Gay Mafia II: RIDE THE LIGHTNING (Game Over)

Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Wyrd »

In post 2674, Nuwen wrote:
In post 2634, DeltaWave wrote:My flavor is that I'm literally God and I have a Zune that contains seventeen Elton John songs. I can force one person to listen to a song each night.

N1: Targeted Ythan with "I Feel Like a Bullet (In the Gun of Robert Ford)" because it sounded like it would kill him. I got no indication of what happened. There's a possibility this did the governor thing next day but I'm not sure.
N2: Targeted Wyrd with "Postcards from Richard Nixon." This was a watch ability. Nobody visited him.

N3: Targeted The Butt On Men with "Your Song." I don't know what this did.

this is the only thing I disbelieve. I am 99.999999999999999999 and more percent sure Bella targeted us with a bodyguard N2 because ~reasons~.

considering SBC claimed D1 and hasn't really given us jack shit results I assumed he was just lying/joking because hurrdurr, but it looks like he's committed to the claim without having anything really prepared for the thread. not sure how to read this; imo a scum fakeclaim would be prepared and READY but it could also be in response to parsing through already-claimed actions to figure out something workable.

Fate is right about DGB, imo. Look at her response to Delta's claim:

In post 2665, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2634, DeltaWave wrote:My flavor is that I'm literally God and I have a Zune that contains seventeen Elton John songs. I can force one person to listen to a song each night.

N1: Targeted Ythan with "I Feel Like a Bullet (In the Gun of Robert Ford)" because it sounded like it would kill him. I got no indication of what happened. There's a possibility this did the governor thing next day but I'm not sure.
N2: Targeted Wyrd with "Postcards from Richard Nixon." This was a watch ability. Nobody visited him.

I believe
this
guy. It's a counterclaim with complete and believable results.

We don't have two Dreaming Gods.

And I don't believe
that
guy.

SPB

The timing here is just weird, because Delta's claim isn't a reason to vote the other god imo. I mean, the FIRST thing
I
thought of when I read this claim was delta's earlier "I got nothing" post today:

In post 2559, DeltaWave wrote:i got nothing

i.e. no action resolutions that clear things up. But then...

In post 2665, DrippingGoofball wrote:

this turns into "well I might have been responsible for the thing that == extra night phase and a delayed lynch on scum and I can also correct the running assumption that Bella BG'd Wyrd!" I dunno. To me, that reads as inconsistent and is MORE of a reason to disbelieve Deltawave to me. DGB instead quotes & uses it as an excuse to vote sleepy while not noticing the inconsistency?

sleepybois should claim out.
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Sir Elton Hercules John »

T
h
e
M
i
n
i
-
L
i
b
r
a
r
i
a
n
-

D
e
l
t
a
W
a
v
e
-

I
e
c
e
r
i
n
t
-

z
o
r
a
s
t
e
r
-

S
l
u
m
b
e
r
p
a
r
t
y
b
o
i
s
-
(
D
r
i
p
p
i
n
g
G
o
o
f
b
a
l
l
)

T
h
e
B
u
t
t
o
n
m
e
n
-

W
y
r
d
-

d
r
a
m
o
n
i
c
-

Z
o
i
d
b
e
r
g
-

v
o
l
l
k
a
n
-

K
a
w
a
i
i
-

P
r
e
t
e
n
t
i
o
u
s
d
r
a
-

B
T
-

T
h
e
T
r
o
l
l
i
e
-

D
r
i
p
p
i
n
g
G
o
o
f
b
a
l
l
-
(
S
l
u
m
b
e
r
p
a
r
t
y
b
o
i
s
)

N
o
t
V
o
t
i
n
g
-
(
T
h
e
M
i
n
i
-
L
i
b
r
a
r
i
a
n
D
e
l
t
a
W
a
v
e
I
e
c
e
r
i
n
t
z
o
r
a
s
t
e
r
T
h
e
B
u
t
t
o
n
m
e
n
W
y
r
d
d
r
a
m
o
n
i
c
Z
o
i
d
b
e
r
g
v
o
l
l
k
a
n
K
a
w
a
i
i
P
r
e
t
e
n
t
i
o
u
s
d
r
a
B
T
T
h
e
T
r
o
l
l
i
e
)

a
l
i
v
e
T
a
k
e
s
t
o
l
y
n
c
h
d
e
a
l
w
i
t
h
i
t
Last edited by Sir Elton Hercules John on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretentiousdra
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Pretentiousdra »

no it doesn't nuwen. (referring to the 'inconsistency' wrt delta's claim mentioned above.)

context nuwen.

If you have role reasons for believing Bella did visit you, then say so. That would directly contradict Deltawave. If you have only speculation then can it.

