thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:39 am

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 1572, Jal wrote:Actually, Jeck might fit that bill since he was on and off the Ztife wagon and went back on it again once Sixx claimed and people moved.
I wasn't too sure about him because he did have his vote on Ztife for a lot of the time, and then switched over to Sixx to get a lynch. However, within 24 hours he switched back to Ztife, His slot overall strikes me as sort of scum, though.

PEDIT:
LlamaFluff wrote:Ten pages of skimming and I want Heather, JF and thez dead. First time in a bit actually ending with more scum than town reads early.

Will get at least halfway done today, but dealing with the fact that someone stole my car last night (literally, nothing game related) so I need to figure some stuff out before work tomorrow due to that.
Heather and JF replaced out, just an FYI. I'm pretty sure over half of the game has at this point, which annoys me to hell because I can't keep track of it anymore and it basically nullifies half of the day.

Glad to see you're making a decent amount of progress, though.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Aj The Epic (1): Bumi
Bumi (3): Darthe, PeregrineV, njoseph
jmj3000 (1): killerjester
njoseph (2): thezmon221, Albus Dumbledore
SlySly (2): LlamaFluff, ArcAngel9
thezmon221 (1): jmj3000
The Mini-Librarian (5): Edosurist, Nachomamma8, Jal, BirdAndBeast, JacobSavage
Ztife (4): Baby Spice, Aj The Epic, The Mini-Librarian, PMysterious
Not voting (5): UVApe, nhammen, Ztife, SlySly, curiouskarmadog

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.

In post 1574, LlamaFluff wrote:Will get at least halfway done today, but dealing with the fact that someone stole my car last night (literally, nothing game related) so I need to figure some stuff out before work tomorrow due to that.

That ought to suck >< I hope you get it back soon.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:29 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Little over a third through

Here come to town reads...

Arc, Nacho, BAB, RT and PM are all town.

Whoever JF is should be dying still. JF is more obviously town when he is town. Jal and JS are also great votes. Maybe AJ, NJ and thez.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Baby Spice »

I was re-reading various bits of the game when I noticed something.

In post 1098, StrangerCoug wrote:
Sixx, who was
James Donahue, the driver of a 1993 Ford Mustang SSP and an NYPD Mafia jailkeeper

Sixx was extremely reluctant to claim his car, despite being asked several times. He made excuses along the lines of it wouldn't matter.
So I went and wikipedia'd it.
The 1993 Mustang SSP was a special edition made by Ford for the California Highway Patrol. It was a pure cop car.

So I'm wondering if the mafia have no safe claims.

Generally, SC large theme games that could use a fake claim for scum have had them, so this would be atypical.
SC large theme's are usually single scum, but blue indicates multiball so this would be atypical.
SC large themes usually have post restrictions, so this also appears atypical.

Which brings me to Ztife's claim of driving a Honda Prelude.
Not exactly a street racing machine.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Read up to flip

So after Sixx flip can someone provide REALLY good reasoning as to why AJ or PV (JF) are not being lynched? PV in particular? I mean, I refuse to vig and I would be really tempted to kill him here.

@Nacho - Give me the MLB case.
Co-host of The USL Show
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 1579, LlamaFluff wrote:So after Sixx flip can someone provide REALLY good reasoning as to why AJ or PV (JF) are not being lynched? PV in particular? I mean, I refuse to vig and I would be really tempted to kill him here.
How about INSTEAD, you explain why you think they're scummy?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1578, Baby Spice wrote:I was re-reading various bits of the game when I noticed something.

In post 1098, StrangerCoug wrote:
Sixx, who was
James Donahue, the driver of a 1993 Ford Mustang SSP and an NYPD Mafia jailkeeper

Sixx was extremely reluctant to claim his car, despite being asked several times. He made excuses along the lines of it wouldn't matter.
So I went and wikipedia'd it.
The 1993 Mustang SSP was a special edition made by Ford for the California Highway Patrol. It was a pure cop car.

So I'm wondering if the mafia have no safe claims.

Generally, SC large theme games that could use a fake claim for scum have had them, so this would be atypical.
SC large theme's are usually single scum, but blue indicates multiball so this would be atypical.
SC large themes usually have post restrictions, so this also appears atypical.

