Open 474 - Friends and Enemies - Game Over!

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

Well Venrob hasn't really responded well, but he's at least acknowledged that they're there.
Are you ready for this?
Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Docteur Gudsight »

In post 124, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 123, Docteur Gudsight wrote:HD what did you think of serra's answer beyond lack of double standard? Would you call it actually useful things she linked to?

1) The double standard part was really the important thing about the answer; I didn't really see anything particularly town or scum other than that tidbit.

Can you say what kind of answer from serra would have given you a scumread on him?

~Els
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Post by Venrob »

In post 149, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 145, NicCage wrote:Town reads for me are always general gut reads; I can never attribute anything specific to my town reads.

Lol reads are same for me day 1-2. Until enough info or dead maf im useless, except if OMGUS. Lets just say that didnt go too well last time.... Can't link its ongoing
I'm back!
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Anything along the lines of:

1) Avoiding the question.
2) Saying it's fine for a filler reason.
3) Giving a wishy-washy answer.

P-Edit: You have some reads to give son. I want reads on at least 5 players in this game right now. Go.
Are you ready for this?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 152, Venrob wrote:Lol reads are same for me day 1-2. Until enough info or dead maf im useless

You should try asking questions and attempting to analyse people then, there's definity enough info to be able to esbtalish some resemblance to reads (even if they're just town because those are a lot easier to gain)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 pm

@Human_Destroyer: "He has posted before" is not a filler reason?

~Els
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Well that's not the reason he posted.

He said "JacobSavage has been attempting to contribute, whereas Venrob has not." That's not filler IMO.
Are you ready for this?
Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Difference being? He isn't going to say it that exact way since that makes it sound a lot less town like then he's contributing some helpful things here and there.

Anyways two current scum reads are on ven (more so for ignoring other wagons in the past and now on focusing on himself when commenting without looking much elsewhere then the supposed slip which really neither alignment has any benefit and hd I disagree is a town tell, but just a dumb tell) and serra (reasoning on jacob seems weak and forced).

CD how much does ven's slip matter to you? HD how much does it matter to you as well (if it's dumb as scum then how does it become not dumb as town and just null?)?

~M
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 157, Docteur Gudsight wrote:CD how much does ven's slip matter to you?

I'm just currently doing vote all liars (not lynch at this stage), I don't actually consider it a slip, but I feel having the vote there will help me understand Venrob's alignment.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

In post 131, KX wrote:
And, rather then talk about myself, many of you will be happy to know that I plan to soon make a semi-constructive post of how I see the game so far based on other people.

YOU'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF

STOP IT

STOP IT STOP IT STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT

In post 140, Human Destroyer wrote:Josh Lyman is scum because he completely refuses to comment on relevant things in the game.

I think KX being scum is highly relevant. Why don't you? Are you his partner?

goodmorning is probtown.

In post 149, Human Destroyer wrote:Josh Lyman, on the other hand, has singlehandedly managed to avoid absolutely everything in the entire thread.

I don't know why I'm even typing a response to you, as you've repeatedly indicated you have absolutely zero grasp of a thing we like to call "reading comprehension," but I'm going to try anyway.

TRY READING MY POSTS AND YOU WILL SEE THAT I AM NOT AVOIDING WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD.
Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Did you ever explain why having part of what you say be about yourself is a bad thing?

~M
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

"Part" of what you say being about yourself is not an issue.

Every. Single. Word. though, being about yourself, tends to be an issue. You can't scumhunt if you aren't talking about anyone else, right?
Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 pm

In post 131, KX wrote:In response to Nic, I'll admit the multi-paragraph post wasn't the most helpful, and could have been shortened, but it was to prove a point. Other the the TL;DR nature, how is the information not helpful? It's proving something to talk about, it gives people insight into my play style since there's no meta, and if gives something for people to go off of. Also, I tend to be a reckless person. I don't exactly crave attention, but see no problem with sticking out, and won't change my attitude to avoid doing so.

Did this paragraph disappear? (same with stuff directed to AA) Not really talking to himself.

