Micro 121: SS9 (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:33 am

Post by Wisdom »

Umm okay. But that's not enough to make me scum. I'll wait for more reasons from you.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:36 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Reasons will come (possibly in the other direction) as the game progresses.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 am

Post by Wisdom »

Btw

@Mod
, it would probably be a good idea to send DayStart pms to those that haven't posted yet.
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:59 am

Post by Blueberry »

In post 73, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 69, Wisdom wrote:Yeah, my point is, my "english please" remark and my comment about your pedit came after your post. I didn't get to post after Lincolm's reaction and before yours.

Well I still dislike people agreeing with me about stuff that I'm not even that sure about when I post.

Disliking somebody = Thinking somebody's scum?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 am

Post by Wisdom »

He said that disliked the action of agreeing (found it scummy), not that he disliked me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am

Post by Wisdom »

ebwop: that he* - we have butchered the language in this game.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:06 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 78, Blueberry wrote:Disliking somebody = Thinking somebody's scum?

Nah Wisdom's cool, I just find it when I'm saying stuff I only half support and the next post is someone agreeing with me, I just find it scummy.

I would probably stop saying stuff I only half support, but the part of me that doesn't support what I write gets to my brain before my fingers have moved to the Submit button.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:16 am

Post by Huntress »

Four pages already? Comments coming but may not be till after dinner.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:11 am

Post by Huntress »

First thoughts:

Blueberry's 7 - carrying a joke a step too far? Seems forced. Same with Cheery's post 6 but to a lesser extent.

I grinned at Wicked's post 9.

Lincolm's 12 - Why sorry? In 29 he says it was because of his joke in 5 but I don't see that that is anything to apologise for; after all it was RVS. There's a bit of a disconnect between saying 5 was a joke but not understanding how Wicked's 9 was also a joke. Picks on Cheery for sheeping Kmd but not Blueberry for sheeping them both.

@ Lincolm: What do you think of Blueberry's post 15 putting you at L-1? Apart from what you said in 16.

I need to check Cheery's meta re: the first line of post 43.

At first glance Wisdom seems town but my scumdar is pinging a bit there. Asking the Mod to chase people only eight hours into the game is a bit too eager for one thing. Another meta check I think.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Wisdom »

I don't want him to chase them, I'm just not sure they know the game started since there were no "DayStart" pms.
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Blueberry »

Blueberry's 7 - carrying a joke a step too far? Seems forced. Same with Cheery's post 6 but to a lesser extent.

Huntress, don't be jealous that you didn't get to participate in the joke.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 16, Lincolm wrote:That's good. Meaning at least 1 scums in my wagon. And the hammer will be townie. VCA going to be good in day 2. :D

VCAtm doesn't really work when only one vote is serious. Nice try though.

Wait. I'm reading 29 and I have to ask. You thought wicked was making a serious case off of colons and numbers? (And if this has been answered, I write my posts as I read so that's why its here).

As for the hammer thing for my plan, if someone refuses, they are lynched instead. Easy.

----------

Wisdom, on wicked's jokecase, I did the same thing you did. I saw obvjoke and voted for a reaction to it. Why is that scummy for me but not for you?

The plan probably looks "pre prepared" because it is. I thought of it before the game started.

I asked why because I came into the thread and the only post was an unreasoned vote. I was curious why and figured i'd be more likely to get an answer if I included a vote. I didn't know a chain would form and even if I had, I fail to see how it benefits scum.

Not sure if you are intentionally stretching for a case to get the game moving or what but if you believe your case, you might want to look at it more from the perspective of "why would scum do this".

-----------

Hold up. Lincolm didn't think it was a joke, but didn't take it seriously? How is that not contradicting? And then he says he's not being serious right after wisdom says he's either town who is also joking or bluffing scum. So he comes in all like "oh yeah its the town one". Ok. Not buying it.

-------------

Wisdom (post 41), nah. I'm not likely to ignore the first long post of a game regardless of what it is. This is true for me as either town or scum.

