you look back, you'll find that he suddenly started buddying up to me from the time I asked him to stop clowning around.

Why d'you all think I was trying to get him lynched earlier?

P-Edit: Because if I'd claimed miller earlier, you'd have lynched me and ended the day. Why out myself earlier? What are the chances of getting investigated by a cop in a 30-player game?

VOTE: Medhi

aaaand medhi is scum
done and done

In post 4903, buldermar wrote:
In post 4776, Nachomamma8 wrote:Deasvail:

I like the transparency in #372. It might be something that DeasVail as scum thought would be taken as a townie thing by the majority, but the timing is off for that sort of thing. I liked how he treated the buldermar situation; measuring up the scumclaim to others he's seen and backing off in the slow, paranoid way seemed distinctly townish to me. I liked the unexplained Cheery Dog town read since this is multiball and it would make him look like shit if he flipped scum, I liked how he treated buldermar and I arguing over calling him town (ignoring the message and scumhunting the people behind the message). #1370 was pretty baller, I liked that too. It wasn't really how people go about bussing their buddies. #2138 was actually considering malp's jailer claim and determining whether it was town or not and reached a conclusion in a way that wouldn't really get him any friends (i.e. calling his claiming process too incompetant to be a fakeclaim). Strong townread.
We all know that Deas is town (at least I hope so), and you've already pointed this out before, so why are you focusing on him?

was going through the playerlist so I would be able to strengthen my suspicions and actually be able to work with shit this game, but apparently i'm being forced to wing it

In post 4939, buldermar wrote:
In post 4901, Alduskkel wrote:If Mehdi is scum then why did he claim that Maenara was Damara, which is easily falsifiable?
Why the fuck have people overlooked this?

because he gets some bonus for kurloz surviving
so gave his fakeclaim to maenara in the hopes that maenara was third party/scum and would just go along with it

In post 5025, Sunshine and Rainbows wrote:Mehdi shoots Mae tonight as a utility kill.

this is fucking stupid
and i hope you have now realized why this is stupid

In post 5163, Vifam wrote:Holy shit a cult is actually plausible

No. Cult paranoia is useless and only serves as a detriment to town.

In post 5887, Sunshine and Rainbows wrote:so can we lynch mae today?

she's been scummy as hell all game
her end-of-d4 play was not townie at all
mehdi is obviously bullshitting us and won't shoot her
there's that "mehdi knows mae is scum" theory, and kurloz being limescum makes sense flavor-wise
it's a fucking miller claim

i don't think bumi was faking; slot has read town and robocopter's iso means he'd have planned the cop result way in advance

while avoiding lynching mehdi?
no thank you

and a bunch of bullshit
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6440 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Mehdi

There is no reason for Mehdi to live past today. Directing the kill of an SK is cool and all, but we don't know whether Medhi is SK or scum, and that information can be pretty useful for determining who we lynch next. Mehdi is scum because Mehdi claimed information that is wrong. Mehdi claimed that he, as Gamzee, knew that a player in the game was Damara Megido and thus town. This information was incorrect. Damara Megido is not in the game. There has been no actual actions taken by the moderator that implies they made a mistake (and it would be a pretty big mistake, no?). I realize that Mehdi killing all of those black scum for us was cool, but they were all black scum. He still might be green scum, and green scum is the priority. If he is not green scum, he is probably an SK.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6441 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

There is likely another black scum left. There was no reason for Sanjay to quickhammer unless his aim was to kill the powerrole that black scum had been trying to kill for his partner. This also makes Vifam essentially confirmed town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6442 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:02 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

If Mehdi flips Gamzee, green scum, Maenara is pretty much confirmed scum with her. Mehdi claiming Maenara is Megido and Maenara refuting this fact could be a gambit in order to get Mehdi killed so greenscum's kill can stop being redirected while Maenara comes out as likely town. Kurloz being completely innocent while Gamzee is working for Lord English doesn't really make sense. Maenara's flavor has her supposedly being confused for Gamzee and that makes her investigations return as guilty is strange, especially since she never batted an eyelash at Mehdi's claim. It also seems poor modding practice to make flavor that partially confirms a name as scum, so I doubt it's the case.

If Mehdi flips something else, green scum, I will be surprised, but Maenara will still follow as the next lynch. If Gamzee isn't in the game, Maenara's flavor makes even less sense and so Occam's razor to Maenara scum.