~M
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon
Location: Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol, Earth

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 am

Post by KX »

Player List:
Human Destroyer
:
Perhaps a little more jovial then I'm used to, but over all pretty solid play, and I believe that his judging of other players so far seems reasonable enough. His check for a double standard in particular seems like something a scum wouldn't be likely to do, but not sure, as HD's pretty smart. I would say leaning town for the moment.
ArcAngel9

As far as I can tell, they seem to be trying to help and understand things. So far though, iirc, they haven't really contributed much. The closest to helping they've done is their prodding of me, which as far as I can tell was unbased. They couldn't support anything they said, and were just asking questions which didn't relate to what was said upon anything more then a quick glance. I'm not sure if they just weren't reading my posts closely, but either way it's enough to warrent them leaning scum.
Docteur Gudsight

Sorry, but I'm going to be worthless for this. Never played with one before, and I've got to be honest, I object to the practise. I've never been that good with reads, and this just further complicates it, so no opinion. Maybe later I can figure something out, but now, I got nothing.
JacobSavage

Seems like somewhat of a flightly person, but playing without any hesitation, and an over all positive feeling. I really think I need to see more, especially more with quality substance to it, to get something definitive. So far though, I'd say leaning town.
Klick

Seems to be an interesting character. I should probably read over other games of his, since some background information seems especially useful. The self-vote is an pretty pro-town seeming move, as I can't imagine it's likely a scum would endanger themselves to create discussion. If it's a common tact of his though, the point is somewhat less so. Otherwise, most of his post are decent enough. As said before, I'd like to see more from him. Townish leaning for now.
NicCage

Low activity to begin with, but it seems to have picked up. Mainly just calling out minor corrections or adding his vote, but comparatively, that's actually pretty decent. So I suppose I'll have to go with town leaning. As always though, more posting would be good, especially in his case.
Spencer22

I think he's made literally one post. That post made it look like he was trying to fill a leader-type role, get things going etc, only problem being such a role would be impractical and unneeded. So yeah, post more pl0x. Gonna have to go with neutral or perhapse scum-leaning for not fullfuling his promise of activity.
serrapaladin

So far, really everything they've said makes sense and works, based around logic. Though that doesn't definitively make them scum, it certainly doesn't harm their case as a player. If they're village, they should be helpful, and if they're not, then it should be easy enough to find when it comes to partners. Potentially highly dangerous if they can completely give up partnership, but oh well, problem will be dealt with as they arrive. As said, no flaws to far, so gonna guess town until I see something against it.
Josh Lyman

So, his first post is a random vote. His second is one saying that we're all arguing over nothing, and directing a derogatory nature towards it. Guess what his third post is? He criticizes
me
for for contributing, and not talking with other players. Off this he concludes that I'm scum. Unless I'm wrong, literally every other post he makes is about how I'm bad, and a number of them are posts with no actual substance. Even those with substance lack solid reasoning. In my books are least, hypocrisy + targeting = scum, and as such, VOTE: Josh Lyman. If he pointed out my flaws like serra, I could respect him, and might even take it as a pro-town read. However, due to the nature of presentation, I'd say he's scum, and so my vote.
Cheery Dog

He reminds me of a Jacob with more quality. Their attitudes seem similar, posting seem around a similar frequency, the manner in which they act presents itself to me as the same, etc. However, Cheery's posts seem to contain a little bit more original thought and reasoning then Jacob's. So if I think Jacob is town, Cheery is most certainly leaning town.
goodmorning

They remind me somewhat of serra. Their posts are logical, make sense, bring up interesting posts, and are helpful. The two main differences are that they seem to view things in a more positive light, and that they have significantly less posts. However, if they continue at their current rate, I may consider them one of the cleanest players. Even despite the lack of evidence available, I'll still have to say they lean town.
Venrob

Honestly, I don't know. I think their case has been pretty well outlined, and I have nothing else to add, so I won't. As for my thoughts about it, I currently have to say they lean scum, but I'll remain open minded and if more information appears, may be willing to change my opinion.

