jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:44 am

Post by jeck »

In post 863, Darthe wrote:Jeck why are you detracting from this? Dislike greatly,

Because I think its more likely that Ztife is scum than Sixx.

I had my vote on Ztife but he wasn't going to be lynch and I wanted some action so I changed my vote to my 2nd pick not because I wanted him lynched more than Ztife but just because of that something would happend into this endless boring game. People are not even defending themself here.
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 am

Post by jeck »

BirdAndBeast wrote:

Re Jeck:...hm. Im a little iffy on this in hindsight because Jeck is new and his posts are odd for language/being-new reasons. His reactions just seem like non-sequiturs to me. Like in post 807, his response to me saying he/Ztife are a team is to vote Sixx? I wasnt even voting Sixx? What inspired town Jeck to do that?

I guess this isn't adressed to me.
BirdAndBeast wrote:
Post 572 looks like bad posturing. He did all those quote stripes to justify keeping his vote on someone? And his responses hardly justify the effort of quote striping so hard. /nitpicking

lol.

BirdAndBeast wrote:
Post 521. The sentence about you being above me on the town read list is just bad. Why does the position of us on his townreads list matter so much? If we are reads 4/5, why does he go out of his way to make it known that YOU are actually the better townread? I know a lot of people wont see the significance in that, but it SHOULDNT be that important to a townie to make sure that all lists made are 100% accurate in every way and correct minor errors in them for reasons. It looks like posturing. Im a little hesitant because this could just be a being new or playstyle thing, but it is something I would never do as town.

BirdAndBeast wrote:
Post 517. His sentence about "Now that Thez is prob-town Im going to look on his wagon for scummies" is reallllly bad. Apparently Jeck thought Thez was scum for a while so IN HIS MIND it should make some sense for townies to want to be on the Thez wagon. After all, HE is town and HE thought Thez was scum for a spell. So HE should have reason to believe that other townies would vote Thez as well since there was apparently a compelling enough case for HIM to vote Thez. Yet now that he is reading town on Thez he is 180'ing and looking at Thez's wagon specifically for scum? Its an absolutely horrid way to scumhunt because

1. By his own world view, he should understand why townies are voting Thez
2. His theory that Thez is town / wagon is scum is dependent on Thez being town. Why is he suddenly so very sure of that that he is going to devote time to this pool?
3. Why look in this pool unless there is going to be more scum than average in it? If (1) is true (it should be for him), why would there necessarily be more scummies than normal on Thez?

No I thought thez was being town, but I thought he's more likely scum than the average player, however I thought and still thinks that wagon had more scum than average.

3. Because I think thez is town.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

All vote counts from page 31 on should now show Ztife's vote on the correct person.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 am

Post by njoseph »

9 votes on two people. I HATE IT, guys. HATE IT.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:46 am

Post by SlySly »

In post 878, njoseph wrote:9 votes on two people. I HATE IT, guys. HATE IT.

Well, you really only have 6 votes on you. The Sixx wagon is full of scum.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Edosurist »

@Nacho
Maybe my reasoning should lead me to a scum read on TML as opposed to a town one. Noted.

Re: jeck
That was an... interesting response to BB's post, namely the lack of response to anything, really. You quoted a lot, but didn't say much.

@BB
In post 870, BirdAndBeast wrote:
Post 517. His sentence about "Now that Thez is prob-town Im going to look on his wagon for scummies" is reallllly bad. Apparently Jeck thought Thez was scum for a while so IN HIS MIND it should make some sense for townies to want to be on the Thez wagon. After all, HE is town and HE thought Thez was scum for a spell. So HE should have reason to believe that other townies would vote Thez as well since there was apparently a compelling enough case for HIM to vote Thez. Yet now that he is reading town on Thez he is 180'ing and looking at Thez's wagon specifically for scum? Its an absolutely horrid way to scumhunt because

1. By his own world view, he should understand why townies are voting Thez
2. His theory that Thez is town / wagon is scum is dependent on Thez being town. Why is he suddenly so very sure of that that he is going to devote time to this pool?
3. Why look in this pool unless there is going to be more scum than average in it? If (1) is true (it should be for him), why would there necessarily be more scummies than normal on Thez?

This displeases me. Is this some made up reasoning? He said he wanted to look at who was on the thez wagon to find scum. Suggesting that this is scummy because town would also be on the wagon makes no sense to me. Yes, there has to be town on the wagon, but there was also likely scum trying to push the lynch through. Whether he followed up with pursuing those scum on the wagon is a different story, but it's not an anti-town thing to do.
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 880, Edosurist wrote:This displeases me. Is this some made up reasoning?