Which brings me to Ztife's claim of driving a Honda Prelude.
Not exactly a street racing machine.

Well, your first issue is there are thousands of different car makes and models, and only 24 people remaining.

What's the logic on TML wagon? I mean, I haven't been a huge fan, but I'd probably rather go after Darthe.

Which, since Zstife apparently is being left for dead,
Vote:Darthe

Outing yourself as a neighbor was not smart, to say the least. It's a fairly decent role, given if you can recruit. I highly doubt you had ANY talk with Bumi to begin with. You came and said that Bumi was defending Bam, but Bumi tells that you don't have day talk. Then, never do you produce any place where Bumi is defending Bam, which makes you a liar in my eyes. I don't personally remember Bumi defending bam.

Secondly, I've seen you very happy to support mindless sheeping. Basically screaming at people to vote one way or another. You're sitting on a wagon with someone who is at least a VI, if not scum, and another player who I've yet to read. In under 100 posts, Bumi went from town to probably scum. 729: Pot, meet Kettle. 758: Obvious sheeping... Sure, he voted, but I really don't see why in his iso. States Sixx is scum and tells him to shut up... I honestly don't see why he's voting for Bumi over CKD. CKD is his only real built case, yet he's on Bumi. It's rather odd and so far, I have yet to see a reason for any of his votes (Since he hasn't voted for CKD...)
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 1580, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 1579, LlamaFluff wrote:So after Sixx flip can someone provide REALLY good reasoning as to why AJ or PV (JF) are not being lynched? PV in particular? I mean, I refuse to vig and I would be really tempted to kill him here.

Or I can make comments like that to get others looking at alternatives while I complete my catchup and possibly get commentary to see how and why my reads differ so greatly especially in context of the flip from Sixx which really compounds a PV-scum read.

You ignored my commentary though - are you calling those two town or are you just trying to avoid commenting on them and trying to discredit me while im catching up instead?
Co-host of The USL Show
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

Just an FYI for others, "Bam" is Sixx.

I'll go and check the posts since Aj decided not to quote them *sneer*

LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 1580, thezmon221 wrote:

Or I can make comments like that to get others looking at alternatives while I complete my catchup and possibly get commentary to see how and why my reads differ so greatly especially in context of the flip from Sixx which really compounds a PV-scum read.

You ignored my commentary though - are you calling those two town or are you just trying to avoid commenting on them and trying to discredit me while im catching up instead?
Well, with that post I'm not calling them town or scum. It just struck me as strange that you wanted someone to give you a case for why a person is scummy in an instance where the other players obviously thought either:

A) They are town.
B) They are null.
C) They aren't scummy enough to merit the vote.

Personally? I don't have a real opinion on PV; he's barely posted much, so the lurking itself strikes me as kind of scummy, but that would fall under choice C. Aj, on the other hand, I see as *slight* town (primarily based on meta). I'd like to see less redundancy, which B&B pointed out, and more original content.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

@Aj: Just checked the posts by Darthe. I feel that your case lacks a true foundation and that you need to expand on it. It's pretty weak at the moment and you only really mentioned 2 of his 30 (?) posts. Also don't think that strictly what you mentioned really merits a vote, seems to me like you're pulling strings here.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

No, I only mentioned a few posts but referenced a couple more (CKD case and the claim, for example). I want to see his thoughts right now. To be honest, out of 23 players I could vote for, I'm picking my brain for who fits where. Darthe comes up as one of the loose ends right now. Attacking a neighbor isn't a day 1 move that town generally does, especially before ever talking to his partner. Then, he just goes ahead and role claims. No trying to solve this subtly, just the claim.

And let's face it, Darthe hasn't given his stance. What I'm looking for is the ones who have been voting on major wagons, but simply sheeping. I really want to look at JS because I think his play is incredibly stupid, but I think that may be more of a VI. Even with Darthe, the motive for how you play each individual role as town doesn't seem to be there. You're a neighbor, haven't talked with your partner yet, claim he defended scum, and then basically outed yourself. How does town go about the same situation, even saying Bumi DID defend Sixx? Maybe build a case, probably ask Bumi specifically about specific posts. Present certain questions. A neighbor between someone you can verify as pro-town is a double vote, someone who will support you, and possibly someone who can help you develop reads. Yet he claims? Why? It's almost as if Darthe is trying to use his claim as leverage to get a lynch.