So there you have it, my opinions on every player in the game. Hopefully this will clear up some of the accusations made against me based around the fact I haven't presented opinions on others, and have instead remained on the topic of myself. Discuss as you wish. Also, forgive me for any mistakes, grammatical or otherwise, this post was made at 3 am. And expect a follow-up post outlining specifically what I mean about Josh, and why my vote is on him.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:14 am

Post by JacobSavage »

KX is town, as in
NEVER
should be lynched under any circumstances. Scum do not stay up til 3am making a big post listing all of his reads. Scum try and avoid giving them so the fact 1. he gave them voluntarily and 2. he did them so late at night when sleep is far more important. Either he's town or he's scum and didn't read his Role PM.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 am

Post by CityElectric »

Votecount 1.4

Venrob (L-3):
goodmorning, Cheery Dog, serrapaladin, NicCage
Klick (L-4):
Klick, JacobSavage, Venrob
NicCage (L-6):
Human Destroyer
KX (L-6):
Josh Lyman
Cheery Dog (L-6):
ArcAngel9
serrapaladin (L-6):
Docteur Gudsight
Josh Lyman (L-6):
KX

Not voting (7):
Spencer22

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-02-06 11:00:00)

In post 115, KX wrote:can I insult people provided it is obviously impersonal and I have no intention to offend by doing so?

It's not really an insult then, is it? Just use common sense when you're posting.

On a general note: please try not place your vote in the middle of giant walls of text. If you want me to miss your vote, that's the way to do it.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:37 am

Post by Klick »

In post 164, JacobSavage wrote:KX is town, as in
NEVER
should be lynched under any circumstances. Scum do not stay up til 3am making a big post listing all of his reads. Scum try and avoid giving them so the fact 1. he gave them voluntarily and 2. he did them so late at night when sleep is far more important. Either he's town or he's scum and didn't read his Role PM.

QFT
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

[quote="In post 146, goodmorning
@AA9: What do you think of Josh?[/quote]

Josh is a person i am bit concerned about, He randomly votes me first and after 3 pages laters he made another posting saying that "every body is arguing over nothing" and later he gives bit lecture to KX , and right after he votex KX. Over all 7 pages he has been nothing but "Null"
I don't know Josh before neither i have ever played with him I am wondering if this is how he play or he is scum and trying to avoid facing the game?

Unvote

VOTE: Josh
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:10 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 164, JacobSavage wrote:KX is town, as in
NEVER

WIFOM from hell.

I'll post something substantial later tonight, but here are some preliminary thoughts:

• Goodmorning
    and
    ArcAngel
    both seem town, although ArcAngel's vote on Josh seems a bit odd, after admitting he's only been null so far. Input from both of them seems genuine and is somewhat helpful.
  • Cheery
    and
    NicCage
    are probably townie too, Cheery has been contributing quite well and NicCage admitting to be sheeping doesn't seem like a scum move.
  • By now, I'm afraid I think Josh is wrong about
    KX
    . I still don't like his play, but can see it coming from a town motivation.
  • HD
    has been posting well, but I get the feeling he wouldn't play much differently as scum. I'll have to take a closer look at him.
  • Spencer
    needs to post more.
  • Venrob
    should probably explain his meta-misrep
  • I haven't gotten a good read on
    Klick
    Jacob
    or
    Docteur
    yet. I think I might have to leave reading Klick to someone else, but the others I'll also take a closer look at.
Wandering but not lost
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:14 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

We through with 7 pages game and everybody got something to add value but Josh had practically nothing. I think that is good enough for me to see him that he intentionally being null to avoid being part of discussion.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:23 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Less input than Spencer?
Wandering but not lost
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:22 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 170, serrapaladin wrote:Less input than Spencer?

May be not, Spencer hasn't made any posts to tell anything about him... At least there are no posts from him its not a good thing but not as worst as making null posts that helps no one...

And about Spencer.. He hasn't made any posts. Aren't we suppose to asking for Prod?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:04 am

Post by JacobSavage »

I don't believe that it is though, there are far better ways of looking town
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:08 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

About whoom you're talking about?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:14 am

Post by JacobSavage »

II'm addressing Serra about KX
"
"

I have a GTKAS!

Return to “Completed Open Games”