Jeck goes from a scum read on Thez to a sudden town read which is apparently strong enough that he thinks there MUST be a significant amount of scum on it?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.(jpeg)
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 880, Edosurist wrote:anti-town

I never said it was pro or anti town.

He made a statement about where he is going to look for town. That is neither pro nor anti town.

Its scummy because there is a huge amount of cogntitive dissonance here.

1. He believed that Thez was scum for a long time
2. He suddenly believes that the Thez wagon contains a lot of scum despite him being town and it being his fav wagon for a while?
3. ??? Lynch obvscum bullshit
4. Profit.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Errr look for scum. not town.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 872, Ztife wrote:
@Mod, I believe my vote count is wrong and it should be at Darth as in post 746

I want people to pay attention to this. It means he has been reading the thread but hasn't chosen to comment on anything worthwhile. Also note, he has been posting elsewhere on the site whereas in this thread he hasn't contributed anything beyond this and holiday wishes since three days ago.

In post 870, BirdAndBeast wrote:Post 517. His sentence about "Now that Thez is prob-town Im going to look on his wagon for scummies" is reallllly bad. Apparently Jeck thought Thez was scum for a while so IN HIS MIND it should make some sense for townies to want to be on the Thez wagon. After all, HE is town and HE thought Thez was scum for a spell. So HE should have reason to believe that other townies would vote Thez as well since there was apparently a compelling enough case for HIM to vote Thez. Yet now that he is reading town on Thez he is 180'ing and looking at Thez's wagon specifically for scum? Its an absolutely horrid way to scumhunt because

I totally didn't catch this when he did it. His turn around
really
shouldn't make sense from a town point of view. If you're town on a wagon you originally thought was scum, wouldn't it then logically follow to you that other town probably did the same thing as you? There is no reason for him to suddenly turn around and scrutinize the wagon like that specifically for that reasoning
versus
going back and seeing scummy things people have done outside and inside the wagon.

This part is specifically for Edo: There is bound to be scum on and off any wagon. So what? Your point doesn't counter crap all of what B&B said regarding his motivations.

In post 876, jeck wrote:No I thought thez was being town, but I thought he's more likely scum than the average player, however I thought and still thinks that wagon had more scum than average.

You voted for Thez based on the idea that you thought he was town but more likely to be scum? When I asked you why you thought he was scum you gave me reasoning. We also had a big back and forth about voting your scum read. You clearly thought he was scum. You also later provided a scum list. As well, all of this seems to be based on the idea you thought everyone was town but you essentially picked the less townie to go for, which isn't making sense to me based on all the stuff I just mentioned.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by njoseph »

Someone's voting for ArcAngel? Someone's voting for Librarian? singleton votes must go.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

Okay, Nacho. I’m going to go ahead and say –you have a good analysis on Sixx (whether I agree with it or not, of course, is different). So, let’s see if I can match that and reword my original post into a more… uhh… desirable (?) post.

Firstly, I’m going to address this because this will muddy up everything I do. I am being COMPLETELY honest in my thoughts with this quote. No bullshit.
In post 621, Sixx wrote:Clearly you guys want me to repeat myself over and over and over again, I am not going to do that to entertain you, its quite clear thats pointless. he fact of the matter is I'm surprised somebody has decided to include a reason for once so thank you, Baby, though it was a mistake and its more than difficult keeping up with the massive amounts of replacements that we've had just this day phase, I will admit this amount of replacements is much different than I'm used to even though I've been in larger games than this. Regardless, the votes people place are not guided by anything, people constantly claim obvscum and others claim obvtown when their is no form of obvbacking. I might as well entertain myself and claim obvtown as well. The oddest thing about these obvscum claims is that thezmon as well as myself are so obzscum that you guys cannot come up with a reason other than that.
I was in a very similar situation at the height of my wagon. I was just pissed at a lack of reasoning on my wagon, and then at the stances people took on “obvscum” (me at the time, Sixx at the time of this post) and “obvtown” (B&B and others). My biggest issue with this was that people so blindly followed the leader IME and then made empty claims about me and others.

So, what I am trying to say here, and I KNOW this is terrible, but I kind of emphasize with Sixx in this post. I am sorry, I just can't help it. I did not see this nearly as scummy because I was in the same position and know how it felt in this game to be in such a situation. You know that we come from a different site together, and on that site we have people who don’t sheep nearly as much and will more readily offer actual reasoning for a vote.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, let’s continue.