TheTrollie wrote:
In post 2664, SlumberPartyBois wrote:im inclined to believe deltawave at this point. his reaction and the previous crumb make sense to me as genuine. so we have two town dreaming gods.

btw youre retarded if you think i claimed dreaming god d1 unprovoked as a fakeclaim. no fucking way in hell would i want my hands tied by a claim like that as scum if i could avoid it.

this is not scum

it might be. Could be SK fake claim
Dei sub numine viget
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Wyrd:

1. Nobody visited you on N2. That's a fact. You should examine why you think you were bodyguarded. If this is because of something someone told you in the hydra QT, then they are lying.

2. I said "i got nothing" in response to P-dra's post 2257, in which he asked if anyone wants to claim anything in regards to his cop investigation. Not sure why you see an inconsistency here. The only reason I claimed when I did was to counter-claim SPB. It would have served no purpose for me to mention that I might have caused the Ythan thing, since it's over and done with. Similarly, there was no pressing reason to deal with the BG theory.

3. I highly doubt that there are two dreaming gods in this game. Either way, if I was scum, it would be stupid for me to counter-claim SPB. I wouldn't fake a counter-claim just to take out a dreaming god and die the next day as obvscum.

4. One more thing: he's claiming to have a watcher ability, you really think there are two dreaming gods with the ability to watch in this game? That could potentially bust the game wide open in a big way.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:17 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Also, I actually do have 17 abilities. I counted wrong.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 am

Post by zoraster »

I can confirm that DeltaWave is what he says he is (assuming no CC), though I have no information as to his alignment.

VOTE: SPB
Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:29 am

Post by Wyrd »

In post 2677, Pretentiousdra wrote:no it doesn't nuwen. (referring to the 'inconsistency' wrt delta's claim mentioned above.)

context nuwen.

If you have role reasons for believing Bella did visit you, then say so. That would directly contradict Deltawave. If you have only speculation then can it.

Context my ass. We received a golden girls youtube clip from the mod N2. Something definitely affected us and triggered the video, and I'm going to go out on a MAJOR LIMB and say it was BETTY WHITE. At the very least the whole NOTHING VISITED YOU is probably bullshit.

Zoraster: explain
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:39 am

Post by zoraster »

Role information that confirms the existence of God. I'm Lucifer, and I'm a hated townie. I have the power of forbidden knowledge (i.e. i can target one other player who will learn the alignment of one other player). That's the power I used on Om Nom. I didn't realize it would confirm
me
as town, which is why I immediately said something on the start of the Day so Om Nom would know that I was the one that sent it to him.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:40 am

Post by DeltaWave »

It's possible that some bus driving happened on N2. My response PM said my target wasn't visited, not that Wyrd wasn't visited.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:41 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Also, didn't see the votes were reset.

VOTE: SPB

Pretentiousdra
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 am

Post by Pretentiousdra »

ok let's go with bus-driving / redirecting theory.

I really don't want to believe we are a secret paranoid cop.

And I do believe Delta is town from play combined with claimed role.

So.

busdriver/redirector + roleblocker is pretty fucking strong. not to mention the bookie. So I believe we're looking at 4 scum + SK. (with possible scum governor).

Delta was pretty obviously a PR from Day 1. Ythan at least would have known. It's possible Ythan thought Delta was an inventor given what happened + the crumb (that's what I thought Delta was anyway). So I lean that scum redirected Delta N2 to one of their own. Fate getting busdriven seems useless from a scum perspective. Thus I believe our cop was redirected to a scum to try to frame. I'll assume bella protected Fate/Nuwen and he was shot at by scum imo. Quil looks like an SK kill. Honestly the flavor indicates Quil shooting Om (for whatever reason) instead of JS.

This makes sense. Matt/Kayne could also be a God. Although Zoraster does your Pm specify precisely one Dreaming God, or is more than one possible.
Dei sub numine viget
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:02 am

Post by DeltaWave »

It sounds like Zoraster is saying that my flavor is plausible because he's Lucifer. Being Lucifer would imply God is also in the game etc etc

Also, apparently God is a lawyer due to the Esq. suffix on my role name. My character was also a lawyer in Gay Mafia 1 (Shirley Phelps-Roper) so I chalk this up to Reck being cheeky.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:07 am

Post by zoraster »

It doesn't specifically say THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD, but it only refers to one God.

P-edit: Delta, it specifically refers to God in the flavor. It says God owes me, but unfortunately God ruined my reputation.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 am

Post by Nuwen »

In post 1696, DeltaWave wrote:I'm in the process of reviewing that hydra QT. As of right now, it does look like they manufactured the case against Wyrd.

ehh critical eye here says Deltawave saw the dreaming god claim in the QT... and then didn't touch sleepybois at all until today? that's not what i'd expect. even if delta were more interested in guarding his role as town, you'd think the reaction to another god would have been the same THEN as it is now. didn't really come up until delta arrived with a prepared claim/flavor in the thread today. recent LOOK AT ALL THIS FLAVOR CONNECTIONS p much reinforces my idea that today's move is something prepped in advance vs. town claiming bits and pieces at a time.