If Mehdi flips SK, will need to reanalyze, but Maenara isn't necessarily confirmed scum.

buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6443 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6437, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5910, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5905, buldermar wrote:
In post 5884, Nachomamma8 wrote:i was gonna jump in here and yell at you guys for the av lynch, but
looks like there were actual reasons. cool.
Can we expect of you to catch fully up once your V/LA is over?

my v/la is over.
you can't expect shit though.

this was supposed to be sarcasm, but occasionally powerlynching in this game is a thing and so I don't get to catch up on my own sweet time and in my normal way
hooray
Holy fuck are you still in the game?
j/k j/k
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6444 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:36 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6438, ActionDan wrote:we could use mehdi's kill to test Vifam's doc.
Brilliant! We should def. do this.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6445 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:41 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6442, Nachomamma8 wrote:If Mehdi flips Gamzee, green scum, Maenara is pretty much confirmed scum with her. Mehdi claiming Maenara is Megido and Maenara refuting this fact could be a gambit in order to get Mehdi killed so greenscum's kill can stop being redirected while Maenara comes out as likely town. Kurloz being completely innocent while Gamzee is working for Lord English doesn't really make sense. Maenara's flavor has her supposedly being confused for Gamzee and that makes her investigations return as guilty is strange, especially since she never batted an eyelash at Mehdi's claim. It also seems poor modding practice to make flavor that partially confirms a name as scum, so I doubt it's the case.

If Mehdi flips something else, green scum, I will be surprised, but Maenara will still follow as the next lynch. If Gamzee isn't in the game, Maenara's flavor makes even less sense and so Occam's razor to Maenara scum.

If Mehdi flips SK, will need to reanalyze, but Maenara isn't necessarily confirmed scum.
What do you think about using Mehdi to confirm Vifam before lynching him? The order of the lynches shouldn't matter enough to give up on an essentially free confirmation. We can lynch Mehdi tomorrow instead, no?
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6446 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:44 am

Post by buldermar »

Nacho, why is Maenara wanting Mehdi lynched so badly if they're scum partners? She could have gone along with Mehdi's gambit at no loss other than being tied with respect to his alignment.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6447 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6445, buldermar wrote:
In post 6442, Nachomamma8 wrote:If Mehdi flips Gamzee, green scum, Maenara is pretty much confirmed scum with her. Mehdi claiming Maenara is Megido and Maenara refuting this fact could be a gambit in order to get Mehdi killed so greenscum's kill can stop being redirected while Maenara comes out as likely town. Kurloz being completely innocent while Gamzee is working for Lord English doesn't really make sense. Maenara's flavor has her supposedly being confused for Gamzee and that makes her investigations return as guilty is strange, especially since she never batted an eyelash at Mehdi's claim. It also seems poor modding practice to make flavor that partially confirms a name as scum, so I doubt it's the case.

What do you think about using Mehdi to confirm Vifam before lynching him? The order of the lynches shouldn't matter enough to give up on an essentially free confirmation. We can lynch Mehdi tomorrow instead, no?

Vifam having a doctor doesn't confirm him. Mehdi flipping SK confirms Vifam more than Medhi claiming to shoot Vifam and Vifam surviving would. If Mehdi knows he will be lynched tomorrow and is scum, why would he help town? He wouldn't.

In post 6446, buldermar wrote:Nacho, why is Maenara wanting Mehdi lynched so badly if they're scum partners? She could have gone along with Mehdi's gambit at no loss other than being tied with respect to his alignment.

Looking at current flips, it seems likely to me that we're dealing with uneven scumteams. Green scum has crazy power so far and black scum really doesn't have anything comparable, which tells me that black scum is probably a big scumteam with a smaller greenteam. At this stage in the game, especially if Mehdi and Maenara were the last two green scum, a good hard bus would be a hell of a boon to the scumteam, especially when Mehdi is coming under a bit of pressure and it's possible he will be lynched; Maenara isn't going to be able to carry the scumteam alone unless she's stuck in a "yeah totally town pile", which probably isn't going to happen without some shenanigans going on.

buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6448 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:33 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6447, Nachomamma8 wrote:If Mehdi knows he will be lynched tomorrow and is scum, why would he help town? He wouldn't.
He's either SK or town or a 3rd party alignment that wins with town.
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6449 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:34 am

Post by Bumi »

Mehdi wouldn't do that since that means he will be lynched. Helping town he can pool support for his side.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”