-------------

Cheery is town for the fake hammer. Scum's only reason to reaction test is to draw a reaction that can be interperated as scummy and I don't think cheery is that kind of player.

------------

I want wisdom to hammer lincolm. Lincolm pointing out daytalk made me think. My plan for town to control hammers is the kind of thing where scum might go to a QT and say "hey we have to shoot this down. Someone vote him". I'm disturbed that it's not even being discussed. I'm guessing the other scum won't talk about my plan negatively because they don't want to be too obvious and all in agreement in thread.

------------

You know what has me second guessing on Lincolmscum? The self-vote. I'm not sure he'd leave it there at L-1 this whole time.

unvote, vote wisdom

^not sure who i'd want to hammer this if it were to happen...
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Wisdom »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Wisdom, on wicked's jokecase, I did the same thing you did. I saw obvjoke and voted for a reaction to it. Why is that scummy for me but not for you?

What? Where did I vote for a reaction? I'm pretty sure my votes have been a) you for reasons I said and b) Lincolm because I believe he's scum.

Kmd4390 wrote:
I asked why because I came into the thread and the only post was an unreasoned vote. I was curious why
So this is your first time seeing RVS? I would believe that if it came from a newbie, maybe. Or not.

Also, you want me to hammer Lincolm yet you unvote Lincolm and vote me? Seems legit. Regardless, I'm not hammering anyone this early, just so you know.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

You voted me for my reaction to the joke. My reaction was a vote on lincolm for his reaction to the joke.

I've played roughly 150-200 games so I've seen RVS before. What makes you think otherwise?

I changed my mind. I'm not as sure lincolm is scum as I was before.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 am

Post by Wisdom »

If you've seen RVS what was so strange with one unexplained vote in the first post...?

You voted Lincolm for his reaction; I voted you for your reaction, your insistence to call that post a "joke", your pre-prepared plan, and everything else I've said. Different things, different levels of scumminess.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 83, Huntress wrote:I need to check Cheery's meta re: the first line of post 43.

If I recall correctly, the only time I've talked about me taking stuff seriously before was actually in a scum game. (and noone in this game was in that game), it's a fairly pointless meta search for one thing. (unless you're looking for me taking jokes seriously - that happens everywhere and is a feature of my personally and nothing to do with mafia games)
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Expect a post in three or four hours. If it's not here, then I've been eaten by lions. I have to go now, though.

Mod:
I don't know why they would, but if a townie were to hammer their self, would they be the only player to die? Or would the L-1 voter die as well?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by implosion »

Vote count 1.2:Lincolm - 3 (Lincolm, Blueberry, Wisdom)
Wisdom - 2 (Cheery Dog, Kmd4390)
Blueberry - 1 (Wickedestjr)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline is 2 weeks from this post, at 8:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2013-02-10 00:00:00).

Wisdom wrote:@Mod, it would probably be a good idea to send DayStart pms to those that haven't posted yet.

Done.
Wickedestjr wrote:
Mod: I don't know why they would, but if a townie were to hammer their self, would they be the only player to die? Or would the L-1 voter die as well?

If a super-saint selfhammers, they would be the only player to die.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

It started already? Hai everyone o.o
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Vote: Lincolm

L-1
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Wisdom, I didn't think it was strange at all.

If you still think those things are scum-motivated, you'll have to explain what is wrong with my answer to it. For example, why is it scummy to come up with a strategy before the game starts?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Woah I just realized that this is a 3 scum in a 9 player game that has town vengekills. This is over poweredly scumsided O.O
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

That's why kmd's plan is needed as the "second lynch".

According to the post in open setup reviews before this game started, town has a 45% EV rating by following that.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 86, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 16, Lincolm wrote:That's good. Meaning at least 1 scums in my wagon. And the hammer will be townie. VCA going to be good in day 2. :D

VCAtm doesn't really work when only one vote is serious. Nice try though.

Wait. I'm reading 29 and I have to ask. You thought wicked was making a serious case off of colons and numbers? (And if this has been answered, I write my posts as I read so that's why its here).

