buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6450 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:36 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6447, Nachomamma8 wrote:Looking at current flips, it seems likely to me that we're dealing with uneven scumteams. Green scum has crazy power so far and black scum really doesn't have anything comparable, which tells me that black scum is probably a big scumteam with a smaller greenteam. At this stage in the game, especially if Mehdi and Maenara were the last two green scum, a good hard bus would be a hell of a boon to the scumteam, especially when Mehdi is coming under a bit of pressure and it's possible he will be lynched; Maenara isn't going to be able to carry the scumteam alone unless she's stuck in a "yeah totally town pile", which probably isn't going to happen without some shenanigans going on.
The problem is that when Mehdi flips scum, that never confirms Maenara as town, no matter how heavily Maenara bussed Mehdi. Then how does the bus have any value?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6451 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6448, buldermar wrote:
In post 6447, Nachomamma8 wrote:If Mehdi knows he will be lynched tomorrow and is scum, why would he help town? He wouldn't.
He's either SK or town or a 3rd party alignment that wins with town.

It is impossible for Medhi to be town.
Medhi had information in his role PM stating that Maenara was Megido and was town. Maenara is not Megido, meaning Mehdi's role PM was either a lie (mods have confirmed no lying directly to players!), or Mehdi was lying and continues to lie. He tries to play it off as mod error, but no that's a bunch of bullshit. Maenara can't be scum if Mehdi is town because of Mehdi's own role PM. So either Maenara is trolling, which I seriously doubt, or Mehdi is scum and needs to die.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6450, buldermar wrote:
In post 6447, Nachomamma8 wrote:Looking at current flips, it seems likely to me that we're dealing with uneven scumteams. Green scum has crazy power so far and black scum really doesn't have anything comparable, which tells me that black scum is probably a big scumteam with a smaller greenteam. At this stage in the game, especially if Mehdi and Maenara were the last two green scum, a good hard bus would be a hell of a boon to the scumteam, especially when Mehdi is coming under a bit of pressure and it's possible he will be lynched; Maenara isn't going to be able to carry the scumteam alone unless she's stuck in a "yeah totally town pile", which probably isn't going to happen without some shenanigans going on.
The problem is that when Mehdi flips scum, that never confirms Maenara as town, no matter how heavily Maenara bussed Mehdi. Then how does the bus have any value?

Doesn't confirm, confirm, but it would put Maenara pretty solidly in the town pile. And if the town decides to go through PoE lynches for a while, this can leave Maenara in a pretty solid spot that's a far more realistic chance of winning than a Mehdi-Maenara scumteam would have if they tried to play as what would essentially be a lover pair.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6451, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 6447, Nachomamma8 wrote:If Mehdi knows he will be lynched tomorrow and is scum, why would he help town? He wouldn't.

Medhi had information in his role PM stating that Maenara was Megido and was town. Maenara is not Megido, meaning Mehdi's role PM was either a lie (mods have confirmed no lying directly to players!), or Mehdi was lying and continues to lie. He tries to play it off as mod error, but no that's a bunch of bullshit. Maenara can't be scum if Mehdi is town because of Mehdi's own role PM. So either Maenara is trolling, which I seriously doubt, or Mehdi is scum and needs to die.
Ok, I agree that Mehdi is 95%+ SK. Why do you oppose the idea of controlling his kills, though?
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:44 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 6452, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 6450, buldermar wrote:

Doesn't confirm, confirm, but it would put Maenara pretty solidly in the town pile. And if the town decides to go through PoE lynches for a while, this can leave Maenara in a pretty solid spot that's a far more realistic chance of winning than a Mehdi-Maenara scumteam would have if they tried to play as what would essentially be a lover pair.
That's not what's happening so that argument is backwards. What's happening currently is that both of Mehdi and Maenara are certainly getting lynched before LyLo unless Mehdi specifically flips town. In other words, their odds of winning both as individual players and as a team has decreased substantially because a) Mehdi tried to pull the gambit and b) Maenara didn't go for the gambit. Anyway, it's a WIFOM scenario that we disagree on.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Maenara »

Man fuck conspiracy theories.

In post 6438, ActionDan wrote:we could use mehdi's kill to test Vifam's doc.

This. This is very very good. We should do this. I'll postpone a Mehdi-lynch for that; we don't lose a day anyway, and we avoid the whole WIFOM of the "Do we lynch the claimed doc?" thing.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:55 am

Post by Bumi »

I mainly want to lynch DW so town will actually have something to analyze should we screw up many days in a row and he coasts his way to endgame.

I am for Mehdi testing Vifam's ability but we still don't know what the remaining scum have.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #6457 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:57 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 6456, Bumi wrote:I mainly want to lynch DW so town will actually have something to analyze should we screw up many days in a row and he coasts his way to endgame.

What kind of information would you get from my flip?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Bumi »

In post 6457, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 6456, Bumi wrote:I mainly want to lynch DW so town will actually have something to analyze should we screw up many days in a row and he coasts his way to endgame.

What kind of information would you get from my flip?

That's exactly why I want to lynch you.

There is no information around you and I really can't be arsed to read Torg's post considering the grammar.

Leaving you to endgame is prime for mislynch if you are town. I'd rather get you out of the way now.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Who do you think is scum?

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Bumi »

I honestly don't know. I don't have strong feelings towards anyone and I feel that pretty much 90% of the player list right now I have a town read.

Why are you so curious to know?

It is funny how you only respond once I start to apply pressure to you as well.

(ponders)
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:11 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I think you're trying to push a mislynch without actually taking a stance on it.

That would explain your logically contradictory positions. You complain that I don't give you anything to go on, then when I engage in a conversation with you, you try to twist that. Or, you could just be terrible town who doesn't recognize confirmation bias when they see it.

Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Maenara »

No, he's pretty much right.

You're doing fuck all and need to die.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6453, buldermar wrote:
In post 6451, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Ok, I agree that Mehdi is 95%+ SK. Why do you oppose the idea of controlling his kills, though?

We aren't controlling his kills. We're telling him to shoot people that he's okay with shooting anyways.

I am for Mehdi testing Vifam's ability but we still don't know what the remaining scum have.

Why are you for Mehdi testing Vifam's ability?

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:15 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 6462, Maenara wrote:No, he's pretty much right.

Bumi admits that he has no scum reads and has apparently given up on trying to find them. Why shouldn't he die?

Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6465 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:17 am

Post by Maenara »

Because he's been doing stuff in the game and is not scum.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6466 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:19 am

Post by DeltaWave »

So am I scum or not?

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6467 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I just noticed Bumi's join date, which could explain what he's doing here.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6468 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 6464, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 6462, Maenara wrote:No, he's pretty much right.

Bumi admits that he has no scum reads and has apparently given up on trying to find them. Why shouldn't he die?

What did you think about his claim?

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6469 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:30 am

Post by DeltaWave »

You mean the retarded gambit that got our watcher lynched?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6470 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

You call it a gambit. Was it a scum-motivated gambit or a town-motivated gambit? Why?

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6471 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:35 am

Post by DeltaWave »

It looks like a scum-motivated attempt to kill off a watcher. Now that I'm re-reading those posts it's very likely Bumi is black scum JOAT.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6472 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Do you think that he's telling the truth about his abilities or not?

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6473 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I don't know

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6474 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I asked for thoughts, not facts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”