The issue I still see is why does Darthe end up pushing so hard if he IS scum? I could see the WIFOM of "Led the town wagon, no reason to do so" ideology, but it is something rare to see in mafia, especially to get a simple lynch. Unless one of the current wagons was a scum partner. I believe this last part is untrue, because we do know Darthe voted for Zstife. The reasoning was shaky, so it could be a distancing tactic. His first post has Zstife as scummy. In the end, I need answers on this slot. To me, he's the most suspicious because I currently am going under the assumption NJ is VI.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 1583, thezmon221 wrote:Well, with that post I'm not calling them town or scum. It just struck me as strange that you wanted someone to give you a case for why a person is scummy in an instance where the other players obviously thought either:

A) They are town.
B) They are null.
C) They aren't scummy enough to merit the vote.

Nacho is one of the only players in this game I at all recognize/trust, really rare for me to have played with this few in a game and apart from Nacho (lesser extent CKD, Parama, BS) I dont really recognize anyone as a player who could be called decent and only recoginze about half the game.

Got to the neighbor claim (null tell for Bumi, town for Darth, scum for the ones that pile on)

Im just going to

Vote PV

At this point because I dont see me voting someone else outside of something big happening in those last dozen-ish pages.
Co-host of The USL Show
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Llama, you
ARE
Parama.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 1587, Edosurist wrote:Llama, you
ARE
Parama.

Thats why this game is a bit more frustrating due to lack of trustable reads at face value.
Co-host of The USL Show
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 1581, Aj The Epic wrote: CKD is his only real built case, yet he's on Bumi. It's rather odd and so far, I have yet to see a reason for any of his votes (Since he hasn't voted for CKD...)

maybe I missed it, what was darthe's case?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

also Llama, you wound me, I am not a recognized decent player....

blah...

well, here is something you should review.

In post 1135, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1042, killerjester wrote:ckd why aren't you voting

vote killerjester.

I dont like how you were urging me to vote. all the time you had your vote on Sixx, I specifically asked for people to provide reasons to vote for "your" guy. Sixx and Ztife were leading wagons here. Instead of giving me a case on "someone you thought was scum (sixx)" you just asked why I wasnt voting. were you trying to get me to vote the leading wagon (the guy who wasnt who you thought was scum)?

if you really thought Sixx was scum, you would have have posted your reason for voting sixx, THEN asked why I wasnt voting. or posted your case THEN ask my thoughts on it. instead, you just half assed it, trying to look like you were scum hunting but not really doing anything town.

why didnt you provide a case for Sixx if you really wanted me to vote? I mean a could have crumbled under the pressure and voted Ztife instead of Sixx...didnt you want me to vote who you thought was scum?

vote killjester

I would also be fine with a UVApe and njoseph lynch as well.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by SlySly »

I'm in favor of a Darthe lynch, as well. When he makes a case, he doesn't provide evidence. Instead he says, look it up for yourself, you'll see it. Then you go and look and what he said was there, doesn't exist. Then when questioned about it, he just ignores the question to avoid revealing the truth that he's talking out of his ass.

VOTE: Darthe
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

VOTE: AJ

I'm gonna move back over here now. Thanks.
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by Darthe »

In post 1585, Aj The Epic wrote:No, I only mentioned a few posts but referenced a couple more (CKD case and the claim, for example).
I want to see his thoughts right now. To be honest, out of 23 players I could vote for, I'm picking my brain for who fits where. Darthe comes up as one of the loose ends right now.
Attacking a neighbor isn't a day 1 move that town generally does, especially before ever talking to his partner. Then, he just goes ahead and role claims. No trying to solve this subtly, just the claim.