As for the hammer thing for my plan, if someone refuses, they are lynched instead. Easy.

----------

The plan probably looks "pre prepared" because it is. I thought of it before the game started.

I asked why because I came into the thread and the only post was an unreasoned vote. I was curious why and figured i'd be more likely to get an answer if I included a vote. I didn't know a chain would form and even if I had, I fail to see how it benefits scum.

Not sure if you are intentionally stretching for a case to get the game moving or what but if you believe your case, you might want to look at it more from the perspective of "why would scum do this".

-----------

Hold up. Lincolm didn't think it was a joke, but didn't take it seriously? How is that not contradicting? And then he says he's not being serious right after wisdom says he's either town who is also joking or bluffing scum. So he comes in all like "oh yeah its the town one". Ok. Not buying it.

-------------

Wisdom (post 41), nah. I'm not likely to ignore the first long post of a game regardless of what it is. This is true for me as either town or scum.

-------------

Cheery is town for the fake hammer. Scum's only reason to reaction test is to draw a reaction that can be interperated as scummy and I don't think cheery is that kind of player.

------------

I want wisdom to hammer lincolm. Lincolm pointing out daytalk made me think. My plan for town to control hammers is the kind of thing where scum might go to a QT and say "hey we have to shoot this down. Someone vote him". I'm disturbed that it's not even being discussed. I'm guessing the other scum won't talk about my plan negatively because they don't want to be too obvious and all in agreement in thread.

------------

You know what has me second guessing on Lincolmscum? The self-vote. I'm not sure he'd leave it there at L-1 this whole time.

unvote, vote wisdom

^not sure who i'd want to hammer this if it were to happen...

Before I knew about Wis being good scum, id shoot this down in your face and yell at you for it. But I'd like to say no anyway. Me and Huntress are flowing into the game now (late if I may add), that means new players and new reactions that we need. Personally, I do see lincolm as scum for the self vote and asking for the hammer vote because it's extremely EXTREMELY antitown. Not only will scum not be stupid enough to hammer, town is the most likely to and if he's scum, he's relying on someone to point this out and use it against ourselves. So we can only lose at the lylo.

Effing game is so freaking overpowered it's crazy.
I don't think we should lynch Lincolm just yet. I want to know what the HELL he's thinking for having such a scumplay. Either he's still acting nubbish or he didn't read the setup as well as we all should have (I sure didn't)

UNVOTE:

@Lincolm: Explain what you're doing.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Ohai. (Catching up)

I had to laugh at the string of RVS. Was cute guys.

Wicked your post here.

When you called out Blueberry for confirming last, what did you exactly mean by it? There's different reasons for people to want to call out non-confirmed last.

Lincoln why did you take Wicked's post so seriously? I think it might have something to do with the language barrier. Forgot if it was you or Levi that English wasn't a first language.

I have to say I dislike KMD's post here.
Mainly due to the Lincoln case. After I'm finished with this post I need to go review Lincoln's scum games. I know the one that I remember by him feels slightly different.

Also about the plan. I actually encourage that considering how many scum we have to town. It gives the town a slightly better chance to win.

Lincoln .. Don't self-vote...

Blueberry - that is a stupid reason to put someone at L-1. >.> (joke or no joke)

Lincoln - Mind explaining what you got out of analyzing RVS?

Wisdom - Why is coming up with a plan ahead of time scummy?

Also, how did you know that Lincoln's language wasn't english? Have you played in a previous game with him? If so, link please.

... CD is probably town. That fake hammer thing is usually done by town for reactions.

There's something off about Wisdom. Let me see if I can pin point it... (Scumgutradar is killing me)

Blueberry has a point with that whole self-vote...

Also, letting us know that you have a plan is bad because you might not have let out specific details of the plan, but letting us know the plan exists destroys any type of trap you had brewing. - Congrats on that - btw.

:P @ Huntress. Don't complain <3 (I forgot that you were playing - I need to get a read on you ASAP)

Really Slimer ... You barely respond to anything happening, but super quick to put Lincoln back at L-1. >.>

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”