In post 97, Sixx wrote:Honestly thez I don't need anybody to ask why I have votes on me, it is what it is and thats my basic reaction to any D1 situation. What bugs me right now is that you are curious to his reasons to me. Don't latch onto me, we might play together somewhere else but I'll still lynch you well before you get the chance to buddy-buddy and kill me. Same goes for how B&B is latching onto Mastin with the obvtown. Am I going to make a deal about it at all? no. Why? because its D1 and I'm considered new to them so c'est la vie.
I give him +1 here for getting on my tail for the apparent buddying (though it was more of an analysis of a vote than a buddying attempt) of me to him. I’m also going to be honest here – saying c’est la vie (which is French for “that’s life” if you didn’t know) is kind of normal for him and he’s generally a more mellow player, especially earlier in the games.

In post 158, Sixx wrote:I see Rogers post more so as lack of experience than him being scummy although his posts do seem to lack the basics of the game, he has said it was his first and unless your objective is plausibly eliminate him from continuing to play on the site, I don't see a reason to D1 lynch him. Simple as that.
This right here seems more town-motivated to me than a lot of the reasons going into the wagon on Roger.

In post 339, Sixx wrote:Care to elaborate? I've made note of this post as well but to be frank, I do not see you possibly having the same notices as I did with this simply based on the play-time that I've had with thez over you. I'm used to people (moreso than Heather at least) not supplying full in-depth reasons for their votes but it leaves holes in the following day(s) so far the only reasons that I've seen today at all that I nor anybody else can POSSIBLY argue with is obvscum... I mean clearly you have MSI and that would be unarguable.
More a comment than analysis of his posts – This is probably the same position I’m in. I’ve played with Sixx for… the better part of two years now so I notice things differently from you which will probably help explain for you why I may think some things aren’t scummy that you find scummy, just like the sheeping incident.
In post 372, Sixx wrote:Thank you for the reply Dumbledore, but unless thez is played completely different than he usually does thats no more scummy then when he plays pro town cop.
This kind of goes hand-in-hand with the prior comment. A bit about our site – we DO use a fair amount of meta in our reads (which is why I’m generally successful when playing mafia over there as I have… over a 90% success rate).

In post 519, Sixx wrote:you're not scum hunting, you're simply trying to follow up on this old BW and do not seem to understand why people are moving away from it. If you added something that was "new" to the thez bw topic then sure, go ahead and pile all of the previously mentioned things up on it with your new reasons as well but you simply are using what other people have said and apparently have not seen the replies.
While I kind of disagree with the hypocrisy here, I do agree on the aspect of novelty, as I believe I commented in a post at the time.

In post 611, Sixx wrote:Sure, I'd agree with you if he had decided to add Ztife onto his scum list, he did not.
There was a comment about this, and I’d like to mention that he did not actually put camo on the scum list, but rather implied it was a PL.
In post 606, Sixx wrote:UNVOTE: Ztife
VOTE: Darthe how the hell are you going to say somebody's unquestionably scum and not place a vote? it just makes no god damn sense.
This does seem like a bit of BS, but I do understand where he comes from. Darthe almost said Sora was obvscum, but votes a policy lynch which IS somewhat nonsensical.
In post 623, Sixx wrote:& then thez goes from being so obvscum to being town... your guys' claims are a joke at best.
An add on to the previous comment, he’s obviously rather pissed at the voting, though this is a bit over the top.

So, after that, I went on and explained why I felt the wagon was a terrible wagon, and you can find that in my prior post about Sixx as I do not feel the need to rehash it, but I am going to make an analysis statement.

In relation to the first comment, I feel that maybe I am relying a bit too much on the meta, but I feel a null at best from Sixx. Could he be more engaged? Sure, but he usually isn’t that engaged D1 whether mafia or town. I do feel that it leans slightly town due to his frustration with where the votes and reads of some people headed, especially when the wagon was piled onto me.

Satisfactory, Nacho? And also, thank you for your analysis.

Expect another post shortly which involves less Sixx.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

@Bumi: Seriously, just replace out… Don’t self-vote.

In post 862, jeck wrote:Seems like there's not going to be a lynch on Sixx after all, I'll go back to Ztife now and hope that more people come.
I will never lynch nsjoseph when we've so much better alternatives.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ZTife
-1 townie point. If he’s town, you’re distancing yourself from the lynch so you could say, “Hey! YOU lynched him, not me!” If he’s scum, you’re just distancing.