i'll parse the possible actions with a redirector/busdriver, but I'll also throw this out there:
an SK and a small, powerful scum team
is a swingy force in 24p. I'd buy more goons over more THIS POSSIBLE ROLE EXPLAINS WHY I'M LYING.

did i miss where you got an inverted cop result on something?
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 am

Post by Wyrd »

In post 2688, Nuwen wrote:
In post 1696, DeltaWave wrote:I'm in the process of reviewing that hydra QT. As of right now, it does look like they manufactured the case against Wyrd.

ehh critical eye here says Deltawave saw the dreaming god claim in the QT... and then didn't touch sleepybois at all until today? that's not what i'd expect. even if delta were more interested in guarding his role as town, you'd think the reaction to another god would have been the same THEN as it is now. didn't really come up until delta arrived with a prepared claim/flavor in the thread today. recent LOOK AT ALL THIS FLAVOR CONNECTIONS p much reinforces my idea that today's move is something prepped in advance vs. town claiming bits and pieces at a time.

i'll parse the possible actions with a redirector/busdriver, but I'll also throw this out there:
is a swingy force in 24p. I'd buy more goons over more THIS POSSIBLE ROLE EXPLAINS WHY I'M LYING.

Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 am

Post by Wyrd »

In post 2688, Nuwen wrote:

TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 am

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 2674, Nuwen wrote:
considering SBC claimed D1 and hasn't really given us jack shit results I assumed he was just lying/joking because hurrdurr, but it looks like he's committed to the claim without having anything really prepared for the thread. not sure how to read this; imo a scum fakeclaim would be prepared and READY but it could also be in response to parsing through already-claimed actions to figure out something workable.

this is true except that Matt and Kanye both went AWOL for a while. I can see them being so disinterested that they just forgot about their derpclaim or forgot to follow it up.

At the same time, I currently believe SPBz claim. I think...wait a sec...

In post 2682, zoraster wrote:Role information that confirms the existence of God. I'm Lucifer, and I'm a hated townie. I have the power of forbidden knowledge (i.e. i can target one other player who will learn the alignment of one other player). That's the power I used on Om Nom. I didn't realize it would confirm
me
as town, which is why I immediately said something on the start of the Day so Om Nom would know that I was the one that sent it to him.

If Lucifer is town, I'd guess God is scum. All gayz go to hell--God must be straight.
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:10 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I didn't catch the dreaming god claim when I first read the QT. I did a ctrl+f search on "Wyrd" to see what people were talking about in the QT. I thought the rest was noise.

Pretentiousdra
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Pretentiousdra »

I'd also believe Delta's role considering Button's is claiming he got the song from Delta last night.

JUST SAYING.
Dei sub numine viget
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:13 am

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 2692, DeltaWave wrote:I didn't catch the dreaming god claim when I first read the QT. I did a ctrl+f search on "Wyrd" to see what people were talking about in the QT. I thought the rest was noise.

this pans out:
In post 2588, DeltaWave wrote:wait when did spb claim watcher?

In post 2591, DeltaWave wrote:lol really spb?

In post 2592, DeltaWave wrote:did this go down in the hydra qt or did I miss something?
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 2662, SlumberPartyBois wrote:hey dram youre an idiot if you cant figure out why my claim of the watcher was not complete. heres a hint: i dont want to confirm whether or not there is a doctor who targeted pdra. if you cant see how claiming that information would be pretty dang beneficial to scum then ???

Yeah okay, you're an idiot.
You could say "another person targetted Phydra" in a case like that without revealing anything.
And I'm quite obviously referring to your lack of N1 and N3 results until getting wagonned.
You have absolutely zero town motivation <_<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:19 am

Post by DeltaWave »

SPB doesn't want to claim any additional visitors because all he knows for sure is that Ythan visited P-Dra, given that they're on the same team. If he tries to guess, he'll more than likely be wrong. SPB obviously didn't expect to be counter-claimed here. He probably thought that given his claim in the hydra QT, he'd be safe from that. Well, he underestimated my ability to ignore large walls of text and now it cost him.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 am

Post by dramonic »

ftr he's at L-2 now.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Pretentiousdra
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 am

Post by Pretentiousdra »

In post 2696, DeltaWave wrote:SPB doesn't want to claim any additional visitors because all he knows for sure is that Ythan visited P-Dra, given that they're on the same team. If he tries to guess, he'll more than likely be wrong. SPB obviously didn't expect to be counter-claimed here. He probably thought that given his claim in the hydra QT, he'd be safe from that. Well, he underestimated my ability to ignore large walls of text and now it cost him.

nah, it was going to go public eventually. He'd always have to figure on the possibility of a cc from anyone.

VOTE: DGB

I say to bypass all this and Vote DGB.
Dei sub numine viget
Pretentiousdra
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Pretentiousdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:24 am

Post by Pretentiousdra »

L-4 for DGB.