And let's face it, Darthe hasn't given his stance.
What I'm looking for is the ones who have been voting on major wagons, but simply sheeping. I really want to look at JS because I think his play is incredibly stupid, but I think that may be more of a VI. Even with Darthe, the motive for how you play each individual role as town doesn't seem to be there.
You're a neighbor, haven't talked with your partner yet, claim he defended scum, and then basically outed yourself.
How does town go about the same situation, even saying Bumi DID defend Sixx? Maybe build a case, probably ask Bumi specifically about specific posts. Present certain questions. A neighbor between someone you can verify as pro-town is a double vote, someone who will support you, and possibly someone who can help you develop reads. Yet he claims? Why? It's almost as if Darthe is trying to use his claim as leverage to get a lynch.

The issue I still see is why does Darthe end up pushing so hard if he IS scum? I could see the WIFOM of "Led the town wagon, no reason to do so" ideology, but it is something rare to see in mafia, especially to get a simple lynch. Unless one of the current wagons was a scum partner. I believe this last part is untrue, because we do know Darthe voted for Zstife. The reasoning was shaky, so it could be a distancing tactic. His first post has Zstife as scummy. In the end, I need answers on this slot. To me, he's the most suspicious because I currently am going under the assumption NJ is VI.

To the bolded things in this post: Is this even a real discussion or are you that dumb? This entire post is written from the perspective of someone attempting, and failing, at assuming that I am mafia before they write it. Allow me to expound using a mixture of logic and psychology as the basis. In sentence three the statement is made "I'm picking my brains for who fits where" The implication is that judgement is being made and, by proxy that the poster sees connections in our character, notably not in factuality. The underlined statement after: The opening sentence states that *a townie* that is a neighbor doesn't attack their other neighbor day one. It then goes to say that the role claim was not subtle, implying both that the poster is being subtle (I refer you to the link of myself and their note of anti-town actions, subconsciously approached in the statement) and it states that I have not spoken to my neighbor. I find it interesting that AJ seems to *know* this information. Because it is very specific. Roger, who I replaced, did speak to my neighbor. Of course, the entire idea of this post is to attempt to make me appear incriminating while sliding over the host of reasons that I revealed, including that with the town up 1 scum already it was optimal timing and fit with the evidence provided in Bumi's efforts.

The entire second paragraph here is an in depth reiteration of the poster's core point, the message that they are attempting to persuade the group of. Read clearly and you can note that I am indirectly mentioned as anti-town in word or action in every sentence save two. The underlined is a direct redoubling of the underlined statement in paragraph one.

The third paragraph warrants the most incredulity however. It shows that the poster has considered his opponents thoughts and attempted to counter them before they were brought to light by pointing out how incredibly logical those would sound! Because, as we all know, it is far better to assume that people intentionally made the wrong decision in a gambit to draw suspicion and thereby seemingly commit political suicide, only so they can play a thin ploy to gain some mild support when they are under no suspicion...? Right?

And so I am brought back to my opening line. To the bolded things in this post: is this even a real discussion or are you just that dumb? And yes, that is sarcasm.

My final mention here is the finer point of the play I made in revealing. It is a simple yet effective tactic affectionately known at my home site as beating the grass to startle the snakes. Action=reaction=???=profit.

Vote AJ the Epic
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Darthe »

In post 1591, SlySly wrote:I'm in favor of a Darthe lynch, as well. When he makes a case, he doesn't provide evidence. Instead he says, look it up for yourself, you'll see it. Then you go and look and what he said was there, doesn't exist. Then when questioned about it, he just ignores the question to avoid revealing the truth that he's talking out of his ass.

VOTE: Darthe

You still don't seem like scum to me but I pity you more for it. Is English your first language?
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by Albus Dumbledore »

Can someone tell me why the Ztife wagon existed in the first place?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 1594, Darthe wrote:
Is English your first language?

Yes, it's my only language. Just unlike you, my voice box is not in my colon.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Darthe »

^ I have no colon. Only a head a stomach and a *****. All anyone really needs.

I do love that this has all gotten to you to the point of making petty remarks though. Perhaps you're getting off balance, no?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by SlySly »

No seenior, pleeenty balanced here! Andele, andele!!
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by Darthe »

Hmm, another jest while suspect. That seems at ends with your statements throughout the game.

Noted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”