In post 864, ArcAngel9 wrote:My vote on Thez is no longer going to do any good. so,
UNVOTE

since there is clear division in voting for Sixx and Njoseph. I would appreciate if anyone who could list out the major reasons of their vote.
After this post, Nacho and I have posted why we believe Sixx either is or isn’t mafia, so can you please choose a wagon? Thank you. :] [/does not mean to be rude if perceived that way, FYI]

In post 867, Bumi wrote:I thought that Sixx was town for her/his reaction to Thez about the buddying.
Why mention this if you’re going to vote for him?

In post 868, njoseph wrote:Voting Ztife now will shift people down in my thinking by default.
What if it was off of your wagon?

In post 880, Edosurist wrote:This displeases me. Is this some made up reasoning?
I saw the reasoning so I don't know what you're missing.

In post 876, jeck wrote:No I thought thez was being town, but I thought he's more likely scum than the average player, however I thought and still thinks that wagon had more scum than average.
You voted me because you thought I was town, but that I was more likely to be scum than others… So does that mean you have no scum reads? Or that townies are scum?

@Sixx: Can you please post your reads and maybe a sentence or two briefly explaining the stronger (non null) ones?
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

@StrangerCoug: Can you prod PMysterious back in here? (S)he has been on the site, but has not posted in this thread in 5+ days.
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Thez, read on Edo?
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by njoseph »

@thez, I guess votes off of me would make a Ztife lynch survivable i.m.o --.>Anyone lynch >>>>> my lynch
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

@B&B: I'd say a weak scum read for two specific posts:
In post 688, Edosurist wrote:And please, NJ. Please look more pro-town :|
If nj’s scum, then this… is just terrible. If nj flips town, however, then this post should be disregarded, so that’s why this is weak, because it is strictly based on nj’s flip.

In post 880, Edosurist wrote:This displeases me. Is this some made up reasoning? He said he wanted to look at who was on the thez wagon to find scum. Suggesting that this is scummy because town would also be on the wagon makes no sense to me. Yes, there has to be town on the wagon, but there was also likely scum trying to push the lynch through. Whether he followed up with pursuing those scum on the wagon is a different story, but it's not an anti-town thing to do.
This post also. Seems like another buddying attempt. If jeck turns up mafia, then this post should get a few more looks. If town, a few less.

That’s why it’s weak, because it’s buddying which can either define two partners or just someone who sees something a different way (eh, bad way of describing that).
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Jal »

Eh. I mainly don't like the way how he basically called Lurker out for his horrible post and then proceeded to defend him.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 888, thezmon221 wrote:
@StrangerCoug: Can you prod PMysterious back in here? (S)he has been on the site, but has not posted in this thread in 5+ days.

Prodding him and The Mini-Librarian.

thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

Thank you SC

@Jal: I just felt the slight bit of interaction was... strange. It just seemed to me like a scum who's worried about his buddy's appearance, but that perhaps the mafia is restricted to Night Talk and he needed to get it out somehow and then he took flak because we noticed it.
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

Bah.

Just got prodded. Don't really have anything to say right now though.

hmmmm. :/
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

A Ztife vote would be a
novel
idea.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 894, thezmon221 wrote:
Thank you SC

@Jal: I just felt the slight bit of interaction was... strange. It just seemed to me like a scum who's worried about his buddy's appearance, but that perhaps the mafia is restricted to Night Talk and he needed to get it out somehow and then he took flak because we noticed it.

No no no I don't disagree with you. It was definitely odd. I can see how they could be partners. I was just adding my bit.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by njoseph »

In post 892, Jal wrote:Eh. I mainly don't like the way how he basically called Lurker out for his horrible post and then proceeded to defend him.

Am I missing out if I don't know who "Lurker" is?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

ArcAngel9 (1): SlySly
Bumi (1): PeregrineV
Darthe (1): Ztife
njoseph (6): Aj The Epic, nhammen, thezmon221, Idiotking, The Mini-Librarian, Sixx
Sixx (9): Albus Dumbledore, Parama, Nachomamma8, njoseph, killerjester, Edosurist, Baby Spice, Darthe, Bumi
The Mini-Librarian (1): Robert2424
Ztife (3): Jal, BirdAndBeast, jeck
Not voting (3): PMysterious, JacobSavage, ArcAngel9

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-01-13 00:00:00).

In post 894, thezmon221 wrote:
Thank you SC

You're welcome.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”